Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

That doesn't at all mean she deserves to be psychologically tortured over these mistakes for months. No one deserves that, what the boyfriend is doing is the relationship equivalent of cruel and unusual punishment.

I never said she deserves anything, I said the BF was acting like a lunatic :confused:

You posted "sins" in quotes like she was somehow an innocent in the situation, when it seems fairly clear that she's done a number of things that most people would dump her for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Yeah they should because it almost seems like he takes some perverse enjoyment over making her feel ashamed.

I don't see how it could be anything other than that. Dude is creepy as gently caress.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gerblyn posted:

I never said she deserves anything, I said the BF was acting like a lunatic :confused:

You posted "sins" in quotes like she was somehow an innocent in the situation, when it seems fairly clear that she's done a number of things that most people would dump her for.

She doesn't have to be 100% innocent for me to sympathize with her, considering how terrible the BF is being. Sorry for your lack of empathy?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

she's bad, he's much worse

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bubblyblubber posted:

That lede was burried so deep loving lava came out when I noticed it on a second read.

It's only lava if it comes out a volcano. :science:

Breakfast chat: 7 to 8 is really early and kind of a jerky thing to do since most nerds tend to be night owls. I live in silicon valley and the earliest you can get hot food at one major company is 8am. Cutting perks is basically cutting salary, because they probably factored into your decision of whether to join the company in the first place. Most people wouldn't be happy to be suddenly informed that they'll arbitrarily get $10 less a week.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Beachcomber posted:

It's only lava if it comes out a volcano. :science:

Breakfast chat: 7 to 8 is really early and kind of a jerky thing to do since most nerds tend to be night owls. I live in silicon valley and the earliest you can get hot food at one major company is 8am. Cutting perks is basically cutting salary, because they probably factored into your decision of whether to join the company in the first place. Most people wouldn't be happy to be suddenly informed that they'll arbitrarily get $10 less a week.

Esp. if you bust your rear end for the company all the time and are already feeling like you're not valued by your employer enough

It's amazing how much an irrelevant perk getting cut can hurt when you're under a lovely workload

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

She doesn't have to be 100% innocent for me to sympathize with her, considering how terrible the BF is being. Sorry for your lack of empathy?

I'm sorry, I thought calling the boyfriend a lunatic who was either straight out evil or destructively delusional would have been enough to make the point that I do, in fact, have sympathy with her situation, but I can see now that my post was a little too subtle for you.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

No, she cheated on previous partners.

she did cheat on him, though:

quote:

Let me just start of by saying I am a bad girlfriend. Please have no sympathy. In the past, I have slept with more than 10 people, cheated on my ex , called my current boyfriend and his family and friends a lot of bad names and even accidentally called him by my ex's name, I've also lied about who I had slept with to my boyfriend , been in contact with these people and I flirted with an older man while in a relationship with my bf to get money. I've done a lot of awful things and he has done a few. Perhaps.

Boyfriend is unhinged and being abusive but his girlfriend is a habitual liar who is incapable of monogamy. She never specifically states she's never cheated on her boyfriend (omission is not a denial, as we have learned from so many of these posts) and the information she offers is, at the very least, a history of emotional infidelity and untrustworthy behavior.

They should :sever: but I doubt this guy was always so crazy and controlling. Given her age, that's a hell of a history to fit into such a short period of time and at least some of it was probably occurring within the confines of her existing relationship.

edit: Just so we're clear tho

quote:

the boyfriend is a lunatic who is either straight out evil or destructively delusional

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
No..no I'm going to agree with the poster who said they shouldn't sever and should just be stuck making one another miserable instead of potentially inflicting their horrible personalities on others

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

she did cheat on him, though:

No, words mean things.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

No..no I'm going to agree with the poster who said they shouldn't sever and should just be stuck making one another miserable instead of potentially inflicting their horrible personalities on others

yeah this is probably a good point

they should probably also look into not having kids

so:

quote:

I flirted with an older man while in a relationship with my bf to get money

What do you guys think "flirting" counts as, to her? A friend of the family used to do this, and her definition of flirting was cooking dinner for him naked and then blowing him

edit:

WampaLord posted:

No, words mean things.

If making sexual advances on another man for monetary gain doesn't count as cheating to you, you're a very forgiving partner

or you're really naive about how sugar daddy relationships work

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 2, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Why do we need this dedicated effort to point out that the tortured person is bad too?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Why do we need this dedicated effort to point out that the tortured person is bad too?

Because we're looking at fish in an aquarium, and not dishing out advice to somebody in an abusive situation

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WampaLord posted:

this is watching jerry springer, so yeah p much

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
She is, by the way, entitled to not have told him anything about her sexual history and the fact alone that he's making her talk about it with him "as punishment" is unacceptable as it is. Just the thought process of an adult who is making another adult do something "as punishment" within the context of a relationship is hosed up. Break up with her or get over it. Talk about how you feel like you can't trust her, but what is buying his ticket going to do for him other than breed resentment. Even if he is paying all the bills every month, that's a thing he agrees to do, not something she's making him do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm going to break consensus and point out this is the kind of situation convents and monasteries exist for

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

WampaLord posted:

punished "venom" snake did some pretty questionable things, but I dunno if I'd say he's a bad guy

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mirthless posted:

What do you guys think "flirting" counts as, to her? A friend of the family used to do this, and her definition of flirting was cooking dinner for him naked and then blowing him

Dude your idea of flirting might be a bit skewed here...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

Dude your idea of flirting might be a bit skewed here...

Mirthless posted:

or you're really naive about how sugar daddy relationships work

A big part of how these arrangements operate is plausible (or implausible) deniability that they're doing sex work

You'd be surprised by what doesn't count as sex when you're getting paid for it and don't do sex work normally

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Eponine posted:

Even if he is paying all the bills every month, that's a thing he agrees to do, not something she's making him do.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't really have mentioned that, because it's not that relevant as far as the blame game goes. I only brought it up since (if it is indeed true) it might go some way to explain why he's treating her like a child/personal possession in his treatment of her, a sort of "I pay for all this, and you still treat me like crap, I'll show you!" kind of thing. I guess I did imply that this somehow justified his actions, which wasn't really my intention. Sorry!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Eponine posted:

She is, by the way, entitled to not have told him anything about her sexual history and the fact alone that he's making her talk about it with him "as punishment" is unacceptable as it is. Just the thought process of an adult who is making another adult do something "as punishment" within the context of a relationship is hosed up. Break up with her or get over it. Talk about how you feel like you can't trust her, but what is buying his ticket going to do for him other than breed resentment. Even if he is paying all the bills every month, that's a thing he agrees to do, not something she's making him do.

Agreed, to be sure. Even if it's accurate to say his trust issues are her fault (and it's probably not, at least not entirely) the way he acts is entirely on him and if he can't trust her at all anymore, to this degree, then he needs to end the relationship rather than be a crazy person obsessing about her past.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Zelder posted:

punished "venom" snake did some pretty questionable things, but I dunno if I'd say he's a bad guy

Yes and much like her, he admitted he was already a demon

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I [23 M] upset my GF[19F] of 3 months with how a text I sent shooting down a date from a coworker [25 F] who didn't know I was dating someone

quote:

So my girlfriend won't speak to me and I need advice to win her back.

My coworker and I had gone on a few dates before I entered into my current relationship but we were never together and honestly we never progressed beyond casual chit chat; we were essentially too awkward to even admit we were interested in each other. I left it at "We can go out again when I'm not so busy," and that was that for the past six months.

Enter my current girlfriend. We meet at school, we start talking, I help her through some emotional stuff, and then we start going out. We have fun together and we decide to make something serious and be exclusive. She knew about my coworker and I and that it was a non-starter but she (coworker) still texted occasionally to see if I was free. I never responded once I got into a relationship and left it at that, but my gf felt this was rude (true) and she deserved closure.
I asked her what to say and sought her advice on how to let my coworker down. In the end, we agreed I should say I am now in a relationship and I cannot go on dates anymore. We thought it would be nice to leave the possibility of being friends open, but I felt I would be uncomfortable being out alone with her again.

I sent the following text however, "Hi [coworker]. I wont be free for a few weeks, actually. But I think you should now I started seeing someone seriously recently so I may not be able to go out again soon." She apologized if she offended me, let me know she was open to being my friend, and wished us the best of luck together.

Since my gf and I had talked about it, I felt okay sharing the text conversation with her and letting her know I had given my coworker closure. I did it over FaceTime as we were already talking on it about our days. She slowly stopped responding or letting me see her face and then put her phone in her bag with me still on the line and walked back to her dorm. We stayed on the line together over 6 hours. She had me muted and initially black-screened. About an hour in, she showed her face and let me talk while she was still muted because I texted her that I wanted to talk about it. But she eventually turned the screen away from her face and gave no indication that she was really listening. I spent the rest of the time muted, with the screen facing a wall or a bookshelf. I would talk, but get no response.

I am new to relationships. I am sure I am in the wrong and told her so. But I would like to know what I can do here. If anyone has any insight into exactly what I did wrong I would appreciate that too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zelder posted:

My [52M] girlfriend [?F] won't speak to me, what did I do wrong?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I [23 M] upset my GF[19F] of 3 months with how a text I sent shooting down a date from a coworker [25 F] who didn't know I was dating someone

quote:

We stayed on the line together over 6 hours. She had me muted and initially black-screened. About an hour in, she showed her face and let me talk while she was still muted because I texted her that I wanted to talk about it. But she eventually turned the screen away from her face and gave no indication that she was really listening. I spent the rest of the time muted, with the screen facing a wall or a bookshelf. I would talk, but get no response.

:wtc:

:psyduck:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Mirthless posted:

A big part of how these arrangements operate is plausible (or implausible) deniability that they're doing sex work

You'd be surprised by what doesn't count as sex when you're getting paid for it and don't do sex work normally

I think you're making a jump to the sugar-daddy relationship thing, though a reasonable jump since "flirted with older men for money" is probably something along those lines. I was more making a joke around that being way beyond what any reasonable person would consider flirting.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

I think you're making a jump to the sugar-daddy relationship thing, though a reasonable jump since "flirted with older men for money" is probably something along those lines. I was more making a joke around that being way beyond what any reasonable person would consider flirting.

The way she described the relationship is the same way most people in sugar daddy relationships describe them. It's not a jump. It's not even a little hop.

quote:

"Hi [coworker]. I wont be free for a few weeks, actually. But I think you should now I started seeing someone seriously recently so I may not be able to go out again soon." She apologized if she offended me, let me know she was open to being my friend, and wished us the best of luck together.

this stupid rear end in a top hat, hahaha

i get what you were trying to do here but it really looks like you're saying "stick a pin in this, it might take a few weeks but as soon as i break up with this one i'll be good to go again"

Edit: Really though the moral of the story is "don't date teenagers" especially when you're already casually seeing somebody your own goddamn age

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 2, 2017

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Mirthless posted:

The way she described the relationship is the same way most people in sugar daddy relationships describe them. It's not a jump. It's not even a little hop.

this stupid rear end in a top hat, hahaha

i get what you were trying to do here but it really looks like you're saying "stick a pin in this, it might take a few weeks but as soon as i break up with this one i'll be good to go again"

Not knowing anyone with that kind of relationship I guess I'll just take your word on it, I read what she wrote as flirting with dudes to get drinks, but can see how it can be read differently.

Agreed on the coworker text guy, his gf sounds passive aggressive as all hell, but he sent the most "I'll call you when I'm single again (soon)" text you can send.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this is watching jerry springer, so yeah p much

we're missing the most critical element tho

My [24F] boyfriend [28M] threw a chair at me

quote:

You guys!

I can't believe it. My boyfriend Tristan went in a rage for some reason. Well, we actually had a fight over an incident that happened when he was out with the boys.

So, Tristan and I have been dating for 8 months, and I really love him a lot. We don't live together, but we spend a lot of time at each others places. This past evening, my boyfriend went to hang out with the boys, and apparently a lot of stuff went down. Later on that night, Tristan returned back home pretty drunk. Tristan doesn't drink or party a lot, but he definitely likes to unwind with the boys. So, I asked him how the night was, and he went into details.

Apparently they were all hanging out, drinking and watching TV. Some of the guys there were doing cocaine and smoking weed, which made me uncomfortable. I told him that I hope he didn't do any of that poo poo, and he said 'no'. But then, I find out that one of the guys hired a stripper to come over. I couldn't believe it! I started freaking out at Tristan on why there was a stripper at his friends house. He said that they were just having a boys night, and that it's a normal thing to do. Apparently, one of the friend masturbated on to the woman's chest, so they had to throw in extra cash. I can't believe they had a stripper!

Tristan told me to calm down. He said that this had nothing to do with him, other people were doing drugs and wanting/ordering the stripper. Still, my boyfriend was there. We needed up getting into a heated argument which resulted in Tristan throwing a chair at me, which missed and hit the wall. I got angry with him; swore at him and called his a douche bag. I grabbed my stuff and went out the door to my car so I could leave home as fast as possible. As I am backing out of the drive way, he throws a beer bottle at my car, which smashed right in front of me. So, I had to back up further, and speed off.

I am so mad and upset right now. Where is my relationship at? How do I talk with Tristan about this moving forward? Should I talk to him on Monday maybe?

there, fixed

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Improbable Lobster posted:

"She dragged me to the shower and made me watch while she cleaned herself and hummed creepily, I'm getting mixed messages."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

Not knowing anyone with that kind of relationship I guess I'll just take your word on it, I read what she wrote as flirting with dudes to get drinks, but can see how it can be read differently.

Agreed on the coworker text guy, his gf sounds passive aggressive as all hell, but he sent the most "I'll call you when I'm single again (soon)" text you can send.

quote:

I flirted with an older man while in a relationship with my bf to get money.

The key things to focus on are the singular statements and the specific motivation.

The context leads me to believe this was an ongoing thing with a single individual, and it was purely for cash. If she was just flirting with guys in the club for drinks I doubt she would have even seriously mentioned it, and would have framed it more like that if that was the case. This was definitely not somebody random, and it was definitely not a random occurrence.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Kurieg posted:

"She dragged me to the shower and made me watch while she cleaned herself and hummed creepily, I'm getting mixed messages."

Worst scene in the game, hands down :whitewater:

Lmao at this guy for staying on the line the whole time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kurieg posted:

"Also my many sons and daughters hate her"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

WampaLord posted:

No, words mean things.

Actually, we live in a society where words no longer have meaning

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

WampaLord posted:

My crush (35/F) farted in front of me (22/F). Do her following actions prove she doesn't like me/think of me the same way?

Yes, I'm sure this married pregnant woman is secretly a lesbian and in love with you, delusional young person.

When I'm stable long enough
I start to look around for love
See a sweet in maternity wear
My mind commences to prepare
But when I start to feel that pull
Turns out I just pulled myself
She would never go with me
Were I the last girl on earth

I'm a fool, she's heterosexual
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
BF's baby in her womb
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

Might have smoked a few in my time
But never thought it was a crime
Knew the day would surely come
When I'd chill and settle down
When I think I've found a good like-minded girl
Then she farted from her rear
If everyone's a little straight
Can't she be a little queer?

I'm a fool, she's heterosexual
I thought I had found the one
We were good as married in my mind
But married in my mind's no good
BF's baby in her womb
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

Let me know the truth
Let me know the truth

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

The key things to focus on are the singular statements and the specific motivation.

The context leads me to believe this was an ongoing thing with a single individual, and it was purely for cash. If she was just flirting with guys in the club for drinks I doubt she would have even seriously mentioned it, and would have framed it more like that if that was the case. This was definitely not somebody random, and it was definitely not a random occurrence.

You realize you're basically doing the exact same thing as the boyfriend, just not to her face?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look at this poor man, tragically born without the thumbs needed to hang up a phone.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

My [24F] boyfriend [28M] threw a chair at me

Just hangin' with the boys, jerkin off on a stranger, you know, the usual

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if you cross your eyes when you read that post it forms the image of a mullet and a Firebird up on cinderblocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I [21M] am deeply in love with my rival turned mentor [29M], but he's oblivious and I'm not even sure he knows what homosexuality is. What do I do?

And then every comment is just "become a triple agent"