Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

How good are Peri and Sheena? I got 5*s of those two.
Pero is great for me. Smashes enemy intestines all the time to get me out of tricky situations. Her mobility and semi-ability to take a hit is crucial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I vacillate between loving and hating Peri's voice on a turn by turn basis.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Evil Fluffy posted:

:stare:

Gonna give her a pass then.

I really hate my Cecilia too. I think those tier lists over value horses too much.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Now I get to be called a loser, and also in game!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How do the Spur (Stat) abilities work? And do they trigger Tharja's bonus damage?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

chiasaur11 posted:

You got Donnel.

I've got five golds, and I'm still using a bronze Donnel in the arena, because Donnel gets things done. Blue with a brave weapon means he's useful against reds, which are everywhere. Pullback lets him control enemy positions. And reciprocal aid means that, if nothing else, he can be an emergency health pack for one of your more important units.

Yeehaw.

Probably drop Roy for Donnel then? I assume Old Tiki is better than Roy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

quote:

At 5* both of Tharja and Nino's weapons get boosted attack based on the bonuses applied to them.

They don't need to be 5* for this (although stats will be lower overall). I believe Gronnblade and Rauðrblade and Blargleblade are available even at 3*, and merely upgrade to Gronnblade+ at 5* for 4 extra might. I have considered building a gimmick team around Nino, but ultimately I don't have enough good buffing characters. I guess if you use both of them though, Nino can also buff Tharja with Hone ATK.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Probably drop Roy for Donnel then? I assume Old Tiki is better than Roy.

Adult Tiki has all range counter which seems pretty dang good

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nihilarian posted:

How do the Spur (Stat) abilities work? And do they trigger Tharja's bonus damage?

They do not trigger Tharja's bonus damage. They just raise your stats in-battle if you are currently standing next to the character with Spur at the time of battle, unlike the Hone/Fortify skills which activate at the start of the turn.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 10, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Clarste posted:

They don't need to be 5* for this (although stats will be lower overall). I believe Gronnblade and Rauðrblade and Blargleblade are available even at 3*, and merely upgrade to Gronnblade+ at 5* for 4 extra might. I have considered building a gimmick team around Nino, but ultimately I don't have enough good buffing characters. I guess if you use both of them though, Nino can also buff Tharja with Hone ATK.
Sharena, the default spear character, has a passive +defense aura starting at 3* and can give up her turn to buff a characters attack. That's a pretty good start IMO

Clarste posted:

They do not trigger Tharja's bonus damage. They just raise your stats in-battle if you are currently standing next to the character with Spur at the time of battle, unlike the Hone/Fortify skills which activate at the start of the turn.
drat. Lyn and Tharja synergize less than I thought.

I'll probably split them into two teams, for now. Need to look and see what buffs I got

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lol at Sharena being way better than Alphonse. Poor guy.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

lol at Sharena being way better than Alphonse. Poor guy.

When this arena cycle is over I am all set to boost her to a 5*.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Just rolled a Camilla with my last free roll to round out Robin (M)'s Angels. The other two are Cordelia and Palla. Is it just me, or does Palla's Goad Fliers skill not work?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

I really like hector and eliwood's art in this game. also Eliwoods accent

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Sharena, the default spear character, has a passive +defense aura starting at 3* and can give up her turn to buff a characters attack. That's a pretty good start IMO

drat. Lyn and Tharja synergize less than I thought.

I'll probably split them into two teams, for now. Need to look and see what buffs I got

not a lot, it turns out. I have a bunch of spurs, and a bunch of redundant +attacks. The only other buff I got is Cecilia with her +Res, and I'm not sure she's worth it. I guess I can just get her to 3* and then use her as a rally bot

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If you delete your app data from inside the app, do you have to download all the updates again?

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Got to the point where not having any red units was hurting me, so I dropped two full pulls in the hopes of picking up Lyn. No five stars, but I did grab 4* Henry, Fae, Tiki, Ogma, Arthur, Draug, Setsuna, and a 3* Azama (I also had no healers). It's gonna be a hard choice who gets promoted to 5* once I hit 20k feathers.

Much as I'd like Lyn or any other 5*, I got what I needed so I'm gonna call it quits on his banner and resume hoarding for the next one.

I got two in one session after striking out and getting the rolling gacha rate up to 4.25%

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

3rd 5 star, Maria. My previous pull also had a 5 star Maria. What weird luck.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Roy not good or does my Roy particularly suck? He has like, 2 more ATK than my Clairne. I just got a 4* Male Corrin, and at like level 3 his ATK basically matches Roy's.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is Roy not good or does my Roy particularly suck? He has like, 2 more ATK than my Clairne. I just got a 4* Male Corrin, and at like level 3 his ATK basically matches Roy's.

Is he 4* or 5? Binding Blade access makes or breaks Roy, as I understand it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Roy is not particularly good unless you want to laugh at Hector.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mine is 4*.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Then, yeah. The bulk of his use is his absurd 5* weapon. :(

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Clarste posted:

Right now I'm working on leveling a team to 25 of Tharja, Nino, Sharena, and Matthew. Sharena can rally attack nino while nino buffs everyone else's attacks. Then with +def from Sharena, +res from Tharja, and +speed from Matthew the attack values should be pretty sky high. Full triangle coverage to boot.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sunning posted:

I got two in one session after striking out and getting the rolling gacha rate up to 4.25%

That's a roll :stare:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Right now I'm working on leveling a team to 25 of Tharja, Nino, Sharena, and Matthew. Sharena can rally attack nino while nino buffs everyone else's attacks. Then with +def from Sharena, +res from Tharja, and +speed from Matthew the attack values should be pretty sky high. Full triangle coverage to boot.
... Somehow I missed Matthew :downs:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AlphaKretin posted:

Then, yeah. The bulk of his use is his absurd 5* weapon. :(

Roy's a kind of bulky dude and his main feature is being able to absolutely and utterly clown on axe units while getting his poo poo slapped around by any lancer that can actually hurt him. I like to have him lead the charge with Nino right behind him.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Tired Moritz posted:

does anyone have Stahl? How is he?

I have one at level 1. I think the answer is no one cares, because everyone is drowning in red 5*s at the moment.

He's a horsey with obstruct, so that seems like it could have it's uses.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Tiki is my only 5 of any color, and I think I've hit the point where this has become frustrating for me, although I'm sure being kind of bad at it is playing into it. Once my bad team started approaching 30 I stopped being able to win even Intermediate arenas consistently, and every team I face there is much stronger.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like my foray into harder arena fights will be all my other characters cowering behind Hector as he walks forward one square a turn.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

DalaranJ posted:

I have one at level 1. I think the answer is no one cares, because everyone is drowning in red 5*s at the moment.

He's a horsey with obstruct, so that seems like it could have it's uses.

um yeah but he's cute??

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I decided to try and reroll and see how I did. Got Hector on my initial pull, Takumi on my first 20 pull, and both jailbait dragons on my second 20 pull.

Guessing at this point it's pretty much pointless to roll for anything else. There are definitely better blue picks than blue jailbait dragon, but I figure I may as well just start saving up orbs and wait for something like an Azura banner (or the inevitable killing machine that Ephriam will be!)

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Tired Moritz posted:

um yeah but he's cute??

if you believe in [husband] hard enough, [husband] will come through for you

this is how I justify promoting multiple subakis, two of which repeatedly hit for 0x2 in any given round

More relevant to your question I got a Stahl recently, he's being trained for my B team along with the other non-5* jerks I got. He's okay, doesn't have any glaring faults, doesn't die immediately, and also hits stuff good. He's perfectly average in the good, well-rounded way just like he was in Awakening and his only big fault imo is that he's drowned out in a sea of better red units and doesn't particularly excel at anything. Useful if your strategy benefits from his Obstruct though.

e: Actually I have a question. How does combining units work as far as SP and skills go? I have 3 Subakis total, the lovely 2 are gonna get fed into the good one asap, but does the alpha Subaki get all the SP the other two had or is it always a fixed amount?

melodicwaffle fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 10, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

melodicwaffle posted:

e: Actually I have a question. How does combining units work as far as SP and skills go? I have 3 Subakis total, the lovely 2 are gonna get fed into the good one asap, but does the alpha Subaki get all the SP the other two had or is it always a fixed amount?

Fixed amount, 10 for a 1 star, 20 for a 2 star, 40 for a 3 star, 80 for a 4 star.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
When you promote from one star level to the next does the character keep their traits eg +HP -spd or whatever?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

hooman posted:

When you promote from one star level to the next does the character keep their traits eg +HP -spd or whatever?

They keep all learned skills and earned SP, yes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

They keep all learned skills and earned SP, yes.

No I meant their inherent stat modifiers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Congrats on your good rolls, please don't be weird

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

hooman posted:

No I meant their inherent stat modifiers.

No one knows because no one has figured out the average stats for 2-4 star characters at max level, and most people don't even max out their units before they promote.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not emptyquoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sorry I don't like their design?

I actually did one more pull (just a single 5 orb one since all I needed was a better blue) and got a 4* Cordelia out of it. She's working way better than Nowi since she vaporizes anything red. Prior to that, any team with Lucina could tear up 3/4 of my team including the unit that should have been countering her. Now I basically have the perfect tool to deal with her so that should make arenas a lot easier.

Really tempted to bump her up to 5* when I have the feathers.