Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

lite_sleepr posted:

With the advent of a new meme, the FedEx guy, it got me to realize something: I don't think I'd really care of I saw idiots burning or stomping on a US flag. It would make me think less of them, but I wouldn't charge in there and tackle them or deploy a fire extinguisher. What about you other dads?

it's the idiot's flag too, you know. Better than the idiot turning an 18-wheeler into a bystander destroyer....usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I got a PS4 pro on Friday and am selling my old PS4. I'm selling it on letgo with like 3 games I never play any more for $200. I think it's a fair deal and I, poo poo you not, have had 3 different people offer me $20 and a Galaxy S5 like what the frick am I going to do with a (probably stolen) cell phone from 3 years ago :psyduck:

**no trades**

"Yo you take trades bro? Trade for tattoo?"

You can try the app OfferUp, just to give you more options. Still gonna get hit up for trades tho

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Have you seen the cyanide and happiness video your avatar is from? It's one of my faves.

Mr. Mambold posted:

it's the idiot's flag too, you know. Better than the idiot turning an 18-wheeler into a bystander destroyer....usually.

Yea, I would tend to agree flag burning is preferable to mass murder.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

**no trades**

"Yo you take trades bro? Trade for tattoo?"

You can try the app OfferUp, just to give you more options. Still gonna get hit up for trades tho

I wound up selling it to some high school kid who had been saving from a part time job. Met him and his mom at the Walmart parking lot. Super friendly.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Stuff like that, I'd probably cut a better deal. Let the kid keep $20 to spend at gamestop or something.

Well, if it was a poorer kid rolling up with mom in a beat up minivan. If it was a richer kid whose parents were trying to teach him a lesson, full price.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am spending most of the day putting coats on my new cast iron kitchen crap and still debating on buying pork butt.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kid got my copies of Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare for free. He was a happy camper.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Kid got my copies of Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare for free. He was a happy camper.

Glad you didn't get robbed

We always tell people to do this kinda stuff in the parking lot of our office, there's a specific spot that's on camera and there's always people in the building.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy I was checking out facebook's new buy/sell stuff feature. Get a load of this:

That's not even the only one, so many loving trashed out methheads in Washington trying to sell junkrob and kill you when you meet up with them to buy an "Apple Watch".

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Portland's Craiglist section is pretty awesome as well.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I think I nailed the red beans and rice this time. Though I think I'm going to stick to plain white rice instead of brown, remove the carrots, and get some fukken hot sauce!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

I think I nailed the red beans and rice this time. Though I think I'm going to stick to plain white rice instead of brown, remove the carrots, and get some fukken hot sauce!

My red beans and rice starts with the holy trinity, put in the red beans, add some home-blended chili powder, toss in some sausage, stir with white rice and then add hot sauce to taste.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 30, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I loving despise the lighting in my apartment so I'm going turbonerd and getting a Hue setup and an Echo.

It's me, the rear end in a top hat with more disposable income than sense.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Watching Hacksaw Ridge and goddamn :catstare:

Dude with a BAR grabs a corpse and uses it as a shield to advance forward into fire.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Spent the last couple hours cleaning out my inbox. Had like 15k unread emails and 20k read.

Currently sitting at 0 unread and 3.2k read emails, feels like progress!!!!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

My red beans and rice starts with the holy trinity, put in the red beans, add some home-blended chili powder, toss in some sausage, stir with white rice and then add hot sauce to taste.

I make the rice separately.

I get the beans in water in the cooker, on high, for something like 10 hours. To that I add a handful of spices like marjoram, bay leaves, pepper, and a block of chicken flavor. I don't add the sausage until about 2 hours before it's done. I've found that putting the sauasge in with the beans causes them to burst and split.

I want to try your way this week. Gonna buy some Julio's special homemade spice. poo poo is full of MSG so it must be delicious.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just heat this poo poo up in a pot, you'll never get much better than blue runner :kiddo:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The end of this movie is campy as gently caress

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

The end of this movie is campy as gently caress

Maybe it's because I'm secretly anti American but I really didn't enjoy hacksaw ridge. Like 2.5 erect penises out of 5 in my opinion.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MurderBot posted:

Maybe it's because I'm secretly anti American but I really didn't enjoy hacksaw ridge. Like 2.5 erect penises out of 5 in my opinion.

I went from meh to alright there's promise to :flaccid:

eta: I only kept watching because I was high as balls and wanted to see how it turned out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MurderBot posted:

It was formulaic and shallow as poo poo. Watch Major Payne instead imo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

Watch Major Payne instead imo.

I haven't seen hacksaw ridge and don't intend to, but this. Always watch Major Payne.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Buca di Bepis posted:

It was formulaic and shallow as poo poo. Watch Major Payne instead imo.

Shallow! That's the descriptor I was looking for to describe it. It was all rah rah rah God!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've probably already said this here a long time ago, but one of my drill sergeants was a dead ringer for Major Payne. The way he talked, the way he walked, everything. He was a cool dude.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Just heat this poo poo up in a pot, you'll never get much better than blue runner :kiddo:

Well that stuff is probably amazing, there is probably enough salt in it to brine a 1000 gallon fish tank filled with sharks.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I potted a chocolate mint, grapefruit mint, strawberry mint, two lavenders, two rosemarys, and 3x propagated my 5' tall pothos today. Indoor gardening is great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Best representation of the army in film, has been and will always be, In The Army Now with Pauley Shore and Andy Dick.

Go ahead and lie to me and say it isn't, and I'll back that claim with Sgt Bilko as a runner-up.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Bitches have forgotten about Stripes.
And the 100% accurate recruiting scene.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Best representation of the army in film, has been and will always be, In The Army Now with Pauley Shore and Andy Dick.

Go ahead and lie to me and say it isn't, and I'll back that claim with Sgt Bilko as a runner-up.

one of my drill sgts is in the chow hall scene

he said pauley shore was super nice irl

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pauley Shore is awesome in his own way. He pretty much grew up in a comedy club slinging beers and cooking and then made bad decisions in film that involved a Baldwin and it was over.

I ruled Stripes out of realistic when Sgt Hulka tagged along past boot. But you can also rule it out for the graduation scene.

In The Army Now nailed the army experience. Desert war, a useless enough unit to be forgotten about when it was lost, qualified levels of intelligence in the actors portraying the military servicemembers, a goddamn kumbaya moment with the whole scorpion on dude's back. The least believable thing about the movie is the interaction with special forces dude at the end and I'm sure way more unlikely things have come about in real life in the army.

Sgt Bilko gets a nod more for representing the shady side of the army, aka, logistics. Aside from the hover tank bullshit, it could read similar to real life. Also because I knew at least one of each personality in that movie while I was in.

Stripes is great, and littered with nuggets of truth, but isn't as accurate as I'd have preferred. Because it would have been nice to smoke in boot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sgt bilko was so good

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

smh y'all have some bad movie taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fprn-UIKUVA

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I got the movie Stripes for christmas the year before I shipped out to OSUT at Ft. Knox.

Awesome movie, and Bill Murray is also awesome, regardless of the differences between reality military and made up military

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Zeris posted:

I potted a chocolate mint, grapefruit mint, strawberry mint, two lavenders, two rosemarys, and 3x propagated my 5' tall pothos today. Indoor gardening is great.

bros before pothos

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It's worth pointing out that Stripes was originally written as a Cheech and Chong film.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I've always felt like Generation Kill was the most accurate military thing I've ever seen. The driver guy who was always hopped up on ripits was like 1/2 the people I met in the military. Only one Rudy-a-like, but a billion of that guy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TheQuietWilds posted:

I've always felt like Generation Kill was the most accurate military thing I've ever seen. The driver guy who was always hopped up on ripits was like 1/2 the people I met in the military. Only one Rudy-a-like, but a billion of that guy.

Yeah this. Folks have asked me what it was like being in the military and I tell them to watch Generation Kill, it is spot on.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
loving gently caress, the Piston Rings for my engine are NLA, I hope some rings from an earlier model engine with the same bore will fit.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

TheQuietWilds posted:

He wasn't hosed up on rip-its, it was ripped fuel. Basically Ephedra. It's a lower key amphetamine that used to be marketed for weight loss, until guys in their 20s starting having heart attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

loving gently caress, the Piston Rings for my engine are NLA, I hope some rings from an earlier model engine with the same bore will fit.

What engine?

• Locked thread