Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

2300 base exp gets you 1st class on the LeFoof arty how the gently caress does anyone get a mastery badge on it
also good work ROFLburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

2300 base exp gets you 1st class on the LeFoof arty how the gently caress does anyone get a mastery badge on it

Well you 100% didn't get 2300 base XP, and you get a mastery by getting lots of killshots or blind full pens. HEATing some poor loving tier 4 or 5 medium tank will get you there.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Trip Report KV85

Let's hope the IS can make me just as happy as this thing.
Also the 100m on the 85 is seriously broken.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

Well you 100% didn't get 2300 base XP, and you get a mastery by getting lots of killshots or blind full pens. HEATing some poor loving tier 4 or 5 medium tank will get you there.

oh snap, premium don't count and neither does the bonus from using a prem tank either so it's like 1100. Should I be shooting HEAT all the time in this?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Fat Jesus posted:

Should I be shooting HEAT all the time in this?

no, you should bring a few for when you get a good target, but not too many since running out of HE is a very real possibility and then you'll look very silly while that last enemy KV-220 kills your entire team on his own

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I got that garage mod with the 'last battle' option, it's good.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Prav posted:

no, you should bring a few for when you get a good target, but not too many since running out of HE is a very real possibility and then you'll look very silly while that last enemy KV-220 kills your entire team on his own

yeah I only carry like 5 HEAT and usually reserve them for other artys / open top TD's like T67's.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Anyone interested in doing me a little favor? Download this replay and just watch my M43 from the unlocked camera view:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3293994?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

The "friendly" M12 does the "use your gun to block a friendly arty's shot and force a TK" thing, which I've seen before, but in that battle, and every time I watch that replay on my system, even without mods, the M12 disappears near the beginning and doesn't reappear until after we both die. :stare: I can't tell if it's just on my system or if this dude actually has a "+2 Cloak of Invisibility" for his tanks. :eyepop:

Hellsau posted:

I really liked the 3002M, I hated the Panther and Panther 2, and the E50 is fantastic but had a horrible stock grind. Now the E50's stock grind appears to be perfectly reasonable with the long 88 after the DPM buff and being unlockable on the Panther 2, the Panther gets actual good damage output, and the Panther 2 is probably going to suck still unless the long 88 turns out to be good on it. The Panther 2 had major module damage issues while being unexceptional and mostly just worse than the FCM for me - I don't know if a comically large gun will make it enjoyable enough for me to farm a T95E2.

oh also:

German Cromwell is actually going to be a Cromwell I guess?

The 3002M is just the Babby Panther, not bad but nothing special. I liked the Panther because of that ridiculous needle gun, and didn't enjoy the Panther 2 due to the miserable gun handling. All told I've grinded the Panther 2 twice, the Indien once, and now I'm on the TVP VTU, which now that I think about it is more like the Indien, but still, that's almost the same tank 4 times through now....

And of course Wargaming felt the need to buff the goddamn 3001D, which is totally unnecessary but I'm not complaining because it's one of my favorites. :shrug:

Michaellaneous posted:

KV 122, Krupp Steyr Waffleträger and Pz2J on sale.

None of these are worth it.

Uh, the Pz2J is the OP-as-gently caress tier 3 that they almost never sell.

Mesadoram posted:

Fake Edit: lololol @ the T28, T28 Proto and T95 speed boosts. I liked the Proto, now it seems like it won't be that bad.

I'm going to be finished with the T95 before the buff it, but to be honest...it hasn't been that bad! :shobon:

ROFLburger posted:

My TK policy is as follows:

• kill friendly pubs with low health towards the end of a winning match and watch them have a meltdown in chat
  • kill friendly pubs that are mouthing off
  • kill friendly pubs that bump me while I'm aiming
  • track friendly pubs that are going to finish off an enemy tank before I get a shot

Also, I got a handful of hourly bans, then a 7 day ban, and last night got my first 30 day ban. You're safe until you start powering through those hourly bans I think.

I commonly do #2 & 3, but you're not supposed to get yourself banned from the game. That's basically like letting pubbies get a free pass. That's now how we roll in PANSY! :colbert:

BadLlama posted:

Are the number of team kills you have done tracked as a stat somewhere?

I wish! :allears:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Type 5 Heavy
– Added gun 15 cm / 45 41st Year Type
– Reinforced turret and hull armor

Type 4 Heavy
– Added gun 15 cm/45 41st Year Type
– Weight capacity for Type 4 Heavy Kai changed from 165,000 kg. up to 170,000 kg.
– Reinforced hull armor

Oh my loving god, after four months of this being announced, it's finally happening.

Anyone know when this patch is due to hit?

Not soon enough!

Fat Jesus posted:

"LeichtFeldHaubitze" ("Light Field Howitzer.") :colbert:

Michaellaneous posted:

Trip Report KV85

The lack of gun depression balances it out though; there are going to be maps where you'll hate driving that thing.

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah I only carry like 5 HEAT and usually reserve them for other artys / open top TD's like T67's.

Uh, HEAT doesn't do any more damage to open tops, you're thinking of HE for that purpose.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

serious gaylord posted:

I ground up to that shitbox 3 years ago and have been enjoying the gently caress out of it after coming back and finding it got super buffed. Regularly had games of 4000+ damage bounced just by driving forwards at enemy tanks. It sounds bad that they're dropping the lower plate, but they're also removing the upper plate weakspots and hugely buffing the side so....

I don't suppose they buffed the 4502 ausf A, aka the Best German Medium Tank, at any point in the past year?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Archenteron posted:

I don't suppose they buffed the 4502 ausf A, aka the Best German Medium Tank, at any point in the past year?

getting buffed next patch

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

I'm a russian heavy tank bro, the IS is great. The IS-3 is even better.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

Not soon enough!

On the forums, the opinions range from "probably not before late March/April" to "it's an intermediate patch, so probably sooner than March", and I have no idea whether to be bummed out, or getting antsy with anticipation.

Damnit, wargaming, just give me my loving huge 8 meter naval gun with fun HE rounds.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I have damned myself.
Is HESH still hosed and there is no reason to play the 183 doomcannon?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hencoe posted:

I have damned myself.
Is HESH still hosed and there is no reason to play the 183 doomcannon?

There was a Grille 15 in A4 on Mines that was spotted stationary and then went dark. I was on the center hill, Exia was on the western island, both of us in our 183s. We both blindshot and hit the Grille - it showed up later with 400something HP. Any other TD would have done more with less work, even AP from the 183. HE(SH) is still garbage.

The only use for the 183 is to punish tier eights and nines for choosing to play World of Tanks.

Atomizer posted:

Anyone interested in doing me a little favor? Download this replay and just watch my M43 from the unlocked camera view:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3293994?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

The "friendly" M12 does the "use your gun to block a friendly arty's shot and force a TK" thing, which I've seen before, but in that battle, and every time I watch that replay on my system, even without mods, the M12 disappears near the beginning and doesn't reappear until after we both die. :stare: I can't tell if it's just on my system or if this dude actually has a "+2 Cloak of Invisibility" for his tanks. :eyepop:

Artillery still has the 500ish meter draw distance limit. If you're in arti view 600m away WoT doesn't render tanks near you because Wargaming.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hellsau posted:

There was a Grille 15 in A4 on Mines that was spotted stationary and then went dark. I was on the center hill, Exia was on the western island, both of us in our 183s. We both blindshot and hit the Grille - it showed up later with 400something HP. Any other TD would have done more with less work, even AP from the 183. HE(SH) is still garbage.

The only use for the 183 is to punish tier eights and nines for choosing to play World of Tanks.

This is incredibly dissappointing as I miss making people mad with that dumb beautiful thing. :rip:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Oh poo poo just hit my 2k battle mark.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Any advice for the T-28 HTC mission for MT-15 with honors?

Edit: That's kill 3 TDs and...I don't remember. Live and win and a minimum amount of XP?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 28, 2017

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Hellsau posted:

I really liked the 3002M, I hated the Panther and Panther 2, and the E50 is fantastic but had a horrible stock grind. Now the E50's stock grind appears to be perfectly reasonable with the long 88 after the DPM buff and being unlockable on the Panther 2, the Panther gets actual good damage output, and the Panther 2 is probably going to suck still unless the long 88 turns out to be good on it. The Panther 2 had major module damage issues while being unexceptional and mostly just worse than the FCM for me - I don't know if a comically large gun will make it enjoyable enough for me to farm a T95E2.

What's all this then?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mr.48 posted:

What's all this then?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/general/recruitment/

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wonder if its worth it to multibox artillery to get that referral crap done...

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Now that I think about it, that sounds miserable.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Now hellsau, theoretically speaking, what would constitute the best dual boxed arty setup? Going from tier 2 all the way to tier 10. American line x2?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Now hellsau, theoretically speaking, what would constitute the best dual boxed arty setup? Going from tier 2 all the way to tier 10. American line x2?

You'll want to do one arti bot on one box, and one medium tank on another (presumably the E 50 line) and program the bot to focus on tanks in its platoonmates' vicinity so that you're not sharing XP with pubbies. Doing two arti at once would take forever to get enough experience to get to tier 10. Artillery repair costs are also exorbitant so whenever your team just folds and you lose 30k credits on both accounts it's going to feel real bad.

Note that Wargaming does not appreciate more than one login from a specific IP and will ban you readily for doing it, but just say it's you and Atomizer's brother playing on two different computers and you'll be fine if you're not doing anything too suspicious. Atomizer's brother really gets around, he just loves making new referral accounts.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So.. these leaked notes. Is this balance 2.0, or some interim thing? I thought I had seen some video somewhat recently where they were just getting to like tier 7s or 6s in sandbox.

Meanwhile, AW is about to release their 2.0 next month that includes the death of spgs (direct fire only).

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

So.. these leaked notes. Is this balance 2.0, or some interim thing? I thought I had seen some video somewhat recently where they were just getting to like tier 7s or 6s in sandbox.

Meanwhile, AW is about to release their 2.0 next month that includes the death of spgs (direct fire only).

it's just a new patch. it has some balance tweaks.

i'm sure AW 2.0 will be a smashing success.

quote:

(direct fire only)

lol just remove the loving things then

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

balance 2.0 will never happen this is just the latest in a long line of overbuffs to german tanks because wargaming has a pro-german bias

Also has the Sandbox even gotten to tier 8 yet? It was tier 10 only last time I tried to help with that, and then they just left the Sandbox to rot for a month and didn't bother pushing any new changes so everyone got bored and the Sandbox queue died.

e: welp I got grandfathered into the second Sandbox iteration, trip report tonight or tomorrow.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 28, 2017

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

balance 2.0 will never happen this is just the latest in a long line of overbuffs to german tanks because wargaming has a pro-german bias

Also has the Sandbox even gotten to tier 8 yet? It was tier 10 only last time I tried to help with that, and then they just left the Sandbox to rot for a month and didn't bother pushing any new changes so everyone got bored and the Sandbox queue died.

e: welp I got grandfathered into the second Sandbox iteration, trip report tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I guess I was mistaken. I just found that video. Still futzing with t10s it seems. Arty mechanic changes and pen/damage changes. T10 only of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Ve2xl0jZE

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Make sure you play an arty on the sandbox. Even the 261 has difficulty hitting targets because of the dispersion changes. It is an exercise in frustration.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Make sure you play an arty on the sandbox. Even the 261 has difficulty hitting targets because of the dispersion changes. It is an exercise in frustration.

Oh don't worry I played arti on the first Sandbox. I managed to direct hit someone with the T92 for 300 damage.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hellsau posted:

You'll want to do one arti bot on one box, and one medium tank on another (presumably the E 50 line) and program the bot to focus on tanks in its platoonmates' vicinity so that you're not sharing XP with pubbies. Doing two arti at once would take forever to get enough experience to get to tier 10. Artillery repair costs are also exorbitant so whenever your team just folds and you lose 30k credits on both accounts it's going to feel real bad.

Note that Wargaming does not appreciate more than one login from a specific IP and will ban you readily for doing it, but just say it's you and Atomizer's brother playing on two different computers and you'll be fine if you're not doing anything too suspicious. Atomizer's brother really gets around, he just loves making new referral accounts.

No botting here, just gonna use a bit of isboxer to do a 2 arty gimmick. Talked it over on discord and we decided that USA is the way to go.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Read their EULA and what I have in mind isn't forbidden. And if it isn't forbidden, it is compulsory.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Also, Role-playing is not an excuse for contravening the Game Rules.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Oh don't worry I played arti on the first Sandbox. I managed to direct hit someone with the T92 for 300 damage.

Yeah, but at least you hit them.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Isn't the tank trash though?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Man, I always miss getting the Tetrarch.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Colonial Air Force posted:

Man, I always miss getting the Tetrarch.

You should, the Tetrarch is great.

It's also one of exactly two tanks I've played that has managed to get the crew knocked out without the tank itsself losing all it's HP, so take that for what it's worth.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'd rather drive my bt-sv.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

A good day for shitbox Jpanther drivers.

Looking at your stats I can't work out how you didn't get a Mastery in it today considering your base XP can't be any lower than mine.

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 29, 2017