Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
thing is super mario galaxy 2 played with a non-motion plus wiimote in 2017 is still a better game than regular control scheme uncharted 4

uncharted 4 cutscenes though

hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

would buy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

The gun represents violence, because it's a game where you attack monsters and maybe sometimes people with medieval weapons. The sexual content warning probably means there's a horny character design somewhere (it's only E10+ in North America so probably not that horny).

Nintendo Switch: The sexual content warning probably means there's a horny character

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

coffeecup posted:

Skyward Sword perplexes me because the dungeon design and art direction seems pretty disjointed. Ancient Cistern is really enjoyable in terms of visuals and layout. At the other extreme, Sandship seems to have been built to accomodate the square-footage needed for the boss tentacles to wreck up the interior. As a result it has a feeling of passageway/spacing weirdness the entire time before your escape to the outside. I also think the cargo container/pirate ship mashup could have been better because it's really ugly.

Skyview has a similar space issue with some rooms feeling too small. It makes up for it in gorgeous lighting and disney-ness though.

The Sandship is an awful dungeon because it's seriously the same three rooms over and Mike Wazowski is a terrible boss

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo Switch: The sexual content warning probably means there's a horny character

did you see link? he looked horny af

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

Also jesus non-motion Skyward Sword would control like rear end.

I do not understand people's fixation with weird and complicated button+stick schemes there.

Yes, the complicated controls of pressing two inputs... at the same time.

Kawabata posted:

did you see link? he looked horny af

He wakes up in Hylian undies in a pool of water, that's probably all of the horniness.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Twilight Princess for the Wii also made Link right-handed to match the Wiimote usage IIRC. He's also right-handed in BotW now. That poo poo's unforgivable. :colbert:

Right? Their excuse for him being right handed in Breath of the Wild is chickenshit. Not a single player had a problem with it in Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Wind Waker.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Alternative opinion: I never noticed or cared what loving hand Link swings a sword with until nerds started bitching about it on the internet.

Seriously no one gives a poo poo. Stop embarrassing yourself and your fellow gamers by caring about such inconsequential poo poo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I've read threads on Neogaf where people argue that links sword has to be on the players dominant hand or else they cannot relate to link as a character.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope they bring something like Miiverse to the Switch. I had the idea of using the IR joycon like a tablet pen and the HD Rumble being used to simulate the sensastion of drawing

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I had the idea of seeing if I could get a heatsoak shot of my dick and balls through my pants with the IR camera and seeing how many Yeah!s I get.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

We need a new Direct, Nintendo. Cut the IV back on. This is happening to threads all over the 'Net. It's bad enough that the fake dog is already being drawn with a fat rear end and tits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mahoning posted:

Alternative opinion: I never noticed or cared what loving hand Link swings a sword with until nerds started bitching about it on the internet.

Seriously no one gives a poo poo. Stop embarrassing yourself and your fellow gamers by caring about such inconsequential poo poo.

It matters because changing it helped nothing and lowered that bar of diversity a little bit.
There are almost no southpaws in the media.

It's tiny, I admit, but one of my friends is a leftie and he always loved playing Zelda because of that detail.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

both of the housemarque games shown here are going to rule.

nex machina is like a a score attack twinstick mixed with an action adventure game that looks gorgeous right in their wheelhouse of arcade shooters and matterfall is looking like their biggest budget project ever so i'm jazzed to shoot stuff this year!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What if they make Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble 2 for the Nintendo Switch?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

It matters because changing it helped nothing and lowered that bar of diversity a little bit.

It's tiny, I admit, but one of my friends is a leftie and he always loved playing Zelda because of that detail.

Bar of diversity? Ugh. Jesus Christ.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

If you hold the switch upside down link is left handed problem solved

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

:lol:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Stan Taylor posted:

It's all I've ever wanted.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

switch is worthless garbage until it gets its kirby gimmick game. canvas curse ds ftw.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lemming posted:

Actually, that sensor is strictly limited to lewd mouth gestures

For some reason the sandwich eating game doesn't unlock until you've played the champagne game.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Stan Taylor posted:

It is an unforgivable offense that there is a handheld with a gyroscope and a Virtual Console with Game Boy games and Kirby has neither tilted nor tumbled in all these years

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mahoning posted:

Bar of diversity? Ugh. Jesus Christ.

someone sounds caremad

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Switch comes packaged with a sensor bar of diversity.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cartoon Man posted:

The Switch comes packaged with a sensor bar of diversity.

as a rather spherical gentleman i find nintendo's choice a 'bar' rather lowers the bar of diversity

e: sphere of diversity. looks like i've internalised the very stereotype i rail against

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 3, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Anidav posted:

I've read threads on Neogaf where people argue that links sword has to be on the players dominant hand or else they cannot relate to link as a character.

When Trump drops the bombs and everything's about to go into a hellish nuclear firestorm, I'll remember this to make myself feel not so bad about it

Inzombiac posted:

Hahahahahah

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe its time for a Kirby's Dream Course sequel

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fawf posted:

It is an unforgivable offense that there is a handheld with a gyroscope and a Virtual Console with Game Boy games and Kirby has neither tilted nor tumbled in all these years

It's one of those I'm super glad I still have the cart for. Hard to tell what won't be able to be emulated down the line but that one was pretty obvious, unlike say Yoshi's Island. Not that I was thinking about that as a kid but still.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I can't believe Bomberman 64 isn't on VC yet. Somebody better get shot for that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
After looking up Kirby Tilt n Tumble on wikipedia, I want to see someone play that game with the gameboy player.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cojawfee posted:

After looking up Kirby Tilt n Tumble on wikipedia, I want to see someone play that game with the gameboy player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IujZ5bcwiwA

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

switch is worthless garbage until it gets its kirby gimmick game. canvas curse ds ftw.

The 3DS is the best because it didn't get a subpar gimmick Kirby. Just 2 of the best ones. I hope the switch follows suit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just need America, and *all* of you to hold your poo poo together for one more month. 30 days. You can do it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What does everyone want to argue about now? How about how SM64 is actually trash? That should get people riled up on both sides.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just need America, and *all* of you to hold your poo poo together for one more month. 30 days. You can do it.

Stupid East Coaster. I was gonna make this post in a couple hours. :colbert:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Cojawfee posted:

Fun fact, you couldn't play it with a GameShark because it flipped the cartridge upside down. Then you couldn't play it on the GBA SP because the cartridge slot was on the bottom. But if you combined the two you could cheat and play on a backlit screen.:getin:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Stupid East Coaster. I was gonna make this post in a couple hours. :colbert:

Don't step to Central Standard Time, son.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

What does everyone want to argue about now? How about how SM64 is actually trash? That should get people riled up on both sides.

Federation Force: best Metroid game or best 3ds game?

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Don't step to Central Standard Time, son.

Does February have 30 days in CST, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Federation Force: best Metroid game or best 3ds game?

Metroid Prime 3's 10th anniversary is coming up and after that you can say with earnest that Federation Force is the best official Metroid game in a decade

• Locked thread