Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

don'ta think you got away with this

:sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

Destiny 2 is going to be poorly received because fans have the unrealistic expectation that they will actually be able to transfer their Destiny 1 progress over to the sequel, and there is just no way that is going to happen.

Wait why wouldn't that happen? I'd think that would be like, the most important feature for anyone that already owns and put a bunch of time into the first game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have only just started Destiny, so by the time I get the sequel the third will probably come out!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's probably less people they would tick off with a reset than people who wouldn't buy it because you needed to play 200 hours of Destiny 1 to play 2.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was looking at that cancelled brothers in arms game and man, I knew that stuff from it was repurposed for battleborn but looking at this character art makes it kinda obvious haha

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

There's probably less people they would tick off with a reset than people who wouldn't buy it because you needed to play 200 hours of Destiny 1 to play 2.

The third option is to give people a strong enough character to start Destiny 2 if they don't import characters from Destiny, sort of like the "get right to the level to start the expansion" boost you get with recent WoW expansions. That way Destiny 1 players can carry over their progress while new Destiny 2 players can jump right in.

That said, I don't think they set up their system for much more character growth, so even if things do carry over, I think they need to change things. The subclasses, especially, feel like they'd just get bloated if they tried to add more abilities to each one, so they're probably going to need to do an overhaul of the class and progression systems.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I was looking at that cancelled brothers in arms game and man, I knew that stuff from it was repurposed for battleborn but looking at this character art makes it kinda obvious haha

Sometimes I think about how people unironically believed Battleborn would be better then Overwatch and I laugh.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

I have only just started Destiny, so by the time I get the sequel the third will probably come out!
If you want to play some on PS4 hit me up

But I haven't played in months (years?) and didn't buy the latest expansion and my level is probably wrong so lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Is this real or is it photoshoped I legitimately cannot tell

edit; haha it is real look at that guy's stupid tiny head

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's a real hobby-grade character there

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

If you want to play some on PS4 hit me up

But I haven't played in months (years?) and didn't buy the latest expansion and my level is probably wrong so lol

I am level 9 and slowly pottering about the campaign solo :) You'll be perfectly matched!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

I am level 9 and slowly pottering about the campaign solo :) You'll be perfectly matched!
It's possible. I don't honestly remember what I left behind but I think I might have had one around there

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

VideoGames posted:

You should power level and come to the Raid saturday.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh lol I thought it was just the character design that was reused but nope, they're both named Montana too

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

It's possible. I don't honestly remember what I left behind but I think I might have had one around there

Closer than I thought lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This makes me laugh every time because someone thought a game with this in it would not be a failure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

You should power level and come to the Raid saturday.

Hah! I've been reading the Destiny thread since I started playing it and I do not get 95% of the things posted in there. It's massively confusing.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I got the the fire dog the first chalice dungeon last night, in Bloodborne. He's a tough dog.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

Hah! I've been reading the Destiny thread since I started playing it and I do not get 95% of the things posted in there. It's massively confusing.
The raids were basically your usual World of Warcraft-ish dance recital stuff but translated to a shooter. I did a couple back in the day but I didn't much care for it. Still I guess you should try one, you might like it better, I just can't be bothered to perfect the choreography needed for them.

Also that could have changed because I didn't even play the first expansion lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wear can you even buy hats that small.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the battleborn guy reminds me of post timeskip franky from one piece

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

please do not insult franky that way. franky is a cool dude, and that trucker hat guy is decidedly not.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

I've played him and he is nowhere near that SUUUPEEEEER

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aleque posted:

are you trolling?

It's not that hard to find, I believe in you

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Closer than I thought lol

Awoken Male

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Loose Ifer posted:

I got the the fire dog the first chalice dungeon last night, in Bloodborne. He's a tough dog.

On this topic, when are chalice dungeons intended to be done? Are they near end-game content? I just started NG+ but wondering if I go in now if I'll get destroyed, versus going in around the time I'd be ready to go NG++, if that makes any sense?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They scale from early game difficulty into post-game difficulty by the end. I also don't think they scale with NG+ so you are gonna destroy the first like 75% of them at your level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They don't scale to NG+ so you will destroy the first 90% of them. They're designed to be played parallel to the progression

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

devtesla posted:

Awoken Male
I think that was a player race or something, I surely don't qualify for woke

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

They scale from early game difficulty into post-game difficulty by the end. I also don't think they scale with NG+ so you are gonna destroy the first like 75% of them at your level.

In Training posted:

They don't scale to NG+ so you will destroy the first 90% of them. They're designed to be played parallel to the progression

Oops.

Okay, cool, thanks. I think I only have access to one at the moment anyway. I skipped so much on my first playthrough without realizing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Phantasium posted:

It would perhaps be more accurate to say I don't like the single player content in most fighting games because that doesn't sound terribly interesting either.

Like the last time I cared about a fighting game was MK9's story mode, and before that like.. Soul Calibur III (which instantly got on my poo poo list when it corrupted my save file after hours of playtime).

Injustice had a lot of great single player content and Injustice 2 will probably have even more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Injustice's loot being On as the default for online seems insane to me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice had a lot of great single player content and Injustice 2 will probably have even more

Yeah but you'd be playing Injustice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I ended up genuinely enjoying the SP campaign in Mortal Kombat X, despite myself.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

melee had the cool adventure mode thing and then there's subspace of course

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snake game now has David Wise music.

Aleque
Sep 20, 2010

Toonhaze Animator
making dota2 toons, come and join ;)
https://www.twitch.tv/toonhaze

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

nice, post it in the factorio thread for maximum exposure

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

chumbler posted:

Yeah but you'd be playing Injustice.

MKX looked like it had some good stuff but I wasn't really into the gore so I am looking forward to Injustice 2 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lurdiak posted:

I really take issue with some of these inclusions.

Don't kinkshame :mad:

(yeah, some of them are a bit odd. Apparently Bowser is in the header and doesn't warrant a mention because he's the ur-Daddy)

• Locked thread