Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

Pick posted:

That said, Grand Szechuan in Bloomington. You're welcome.

Is that one of those insane kinda-Chinese buffets where they also serve pizza? I miss those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pick posted:

you feel like a douchebag because you are a douchebag, hth

That seems unnecessarily harsh and dismissive- this is just someone being honest about their sexual preferences and being upset because their partner isn't at all good at a part of foreplay they really enjoy. You can talk about how much their partner doesn't need to cater to their whims, and how much they should appreciate the effort in the first place, but the person in question knows that and all the guilt-tripping in the world doesn't actually make the bad oral sex they're having good (or in this case photos). The actual solution is good communication between partners, but its obviously a potentially awkward and emotionally fraught area, so asking for advice on how to start that conversation/how other people have handled similar situations seems entirely reasonable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

artichoke posted:

Is that one of those insane kinda-Chinese buffets where they also serve pizza? I miss those.

No it's one of those hidden restaurants in a remote strip mall where actual Chinese people go to get food.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

My [22F] boyfriends [24M] best friend [23M] told him he shouldn't trust me for ridiculous reasons, because "bitches are cray"Relationships
submitted 2 hours ago by nosiefriend83

Cross posted. I understand this is my boyfriends friend, not mine, and I should let him handle it, but I am extremely hurt and offended by overhearing what he said and I want to confront him myself. I cannot seem to let it go.
I've been with my boyfriend for three years. For the past year and a half, it has been long distance. Not crazy distance, around 4 hours driving, and we still see each other one to two weekends a month. I'm graduating this May and we're getting an apartment together then.

One of his close friends has always rubbed me the wrong way. I could never put my finger on it, but he just seemed "off". I ignored it, because in every relationship you're bound not not like EVERY single one of their friends. He isn't crazy about one of my close friends, so whatever, I didn't think anything of it.

Last week, I was over my boyfriends apartment to see him once more before my semester started. I was in bed, starting to wake up but still half asleep, when I heard my boyfriend and his friend out in the kitchen. His friend had come over to get some stuff and they were just talking. The friend starts talking about me (not knowing I'm awake and can hear) and saying some very nasty things about me, and women in general. There were some small things, but this is what stands out as the most hurtful/rude-

-"Man dude idk why you gently caress around with this long distance poo poo. College girls just wanna gently caress around and not be tied down. What you think she do when ya'll are apart?! If you're both as horny as you say, there's no way she can last weeks at a time without gettin' some."

-"Bro I know you say she has an IUD an all but bitches be cray. Seriously. She could take that thing out and next thing you know you got a baby mama! Plus she could give you an STD if she hoes around while apart from you"
My boyfriend DID defend me. He tried to be nice at first and tell him to back off but after his comments got continuously degrading (the ones above) he told him to get the gently caress out of his apartment and don't come back unless he has an apology and an explanation.

It might be relevant to add that while yes, my boyfriend and I do both have VERY high sex drives, it doesn't drive either of us to cheat. Phone sex is a wonderful wonderful thing. For us, having to wait weeks to have sex makes it much better and exciting. Even if I was single, i wouldn't be the hookup type. I tried it a little my first semester while single, but it wasn't for me. I have nothing against it but I personally prefer an emotional intimate connection.
As for my IUD, I would NEVER do anything so sickening as to remove it secretly to get knocked up. I think those who tamper with condoms/birth control are the lowest of the low. Additionally, STD tests were done before ditching condoms, AKA THREE YEARS AGO! There's no concern for STD's here!

My boyfriend and I have talked about kids. I mean... we're about to move in together and are very serious about having a future together. We both want one, a boy hopefully, but not anytime soon. Not until after we've lived together and know for sure we're compatible, and until I have a more stable job. My major doesn't have a great starting salary, but has the potential to double or triple after 5 years experience.

Like I said, I was in bed half asleep when I heard all this, my boyfriend did not know I heard. I wanted to see if he would tell me on his own. He kinda did. When we sat down for breakfast he was very visibly annoyed, and when I asked why, he just said he had an argument with his friend. I then started crying and told him I overheard the whole thing. He said he initially didn't say because he didn't want to hurt me, which I understand. He hugged me and told me unless his friend has a serious apology he won't be speaking to him again.

I know I shouldn't care so much, but I'm seriously hurt that someone would accuse me of something so sick. As far as we know, this friend has NEVER been trapped into having a baby, never been cheated on, and never had a LDR. Of course, we could just not know, but I have no reason to believe he has a motive for this. Additionally, this friend did NOT know me prior to my boyfriend and I's relationship, so it's not like he had a shady past to base me off of.
I can't shake this off. It's taking everything in me not to drive to this kids house on the way up to see my boyfriend next and confront him. I've never been spoken about so disgustingly.

tl;dr: VERY hurt by comments made by my boyfriends friend and I don't know how to let them go.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

She should brush it off. Her boyfriend defended her and told his friend off.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

I know I shouldn't care so much, but I'm seriously hurt that someone would accuse me of something so sick. As far as we know, this friend has NEVER been trapped into having a baby, never been cheated on, and never had a LDR. Of course, we could just not know, but I have no reason to believe he has a motive for this. Additionally, this friend did NOT know me prior to my boyfriend and I's relationship, so it's not like he had a shady past to base me off of.
I can't shake this off. It's taking everything in me not to drive to this kids house on the way up to see my boyfriend next and confront him. I've never been spoken about so disgustingly.

it would be the most /r/relationships thing in the world if she drove to his house to tell him off and then cheated on her boyfriend with him

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Gaunab posted:

She should brush it off. Her boyfriend defended her and told his friend off.

Yeah I don't really get the problem here, boyfriend even is severing with the friend like she couldn't have asked for a better conclusion.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

His friend actually is in love with him so is trying to push him to stay away from women.

(not really serious, but it would be a funny conclusion to the story imo)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I don't really get the problem here, boyfriend even is severing with the friend like she couldn't have asked for a better conclusion.

she was lying in bed flashing :murder: in her mind and will accept nothing less

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
as someone with an IUD, just lol at the idea i could "sneak it out"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Odds of that dude being an incel seem high.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ArbitraryC posted:

Odds of that dude being an incel seem high.
Sounds like he's leveled up into MGTOW.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

most of r/relationships isn't actually looking for advice, they just wanted to tell a little story, and for once it's not 'my spouse acts upset when I put my cigarette out in their eye, they're so irrational"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

as someone with an IUD, just lol at the idea i could "sneak it out"

seriously, pretty much the second they see you with the wheelbarrow and digging tools you'll get droned

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

most of r/relationships isn't actually looking for advice, they just wanted to tell a little story, and for once it's not 'my spouse acts upset when I put my cigarette out in their eye, they're so irrational"

It's true. OPs post there for validation, the rest of us pick the OP's life apart.

Kinda surprised nobody's posted the 18 year old who's scared of his boner yet.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

seriously, pretty much the second they see you with the wheelbarrow and digging tools you'll get droned
Birth control has gotten weird

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

Birth control has gotten weird

Just think of it like a carbon offset credit

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

TheScott2K posted:

Kinda surprised nobody's posted the 18 year old who's scared of his boner yet.

Now you can't not post it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

My (18/M) body naturally reacted to a shoulder rub that one of my friends (18/F) gave me. I'm worried she saw it.

quote:

It was my friend Danny's birthday. I didn't really want to go because I was sore from hockey practice, but I figured it would be rude of me not to turn up. I went. I was sitting with my friend, Tasha, and I told her I got a little banged up at practice. She's really nurturing, so she had me sit in front of her and she proceeded to give me a shoulder rub. No one noticed. They were all spread out throughout the house, socializing.

I felt it happening. I was wearing fitted jeans so it was pretty visible. Tasha's a cool person, but I'm not attracted to her like that. My body just responded naturally I guess. Either way I felt guilty and really awkward so I grabbed a pillow and put it on my lap telling her I was fine and that she could stop. The second I got up, the pillow slipped from my hands and she got a full view. I wasn't "exposed" but her eyes got all wide, so I'm pretty sure she saw it.

I sped off before she could say or do anything.

Now I'm wondering if I should maybe apologize to her? What if she thinks I was using her for the massage or something? I wasn't. The second I felt myself get hard, I made her stop. I don't know what to do now. It's been two days, and we haven't talked since.

tl;dr She gave me a friendly shoulder rub. I ended up getting a boner. Pretty sure she noticed. I ran away like an idiot because I'm awkward. I feel really bad now. Should I apologize to her? I wasn't getting off on her touching me or anything. I just felt really relaxed. It happened out of nowhere.

Idiot kid thinks he violated her and that "she wouldn't appreciate that line of thinking" when replies a girl giving him a shoulder rub might consider touching his penis. OP then declares "asexual!" like that somehow makes him less pathetic.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

truly, a young woman would be mortified to give an athlete a boner

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheScott2K posted:

My (18/M) body naturally reacted to a shoulder rub that one of my friends (18/F) gave me. I'm worried she saw it.

Idiot kid thinks he violated her and that "she wouldn't appreciate that line of thinking" when replies a girl giving him a shoulder rub might consider touching his penis. OP then declares "asexual!" like that somehow makes him less pathetic.

dudes who are too awkward to explore their sexuality and write their anxiety off as asexuality make me really loving sad

if you got a boner from a shoulder rub from a girl you're not loving asexual you idiot, you just felt sexual attraction over a minor passing contact. you wouldn't have a libido if you were asexual, at least not one like that.

why does everyone have to add a layer of personal hardship to everything in their loving lives now?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

dudes who are too awkward to explore their sexuality and write their anxiety off as asexuality make me really loving sad

if you got a boner from a shoulder rub from a girl you're not loving asexual you idiot

why does everyone have to add a layer of personal hardship to everything in their loving lives now?

back in my day having your emerging sexuality molded by the internet just meant you wanted to get eaten by a Disney character, sexily

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

We're gonna end up like Japan with high schoolers like this.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"I'm terrified of touching a boob, that means I never want to have sex with anyone, right?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
guys just get boners. it doesn't necessarily mean anything. they just do. they just get 'em.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

if you're getting touched by someone and get a boner, guess what, you are not asexual

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

guys just get boners. it doesn't necessarily mean anything. they just do. they just get 'em.

Yeah but they're usually tied to something

"It just happened on it's own!" is the male equivalent of "No, I have never faked an orgasm"

you don't generally need to know how or why our boners coalesced into existence on a particular occasion and oftentimes it would only make a situation less good to introduce that information

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 1, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

guy sounds like a late bloomer but typically the root cause of boners in teenagers is 'you are a teenager'

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look, I was a teenager once too, and I distinctly recall boners happening for absolutely no loving reason.

I *promise* that I did not find Trigonometry erotic.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

He wasn't in trig class.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah if a girl touched me in any way at 16 I was def ready to go but other boner causes included being about to stand up in front of a crowd of people, needing to take a piss, church, being awake, being asleep. "Helplessly chained to an out-of-control erection" is the pubescent lot in life this guy's just had the opportunity to let Tumblr turn it into a lifelong identity for him.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 1, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It's literally a hormone thing, and a teenager's body is like a Geiger counter that never stops screaming.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'm in my mid twenties and I'll still get the occasional random boner. Unless I have subconscious fetish for driving and housework, they're random.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Look, I was a teenager once too, and I distinctly recall boners happening for absolutely no loving reason.

I *promise* that I did not find Trigonometry erotic.

Yeah but you probably found something going on in that trigonometry class erotic and just didn't realize it because you weren't fully aware of it

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

guy sounds like a late bloomer but typically the root cause of boners in teenagers is 'you are a teenager'

Yeah, but most teenagers are a pretty much endless font of sex hormones who can get turned on by a stiff breeze

Generally speaking, asexual teenagers don't have the problem of wanting to gently caress everything so their boner cup does not constantly floweth over

TheScott2K posted:

He wasn't in trig class.

^^^

Seriously, he had a girl the same age as him making skin to skin contact, that boner has a pretty identifiable cause

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This mans shameful wiener sexually harassed the poor young woman. In a way they are both victims.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

that boner has a pretty identifiable cause
#NotAllBoners

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mirthless please stop speculating about other forums posters' teenage hardons, tyvm

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Thanks to mirthless I now regret posting that story.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sorry Mirth. I like curves, not angles.

(But yeah, there were a couple of hot girls in the class)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheScott2K posted:

Thanks to mirthless I now regret posting