Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He said, "Jeez dude, you are cool and all, but chill with the clingyness
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was when i shut off my stupid footwarmers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Bud K ninja sword posted:

"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He said, "Jeez dude, you are cool and all, but chill with the clingyness
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was when i shut off my stupid footwarmers"

Except the source of that image is much more nefarious and scary than religious nonsense.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

when you grew up with that book you'll always remember the artwork from it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

nawcom posted:

when you grew up with that book you'll always remember the artwork from it

I just remember two stories. One about a lady that had a scarf on and some guy was like in love with her and one day he was like, 'why are you always wearing a scarf' and she said 'take it off' and her head fell off, the end.

The other was just a really long build-up about like "in a swamp there was a house, and in the house there was a stair, and up the stair there was a hall, and down the hall there was a door, and past he door there was a room..." and then it all built up to nothing.

But yeah, the art on that book was 2spoopy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
spiders :aaa:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

You mean you don't remember The Viper?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Manuel Calavera posted:

You mean you don't remember The Viper?

Haha I'd forgotten it but after googling I definitely did read that one back in the day.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I just remember two stories. One about a lady that had a scarf on and some guy was like in love with her and one day he was like, 'why are you always wearing a scarf' and she said 'take it off' and her head fell off, the end.

The other was just a really long build-up about like "in a swamp there was a house, and in the house there was a stair, and up the stair there was a hall, and down the hall there was a door, and past he door there was a room..." and then it all built up to nothing.

I remember these stories too, but the scarf story one I had definitely had color pictures, which I don't think the Scary Stories series ever had.

Also, wasn't the joke in the second one that it was like "in a dark house there were dark stairs, and up the dark stairs was a dark room" etc until the end where it's like "in the dark crawlspace there was an electrician fixing the power"

edit - well the ribbon story is super common. I can't find the book I originally read it in and I wish I could find which one it was because it had a picture with the woman's head on the floor and it freaked me the gently caress out back in the day.

Samuel L. ACKSYN has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Feb 7, 2017

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The series was reprinted without Stephen Gammell's illustrations. Who thought that was a good idea.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Two Finger posted:

in today's 'why in christ's name does kickstarter keep popping up in my facebook ads, i have literally never backed anything', we have....

https://www.funded.today/cashback/comingsoon/lamour?ref=FundedToday&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=fnd.to

heated shoes! powered by discarded galaxy s7 batteries (i can only hope)

These have been a thing for decades now, although they're usually work boots.

The kind of work boots managers who go on site once a year wear, because they don't need to wonder what happens when the battery runs out two hours into a six hour shift.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

queserasera posted:

The series was reprinted without Stephen Gammell's illustrations. Who thought that was a good idea.

Boring assholes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't even imagine how out of touch a publisher would have to be to do that.

Then again that was probably the most scarring book I read as a kid because of those. And I love it for that.

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/576359439/cabbage-computer?ref=category

Ok so it's cool that this guy got motivated enough to teach himself to make something, but what does it do? Its a minecraft/pot growing computer I guess? The video is baffling.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

nihilistic_fish posted:

Ok so it's cool that this guy got motivated enough to teach himself to make something, but what does it do? Its a minecraft/pot growing computer I guess? The video is baffling.

His bio assures me he is a sane trustworthy human: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/576359439/about

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

His bio assures me he is a sane trustworthy human: https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/576359439/about

quote:

I have a fetish of other peoples weird fetishes how about that ?
Not sure why that's in there, but alright.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nihilistic_fish posted:

quote:

Frequently Asked Questions
Looks like there aren't any frequently asked questions yet. Ask the project creator directly.

nihilistic_fish
Mar 3, 2004
"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law." - Henry David Thoreau

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

That is pretty intense. Really I just have more questions now.

Also, lol at ITT. Why anyone would think that such a school is anything but a scam is beyond me.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

nihilistic_fish posted:

I feel bad for the guy, it sounds like he has something that works well and meets a need, but he has no idea how to market or manufacture it.

Hell, he says he needs to get 10x 3D printers to step up production of the cases... No damnit, outsource that poo poo to China... It just gets worse from there.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

yoloer420 posted:

I feel bad for the guy, it sounds like he has something that works well and meets a need, but he has no idea how to market or manufacture it.

Hell, he says he needs to get 10x 3D printers to step up production of the cases... No damnit, outsource that poo poo to China... It just gets worse from there.

Lol at 3D printing parts for consumer use. It's a rapid prototyping platform, damnit!

Also, "bought the 3D printers, need to hire a dude to service the printers constantly now. Delays expected and I need another 60k."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I've seen a few people in the comments of delayed 3D printer kickstarters bitching about how the printer was key to their business and they're set back because of delayed delivery so I guess there are more than a few people out there who think that they'll hit it big with one.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Do you like Atari 2600 games? Would you like to play them on your wrist for the low, low price of $199?

How about, uh, Terraria??

GOOD NEWS

They previously made a Minecraft wearable that didn't come with Minecraft.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol it looks like you can't even play terraria on it and the Atari games only have touch screen controls. I don't get it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope they get all the money and when it comes time to ship just send out a bunch of Tiger Electronic games.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

Do you like Atari 2600 games? Would you like to play them on your wrist for the low, low price of $199?

How about, uh, Terraria??

GOOD NEWS

They previously made a Minecraft wearable that didn't come with Minecraft.

It made $150,000?? It's like an inch by an inch wide and it can only play games from the early 80s, who the gently caress could possibly be interested in it to buy it let alone fund it

I feel like this thing could have existed a decade ago as a brief novelty but wtf every single person who would want this prob already has a smart phone that can play actual modern games on it. Look at that screen with pong. How could you possibly even play it your finger would take up 1/3 of the screen

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Aesop Poprock posted:

It made $150,000?? It's like an inch by an inch wide and it can only play games from the early 80s, who the gently caress could possibly be interested in it to buy it let alone fund it

People with more money than sense.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Aesop Poprock posted:

I feel like this thing could have existed a decade ago as a brief novelty but wtf every single person who would want this prob already has a smart phone that can play actual modern games on it. Look at that screen with pong. How could you possibly even play it your finger would take up 1/3 of the screen

It's essentially aiming to be the modern version of those cheap game watches of the 90s. Those were all sub-Tiger handheld quality.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

fishmech posted:

It's essentially aiming to be the modern version of those cheap game watches of the 90s. Those were all sub-Tiger handheld quality.

Except that one is more functional because you can play it without having your thumb covering up the entire screen. Like I'm trying to imagine how to play Pong on that thing, it just doesn't seem like it would work at all.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

So... what do their Minecraft and Terraria watches do that a $10 thumb drive can't do already (without having to carry around a USB3 cable)?

I love this animation of inserting an SD card, which is obviously reversed footage.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

wa27 posted:

So... what do their Minecraft and Terraria watches do that a $10 thumb drive can't do already (without having to carry around a USB3 cable)?

The Minecraft band runs an animated GIF on the OLED screen!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It made $2500 more since I lasted posted about it. Kudos to people who can advertise crap, probably won't even deliver what they promised and basically skate off into the sunset

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gschmidl posted:

The Minecraft band runs an animated GIF on the OLED screen!

It's a feature! :psyduck:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What do you do when your Kickstarter for an Apocalypse Now game (?!) fails because you had literally no proof that the game existed?

You make your own crowdfunding platform.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

What do you do when your Kickstarter for an Apocalypse Now game (?!) fails because you had literally no proof that the game existed?

I'm wondering how much they paid for "apocalypsenow.com"

EDIT: "Estimated delivery: 10/31/2020" lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

the horror, the horror

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I cannot for the life of me understand what the gently caress they're thinking with this.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

WickedHate posted:

I cannot for the life of me understand what the gently caress they're thinking with this.

They're thinking that crowd funding is the perfect analogue for vietnam.

It's a huge waste of money, a bigger waste of time, and will accomplish nothing of note.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I think they may have been overestimated how much clout Coppola has in this day and age considering it's been decades since he's made anything noteworthy. Even Steve Spielberg was only able to parlay his Hollywood success into a single mid-budget casual Wii game.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Guy Mann posted:

I think they may have been overestimated how much clout Coppola has in this day and age considering it's been decades since he's made anything noteworthy. Even Steve Spielberg was only able to parlay his Hollywood success into a single mid-budget casual Wii game.

I don't remember The Dig getting a Wii port...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Specops: The Line already adapted Heart of Darkness p. Good by video game standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/372114443/winds-of-change-2

From the makers of Major/Minor: or lovely persona fanfic by furry weebs, the game.