Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Id do what i want with her car, if you know what i mean fellas

She's photoshopped onto the wheel guys :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
why is there a man in a dress sitting on a f1 car

Juuu
Sep 3, 2007
Wasn't me.

CratSock posted:

Yeah, so weird on so many levels. Why would Ferrari ever approve it? What company would use that to advertise? WHAT the gently caress were they actually advertising?

The ad is from 2012, when Kimi was at Lotus. Makia is a Finnish clothing brand founded by a couple of his friends.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Id do what i want with her car, if you know what i mean fellas

I would tighten those wheel nuts

If you know what I mean fellas :smug:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddins I'm honestly disappointed you didn't go the obvious sitting on rubber route.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Maybe he knows Claire likes it raw?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

1500quidporsche posted:

He certainly drove it if the wheel is anything to go by.
that's a tire

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

td4guy posted:

that's a tire

Her attire looks fine, actually, I don't know what people are talking about

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Me to the thread

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh hey we're doing this again.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
lovely modern drivers, real drivers like Our Nelson would lock up the brakes in a 4 wheel slide around the other guy while flipping him off at the same time

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think Gunther Steiner had a stroke or something guys:

quote:

"Some [new partners], but you always want more! At the moment we are pretty happy with what we've got and they will be shown at the launch. They are not huge partners, they are big companies but they are not huge on the car. When you start a relationship you need to start small normally, because if relationships start big they normally end small. It's better if they start small and end big, so that's what we're trying to do."

"Not getting sponsors that pay us well is actually a good sign"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sounds like Ronspeak. It's spreading to the entire sport, the end of F1 is nigh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sounds a bit like a lost in translation quote to me. Haas are like Red Bull/Toro Rosso, outside sponsorship is secondary to having your own brand stamped all over the car, which might be what he means by "they are big companies but not huge on the car".

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He's quite clearly saying that they have small sponsorship deals with big companies, and hopes they will pay more down the road. Is this really confusing?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I thought we concluded reading MattD1zzl3 posts was a waste of time?

This is why.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9i5Fq15Zwk

That poor cow :(

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

I wish they would have counted back from the very beginning and called it the MCL62 or something.

Yeah, 1 or 62 make sense, 32 doesn't.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
One thing you can say about Bernie, he never murdered a cow

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

One thing you can say about Bernie, he never murdered a cow

I'm sure Bernie enjoys steak my dude

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie owns a cattle ranch.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

learnincurve posted:

Bernie owns a cattle ranch.

He probably doesn't kill them himself though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think Gunther Steiner had a stroke or something guys:

"Not getting sponsors that pay us well is actually a good sign"

You know how Mclaren were definitely going to have a title sponsor in 2014 or that Quantum money that is coming any day now. Most times it sounds too good to be true because it is.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

LochNessMonster posted:

He probably doesn't kill them himself though.
To be fair, neither did Himmler

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

She's photoshopped onto the wheel guys :colbert:

Don't loving start that poo poo up again.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only two weeks till we get to see last year's cars with slightly different livery guys. I'm certainly not very exited, especially since we will have to endure Red Bull's terrible and bad new watch theme for the next year. "it's nearly time for RB12 o'clock" has already been used in at least one press release...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dudley posted:

Yeah, 1 or 62 make sense, 32 doesn't.

It actually kind of does. Prior to the Marlboro Project 4 takeover, the last car created by McLaren was the M30. So in a sense they are sort of continuing with that naming convention with Ron's poo poo in-between the M30 and MCL32 as "31". It just really conveniently worked out the last Ron car was a 31.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But why is it MCL and not M

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

"Because its edgy, modern, and represents a new era for McLaren" - McLaren Marketing Team, probably.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Because I'm Zak Brown and I'm cool as gently caress and new and whatever. M is old and M/P4 is old too. Let's sell some fuckin road cars on the back of this money pissing exercise. The McLaren MCL750 is the successor to the McLaren 650S.

Also, McLaren will continue to be a loving laughing stock. Ron was not the problem, having a hard on for Honda was.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Because I'm Zak Brown and I'm cool as gently caress and new and whatever. M is old and M/P4 is old too. Let's sell some fuckin road cars on the back of this money pissing exercise. The McLaren MCL750 is the successor to the McLaren 650S.

Can I just say I love that Ron got the MP4 onto McLarens first road car after the F1? :allears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I would assume it's because the M32 is a motorway.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Also, McLaren will continue to be a loving laughing stock. Ron was not the problem, having a hard on for Honda was.

Honda is basically the one thing they actually have right. The whole new color scheme and name change does really feel like a house flipper putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls and putting fake wood laminate in the kitchen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would guess that going back to M could be perceived as an attempt to erase Ron's era, rather than just moving on from it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Let's all keep talking about inconsistent McLaren chassis naming in a world where Ferrari exist

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Once again the M32 is a moterway, I cannot even imagine the quantity of justifiable mockery and poor sales that would result from selling merchandise with M32 stamped on it.

Edit: I can however, imagine crofty saying "and now he is going round the M32" over and over again

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 5, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Once again the M32 is a moterway, I cannot even imagine the quantity of justifiable mockery and poor sales that would result from selling merchandise with M32 stamped on it.

This would clearly be the most embarrassing thing to happen to McLaren in the last five years.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

But naming a car after a motorway is exactly the kind of thing McLaren would do.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No need to actively court the piss taking though. They must need the merchandise sales, last years gradient grey whatever the hell that was wouldn't have sold well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tsaedje posted:

Let's all keep talking about inconsistent McLaren chassis naming in a world where Ferrari exist

I put some thought into it, and it should be "W32" for "Woking"

• Locked thread