Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Are you actually from Italy or are you an extremely embarrassing American?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Theophany posted:

Ferrari are perfect in every way and gently caress you if you disagree. :colbert:

I would agree if they could at least get a car on the podium once in a while :saddowns:

I work with this Italian guy, I thought brilliant! a real life tifosi to have some F1 banter with... I started to question him about F1 and he was all like this "AAAHHHHH F1, ITS ALL RUBBISH, MAYBE I WATCH FOR THE... *waves hands*" "crashes?" "YES!"

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I have a similar problem. I work with a German and he couldn't give two shits about sports.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have always had a soft spot for Montezemolo because he was an extremely attractive man in the 1970s. When the cars came in broken in the old days, before they made them wear things like fire protection and head gear in the pits, he would rush into literal action and help fix the car himself, while not giving one iota of a gently caress about how his expensive hand made suit was getting covered in oil.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
LdM did about as good a job as anyone could have done running the tram after Enzo died.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Are you actually from Italy or are you an extremely embarrassing American?

The former. My pathetic claim to fame is that I am a distant cousin with Dario Franchitti and Paul di Resta. I actually stay at the di Resta homestead when I'm on business in Scotland.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Even though I loathe Ferrari I have very little against Luca de Montezemolo and was just a little tickled by the idea of someone being a diehard Luca Badoer fan

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I have always had a soft spot for Montezemolo because he was an extremely attractive man in the 1970s. When the cars came in broken in the old days, before they made them wear things like fire protection and head gear in the pits, he would rush into literal action and help fix the car himself, while not giving one iota of a gently caress about how his expensive hand made suit was getting covered in oil.

Alain Post posted:

LdM did about as good a job as anyone could have done running the tram after Enzo died.

I honestly believe he was the only person who cared as deeply as the Old Man himself.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The only reason he is not there now is because he got hosed over by that micro managing oval office marchionne, who thought he could do a much better job at running the show, and is somehow managing to make things worse by not allowing the team principle any say.

Reminder that James Allison asked to work from the UK and was told no by the chunt who gave the excuse that Enzo would not have approved and it wasn't within the spirit of Ferrari. Only Enzo did in fact have an office in London for his British designers for many years.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

The only reason he is not there now is because he got hosed over by that micro managing oval office marchionne, who thought he could do a much better job at running the show, and is somehow managing to make things worse by not allowing the team principle any say.

Reminder that James Allison asked to work from the UK and was told no by the chunt who gave the excuse that Enzo would not have approved and it wasn't within the spirit of Ferrari. Only Enzo did in fact have an office in London for his British designers for many years.

What I find depressing is that they're going back to old 80's Ferrari of 'everybody needs to be Italian or based in Italy' when their best years they had a frog principal, a Brit technical director and a German driver.

e: and that's such a major part of my frustration with Ferrari. I'm that sad case who sits there on the sofa with my Ferrari shirt on on a Sunday shouting at my TV because I want a red car driver on the podium. The only good thing the Jumper guy could do is bring Alfa back and institute those rules - they'd be like the Minardi of old, commanding fervent support whilst feeding promising drivers to top teams.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 10, 2017

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
Thinking about Silverstone this year - would I be happier with Luffield A, Village B or Farm Curve?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

*Looks at username, then eyes wander to avatar text. Understanding fills me and a brief smile flickers across my lips as I walk on*

Whatever poo poo you typed or you didn't catch the Californication reference.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 10, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Begall posted:

Thinking about Silverstone this year - would I be happier with Luffield A, Village B or Farm Curve?

Fam curve. Hamwalleton's Snapchat corner.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Begall posted:

General Admission and some comfortable walking shoes.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Begall posted:

Spend your money going to Spa, you'll end up saving quite a bit

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I have to go to Montreal some point this year and I'm trying hard to time it with the GP weekend.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

Dislike young max all you like, but the money from his army of fans over the last couple of years may have saved Spa.

True. They(the Dutch) are a financial necessary. Not just for the racing track, but for the entire Belgian ardennes. And I don't really dislike them, nor do I dislike max. It's just gonna be a bit over the top. And some counterbalance will be more than welcome.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

poty posted:

How's this for constructive criticism: bring Ron Dennis back

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The fact that Are Jense popped on to Are Nando's live stream just to troll is amazing. Those two rule :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Serious question, who the gently caress is pairing Alonso at McLaren this year? I literally cannot remember.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Isn't it Notre Lance, who is not as good as Notre Jacques, who is not as good as Notre Gilles? An ever decreasing quality of Canadiennes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn't it Notre Lance, who is not as good as Notre Jacques, who is not as good as Notre Gilles? An ever decreasing quality of Canadiennes

In a shock announcement 1500quid has been signed as a replacement for Massa in 2018.

Edit:, loving :lol: I love it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Theophany posted:

I am a distant cousin with Paul di Resta

gently caress you

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nando is going to be so sad this year when the McHonda sucks rear end. Again.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i like to think we're ALL distant cousins with paul diresta

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

djssniper posted:

Spend your money going to Spa, you'll end up saving quite a bit

£500-600 for a pair of grandstand tickets, plus parking but I'm close enough to silverstone that I can drive home each day - not sure that's the case?

Edit: Looks like GA at Spa including parking, fuel and hotel is roughly £100 more expensive. Hmm.

Begall fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 11, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Theophany posted:

that crazy old guy with war medals pinned on his scruffy jacket on the night train who reeks of stale piss and low grade cider.

Is this like a round of Jeopardy? Who is Winston Churchill?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Begall posted:

£500-600 for a pair of grandstand tickets, plus parking but I'm close enough to silverstone that I can drive home each day - not sure that's the case?

Edit: Looks like GA at Spa including parking, fuel and hotel is roughly £100 more expensive. Hmm.

I bet you can do it cheaper than that if you fly. In fact i googled a random date in the summer and it's £125 return from East Midlands Airport. .

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Serious question, who the gently caress is pairing Alonso at McLaren this year? I literally cannot remember.

Stoeffel Vandoorne, who ripped GP2 apart a couple years ago, got a point on his first and only race in the McHonda last year (when Nando was hurt) and was a Honda driver in Super Formula the rest of the year.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Kramer?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I thought it was Cesc Fabregas

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Nando is going to be so sad this year when the McHonda sucks rear end. Again.

I can't have that for a third year in a row. Without Are Jense to cheer him up we might have to put Nando on suicide watch.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That which is dead can never die

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

My dreams of a 3rd Nando WDC~

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEABGsYfJos

He replies to Jenson at 4m 05s heh

And a dig at Lewis at the end of his response.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

RIP Nando-san

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

RIP Nando-san

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEABGsYfJos

He replies to Jenson at 4m 05s heh

And a dig at Lewis at the end of his response.

Nando posted:

Ah! Yeenson! I mees you, sending big hug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

gently caress you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPaJSGDqS0

• Locked thread