Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So for leveling warrior or berzerker, Should I be using coral earrings/ring and ancient neck and belt? Or just use Jarette's? I got some free money for returning, so I can afford them I guess. Got a full set of +5 grunil with attack speed and run speed gems(are these the correct gems?), a +9 Rosar Longsword and a +8 Vangertz shield. For the berzerker I have no clue which main weapon and offhand to get to +7 for leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I kind of had the same question about jarette's and found this handy chart helpful

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4u1zad/jarettes_vs_witchmos/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is the 0 to 200 AP in 3 months chart that goes around. Obviously the timeframe depends on how hard you play, but a decent guide

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'll say it again, dont bother with a yuria weapon. You can get a weapon that has the same attack as a +12 yuria but also has like innate +7 damage to all enemies plus it boosts all your substats as well on calpheon for like 50 contribution points. Use whatever the game dumps on you till you are 45 and get that, keep using it till you can afford a +15 or pri liverto main hand. Dont bother upgrading it yourself, memory frags are waaaay too expensive to do it yourself even if you can efficiently raise your stacks.

My horrible horsy is actually turning out really good after the horrible start. The last few skills she's learned were sprint, instant accel and now charge.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'll say it again, dont bother with a yuria weapon. You can get a weapon that has the same attack as a +12 yuria but also has like innate +7 damage to all enemies plus it boosts all your substats as well on calpheon for like 50 contribution points. Use whatever the game dumps on you till you are 45 and get that, keep using it till you can afford a +15 or pri liverto main hand. Dont bother upgrading it yourself, memory frags are waaaay too expensive to do it yourself even if you can efficiently raise your stacks.

My horrible horsy is actually turning out really good after the horrible start. The last few skills she's learned were sprint, instant accel and now charge.

Mind giving the details on this weapon? What's it called, or which npc to get it from?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HotBobaloo posted:

Mind giving the details on this weapon? What's it called, or which npc to get it from?

Its called Kaia and you can get it from Kanovas from Calpheon. I think you get a black spirit quest to go to them and get it at one point

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

This is the 0 to 200 AP in 3 months chart that goes around. Obviously the timeframe depends on how hard you play, but a decent guide

Thanks for this, I will definitely use it. My only issue is knowing what offhand to use for each class, now that I know about the weapon in Calpheon.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

And yeah, I agree with Cao about the Yuria wep. People wanted it for pvp, and maybe it had it's day, but nowadays if you are out pvp'ing with a yuria weapon then it's bonus is not saving you from getting squashed.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Anyone in PnR been around for invite? I want some skill bonuses

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
That 0-200AP guide is loving trash. Don't follow it unless you want to gear up slow as poo poo and waste a ton of money/time using FS on high risk/low gain upgrades.
If you want to play for the sake of just messing around and don't care about time efficiency that's fine. But if you want to maximize your time to get more geared, then buy everything.
Enchanting poo poo if you're not shooting for extremely high end gear is just a huge huge huge waste of money and time.
Using left over FS to enchant accessories is vague as gently caress and you'll end up wasting far more money making the FS than you will making gains on MoS/Witch/Coral.

The only accessories you should ever be enchanting are Crescent Guardians, Tree/Basilisk belt, Ogre/Laytenn, Tungrade/Whale/Khalk earrings. Buy everything else.

The most time efficient way to get strong:
1) Buy PRI/DUO Liverto = 90-150mil silver
2) Buy PRI/DUO Steel Dagger (or equivalents) = 30-60mil silver
3a) Buy PRI/DUO Grunil Helm/Gloves (5AP set bonus for those specific two)
3b) Buy remaining Chest/Boots (Grunil for 150AP for those 2 pc, then 4 pc bonus of 2AP), or another 2 piece with desired set bonus.
3a+3b costs) Full Grunil PRI set = 120mil, Full Grunil DUO set = 200mil.
4) Buy DUO MoS, DUO Witch, DUO Schultz belt, unenchanted Ogre/Laytenn. (80mil, 90mil, 9mil, 95mil respectively)
5) Buy PRI/DUO/TRI awakenings (these are rarer to be able to purchase but still common enough. Have to watch carefully on the MP)

Total costs: 410m for DUO Liverto/Steel Dagger/Full Grunil. Accessories are another 450mil. Awakening (blue quality) 100-300mil depending on enchant level.

After those steps, do you start saving up for Kzarka, Bhegs, etc.
If you get a drop, sell it (with value pack). Do not try to enchant it. You will spend 2-3 times more money trying to enchant it than to buy it outright. TRI Bhegs and TRI Kzarkas are 450mil. The cost of the item is 95mil so you'll break even if you can hit TRI within 350mil silver for memory fragments, enchanting stones and FS building costs.

If you start a brand new day 1 account right now and just collect welfare and play casually. You will have about 200 mil by the end of Month 1 at the minimum. If you're playing half seriously, you will accrue the remaining money for Full DUO gear and the accessories recommended by the end of month 2 pretty easily. Save money, liquidate everything, buy all the above pieces.

How do you get the most efficiency out of your playtime?
Get daily boss scrolls, run with groups.
AFK fish or train horses.
AFK fishing will get you tons of memory fragments and you can run groups for those like daily boss scrolls.
AFK fishing greatly benefits those with huge inventories as you can AFK fish longer. If you don't have big inventory, horse training is solid money.
Catch 1 T3 male, 2 T3 females. Male to 28, females to 26. This nets you 3 breeding attempts and a glue factory attempt. You have roughly a 33% chance to get a T6. You can do this with low inventory and just AFK all day riding horses while at work or sleeping.
You can sell T6s or try to breed them even higher.
Get discord and hop on the IHA channel and always do bosses. Use a alt boss witch and you can pass gear to level 2 up to 50 something more efficiently. Tree/Bheg/Karanda/RN (RN is pretty poo poo) are very close by. Mudster and Kzarka are very close by to each other.
A Liverto bundle will fetch 8-9mil and an Awakening bundle 7-8mil. You'll pick up a good number of magic crystals that will also sell for a decent amount. If you pick up a boss armor/weapon, that's 95mil.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Silhouette Wires posted:

Anyone in PnR been around for invite? I want some skill bonuses

I'm on right now. Hop into the discord and usually someone can invite you.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

TVDinna posted:

I don't know if I'm blind, but I don't see a link to the discord in the OP. Would like to get in on the guild as well please.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jesus christ this horse had such a turn around from her poo poo start. Back to back good skills, sprint, instant accel, charge and now drift.

Even if she births a tier 7, I doubt it'll have this combination of skills. I'll probably keep her till I have a good tier 8 or something

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best

TVDinna posted:

Is your Discord name the same?

also HotBobaloo : http://discordgoons.com/

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
I figured it out, posted in Discord for an invite, family name Sedraxis

HotBobaloo fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 7, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

TVDinna posted:

I'm running a bunch of relic scrolls tonight and all goons are welcome to come and leech.
Planning on running 10-15 range.
If you're poor, this is a lot of free money. Should be able to get 5-8mil in fast moving loot.

edit: Forgot to mention time. Around 10PM EST.

Parks And Rec discord:
https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its called Kaia and you can get it from Kanovas from Calpheon. I think you get a black spirit quest to go to them and get it at one point

If you are level 45+ and have 50+ free contribution points the black spirit offers a quest to get a better weapon, according to a prompt i got while talking to him today. (Im just level 40) I am assuming this is the weapon yo are talking about.

TE!
Nov 26, 2003

I LOVE THE LITTLE BOYS OF CATHOLIC!! LOLZ!

TVDinna posted:

That 0-200AP guide is loving trash. Don't follow it unless you want to gear up slow as poo poo and waste a ton of money/time using FS on high risk/low gain upgrades.
If you want to play for the sake of just messing around and don't care about time efficiency that's fine. But if you want to maximize your time to get more geared, then buy everything.
Enchanting poo poo if you're not shooting for extremely high end gear is just a huge huge huge waste of money and time.
Using left over FS to enchant accessories is vague as gently caress and you'll end up wasting far more money making the FS than you will making gains on MoS/Witch/Coral.

The only accessories you should ever be enchanting are Crescent Guardians, Tree/Basilisk belt, Ogre/Laytenn, Tungrade/Whale/Khalk earrings. Buy everything else.

The most time efficient way to get strong:
1) Buy PRI/DUO Liverto = 90-150mil silver
2) Buy PRI/DUO Steel Dagger (or equivalents) = 30-60mil silver
3a) Buy PRI/DUO Grunil Helm/Gloves (5AP set bonus for those specific two)
3b) Buy remaining Chest/Boots (Grunil for 150AP for those 2 pc, then 4 pc bonus of 2AP), or another 2 piece with desired set bonus.
3a+3b costs) Full Grunil PRI set = 120mil, Full Grunil DUO set = 200mil.
4) Buy DUO MoS, DUO Witch, DUO Schultz belt, unenchanted Ogre/Laytenn. (80mil, 90mil, 9mil, 95mil respectively)
5) Buy PRI/DUO/TRI awakenings (these are rarer to be able to purchase but still common enough. Have to watch carefully on the MP)

Total costs: 410m for DUO Liverto/Steel Dagger/Full Grunil. Accessories are another 450mil. Awakening (blue quality) 100-300mil depending on enchant level.

After those steps, do you start saving up for Kzarka, Bhegs, etc.
If you get a drop, sell it (with value pack). Do not try to enchant it. You will spend 2-3 times more money trying to enchant it than to buy it outright. TRI Bhegs and TRI Kzarkas are 450mil. The cost of the item is 95mil so you'll break even if you can hit TRI within 350mil silver for memory fragments, enchanting stones and FS building costs.

If you start a brand new day 1 account right now and just collect welfare and play casually. You will have about 200 mil by the end of Month 1 at the minimum. If you're playing half seriously, you will accrue the remaining money for Full DUO gear and the accessories recommended by the end of month 2 pretty easily. Save money, liquidate everything, buy all the above pieces.

How do you get the most efficiency out of your playtime?
Get daily boss scrolls, run with groups.
AFK fish or train horses.
AFK fishing will get you tons of memory fragments and you can run groups for those like daily boss scrolls.
AFK fishing greatly benefits those with huge inventories as you can AFK fish longer. If you don't have big inventory, horse training is solid money.
Catch 1 T3 male, 2 T3 females. Male to 28, females to 26. This nets you 3 breeding attempts and a glue factory attempt. You have roughly a 33% chance to get a T6. You can do this with low inventory and just AFK all day riding horses while at work or sleeping.
You can sell T6s or try to breed them even higher.
Get discord and hop on the IHA channel and always do bosses. Use a alt boss witch and you can pass gear to level 2 up to 50 something more efficiently. Tree/Bheg/Karanda/RN (RN is pretty poo poo) are very close by. Mudster and Kzarka are very close by to each other.
A Liverto bundle will fetch 8-9mil and an Awakening bundle 7-8mil. You'll pick up a good number of magic crystals that will also sell for a decent amount. If you pick up a boss armor/weapon, that's 95mil.

Hey good write-up thanks for taking the time. Some slight quibbles/additional thoughts:

1) Bares are good replacements to what he mentioned for when you are just leveling up, if you are super poor, again buy enchanted. Then save up and buy huge upgrades.

2) Don't buy witches don't buy blue weapons (liverto or awakening), they are traps nowadays. Substitute blue coral earrings for witches and just use green weapons until you can get kzarka or dandelion.

3) Afk'ing on horses is one of the worst ways to get afk gains. Fishing then selling to the imperial trader (splashing point/port epheria) or just running to your grind spot and selling fish nearby will net you pretty good money. Processing is another good way -- sink some time into just heating some flax and selling that before processing ore/timber though as you get many more procs at higher processing level so want to save those until artisan (this will not take you long). Buy a hercules set / zereth chest and slot with + weight crystals for more afk time.

4) Grunil is good but once you go boss armor that set bonus breaks pretty easily. Heve is a good alternative. Even in full boss gear, you will want a back-up helm no matter what for grinding to slot +10% xp crystals which the game hands out and you can get in 1 quest at level 55.

5) Spend contribution on grain nodes, timber nodes, ore nodes in that order. Can't go wrong. Saved you hours of youtube videos you are welcome.

edit: oh yea if you actually care about pvp/end-game or just want to blow some stuff every now and then all classes can be very good. But classes that start with a W are brainless amazing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there still a goon server or has the community kind of dispersed to wherever.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there still a goon server or has the community kind of dispersed to wherever.

Just one giant server now - but multiple channels.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
I remember seeing videos about how good the character creator was for this game, but I can't for the life of me make a warrior that doesn't look like a minor variation of the dull square jawed default guy.

Am I missing something or was that part of the game overhyped?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ObMeiste posted:

I remember seeing videos about how good the character creator was for this game, but I can't for the life of me make a warrior that doesn't look like a minor variation of the dull square jawed default guy.

Am I missing something or was that part of the game overhyped?

No it's pretty robust, Polygon used it to make a dead ringer for Bart Simpson;
https://youtu.be/1Qo1Aj_leEo

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Still looking for an invite to PnR, in Discord now.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

TE! posted:

Hey good write-up thanks for taking the time. Some slight quibbles/additional thoughts:

1) Bares are good replacements to what he mentioned for when you are just leveling up, if you are super poor, again buy enchanted. Then save up and buy huge upgrades.

2) Don't buy witches don't buy blue weapons (liverto or awakening), they are traps nowadays. Substitute blue coral earrings for witches and just use green weapons until you can get kzarka or dandelion.

3) Afk'ing on horses is one of the worst ways to get afk gains. Fishing then selling to the imperial trader (splashing point/port epheria) or just running to your grind spot and selling fish nearby will net you pretty good money. Processing is another good way -- sink some time into just heating some flax and selling that before processing ore/timber though as you get many more procs at higher processing level so want to save those until artisan (this will not take you long). Buy a hercules set / zereth chest and slot with + weight crystals for more afk time.

4) Grunil is good but once you go boss armor that set bonus breaks pretty easily. Heve is a good alternative. Even in full boss gear, you will want a back-up helm no matter what for grinding to slot +10% xp crystals which the game hands out and you can get in 1 quest at level 55.

5) Spend contribution on grain nodes, timber nodes, ore nodes in that order. Can't go wrong. Saved you hours of youtube videos you are welcome.

edit: oh yea if you actually care about pvp/end-game or just want to blow some stuff every now and then all classes can be very good. But classes that start with a W are brainless amazing.

If you're new and have nothing else, Liverto is worth it. It has the same AP as Kzarka just less hidden Acc. Grinding with green weapons are way too slow while you're saving up for Kzarka. Also, with the high number of new players joining the game, Liverto has resell value for when you finally get enough for Kzarka.
To skip Liverto, you'd have to give up a good amount of AP which affects grind rates.

DUO Blue Coral is indeed a great alternative, 8AP for only like 10mil or so. Need to buy them though, trying to build FS isn't worth the money needed.
Jarette's is very accessible and by the end of the new recruit bonus, you can get the entire set. IMO, don't invest too much into accessories.

AFK fishing only works if you have the inventory space. If you're not P2W'ing, then you'll only have like 40 slots as a new player. 8hrs of sleep or work means you'll run out of inventory space long before you'll make any meaningful gains. Getting only 80 fish from sleeping and work is pretty meager. That's only about 2mil a day. 1 week of AFK riding will get you the T3 horses you need to get a T6. Horse prices vary wildly based off tier level, skills, horse level, etc. but I don't think 20mil is too tremendously difficult to get and that will net you about 3mil/day.

HotBobaloo posted:

Still looking for an invite to PnR, in Discord now.

I'm on now, both in game and Discord. A bunch of other guys in Discord/guild can invite too.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Can someone send me an invite to PnR again? I seem to be out of the guild. @NonPromQueen

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Lets say I need a few Grunil crafted, so I have a worker build a couple. Now I don't need any more Grunil at the moment, but I want to be able to click the "Repeat All" for my workers to do what they normally do. Is there a trick to doing this conveniently? Currently I just take the mats out of inventory for the Gunil (or whatever item it may be) and then click Repeat All, it's kind of annoying to do that though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Not sure I understand what you are asking, you can tell a worker to repeat the same task up to 50k times, and they will keep doing it until they run out of energy or materials.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Just have the worker you were having make grunil do something else?

J
Jun 10, 2001

On the list of workers there are 5 buttons next to each worker, you want the button in the middle. That will make them forget their last job so you can use repeat all without them doing whatever they were doing before.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

J posted:

On the list of workers there are 5 buttons next to each worker, you want the button in the middle. That will make them forget their last job so you can use repeat all without them doing whatever they were doing before.

Ahhh that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!

Now the next question is...how are you supposed to remember which worker was doing what after the fact?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
write'r down?

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Man, I bought a cheap second account (for the free polar beat pet), and the Olvia servers are ridiculous. It's just like launch with people flooding every single area, except everything goes by ten times as fast.

Back at launch, I spent about 4 hours at the forest bandits. Now I rock up with a horse wizard (+9 weapon, horse, saddle etc all paid for easily by the free 3million given out on day 2), and get four levels in under 10 minutes. Completely breaks any sense of progression in the name of 'catch up' mechanics.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

RockyB posted:

Man, I bought a cheap second account (for the free polar beat pet), and the Olvia servers are ridiculous. It's just like launch with people flooding every single area, except everything goes by ten times as fast.

Back at launch, I spent about 4 hours at the forest bandits. Now I rock up with a horse wizard (+9 weapon, horse, saddle etc all paid for easily by the free 3million given out on day 2), and get four levels in under 10 minutes. Completely breaks any sense of progression in the name of 'catch up' mechanics.

Leveling is pretty quick up to 56 even without the bonus XP. The really level and gear grind starts after that or so I hear

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm looking at trying this again after picking up a key ages ago and never getting round to playing it.

I was wondering, is there a specific point or level at which you should stop concentrating on levelling/grinding and go do the fun stuff instead like being a merchant or whatever, or is that supposed to be done while still doing the main quest/grinding?

J
Jun 10, 2001

WMain00 posted:

I'm looking at trying this again after picking up a key ages ago and never getting round to playing it.

I was wondering, is there a specific point or level at which you should stop concentrating on levelling/grinding and go do the fun stuff instead like being a merchant or whatever, or is that supposed to be done while still doing the main quest/grinding?

Very little stuff in the game is actually gated by character level, you can pretty much go do whatever you want right from the get go as far as non-grinding activities go. You'll start in a town called Olvia, and by following the story quests from the black spirit, you'll get sent to a town called Velia pretty quickly. There are a lot of tutorial type quests in that town that introduce various things you can do (cooking, fishing, trading, crafting, etc). You level up your character by killing stuff - quests don't reward XP for the most part. They typically give other rewards, a common one being "contribution experience." Contribution points let you hire workers, buy nodes for your workers to harvest stuff from, buy buildings in towns, rent equipment from NPCs, that kind of thing. So if you like questing, do it, but don't feel obligated to.

tl;dr Go do "the fun stuff" right away. The game is really open ended, do whatever you want.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
The problem with life skills is that ultimately there's no benefit to being a top tier life skill player.
Even with an army of artisan workers spitting out useful items, you still don't get any kind of power/influence from it.
A few other games that actually supported noncombat skills well did it by structuring the economy around them as part of it as opposed to an optional portion of it.

A few items made from life skills are not obtainable via drops but those are luxury goods as opposed to mandatory items.
Think Eve, where industrialists were needed, otherwise there were no ships or ammo. Armor and weapons drop from NPCs in this game.

Ultimately, the end game boils down to getting good gear though. You can do everything else and hoard wealth but that wealth does nothing except allow you to buy the TETs, etc.

Also, unrelated item: I kicked a few people and if I accidentally kicked anyone active, please let me know or someone else that can invite immediately.
Had to kick a few so that our guild missions didn't get too crazy since headcount dictates what missions are available.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Holy poo poo, I think it was around 1AM CST last night, but some guy named Blader tried to PEN a bunch of stuff and ended up in a pretty rough state.
Failed all his TET weapons, TET boss armors, and blew up 2 TRI Croissant Guardians trying to TET them.
There was like 8 bil of networth down the drain.
RIP

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

This game is good fun in casual play, but man does the game go out of its way to not tell you a drat thing how anything works in it.

I've set up a worker on a farm to get potatoes and and another to farm chicken meat and i've no loving clue if I'm doing this right or just wasting time.

J
Jun 10, 2001

TVDinna posted:

TRI Croissant Guardians

I know that's autocorrect but I'm gonna start calling them croissant guardians now, thanks.

WMain00 posted:

This game is good fun in casual play, but man does the game go out of its way to not tell you a drat thing how anything works in it.

I've set up a worker on a farm to get potatoes and and another to farm chicken meat and i've no loving clue if I'm doing this right or just wasting time.

Workers are cool and good. You'll want potatoes because you can use them to cook beer which you'll need to refill your worker's stamina. Chicken meat itself is mostly worthless, but those nodes also give eggs, which are useful for cooking. You might not need them that early, though. But more importantly all the choices you make with your contribution points (nodes, workers, etc), are not permanent and you can get those points refunded to try other things. Once you start getting a big node empire setup you'll end up changing it every now and then depending on what you need and what the economy is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Eggs also sell quite well. If you don't care much for cooking and that stuff, you can at least set up nodes of workers to make beer every now and then and sell mats. It's decent passive income.