Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I think you're thinking of a track posted from the new one, Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

Yep that's it! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf1UXzrZPMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNCfEvQFUY

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

I think you're thinking of a track posted from the new one, Sonic Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR5fTO2oio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBnJ3wqtZ0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exJX0rL7UVE

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

A few months ago, someone posted a neat Sonic song, it was real fast-paced and kinda jazzy. People seemed to like it. I remember it having some kickass drums, and maybe some pronounced piano riffs

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Could anyone repost it? I don't remember from which level, which game, which console generation it came from... but it was Sonic for sure

The YouTube video might've had a white or grey background. I don't know much else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9z3bK1nQ_Y ?

e: Whoops, new page. Leaving it because this song rules anyway

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I'm really happy the Hitman game is as ridiculously good as it is, because when I first heard about it being episodic I was convinced it was going to be full blown AIDS. Terrible money grubbing bullshit seems to be the norm from western devs nowadays but I feel like I got an amazing value for Season 1 at 30 bucks, and I'd happily pay full price for season 2

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I think I just finished the last puzzle in the Talos Principle - that was the last one! I can finally see what's on top of the tower a year after starting this game!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hmmmmm.....

On the one hand I'm never going to play it again and I didn't really enjoy myself much. But on the other hand I cleared the whole thing and at no point did I go "gently caress this it's not even worth finishing".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I just finished the last puzzle in the Talos Principle - that was the last one! I can finally see what's on top of the tower a year after starting this game!

enjoy its a great sequence up there that made me wish more of the game was like it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh man, Mafia III... the controls are super mushy, it doesn't seem that well-optimized, the dead time to reload a checkpoint is pretty long, you can't tab through dialogue, there's no fast travel, and it has a dumb lockpicking minigame.

On the other hand, the characters are pretty good and I am dressed up as a Black Panther

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

enjoy its a great sequence up there that made me wish more of the game was like it

It's fantastic but it's timed and I had a brainfart and failed on a puzzle so now I get to do it allll over again. :negative:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's fantastic but it's timed and I had a brainfart and failed on a puzzle so now I get to do it allll over again. :negative:

The same thing happened to me when I fell during the last bit :/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Took me three tries due to being slow at puzzles + excessive screenshot taking, but I BEAT THE TALOS PRINCIPLE! :woop:

That ending was absolutely worth it, even that last slog of puzzles at the end.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

StrixNebulosa posted:

Being inclusive isn't bad

But who here played Mass Effect for the human characters? Anyone?

TIM and Jack. That's about it though. Maybe the dopey Shepard fanboy?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Bailey (that C-SEC officer with the Canadian accent) was cool as poo poo, too bad you never really got anything out of him except for some good conversations.

A cool drat horse posted:

I'm really happy the Hitman game is as ridiculously good as it is, because when I first heard about it being episodic I was convinced it was going to be full blown AIDS. Terrible money grubbing bullshit seems to be the norm from western devs nowadays but I feel like I got an amazing value for Season 1 at 30 bucks, and I'd happily pay full price for season 2

I honestly found the idea of an episodic Hitman game kind of... promising? If done right, it meant they could take time crafting actual assassination maps instead of making a few main missions and padding it out like some of the previous games did. Just making assassination maps and giving them time to be fleshed out seemed like it fixed a problem that was a result of tight deadlines and the restrictions of a modern development cycle. Granted, that hinged on them doing it well without anyone knowing until it was released, but I feel like they pulled it off and I think it's the first time I've seen episodic content done in a way that served a game well.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hitman as a video game series also lends itself much better to the episodic structure than 99% of video games, because it was an episodic game already before that was even a thing. They didn't have to shoehorn it into being separated into episodes because Hitman games already are that way.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

What's the deal with Xboner ads

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFMwgOfdG_M

(How funny. I was actually thinking about these just the other day. Didn't expect to see someone actually post one.)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GUI posted:

That's the logo for Comedy Central, so I assume this is some silly movie.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

GUI posted:

How are they just giving such an awesome bong away?!?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Oh no, this game very few people have played is so much harder than the game everyone has had years to practice! It'll take like a week before someone uploads a series of SL1 naked/barehanded runs through each stage and people pounce on doomsayers for not "gitting good"

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Took me three tries due to being slow at puzzles + excessive screenshot taking, but I BEAT THE TALOS PRINCIPLE! :woop:

That ending was absolutely worth it, even that last slog of puzzles at the end.

Now enjoy Road To Gehenna it's even better.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I managed to get through the talos principle fairly smoothly without looking up any solutions (except for some of the stars) but some of the puzzles in the DLC were way too much for my tiny broken brain

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Oh no, this game very few people have played is so much harder than the game everyone has had years to practice! It'll take like a week before someone uploads a series of SL1 naked/barehanded runs through each stage and people pounce on doomsayers for not "gitting good"

You're already too late, people already figured out how to take out the super challenging boss from the demos in a single hit with no weapon.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Phantasium posted:

You're already too late, people already figured out how to take out the super challenging boss from the demos in a single hit with no weapon.

Watch this space for my upcoming video, "NG+ Nobunaga Naked lvl 1 with dance pad"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Watch this space for my upcoming video, "NG+ Nobunaga Naked lvl 1 with dance pad"

tyco drums would be cooler

tangental - is there a shamisen hero in japan?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Real hurthling! posted:

is there a shamisen hero in japan?

god I wish

also, I haven't poked my head in Games in years, but do we still do Steam key trading? I can't find a thread for it in the top 5 pages and it used to be pretty active

anyone member :gifttank:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zgrowler2 posted:

god I wish

also, I haven't poked my head in Games in years, but do we still do Steam key trading? I can't find a thread for it in the top 5 pages and it used to be pretty active

anyone member :gifttank:

go to the sa mart and find the great game exchange thread. people will swap stuff with you there

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Naked man fists Nobunaga to death

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HHi everybody I am currently at a one-day anuime convention and I am operating on not a lot of restul sleep and my fiancee bought a cute little pokemon pikachu blind bag thing where it's a bunch of mmini furniture based around pikachu and the blind bag she got ended up having a pokemon tv with a pikachu hanging off of it and a soda and a bucket of popcorn with a pokemon label on it and it is fun except for the part where I am struggling to stay awake and am on the verge of crashing and I might just head out to the carr and fall asleep for a few hours because ughhhhhh

How is everybody else doing today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm good my neck and rear end hurt from playing too much games in a folding chair hunched over a monitor last night but it was worth it to check out the modern big city arcade experience. gonna pop some advil

i'd guess a 1 day anime convention would have plenty of cheap meth available or failing that some redbull. push through FAK! get that SO quality time now and sleep later (after banging in your matching pikachu costumes)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

HHi everybody I am currently at a one-day anuime convention and I am operating on not a lot of restul sleep and my fiancee bought a cute little pokemon pikachu blind bag thing where it's a bunch of mmini furniture based around pikachu and the blind bag she got ended up having a pokemon tv with a pikachu hanging off of it and a soda and a bucket of popcorn with a pokemon label on it and it is fun except for the part where I am struggling to stay awake and am on the verge of crashing and I might just head out to the carr and fall asleep for a few hours because ughhhhhh

Pretty bad. but hey, I've got games to play so it could be worse!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

I said come in! posted:

That's the logo for Comedy Central, so I assume this is some silly movie.

Yeah it's a couple people from Broad City and it's just a silly stoner flick. Kinda funny actually.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/DMACalvert/status/827934204063277056

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'd be afraid of my kid getting shot on sight by spooked gun owners if i put them in it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm partial to the "play entire game only looking at it from a mirror, with hands crossed and upside down controller" myself

FirstAidKite posted:

I am still recovering from eye surgery, there was scar tissue in my right cornea over the pupil obstructing all vision making everything blurry, so they sliced most of my cornea off with a scalpel and then I had one of these absolute fuckers in my eye for a week:

It's a "Prokera ocular bandage", a bandage contact lens the size of a quarter. it was so painful they had to prescribe me liquid oxycodone for the pain, it was a horrible week, imagine entering REM sleep being so painful it jolts you awake. Even a couple days out from having it taken out it still hurts, so I get to enjoy the liquid oxy for a few more days before going back to work. Eye is working a lot better though, and it seems along with the scar tissue they also got a bunch of floaters out at the same time.

The surgery was weird. Not often you get to watch them cut up the thing they're performing surgery on, FROM said thing as they do it. Uncomfortable as gently caress but didn't hurt at all until they put the drat bandage lens in. Still, worth it. Worth it worth it worth it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

as a major coward i would have just done an eyepatch for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

• Locked thread