Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
It sorta drives me nuts that the X and O buttons are the opposite of how they are in Souls games. For a game that is partially influenced by that series and is certainly drawing many of its players, it's a bit weird they don't offer an option to flip them, especially when they offer seven control schemes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kusari gama is the greatest weapon in the history of ever.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Okay, now the kusarigama feels great because I messed with the skill tree. I can now re-gain ki more efficiently, and most importantly I can GET OVER HERE dudes. High stance is fun.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Snak posted:

Does the game feel a lot easier than the demos to anyone else? I have only played up through the first main mission and the afformentioned submission, but I am kicking some serious rear end.

This is the best game ever. It feels so good to play. i know it's gonna get harder, and this is a difficulty curve I am okay with.

I figure it's just the playstyle updates they did between betas or maybe just the time spent on the game during them, but I feel a lot more proficient at this too.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Enemies don't try very hard to find you if you just run far enough away and they lose line of sight. Some have even teleported back to their place of origin. A bit strange.

Also, fire is no loving joke in this.

This game is scratching some good itches.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Aaaagh I've gotten the second real boss bat lady down to a loving sliver of health twice, but she's so hard. One wrong move and you're totally hosed.

Problem is, I've gone though all my consumables. Now I'm in this lovely spot where I have to either farm elixirs in this area without leaving, OR go home and then start the level all over from the start.

At least when bloodborne or demon's souls made you farm consumable health items, they let you warp right back. This is rough. They should really just give you elixirs for free, up to as many as you can carry. Or like, half that many, or SOMETHING.

Anyways the fights and the environments in this game are loving amazing and even though I've died to the second real boss several times, I'm still wanting more. Great game.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Is anyone doing a magic build? I have a bunch of ninjutsu but not enough to actually equip everything I learned. I love how headshots are almost instant kills in this game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why is this out a day later in the UK what bullshit

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
2/3rd boss deaded :getin:

Man that was a loving intense fight. So far every boss is extremely memorable. No loving around.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So I bought it on a whim, is the coop even worth doing in a Dark Souls payday way or

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jose posted:

why is this out a day later in the UK what bullshit

I've literally never heard of a Wednesday release before and I've no idea what's going on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

Aaaagh I've gotten the second real boss bat lady down to a loving sliver of health twice, but she's so hard. One wrong move and you're totally hosed.

Problem is, I've gone though all my consumables. Now I'm in this lovely spot where I have to either farm elixirs in this area without leaving, OR go home and then start the level all over from the start.

At least when bloodborne or demon's souls made you farm consumable health items, they let you warp right back. This is rough. They should really just give you elixirs for free, up to as many as you can carry. Or like, half that many, or SOMETHING.

Anyways the fights and the environments in this game are loving amazing and even though I've died to the second real boss several times, I'm still wanting more. Great game.

I found her pretty easy to be honest, though I did have experience with her from the beta. :sweatdrop:

Key things are her biggest openings is when she swoops at you and when she does her little combo with kicks but ONLY if she attacks 3 times, also remember to stay in low stance when she's shooting crap at you as that stance has the highest I frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTHh5heTcI

Here's me killing her on my first go, she got me once with the paralysis.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Kusari gama is the greatest weapon in the history of ever.

Fully agreed

Question: Is there a way to check what bonuses items give you?

I got some pre-order armor and when I equip it one of the special effects is "Nioh Incarnate", but I can't tell what it does.

Kusarigama is the absolute tits.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I found her pretty easy to be honest, though I did have experience with her from the beta. :sweatdrop:

Key things are her biggest openings is when she swoops at you and when she does her little combo with kicks but ONLY if she attacks 3 times, also remember to stay in low stance when she's shooting crap at you as that stance has the highest I frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTHh5heTcI

Here's me killing her on my first go, she got me once with the paralysis.

Long ago posted that I already got her down. I guess maybe my health or defense is too low, I just couldn't ever get paralyzed or she'd kill me right away. Had to do perfect execution, but I did it.

Main thing really was just staying close so she doesn't do as much ranged attacks, and not dodging her ranged paralyze beam too early

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I got some pre-order armor and when I equip it one of the special effects is "Nioh Incarnate", but I can't tell what it does.

Press L2 to see set bonus effects

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Beat the first act with only one death and 74 bonus elixirs. Game is definitely easier. Less enemies for sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snak posted:

It's real abbreviated, but yeah, I liked the creative re-use of assets that way,

Does the game feel a lot easier than the demos to anyone else? I have only played up through the first main mission and the afformentioned submission, but I am kicking some serious rear end.

This is the best game ever. It feels so good to play. i know it's gonna get harder, and this is a difficulty curve I am okay with.

The second stage definitely has less enemies than it did in the beta, not that much less though.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Progress Report so far on PS4 Pro (1080p):

Pre-order armor is kind of a big deal and you can access it from any Shrine; I also received the two crazy helms from the Alpha and Beta from that menu. First boss was a little unexpected much like the story. I suppose they'd have to deviate a bit from William's actual story and so far, I really like what the game has become. Action mode framerate is really solid but there is a slight bit of judder; mostly not noticeable to most. Controls are great and you have 4 or 5 schemes to choose from. You can roll if you hit X twice (may be stance dependent and will use an amount of Ki which equals that stance.) Don't be afraid to block but be mindful of who you block an attack from.

The only thing I don't like is that the Yokai seem to have that Dark Souls style enemy tracking where they can pivot on a dime but the human enemies don't seem to have this. I don't remember the alpha or the beta having this feature for the Yokai but that was awhile ago and I can't remember. Super psyched to get back from work and play more tonight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, looks like you need to have beaten a stage to be summoned for it. RIP Co-op.

EDIT: Do you get 2 accessories along with the Onryoki and Hino-enma hats? I can't figure out where they came from.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Feb 7, 2017

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Sakurazuka posted:

I've literally never heard of a Wednesday release before and I've no idea what's going on.
Ditto, if it was everywhere I'd think it might coincide with a profit call or something like that? I think it's more likely that maybe some sort of manufacturing gently caress up happened.

RatHat posted:

Welp, looks like you need to have beaten a stage to be summoned for it. RIP Co-op.
Bit of a odd decision to make, I'd say it's so you don't have clueless people running around in your game, but you have to summon them on purpose anyway. :confused:

At least they've made it so you can summon friends without mucking about wearing rings and hoping you hit their marker before someone else does.

limited fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 7, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Zenny want copy NOW

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I need some clarification on on the coop modes. I already know how there's two different kinds.

I just heard in order to be summoned as a phantom you need to beat the level yourself.

The one that's full coop with shared life bar. Is there any restrictions? Or can I literally start a game with a friend (maybe solo the tutorial part first) and we can literally progress through the entire game at the same rare together?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

William's ladder swag is outta this world.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Ineffiable posted:

I need some clarification on on the coop modes. I already know how there's two different kinds.

I just heard in order to be summoned as a phantom you need to beat the level yourself.

The one that's full coop with shared life bar. Is there any restrictions? Or can I literally start a game with a friend (maybe solo the tutorial part first) and we can literally progress through the entire game at the same rare together?

Not a real answer but my friend and I wanted to play coop last night but you at least need to get to the main map screen (so whatever gameplay up to that point is solo but easy). We quit once we made it to Japan and never got our coop on :(

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 7, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why do I have to have several meetings today that I can't reschedule :negative:

I just wanna be an Irish samurai and kill yokai with my spirit friends

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Welp, woke up extra early and put about a hour and a half into the game this morning before work. Beat the Tower of London and despaired when I found out that the weapons and armor and medicine I gathered didn't carry over past the prologue, so much for dying like 5 or 6 times figuring out how to fight the double knight pairs. Then did the tutorial and turned it off once I landed in the game proper and picked up my DLC armor.

I started my character using the spears, dual katanas, and the dodge guardian though if Kusarigama is as hot poo poo as everyone is saying I may switch to that once I get underway

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 7, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there a day 1 patch or install? or can i just pop in the game tonight and play right away?

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
88mb day one I think

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

DeathSandwich posted:

I started my character using the spears, dual katanas, and the dodge guardian though if Kusarigama is as hot poo poo as everyone is saying I may switch to that once I get underway

Low stance turns you into a stun whirlwind. I used High stance on a pack of enemies right before you meet your first Oni and I took away all their stamina with two or three hits. Its a pretty good weapon.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Is there any specific purpose to summoning the revenants from the graves?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
To get loot

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Ki break > tempest > Iai > ground execution is a mega damage combo for the katana. Chaining your own combos is so much fun.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You can get 1 to multiple pieces of the revenant's equipment. It's an easy way to get high level purple drops if the RNG happens to be uncharitable to you.
It also gives you Glory currency, which you can spend at an unlockable store later for items and character skins.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Dual swords seem really fast, like OP fast. They have really good mystic arts too. I think they're probably going to be a tier above the rest of the weapons in PvP.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Did there end up being a bunch of skills that weren't in the demo?

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Do you get 2 accessories along with the Onryoki and Hino-enma hats? I can't figure out where they came from.

This is just :psypop: to me. Why would you want to kill the co-op right out the gate? Me and a buddy were going to play through the game together, now it's just like... welp. There goes that.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MMF Freeway posted:

Yes, the spear gets a shove while guarding and I don't remember that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MMF Freeway posted:

Yes but not that many. No game changers either really. If you didn't like a weapon in the demo you probably still won't like it now.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ACValiant posted:

This is just :psypop: to me. Why would you want to kill the co-op right out the gate? Me and a buddy were going to play through the game together, now it's just like... welp. There goes that.

That's for Dark Souls style summon help. From http://www.gosunoob.com/nioh/how-to-play-coop-nioh/ (first hit on google for nioh coop)

quote:

If you’re looking to clear levels together with a friend, there’s a different process to follow:

While you’re on the main map, click the base icon.
Select Torii Gate from the menu.
Choose Yokai Realm with A Companion.
The best thing about this option is that all the missions you beat this way will be marked as completed for both players.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anyone know how early you can get Raikiri in the full game? I want it badly for my katana/spirit build and I don't know if it's something I should plan to get early or something I'm going to have to wait a good while for.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you get it from like the fourth main mission. Sweet.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

That's for Dark Souls style summon help. From http://www.gosunoob.com/nioh/how-to-play-coop-nioh/ (first hit on google for nioh coop)

Oh awesome. I feel like I'm hearing different things about this. When I get home after work I'll try this out and see for myself.