Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's hard to fit an onion on a teaspoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tippis posted:

Or this, again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9wExn706uQ (in case you want something a little less cogent and coherent).

Is this guy high as gently caress or what?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, when I like a dash of pepper I usually throw a handful of peppercorns on my meal. Can't beat the texture.

...what. You've never seen a fresh onion have you?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

The Titanic posted:

/\/\

Makes this guy more of a comical dick.

Me neither friend.

Last time I was in a combat zone doing ummmmm... :airquote:things:airquote:.

We made sure, take out all the radios playing combat music, and all iPods were stopped, because we had to be immersed in the moment of living life on the line. While doing.... things. For ... people.

This is my convincing post that I was maybe in the military once, maybe doing things. Or maybe I'm a dangerous person now. Citizen by day and night, cutthroat mercenary on the weekend as I globetrot from conflict to conflict. It's very quiet though. Only me and my immersive thoughts as I slowly stroke the fidelity out of my umm... tool of the trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRgtzZ-mOQo

Christmas Day football match in No Man's Land during the First World War

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I get triggered by people using :airquote:salt:airquote: instead of seawater as God commanded

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, when I like a dash of pepper I usually throw a handful of peppercorns on my meal. Can't beat the texture.

Yeah totally the same loving thing.

He's making chili. There is no reason not to use actual onions and garlic.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throughout the history of the internet people have told themselves "I'm going to be the one that gets into an internet argument with Derek Smart, owns him hardcore and shuts him up once and for all" and every single one that has tried have all gone through with their attempts in exactly the same ways. You've seen it most recently on Reddit with his weird stalky fanclub, or with guys like MoMA. Hell you saw it with Chris Roberts. Now you're seeing it with Batgirl!

He's very clearly still around for a reason you stupid fucks

Holy jesus and almost every single one declares how funny it is to them how they get exactly the response out of Derek they want. That's a loving lie. Anyone who says something like that actually wants him to gently caress off up a tree and never come down again. They want him to stop posting and hope that he goes "Well I won't give you the satisfaction!" and storm off when they try to act like they've master manipulated him into saying exactly what they want. It doesn't work. It's like watching an ever increasing number of people try to put out a fire with their hands, with each one is going "Hah! Those idiots couldn't do it because their hands aren't big enough! Mine are larger and I'm going to spit on them so they're moist! I'll show this fire who's boss!"

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DapperDon posted:

Is this guy high as gently caress or what?

It's always hard to tell. Hence why he'd be such a perfect match for Chris.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Derek : CIG :: Greenies : Shitizens

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Derek : CIG :: Greenies : Shitizens

Please expound upon this exciting, fresh analogy

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait are we back to fighting about recipes now? Awesome, that means B_of_inforedux making his triumphant return is right around the corner, according to my charts!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

...what. You've never seen a fresh onion have you?

I can tell you one thing, I'm going to grow this along with garlic in my farming module.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait are we back to fighting about recipes now? Awesome, that means B_of_inforedux making his triumphant return is right around the corner, according to my charts!

I've tried to follow the recipes these last few months but all I've got to show for it is a lot of uncooked rabbit :saddowns:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I don't cry when I cut up onion powder

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

It is nice to hear when you don't feel grief.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

Well maybe you should.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I've tried to follow the recipes these last few months but all I've got to show for it is a lot of uncooked rabbit :saddowns:
I can lend you some rabbit powder.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

I can lend you some rabbit powder.

What we need is a sprinkle of blog powder.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I cry when I slap hookers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaw7qX_ZDNE

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

What we need is a sprinkle of blog powder.
I get really annoyed when people ask me about the blog. Have you checked it recently? It's already been updated!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I cried when I last cut up garlic powder but I had also just watched Watership Down and was having a really bad day anyay

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Lladre posted:

Why the gently caress are you using onion and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic.

It's dumb.

The fresh garlic and onion don't do so well after a few months of sitting on the shelf. e: The first part of the recipe is for a large amount of chili powder you can store for later use.

The chili itself uses fresh garlic and onion. The tricky part isn't making the base--it is dealing with the drat short ribs. The meatier the ribs it seems the worse the membrane holding it on the bone. Making sure none of the membrane remains makes me hate beef ribs.

The pot I made this weekend wasn't my best. Tad on the runny side for me and little spicy for a few ladies. Next pot will be perfect. :)

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 6, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I cried when I last cut up garlic powder but I had also just watched Watership Down and was having a really bad day anyay

"That.... movie. After that, I need to scrub my eyes clean."
"No! Peter, that's the-"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Daztek posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Throughout the history of the internet people have told themselves "I'm going to be the one that gets into an internet argument with Derek Smart, owns him hardcore and shuts him up once and for all" and every single one that has tried have all gone through with their attempts in exactly the same ways. You've seen it most recently on Reddit with his weird stalky fanclub, or with guys like MoMA. Hell you saw it with Chris Roberts. Now you're seeing it with Batgirl!

Holy jesus and almost every single one declares how funny it is to them how they get exactly the response out of Derek they want. That's a loving lie. Anyone who says something like that actually wants him to gently caress off up a tree and never come down again. They want him to stop posting and hope that he goes "Well I won't give you the satisfaction!" and storm off when they try to act like they've master manipulated him into saying exactly what they want. It doesn't work. It's like watching an ever increasing number of people try to put out a fire with their hands, with each one is going "Hah! Those idiots couldn't do it because their hands aren't big enough! Mine are larger and I'm going to spit on them so they're moist! I'll show this fire who's boss!"

What is going on with that bat person and Derek? Did I miss something?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Daztek posted:

I appreciate the Archering good friend.

DapperDon posted:

What is going on with that bat person and Derek? Did I miss something?

A while ago Batgirl (the one who interviews Ben and gets him to basically mumble and gently caress up every single time on the most basic of questions) tried to get into a twitter fight with Derek because he directly quoted her, then backed out saying she got what she wanted from it or proved her point or something inane. It's a thing that happens every now and again.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 6, 2017

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Refresh my memory; an instance is in effect the 'observable universe' of a player in a game, i.e. the area within a game that their actions can immediately see and affect, right? So all of this poo poo about porous and meshed instances is a load of bullshit by definition, yeah?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Lladre posted:

Why the gently caress are you using onion and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic.

It's dumb.

Sometime you want the taste but not the texture. No matter how finely you mince onion or garlic it cant dissolve and blend perfectly in a sauce or filling. This is probably not the case for beer's Chili but both forms have respective uses. Powder also stick to food if you want to make a rub or form a crust.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Has Lethality doomed this with a tweet yet?
https://www.starcontrol.com

If not, old fuckers rejoice.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

aleksendr posted:

All from Subsidiaries of EA, the current holder of the license for video games due to buying rights for SWOTOR before lucasfilm sold to Disney. None of them are happening during the current (7, 8 & 9 ?) movie trilogy.

The only upcoming title i saw for the new trilogy is Lego starwars force awaken, a clean, family friendly game. Disney has not published anything since the closure of its interactive studio in 2015. Its not really new games as much as EA milking all it can from the IP before the rights eventually return to Disney

Who is your source on that?

I was at Lucasfilm when the Disney sale happened and Disney basically did a calculation and downsized the games team down to a dozen people. They cancelled existing projects and subcontract all star wars games
To EA.

The assumption that EA has the rights to star wars and Disney/ lucasfilm is waiting for them to lapse is an insane theory that doesn't reflect reality.

I'm still under NDA on a bunch of stuff but what I quoted above is certainly incorrect.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Breetai posted:

Refresh my memory; an instance is in effect the 'observable universe' of a player in a game, i.e. the area within a game that their actions can immediately see and affect, right? So all of this poo poo about porous and meshed instances is a load of bullshit by definition, yeah?

It's utter horseshit, as it stands right now if someone in in the pilots seat you can't shoot them stood next to them, if they are in another ship then :lol:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

who cries when they cut an onion?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

intardnation posted:

People who don't regularly cut onions and/or use dull knifes.

Cat & onion tax:

from: https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photos-red-cat-onion-image23668978

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Onions are poisonous to cats. Please don't feed your cat onion.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

People who don't regularly cut onions and/or use dull knifes.

Cat & onion tax:

from: https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photos-red-cat-onion-image23668978

didnt know that. Garlic is nasty poo poo though. Gives me a migraine in 2 secs flat.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Big K of Justice posted:

Who is your source on that?

I was at Lucasfilm when the Disney sale happened and Disney basically did a calculation and downsized the games team down to a dozen people. They cancelled existing projects and subcontract all star wars games
To EA.

The assumption that EA has the rights to star wars and Disney/ lucasfilm is waiting for them to lapse is an insane theory that doesn't reflect reality.

I'm still under NDA on a bunch of stuff but what I quoted above is certainly incorrect.

No direct sources and i'm not telling this as facts.

The original discussion was about the possibility of Frontier having got the IP for a new Star Wars space game. I chimed in and said that probably only EA, Msoft or Activision-Blizzard had the ammount of money Disney would ask for the right for a SW games, ending with a mention that Disney seem to have few interest in videogames after it closed its interactive studio in 2015.

The Agent replied that plenty of SW games are comming, but i remarked that all of them aside from Lego SW where from EA or Its subsidiaries.

I have no specific on the licensing term EA got from Lucasfilm, but they had to have one before the purchase by Disney in Oct 2012 since SWOTOR was released in December 2011.

Since the purchase, no studio (according to wikipedia) outside of EA, its subsidiaries or Disney interactive (since closed down) has released a Starwars Game on the current trilogy while the IP is at its hottest. Why ? The only exception is the upcoming Lego games, a very family friendly title.

The only theory i can come up why nobody is touching the current trilogy or rogue one is that EA has currently the right to produce SW video games covering everything pre Disney purchase due to its pre-sale deal with Lucasfilm, deal that probably had a time limit and will expire someday. Disney has not sold the "new" Ip (or nobody can come up with the money they ask for) rights for games yet. I think that the curent gaming crowd is not family friendly enough for Disney taste and they dont want to release anything on the new IP only to have a nude mods for Rey and yaoi of Poe available to download the next day.

How wil Disney re-negotiate the IP is unknow but they seem to have no interest in games for the current or future trilogy.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

intardnation posted:

I don't because I use a very sharp knife

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ponzi posted:

I don't because I use a very sharp knife

Sharp knives actually reduce accident risks in the kitchen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

intardnation posted:

didnt know that. Garlic is nasty poo poo though. Gives me a migraine in 2 secs flat.
You're really poo poo at the Masquerade.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/MFyN6aM.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Xaerael posted:

It totally won't be, but my dream scenario is that it's a Firefly Space sim, so all the shitlords that bought into Star Citizen to live out their Malcolm Reynolds fantasies get all twisted up in their poor consumer decisions.

Frontier's new IP is about a lone man in a wheelchair, and his battle to overcome an Iron. Clad. TOS.