Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Star Drake costs $240 dollarydoos, I can get a KoW mega army and tack on another starter army for $249 dollarydoos

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I would say I'm sorry you live in a prison colony, but we currently looking down the barrel of the escape from new york timeline here in freedom land.

Eandr
Oct 9, 2012
In other GW news, someone new has the license to WFRP.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3810-Games-Workshop-Concluding-Deal-For-Licensing-Rights-To-Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Weird and a little disappointing that it's just the WFRP license and not the 40k RPG line, but maybe that'll come further down the road. The One Ring is a pretty good RPG.

Eandr
Oct 9, 2012
I'm all-in on 3e and actually really enjoy it (I know that's an Unpopular Opinion in this thread), but hopefully there will be some good fluff supplements. Or more stuff for Elves that can be worked back into 3e!

I don't have any experience with Cubicle 7, so no idea what to expect ruleswise.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Eandr posted:

I'm all-in on 3e and actually really enjoy it (I know that's an Unpopular Opinion in this thread), but hopefully there will be some good fluff supplements. Or more stuff for Elves that can be worked back into 3e!

I don't have any experience with Cubicle 7, so no idea what to expect ruleswise.

Their Doctor Who game is in the story game side of things but WFRP may not be. Given how especially in the UK the 1st ed was a holy sacred cow and all.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unrelated but: Who wants to bet that For Honor is going to die on the vine because of loving uplay? Seeing sponsored streamers unable to play your game, because your connection service is broken, is pretty embarrassing.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Eandr posted:

WHFRP 3E was awesome and I also enjoyed it for the brief period I owned it (had to move overseas about six month after buying it, and sold it to a German mate). The system lives on in the Star Wars RPG.

As for WHFRP flavor though, I'm pretty enamored with Shadow of the Demon Lord which feels a bit like a spiritual but not mechanical successor.

I've also got zero experience with Cubicle 7.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Irate Tree posted:

Unrelated but: Who wants to bet that For Honor is going to die on the vine because of loving uplay? Seeing sponsored streamers unable to play your game, because your connection service is broken, is pretty embarrassing.

Uplay continues to be the worst part of Ubisoft games but some of their in game bugs compete pretty well.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching people play the game, all the bugs i've seen are around connectivity and ladders. Like, Ubisoft must know by now that their Uplay service is notorious for being poo poo and yet, they're still going with it. Not to mention they decided to make it PtP and not server based, which is insane.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Today I played Advanced Squad Leader. Never again.

Eandr
Oct 9, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

As for WHFRP flavor though, I'm pretty enamored with Shadow of the Demon Lord which feels a bit like a spiritual but not mechanical successor.

I hadn't heard of this before, but it looks intriguing. Even has a banes and boons mechanic!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Eandr posted:

I hadn't heard of this before, but it looks intriguing. Even has a banes and boons mechanic!

You can start the game with a small yet vicious dog if the parallels aren't immediately apparent. Theres a writeup ongoing in FATAL & Friends that initially prompted me to pick up a couple of the books.

Eandr
Oct 9, 2012
I'll check it out, thanks!

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Apparently on GW's facebook they're insisting that what's going on in 40K right now isn't "The End Times". I dunno, mate, obliterating Fenris, destroying Biel-Tan, and the incarnation of the Laughing God sure seems pretty end-timesy. DIdn't Cadia also get destroyed or something in the first book?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

FrostyPox posted:

Apparently on GW's facebook they're insisting that what's going on in 40K right now isn't "The End Times". I dunno, mate, obliterating Fenris, destroying Biel-Tan, and the incarnation of the Laughing God sure seems pretty end-timesy. DIdn't Cadia also get destroyed or something in the first book?
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FrostyPox posted:

Some gw promoter told serious Gaylord that they weren't squatting any armies to his face so take from that what you will

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Is whatever dead truly can die?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Business Gorillas posted:

Some gw promoter told serious Gaylord that they weren't squatting any armies to his face so take from that what you will

What the heck, serious gaylord can take some serious abuse. :stare:

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Shadow of the Demon Lord

This looks pretty rad.

Does anyone know of an RPG that would be a similar apocalyptic theme but set in modern times? Back in the day I was a big fan of Alternity and their Dark Matter setting. This was to the best of my recollection heavily influenced by the X-Files.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sir Teabag posted:

This looks pretty rad.

Does anyone know of an RPG that would be a similar apocalyptic theme but set in modern times? Back in the day I was a big fan of Alternity and their Dark Matter setting. This was to the best of my recollection heavily influenced by the X-Files.

http://schwalb-entertainment.myshopify.com/products/godless

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

What the heck, serious gaylord can take some serious abuse. :stare:

serious gaylord posted:

Reminder that I was told, to my face, by the person they hired to market AOS, that they would never be getting rid of any army.

I don't trust anything they say about the 40k reboot.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Still seems like there's a decent chance they're moving the clock from a minute to midnight to half a minute from midnight and then stopping it again, but I hope they blow everything up just because it'll be fun to watch as someone who thinks the setting is cool but would never spend as much money, time and effort as it takes to play their minis game.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

:getin:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

FrostyPox posted:

obliterating Fenris, destroying Biel-Tan, and the incarnation of the Laughing God

wait what?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

yeah apparently in the Wrath of Magnus book Magnus obliterates Fenris from space and meanwhile the Avatar of the Laughing God is born on Biel-Tan but it causes the Craftworld's core to rupture or some dumb poo poo

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Haha I never expected things to be so literally AoS 2.0

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FrostyPox posted:

yeah apparently in the Wrath of Magnus book Magnus obliterates Fenris from space and meanwhile the Avatar of the Laughing God is born on Biel-Tan but it causes the Craftworld's core to rupture or some dumb poo poo

Are you sure about that? Wasn't it Ynnead?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
And they blew up cadia

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lilljonas posted:

Haha I never expected things to be so literally AoS 2.0

AoS: Chaos blew up the planet, with the heroes walking off defeated lead to the new world by elf gods.

Fall of Cadia: Chaos blew up the planet, with the heroes walking off defeated lead to the new world by eldar.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LordAba posted:

AoS: Chaos blew up the planet, with the heroes walking off defeated lead to the new world by elf gods.

Fall of Cadia: Chaos blew up the planet, with the heroes walking off defeated lead to the new world by eldar.

It's not the End Times unless the reality balls touch though

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

LGD posted:

It's not the End Times unless the reality balls touch though

It's OK to be hosed in the wallet if GW says "no nigmo".

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 29, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The joke is that it won't be age of the emperor but they'll just combine existing 40k factions into Age of Sigmar. It's one unified system! Buy whatever you want! Play with whatever you want! GW is giving choice back to the players!

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ynnead a sense of humour.

Hi I'm the laughing God I'll be here all daey.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah it was Ynnead, my bad. All those elf gods look the same imo

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Sir Teabag posted:

This looks pretty rad.

Just move to D.C. at this point, no rulebook needed

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
my skelly bones adult figure model came today

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moola posted:

my skelly bones adult figure model came today

I'm surprised you haven't gone all in on the pose skeleton line

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008