Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't wait for my boss to tell me all of these facts about this mosque shooting that the media is covering up at our weekly meeting on Wednesday.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

MeLKoR posted:

Alexandre Bissonnette: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

They gonna Breivik this dude, big time!

22 posted on 1/31/2017, 12:34:52 AM by pluvmantelo (Boomer Presidents:The Grifter, The Midget & The Traitor. Hoping Trump is The Boss)
:ohdear:
Put him up in a nice condo with a PlayStation?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

jojoinnit posted:

Put him up in a nice condo with a PlayStation?

But only a Playstation 2. The monsters.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

myron cope posted:

I can't wait for my boss to tell me all of these facts about this mosque shooting that the media is covering up at our weekly meeting on Wednesday.

:smith:
I've left meetings for far less.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Yup, so looks like Reddit trolls deliberately spread fake news that the attackers were Syrian refugees, which is assuredly now gospel in some quarters.

quote:

Adding to the disorder were hoaxes, including a viral tweet from a fake Reuters news account that named two “white supremacists” as the attackers, and another hoax, started at Donald Trump forums on Reddit, that claimed the gunmen were recent refugees from Syria.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

stillvisions posted:

It's always funny how freepers and worse keep talking tough about all the things they want to do to Muslims/Black people/etc., but as soon as someone actually does it, they all retreat and claim that person who did the thing they all wanted to do wasn't one of them or was framed. It'd be straight up despicable for them to respond by celebrating the shooter, but at least it'd be consistent.

Oh yes. They sure scrubbed their hands clean when that right wing nut shot ABORTION doctor Tiller in church. "We never said to do it" "We never said anything that mean" "We can't be held accountable". All he did was do what Fox and the right wing nutters had been shouting about doing for years while painting Tiller as some baby eating ghoul.

And uhg. Not only are some of my coworkers Trump supporters, so they tried to defend all the nasty poo poo this administration's done over the last week with "But Obama...". Number one just because Obama does it doesn't mean I think it was right, and two your guy is the one that ran on ending Obama corruption, so now if he's doing the same thing, he's not doing what you wanted.
But yeah, I found out a few are conspiracy loons too. Both Pearl Harbor and 9/11 were setups to get us to go to war...uhg I hate modern America

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 31, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/dougbrown8/status/826174860267184128

how long until this hits freep and they freak the gently caress out about their rights?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Don't worry old America wasn't any better socket

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/dougbrown8/status/826174860267184128

how long until this hits freep and they freak the gently caress out about their rights?

Going to see a 180 degree about-face on racial profiling.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zebulon posted:

But only a Playstation 2. The monsters.

The only game he got was FFX-2.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Mustached Demon posted:

I bought X-2 years ago because I kind of wanted them to resolve Tidus' story. I've now tried to play a half dozen times, most recently when they did the PC port of X and X-2, and each time I find that I just can't force myself to care enough to get past the title screen. X is the only FF I actually like, and gently caress all of this real time combat bullshit.

From Acting Attorney General Orders Justice Dept. Not to Defend Refugee Ban posted by freeper Alter Kaker

If you don't know how this one turns out already, expect Trump to do exactly what you think he's going to do.

So, Sally Q. Yates was retained at the DoJ to be acting Attorney General until Trump's choice can be signed in. She's an Obama appointee. Earlier today, she sent out a release stating that she has ordered the DoJ to not defend Trump's immigration EO. Here's CNN quoting her statement, which I'm having a hard time finding a full copy of because of the clusterfuck.

CNN posted:

"My responsibility is to ensure that the position of the Department of Justice is not only legally defensible, but is informed by our best view of what the law is after consideration of all the facts," she said in a letter. "In addition, I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution's solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right."

Freep is hella predictable here. Of the first 16 posts, 13 are "fire her."

quote:

To: Alter Kaker

Mr. Trump is late to the party on the DoJ.

In addition to firing this Rat party hack who ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT BE IN POWER, he needs to fire ALL United States Attornies and replace them with people who plan to do their job, not just what the DNC wants them to do.

16 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:51:35 PM by Regulator

quote:

This is the result of Obama turning the Department of Justice into the Department of Social Justice.

24 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:53:20 PM by rightwingintelligentsia (Democrats: The perfect party for the helpless and stupid, and those who would rule over them.)
:rolleyes: isn't enough for this. I need something better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA
Ah, much better.

Lot of this as well.

quote:

I'm attorney Sally Q. Yates.

Have you been traumatized by an employer who refuses to build a transgendered bathroom in your office? Call me at 800-I'M DEEPLY HURT and I can get you cash....

30 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:57:33 PM by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

Freep opinions: nobody has taken abuse like Trump has

quote:

The disrespect President Trump is enduring is so hard for me to take. I know we’re winning, I guess, but is it going to be like this every day for 4-8 years? So disheartening.

The pundits always say he has thin skin because reacts. I think it’s the opposite. No one, in my opinion has taken the abuse he has.

33 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:58:39 PM by americas.best.days... ( I think we can now say that they are behind us.)

Well, at least some of them are paying attention.

quote:

Insubordination. Grounds for immediate dismissal. But if they fire her before Sessions is confirmed, do they have an alternative available that will subordinate?

Why the hell is McConnell letting these confirmations drag on? And why did the Republicans take a 2 day retreat in Philly last week when there are more urgent matters that require them to be in session?

I couldn’t help but notice after Trump spoke to retreaters last week how shaken McConnell and Cornyn looked as Trump shook their hands after he talked.

At some point, Trump will need to turn the screws on the republicans in congress. It will be interesting to see how he does it, or even if he can do it. I’m thinking he’s surrounded by political assassins.

35 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:00:55 PM by be-baw (still seeking)

Whoops, nope, no attention being paid here. Also, :catstare:

quote:

I wasn’t aware that Lynch had resigned/left already. When did that happen? Did she jump in the river? Or perhaps something more fatal/final???

46 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:03:38 PM by Thank You Rush

Daily calls for CW2 continue.

quote:

To: Rome2000

This is like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

It's a country falling (or being pushed) into civil war, I think.

55 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:06:07 PM by madprof98

For the record, "Obama's list" was used to warn Americans going to those countries, not anyone coming from those countries.

quote:

To: rovenstinez

So the Obama-ites have chosen not to defend a policy that was based on essentially the Obama list of these same seven nations....

57 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:06:42 PM by Chauncey Gardiner

Dissent? Shouted down.

quote:

quote:

To: americas.best.days...

In my opinion, I do think Trumps team mishandled this whole thing. They didn’t include current Visa holders and Green card holders and did’t communicate first with DHS and others of the EO ahead of time of the impact of the EO which didn’t at first include these folks who were in mid air travelling. This is the mess we find ourselves in now.

59 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:07:21 PM by Engedi

Green cards and Visas are as easily forged as Drivers Licenses, Social Security Cards, and Voter Registrations. VET THEM ALL!!!

Our immigration system has been so thoroughly abused over the past decade that it needs to be completely scrapped and rebuilt. Although it worked fine before Johnson "reformed" it.

133 posted on 01/30/2017 5:18:22 PM PST by Conservative_Rob

Another reply,

quote:

To: Engedi

You are WRONG. Obama freely handed out visas and green cards on his way our the door that needed stopped and fully vetted and rescinded if need be.

Which is exactly what the Trump is trying to do and the demturds are going nuts that everything Obama did in 8 years is getting stopped and overturned.

156 posted on 01/30/2017 5:54:14 PM PST by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - VOTE TRUMP!!!)

How can they hold such long grudges and yet have such short memories?

quote:

President Trump should demand McConnell to order the Senate back in session and take immediate vote on Senator Sessions as Attorney General. We cannot have people spitting in President Trump’s face like this.

61 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:08:19 PM by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn' Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)

I love hating freeper Rome2000. They're totally over the top while also seeming completely genuine in how much of a fuckhead they are.

quote:

To: madprof98

The communists in FEDGOV need to FEAR what the right will do if they pull stunts like this.

The communists in FEDGOV right now have ZERO fear.

Pussyfooting around with these degenerate animals isn’t going to get the job done.

Heads need to roll.

The communists will destroy Trump if he does not go all Pinochet on them.

Guaranteed.

71 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:12:39 PM by Rome2000 (SMASH THE CPUSA-SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS-CLOSE ALL MOSQUES)

Oh, also, Obama released a statement today about how he appreciated people expressing themselves or some other wishy washy carefully worded thing that almost-but-not-quite calls Trump out on the bullshit.

quote:

To: butlerweave

Considering that Zero popped up out of his hole to, yes, as usual, instigate violence and rioting without knowing all the facts, I’d say she took her cue from him.

102 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:37:20 PM by blueplum ("...this moment is your moment: it belongs to you." President Donald J. Trump, Jan 20, 2017)

Freep got panicky real fast.

quote:

To: All

Is a coup underway? Seriously, Obama comes back today and encourages protests, we see Dems everywhere chiming in, McConnell and Republicans stand silent, now the acting AG, and Obama political operative, stabs President Trump in the back. Who will Republicans and Americans stand with?

My vote and support stand with President Trump.

106 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:41:01 PM by Reno89519 (Drain the Swamp is not party specific. Lyn' Ted is still a liar, Good riddance to him.)

Really, really panicky.

quote:

To: Rome2000

The communists will destroy Trump if he does not go all Pinochet on them.

It’s beginning to look like there is a massive conspiracy of ‘rats and rinos in Congress, working in coordination with the news media, Communists, Muslims, and other organizations of Marxists in the country, such as the ACLU, the SPLC, NAACP, BLM, etc. to destroy the Trump Presidency.

121 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:50:04 PM by fortes fortuna juvat (God, Guns, and Trump will save the USA)

The thread goes on for a while longer, but then this happens.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/826229971584708608
"The Democrats are delaying my cabinet picks for purely political reasons. They have nothing going but to obstruct. Now have an Obama A.G." - Trump on Twitter, January 30 at 4:45 PM Pacific.

And then this happens, with emphasis added.

quote:

Statement on the Appointment of Dana Boente as Acting Attorney General

The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States. This order was approved as to form and legality by the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel.

Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration.

It is time to get serious about protecting our country. Calling for tougher vetting for individuals travelling from seven dangerous places is not extreme. It is reasonable and necessary to protect our country.

Tonight, President Trump relieved Ms. Yates of her duties and subsequently named Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as Acting Attorney General until Senator Jeff Sessions is finally confirmed by the Senate, where he is being wrongly held up by Democrat senators for strictly political reasons.

From BREAKING: POTUS has named Dana Boente, US Attorney ... as Acting Attorney General. posted by freeper Enchante

Freep's reaction is, of course, just the word "good" over and over for pages upon pages.

quote:

To: Enchante

That’s MY PRESIDENT!!!! You’re fired! I love it! We don’t need feminist political activists in the Department of Justice.

22 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:25:19 PM by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

quote:

To: Castigar

No, she knew she would be fired. She just wanted to make a political statement to make Trump look bad.

But, President Trump shows strength and his popularity goes higher. Go Trump!!!

56 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:30:27 PM by Keen-Minded

Let's not play the Kit Cat game!

quote:

To: Windflier

EVERYONE NEEDS to get on TURTLES rear end and get these appointments voted on NOW!!! These BASTARDS BETTER GET TO WORK!!!!! Trump IS NOT going to take this nonsense and there WILL BE CONSEQUENCES!!!

67 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:32:12 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

I hate happy freep.

quote:

YOU’RE FIRED!!!!! YES!

DJT gave Yates a chance and Yates flunked miserably.
Never before has anyone so f**ked up so fast... ha !!!!!

ESPECIALLY dumb, too, given that DJT got famous saying “YOU’RE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

ha ha ha HA!

76 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:33:14 PM by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

They don't know what "trolled" means.

quote:

To: JustaCowgirl

And by picking Boente is pure GENIUS because he already said he will enforce the law AND he’s an Obama appointee so what is the left gonna say..they can’t say ANYTHING because Trump just TROLLED them LOL

164 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:46:46 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

To: Panhandle.deporable

My gut tells me these commies are fully prepared to take it to open warfare and will settle for nothing less than their full victory.

I believe they WANT civil war. I feel so sorry for President Trump. He loves his country and knows how to fix it. He just wanted to fix and restore it. I’m not sure he counted on full-on marxist domestic enemies bent on destroying our nation from within.

IMO this nation is headed for real civil war. God help us all.

179 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:54:36 PM by Right-wing Librarian

quote:

as a lawyer who refused to follow a law, she should be disbarred.

Go for the scorched earth on these Bolsheviks!

200 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:03:48 PM by llevrok (je sui cou rouge !)

Yup, CW2.

quote:

To: Right-wing Librarian

You may be right. Things seem to reaching a boiling point. I have a dog in this fight too. I’m still young enough to do my part in preserving the America I took an oath to defend against enemies foreign and domestic. My childrens future depends upon the millions of patriots doing the same thing. There are a ton of keyboard warriors on Fakebook etc. I don’t think this will be a key stroke fight this time though.

227 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:17:07 PM by TermLimitsforAll (Term Limits and Walls, that's a start)

quote:

quote:

To: eyedigress

Trump doesn’t play.

Indeed he doesn't, but the Dems knew that, and decided to try him anyway. Must hurt like hell to sit down with your rear end in your hands.

255 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:44:31 PM by Windflier (Pitchforks and torches ripen on the vine. Left too long, they become black rifles.)

He’s gonna bleed Soros out of his money @ 15 bucks an hour.

If they threaten my life in town I will bleed them out at 150cc’s a minute.

258 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:49:31 PM by eyedigress ((Old storm chaser from the west))

quote:

Basically this is probably all part of the Dims strategy to foster civil disobedience, unrest, chaos, and revolution. Pathetic. It makes THEM look bad. Trump is the one who looks the an adult and the man in charge. They have absolutely no power and are a bawling, sobbing, kicking and screaming mess.

What is happening now with the Dems, the hysterics...this is a party in shock. Nothing they do makes a lick of sense.

259 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:49:37 PM by longsufferingjetsfan

So yeah, anyway there's this huge tradition of allowing as much independence within the AG as plausible and Trump doing this is kind of scary.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 31, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
A small snack, minus context.

quote:

To: Castigar

I loved season 1 of Supergirl. Melissa Benoist was, and still is terrific as Supergirl. But Season 2 has been turned into liberal propaganda.

First of all they got rid of Calista Flockhart who was Great in her role.

Then, who knew that Supergirl’s sister was a lesbian? I thought, well...one episode I can put up with...then two...then three...then four...and it became one of the central themes of a TRADITIONAL, OLD STYLE CLASSIC COMIC!

Then there was the Martian issue. There were the White Martians and the Green Martians. And guess who were the bad Martians...The WHITE MARTIANS. And the good Green Martin was played by...a black guy! Not TOOOOOO obvious! I have, after really holding on TOOOOOO long, given up on this piece of trash!

17 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:31:08 PM by Castigar

74 posts of this poo poo.

I hate freep.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

McGlockenshire posted:

A small snack, minus context.

74 posts of this poo poo.

I hate freep.

Weren't the White Martians always the bad guys? I'm sure that wasn't a commentary on race back in the '70s or '80s or whenever they were introduced.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

"The Democrats are delaying my cabinet picks for purely political reasons. They have nothing going but to obstruct. Now have an Obama A.G." - Trump on Twitter, January 30 at 4:45 PM Pacific.

How the gently caress is this possible, they control every level of government

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I can't force myself to wage through the 70 pages of backlog I have. Tell me, have any of them had regrets?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Juan Carlos III posted:

I can't force myself to wage through the 70 pages of backlog I have. Tell me, have any of them had regrets?

No explicitly Freepers, but... http://www.areyousorryyet.com/

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

SocketWrench posted:

How the gently caress is this possible, they control every level of government

The Democrats have deployed some tactics to delay votes, but most of them are too feckless to actually stand up to his appointments. It's starting to change because people are now yelling at the Democratic senators about, well, everything at this point.

If I'm remembering things right and it's not fake news, Trump didn't have his potential administration planned out like other presidents-elect have had upon taking office. He made most of his decisions days before or right after the inauguration and it takes time to go through the nomination process. Donald J. Trump thinks America is a boardroom where you name somebody and bing bing bong they're now in that position, and politics doesn't work like that.

Juan Carlos III posted:

I don't think there have actually been many Freeper regrets like you'll find on Twitter and elsewhere. Because Freepers are less likely to go outside of their comfort zones and know people from different backgrounds, like immigrants who might be affected by the travel ban.

They might feel something if the ACA gets repealed with no viable replacement or some other bullshit happens that makes the health insurance system completely collapse, but I know they will find some way to blame Obama for their mess.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mustached Demon posted:

This is getting increasingly off topic, but honestly everything I've heard says FFX-2 is a legit fun, good game with an interesting combat system.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Zebulon posted:

This is getting increasingly off topic, but honestly everything I've heard says FFX-2 is a legit fun, good game with an interesting combat system.

X-2's job and combat system is essentially Final Fantasy V's on steroids. Since V is the best Final Fantasy, this is an extremely good thing.

To get even vaguely on-topic, I can only imagine Freep would loving hate Final Fantasy for constantly giving stories of fighting tyrannical governments/religions that they probably agree with, while having extremely feminine male protagonists (which is largely an apocryphal description of FF dudes, but Freep would think they're all feminine gay men anyway). V they'd hate more than usual, though, since it's got one of those 'kinda reads as trans these days' constantly-crossdressing characters and just sorta lets her keep doing that. X on the other hand they'd probably like the first chunk of, until Jecht starts showing actual affection for Tidus instead of constantly making GBS threads on him.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 31, 2017

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Taking bets as to Freep's hypothetical consensus on the laughing scene?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Freep would loving hate Cloud, I bet. All the way.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Tias posted:

Freepers: I am entirely in favor of [..] heightened scrutiny of people named Mohammed

They also want heightened surveillance/detention of guys named Jesus

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

NachtSieger posted:

Freep would loving hate Cloud, I bet. All the way.

Once more cloud to butt comes through. Truly the best plug in !

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Once more cloud to butt comes through. Truly the best plug in !

Freep definitely hates butts, and spooning.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kevos Setzer posted:

The Democrats have deployed some tactics to delay votes, but most of them are too feckless to actually stand up to his appointments. It's starting to change because people are now yelling at the Democratic senators about, well, everything at this point.

If I'm remembering things right and it's not fake news, Trump didn't have his potential administration planned out like other presidents-elect have had upon taking office. He made most of his decisions days before or right after the inauguration and it takes time to go through the nomination process. Donald J. Trump thinks America is a boardroom where you name somebody and bing bing bong they're now in that position, and politics doesn't work like that.

I don't think there have actually been many Freeper regrets like you'll find on Twitter and elsewhere. Because Freepers are less likely to go outside of their comfort zones and know people from different backgrounds, like immigrants who might be affected by the travel ban.

They might feel something if the ACA gets repealed with no viable replacement or some other bullshit happens that makes the health insurance system completely collapse, but I know they will find some way to blame Obama for their mess.

While schadenfreude is a lovely feeling at times, that site really didn't get me feeling any better. What people ought to do is talk to those disenfranchised voters and get them to join the protest rather than to shame them for being stupid/gullible. We're all both of those at some point, and the only way to kick Trump out is via gaining the aid of those who propped him up instead of making them dig their heels in.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, this is loving awesome, half of it are people going from "Go Trump! Time to get rid of all the selfish leeches" to "Why u cut my mortgage benefits, this isn't why I voted for u :qq:".

Truly the only good government subsidy is my government subsidy.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

If they threaten my life in town I will bleed them out at 150cc’s a minute.

In town?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
2+ years of following the FReep thread and it never ceases to amaze me how strongly they hang on to the McCarthy-era Red Scare mentality where everyone who opposes them is a communist. They honestly don't even know what these terms mean, but it's the only way to distinguish themselves from the BAD GUYS.

You see it now when the Right just slings around terms like Snowflake and SJW as a blanket insult and a way to de-legitimize any opposition to their way of thinking. There is never any constructive dialogue, just compaction and insults.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

So, I'm at work and don't have the time (or willpower) to wade through it, but apparently the boy scouts are now admitting transgender people into their troops. Anything on Freep about that yet?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Inglonias posted:

So, I'm at work and don't have the time (or willpower) to wade through it, but apparently the boy scouts are now admitting transgender people into their troops. Anything on Freep about that yet?

They already hate the BSA for letting gay people in. Freep is a hate machine running at maximum capacity, if you're question is "do they hate it" and it's not Trump or a Trump-loyal, then yes, they do hate it.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

skaboomizzy posted:

They also want heightened surveillance/detention of guys named Jesus

Guys named Buddha still in the clear... for now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

robotsinmyhead posted:

2+ years of following the FReep thread and it never ceases to amaze me how strongly they hang on to the McCarthy-era Red Scare mentality where everyone who opposes them is a communist. They honestly don't even know what these terms mean, but it's the only way to distinguish themselves from the BAD GUYS.

You see it now when the Right just slings around terms like Snowflake and SJW as a blanket insult and a way to de-legitimize any opposition to their way of thinking. There is never any constructive dialogue, just compaction and insults.

A lot of them grew up during that poo poo and internalized it. It takes a lot to get that sort of stuff out of the brain especially when it gets you young.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Shugojin posted:

A lot of them grew up during that poo poo and internalized it. It takes a lot to get that sort of stuff out of the brain especially when it gets you young.

Yeah well I grew up in the late 80s on and still have pretty vivid memories of the Satanic Panic back then, which was the Red Scare of that particular era - with the Red Scare stuff STILL going on. Everything was the devil back then.

Still never kept me from playing DnD :rolldice:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Mustached Demon posted:

I would have had a beer with Dale Reed given the chance.

I was too busy to keep up with this thread as usual last year, when did good ol' Dalereed end up kicking the bucket?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Zero_Grade posted:

I was too busy to keep up with this thread as usual last year, when did good ol' Dalereed end up kicking the bucket?

dalereed died back on page 16.

Covok posted:

They already hate the BSA for letting gay people in. Freep is a hate machine running at maximum capacity, if you're question is "do they hate it" and it's not Trump or a Trump-loyal, then yes, they do hate it.

Even the things they like are driven by hate. Look at how many replies about things they're happy about are along the lines of "this'll make libtard heads explode!"

From Boy Scouts Will Allow Transgender Children Into Programs posted by freeper drewh

the article posted:

The organization's leadership had considered a recent case in Secaucus, New Jersey, where an 8-year-old transgender child had been asked to leave his Scout troop after parents and leaders found out he is transgender. But the statement issued Monday said the change was made because of the larger conversation about gender identity going on around the country.

"For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts of America, along with schools, youth sports and other youth organizations, have ultimately deferred to the information on an individual's birth certificate to determine eligibility for our single-gender programs," the statement said. "However, that approach is no longer sufficient as communities and state laws are interpreting gender identity differently, and these laws vary widely from state to state."
I'm glad that the BSA is being dragged into the modern era. Now if they'd just soften their stance on mandatory religious beliefs so my own kids could join...

I'm not inlining this image, and I'm certainly not polluting my imgur account with it. It's somehow worse than the URL implies.

quote:

To: Timmy

http://incogman.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/JEW-PEDOPHILE-BOY-SCOUT.jpg

5 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:38:18 PM by drewh ( >)

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

Unless the Boy Scouts have changed a lot since I was one, “she” is going to be in for a world of hurt.

10 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:41:06 PM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)

I think the amount of time necessary to help freepers understand how transgender people work is going to exceed the freeper natural lifetime.

quote:

To: drewh

The Boy Scouts of America says it will allow transgender children who identify as boys to enroll in its boys only programs.

Why discriminate against boys who identify as feminine tomboys? Only girls in pants and not boys in panties?

15 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:45:20 PM by a fool in paradise (The COM-Left is saddened by the death of the Communist dictator Fidel Castro. No surprise there.)

quote:

Might as well just drop the name “BOY” from scouts and call them socialist brownshirts.

That’s all they are anymore.

Standards? Creeds? Honor? That’s not important to them anymore.

Pity.

18 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:46:59 PM by Skywise

I could probably write an essay about this one.

quote:

These worthless organizations may cave, but I don’t you’re ever going to get people to truly think a man is a woman for no reason other than they “identify” as it.

23 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:59:39 PM by Trump20162020

Ahahahaha oh they're never going to let this go. How many will celebrate if he somehow gets voted down?

quote:

Put the blame where it belongs. Militant liberal Rex Tillerson was the one that opened the floodgates for the homosexual agenda.

26 posted on 1/30/2017, 5:01:52 PM by PAR35

:ssh: The Girls Scouts started allowing in transgender girls in 2011.

quote:

To: drewh; SkyPilot; StoneWall Brigade; Travis McGee; Diogenesis; Lera; 444Flyer

Boy Scouts Will Allow Transgender Children Into Programs

Part of "the Obama legacy". Confusion of all that is natural; it's what he does.

Next up: Boys identifying as "girls" in Girl Scouts. You can bank on it.

[obama laughing gif omitted]

33 posted on 1/30/2017, 5:12:21 PM by SaveFerris (Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for ... some have unwittingly entertained angels)

Every position they hold seems like it's built on top of conflict, where they must be the winners.

quote:

To: NorthMountain

This cave-in was done in record time. The homosexual issue dragged out for several years. The Boy Scouts surrendered so quickly on the transgender issue that they beat the French record in 1940.

38 posted on 1/30/2017, 5:46:43 PM by Wallace T.

quote:

What exactly is a transgender child?

Is that where parents medically experiment with their child’s gender?

42 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:16:12 PM by Crucial

quote:

To: drewh; GOPsterinMA; NFHale; stephenjohnbanker; fieldmarshaldj; BillyBoy; Clintonfatigued; ...

On the plus side, these confused girls will probably be safe from rape at the hands of the gay pedo scoutmasters they let in a few years ago.

Do the girl scouts allow boys yet?

48 posted on 1/31/2017, 1:38:25 AM by Impy (Toni Preckwinkle for Ambassador to the Sun)

quote:

soon, there will be no “boys” or “girls,” “men” or “women.” We’ll all be gender neutral, xe/ze will be the only pronoun, and maybe we’ll all be equal.

50 posted on 1/31/2017, 2:38:25 AM by ErikJohnsky

quote:

loving hell, freep.

quote:

To: GOPsterinMA

Boy Scouts Will Allow Transgender Children Into Programs

I’ve a question. We are seeing more and more of these “it’s” every day. Question;

Suppose we have one of these “it’s” that has committed a crime and the DNA evidence says that the suspect is a male. Now the description goes out but this suspect is actually a female. What does that do to DNA evidence?

63 posted on 1/31/2017, 7:05:14 AM by JayAr36 (ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION! It is a Theocracy determined to over throw America)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Too bad no one's around to edit that into the OP. :smith:

He didn't die, though. His hatred manifested elsewhere in the grand multiverse the mortal coil resides.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Snacks.

From a topic on an Australian born child of Iranian immigrants that can no longer come to the US to attend Space Camp,

quote:

To: tcrlaf

Meanwhile, thousands of kids are denied entry into the schools or jobs of their choice because their parents are white or Asian

Yeah, tell us about how “unfair” it all is. Cry us a F river

26 posted on 1/30/2017, 9:43:24 AM by A_Former_Democrat ("Liberalism is a mental disorder" On FULL Display NOW BOYCOTT Mexico NFL PepsiCO Kellogg's)

From a thread on a Trump rant by NCIS actress Pauley Perrette (Abby) including "You’re not God. You are a power-hungry flawed, narcissist human who does not feel like we are all human",

quote:

I find it hilarious that Leftist skanks that treated Obama like a God and fellated him for 8 years are freaking out over a man who is simply REVERSING THE PENDULUM and respecting the Constitution.

34 posted on 1/31/2017, 5:50:28 AM by Maverick68 (.)

From a thread about today's announcement that Trump is keeping the executive branch orders adding additional protections for LBGTQ folks in place,

quote:

To: Uncle Miltie

This was reported by the AP. But probably fake news as I vaguely recall something about candidate Trump wanting to overturn Obama executive orders.

17 posted on 1/31/2017, 8:30:47 AM by Controlling Legal Authority (Author of "Are You Ready to Adopt?")

quote:

To: Baldwin77

Must be in two Corinthians.

22 posted on 1/31/2017, 8:52:40 AM by momincombatboots (Pray for Sky, 20, two gunshots to abdomen, college student, hostess, easy prey n transformed US)

And we haven't had a good old fashioned wall of text in a while.

quote:

To: Controlling Legal Authority

It's disgusting how far and how fast our nation has fallen into depravity. Just a few short years ago I was helping prosecute homosexuals for the CRIME of sodomy. The Bible defines sodomy as male-on-male sex or female-on-female sex. Period. Over the years people pharisaically added other behaviors to the definition of sodomy that have nothing to do with the Biblical definition. It's not some accident that our nation conformed its laws to God's commands. Our Founders did so purposefully: “The propitious smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which heaven itself has ordained.” ―George Washington They therefore understood that in order to be smiled upon (blessed) by God, both individuals and nations must be obedient to God. It's therefore no accident that our nation's laws were conformed to God's commands. What God abhorred, the USA criminalized. And greatly blessed we were because of our collective obedience, becoming the richest and most prosperous nation the world has ever seen. But in the past few decades we're falling over ourselves to be disobedient to God, legalizing more and more of the behaviors God despises. And our blessings have been steadily evaporating, like wisps of smoke. You can track our collective disobedience and the consequent divine wrath through the years. Roe was decided in the early 70s, and by the early 80s were were $1 trillion in debt. Then followed the decisions on homosexuality and we're now at $20 trillion, with our prosperity laughable. We're broke, and I don't see how we'll ever dig our way out of it with our current attitudes toward depravity. America will never be great again, enjoying God's full prosperity blessings, until America is obedient again. I like pretty much everything Trump has done, but he'll ultimately fail to make America great again without opposing homosexuality. He's shown a willingness to fight abortion, why not homosexuality too? They only comprise 1-2% of the population, but their acceptance by the nation just keeps God's wrath falling on us.

24 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:24:10 AM by afsnco

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

Meanwhile, thousands of kids are denied entry into the schools or jobs of their choice because their parents are white or Asian

What was that one study in California where they interviewed white people about Affirmative Action and how it effects white students vs minority students, and the only conclusion they could come away with was that the respondents' only guiding principle on the best policy was "whatever is good for white kids"?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ And yet they never cry about thousands of kids that can't attend school without going into debt for the rest of their lives

McGlockenshire posted:

The Bible defines sodomy as male-on-male sex or female-on-female sex.

No, the bible defines it as lying with another man as ine would with a woman...and since a man does not have a vagina, then this is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From University student identified as shooter in deadly mosque attack posted by freeper TigerClaws

From zero to :psyboom: in 7 posts flat.

quote:

A theory making the rounds is that the two original suspects were homosexual lovers who had been banned from the mosque, and that the shooting spree can be attributed to rage about that decision. This would perhaps explain why one suspect was not actually considered a suspect by the police after they discovered this aspect; it would also be consistent with the otherwise odd sequence of events involving Bissonette.

I should underscore that this is a theory making the rounds and not confirmed by any authorities. I remain concerned that a high level of news management continues in Canada during which hotheads of various sorts could draw many different (and probably false) conclusions and engage in retaliatory actions against those that they blame for the attack as they conceive it to have happened. This news management is perhaps taking place because authorities are trying to imagine a good spin to put on the set of events which have divided not the population at large but the special interest coalition that supports the government.

7 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:34:38 PM by Peter ODonnell (Listen for my radio call-in program on channel A in your brain, yes caller ... I'm listening)

It can't be true because it wasn't the first thing said!

quote:

To: TigerClaws

If this story was about an islamaphobe shooting up the mosque, we’d have heard all about it by now. The truth doesn’t need time or delay....

Something stinks...

9 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:36:01 PM by Professional

I don't even

quote:

To: ColdOne

Jihadis are the ultimate white supremacists.

10 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:36:36 PM by Vigilanteman (ObaMao: Fake America, Fake Messiah, Fake Black man. How many fakes can you fit into one Zer0?)

This Morrocan thing was based on a twitter rumor that the RWM picked up an ran with. You know... fake news? There were like five threads on it.

quote:

Hmmmmm .... Obviously old news since Bissonnette is now considered only a witness in the incident while Mohamed Khadir from Morocco has been identified as the shooter.

18 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:43:10 PM by R_Kangel ( "A Nation of Sheep ..... Will Beget ..... a Nation Ruled by Wolves.")

quote:

Wouldn't it be amazing if he shot up a mosque because he was outraged at the way women are treated in Islam?

The universe would collapse on itself under the stress of the moral indignation from competing "victim groups."

28 posted on 1/30/2017, 12:55:38 PM by Alberta's Child ("Yo, bartender -- Jobu needs a refill!")

Uhhuh. Let's go ahead and cut right over to the second thread.

From Mosque shooting suspect in Canada known for far-right views posted by freeper aquila48

The suspect was known among his friends to make right wing, pro-Israel, anti-immigration, pro-Trump, anti-women posts on social media and elsewhere. This is remarkably similar to a whole bunch of other "lone wolf" shooter profiles.

Freep is in full denial, of course.

quote:

To: Lee Enfield

LOL at far right. Besides where are they getting that from just because on his Facebook page he’s listed one of his likes as Trump’s Facebook? So he’s far right? They’re using that to say he was far right? I know people here look through his Facebook page and they could find anything political on it.

4 posted on 1/30/2017, 10:19:55 PM by snarkytart

quote:

To: aquila48

He’s White. It must be terrorism!

Now views matter!

When the views were those of Islamic folks, their views didn’t matter. Why it was workplace violence.

Brown skin, not terrorism. Islamic perp, not terrorism.

This guy in Canada is the guy they have been praying for for years. Finally a White guy committed an act of terrorism. Never mind the count is 20 to 1. This is really really really really bad.

One has to look long and hard to see any condemnation at all of the Islamic folks who do this. Mustn’t jump to conclusions you know.

They were under a lot of pressure. Something triggered it. They were almost helpless to stop themselves. It was the fault of others.

Gag me.

7 posted on 1/30/2017, 10:22:29 PM by DoughtyOne (NeverTrump, a movement that was revealed to be a movement. Thank heaven we flushed!)

quote:

Ummm..there ain’t nothing further to the “right” than Islam...allies of Hitler during WW2, proponents (to this day) of his Final Solution...those stalwarts of women’s and gay rights...ummm and slave holders of black Africans to this day.

These are the people the Left chooses to champion.

8 posted on 1/30/2017, 10:26:42 PM by Scott from the Left Coast

Reality is no longer good enough for freep.

quote:

To: montag813

Al Qaeda has sought to recruit white agents of terror.

Did someone shout Allah FUBAR at the attack or not?

The shooter in that Norwegian attack wrote in his manifesto that he was willing to support Islamic terrorists by striking targets in the West.

I am skeptical of all media reports on everything having run the rest of their headlines (on other news items) through my bullsh** filter.

If they were more objective and accurate in the rest of their reporting I might pay attention at a time like this.

26 posted on 1/31/2017, 12:03:44 AM by a fool in paradise (The COM-Left is saddened by the death of the Communist dictator Fidel Castro. No surprise there.)

How much do you want to bet that the other threads on the shooting include countless posts calling for torture & death?

quote:

A relevant article, and thanks for posting. Some of the coverage of this case is disconcerting.

This Bissonnette is only a suspect. The evidence against him may be strong, but has not been tested in Court. So far, he has not yet entered a plea.

So I think it right to discuss the case, but I do think one must wait and not pronounce him guilty.

33 posted on 1/31/2017, 2:22:32 AM by BlackVeil ('The past is never dead. It's not even past.' William Faulkner)

Full on reality denial.

quote:

Extreme right? I don’t like labels. He was an Islamic Jihadist, and had no decency or respect for life. Chicago Tribune. FAKE NEWS alert.

35 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:15:36 AM by rovenstinez

quote:

Why is hatred and bigotry always identified as “far right”?

36 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:23:10 AM by DoodleDawg
... because groups making GBS threads all over people that aren't white Christian men tend to be right wing?

quote:

The fact is that there are likely many thousands of white guys across Canada who want to shoot Jew hating Muslims. But the government controlled Canadian press will never reveal that.

There is a Muslim demographic invasion of Canada happening, and Canadians want it to stop.

37 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:30:43 AM by Candor7 ( Obama fascism article:(hxxp://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/barack_obama_the_quintessentia_1.html)

Reality isn't real, unless it's the first thing some random person says. This is conspiracy grade thinking. It's the same mindset that creates things like Sandy Hook deniers.

quote:

It’s a false flag. The story has changed very far from what happened and it took them some time to come up with this.

Witnesses had guys running around yelling allahu akbar, now he’s a far right guy?

Trudeau needed sympathy for moslems and wants to go for guns. It’s a twofer.

38 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:47:36 AM by Bulwyf

BUT WHAT ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE!?!?!!

quote:

The Left TRIPLING DOWN on a losing strategy: The world has SEEN the cult of islam and NO AMOUNT of casting whitey as the bad guy is going to work at this point, but PLEASE keep trying....

39 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:56:37 AM by Maverick68

From the "didn't even read the article" category,

quote:

What happened to the other guy who was arrested, the Moroccan named Mohammed? What about the alleged shouts of Allahu Akbar during the attack?

45 posted on 1/31/2017, 7:51:26 AM by Steve_Seattle

And one more denier of reality.

quote:

How convenient. First it was three shooters. Then it was a moroccan and this guy. Now it is just this guy. Convenient turn of events. False news.

46 posted on 1/31/2017, 8:34:29 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?.)