Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

Doesn't the ex know that she's his property? He's a nice guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

LLCoolJD posted:

Doesn't the ex know that she's his property? He's a nice guy!

Oh to be clear I believe the sleeping with was what made her the ex-gf, not because she did so afterward

I mean it's still a really lovely thing to do, but the way I worded it did make it seem even more insane

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

According to internet rumors which are too good not to post, Michigan State linebacker Jon Resckhe may have been kicked off the team, after his teammates voted to do so. Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

what a planet

Somewhere, Mark Burnett gets an idea for the next season of Survivor

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jeez, he's one of our best players too. If I would have picked one of our players to do that it would have been noted Trump supporter Riley Bullough. Or Chris Frey because I'm suspicious of white LBs who play like psychos.

The names themselves paint a picture.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Just lol @ the fact that Dan Quinn had to coach under that retard Will Muschamp.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Love seeing Matt Ryan bring his inability to win on the bigger stages from college to the pros.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

an adult beverage posted:

Just lol @ the fact that Dan Quinn had to coach under that retard Will Muschamp.

I'm sure Muschamp will welcome him back with open arms

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

an adult beverage posted:

And it appears he sucks as much dick. Too bad he never learned to run the dang ball

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Crotch Bat posted:

Love seeing Matt Ryan bring his inability to win on the bigger stages from college to the pros.

Ryan hosed go bad twice but Shanahan did him no favors

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

There is a rumor that Devin Asiasi has a serious family issue and may have to transfer closer to home to help out with it. If this is true, a school in California is going to get an absolutely monstrously good tight end for 3 years. Either way, hope everything works out for him.

His grades may not be up to snuff because of this as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

vikingstrike posted:

And it appears he sucks as much dick. Too bad he never learned to run the dang ball

31 unanswered points in a quarter and a half laffo

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

FizFashizzle posted:

31 unanswered points in a quarter and a half laffo

It kills me to think how the outcome of that would be if they literally ran the ball maybe 3 more times in the fourth. :(

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

vikingstrike posted:

It kills me to think how the outcome of that would be if they literally ran the ball maybe 3 more times in the fourth. :(

When he got sacked in field goal range instead of running the dang ball, I told my wife that that pats were going to win.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Dilber posted:

When he got sacked in field goal range instead of running the dang ball, I told my wife that that pats were going to win.

Yuuuuup. I was at a work event and it took everything within me to not yell gently caress as loudly as possible when that happened.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If you're mad about not running the ball just consider that Ryan was routinely snapping the ball with 15 to 20 left on the play clock, and a running game clock, all the way through the second half. There were extra minutes at the end of the game that shouldn't have been there.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
There were lots of gently caress ups. But it's Atlanta. Would you really expect anything else? No.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Well, to be fair, to even get into the position they were in required a good number of fuckups from the Patriots in the first half. Neither team played a particularly clean game, but the Patriots were better at the end, when it mattered.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
To bring this back to college football, last night just had me wishing for college overtime rules. We almost had overtime in the NCG if it wasn't for Deshaun Watson being a boss, and Alabama having no idea how to cover a rub route. Guarantee that the college version would have been a more incredible ending than the NFL version.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Birmingham Brother Rice produces bigots and racists please do not send your kids to that garbage school.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

To bring this back to college football, last night just had me wishing for college overtime rules. We almost had overtime in the NCG if it wasn't for Deshaun Watson being a boss, and Alabama having no idea how to cover a rub route. Guarantee that the college version would have been a more incredible ending than the NFL version.

College overtime rules are superior because you may as well just flip a coin and whoever wins the toss wins the game for the NFL. Whereas with college both teams get a chance to score/keep things going. Sudden death in football is stupid.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Birmingham Brother Rice produces bigots and racists please do not send your kids to that garbage school.

As a Detroit Catholic Central Grad I agree w/ this post

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd be a fan of college OT rules but a start on the 35 that way if you couldn't move the ball at all it would be a 45-50+ yard FG attempt rather than a 35-40 yard attempt, which is a lot more of a gimme in the pros.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd be a fan of college OT rules but a start on the 35 that way if you couldn't move the ball at all it would be a 45-50+ yard FG attempt rather than a 35-40 yard attempt, which is a lot more of a gimme in the pros.

This, but start at the 40 in both college and pros.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

Yup. 35 or 40 yard line. The stubborn NFL fans are lying to themselves if they think that OT period last night was better than Tom Brady and Matt Ryan trading blows from the 35. All I'm hearing are excuses for terrible football ("Falcons should have run more" or "Falcons had the ball in the 4th quarter"). They've deluded themselves.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Falcons totally deserved to lose that game for the way they played in the second half, but still, NFL overtime rules are dumb.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kayakyakr posted:

Yup. 35 or 40 yard line. The stubborn NFL fans are lying to themselves if they think that OT period last night was better than Tom Brady and Matt Ryan trading blows from the 35. All I'm hearing are excuses for terrible football ("Falcons should have run more" or "Falcons had the ball in the 4th quarter"). They've deluded themselves.

This would be great except the Falcons would go 4 and out and everyone in the stadium knew it

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This would be great except the Falcons would go 4 and out and everyone in the stadium knew it
Yeah, even if the Falcons had gotten the ball, they'd have lost once the game got to OT.

I'd honestly rather have basketball-style overtimes where they play a full shortened period (10 minutes?) and forget the sudden death bullshit entirely, but I understand why that's not as feasible.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Trading blows? The Falcons previous four drives resulted in no points and two of them ended in negative yards. This is not an endorsement of NFL overtime rules, but that game was over as soon as it went to overtime because the Falcons offense was going in reverse and their defense was done. Wouldn't have mattered what the rules were.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There's really not any good way to do overtime in football period, which is why it really should just be a postseason only thing regardless of what rules they arrive at.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

big money big clit posted:

If you're mad about not running the ball just consider that Ryan was routinely snapping the ball with 15 to 20 left on the play clock, and a running game clock, all the way through the second half. There were extra minutes at the end of the game that shouldn't have been there.

His brains are still scrambled from that Clemson hit, where his helmet accelerated into the ground at c.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

General Dog posted:

There's really not any good way to do overtime in football period, which is why it really should just be a postseason only thing regardless of what rules they arrive at.

Ties are loving dumb. I'd rather have a bad way to end the game than no end at all.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

lol nah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/baylor-strength-coach-arrested-on-prostitution-charge/article_4388ab9e-daf5-5704-b83d-f61a1e7740c3.html

So how long till Death Penalty for Baylor?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I guess illegal sex between two consenting adults is a step up?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

The Super Bowl reminded me a lot of the national championship game in that regard. If Bama had run the ball a few more times and avoided repeatedly going three-and-out in a nanosecond on some of their late drives, there's probably not enough time left on the clock for Clemson. As it was, Bama and Atlanta kept their defenses out on the field far too long, and despite excellent first-half performances, they couldn't help but wilt at some point.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chieves posted:

I guess illegal sex between two consenting adults is a step up?

Except those who are victims of human trafficking and all.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

He didn't say it was a big step up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol if you think the NCAA will ever have the balls to use the death penalty again

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Trump is a job creator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

big money big clit posted:

I was baffled by why the Falcons did this myself. Completely agree.

• Locked thread