Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

just redo the training mission until you get all purps
start off by throwing poison shuriken until it procs, keep using the grabbing move if you are using kurisagama, followed by single attack, goes down in about a minute

That's fine, except the level range on the weapon drops is 70ish, and I'm now level 100ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

verbal enema posted:

How you displaying the numerical amount of HP and ki

it's in the options.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Lifeseal Talisman was definitely the way to go with Muneshige, so thanks whoever suggested that. Not sure how you're expected to win without it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Yokai Pots are choice in the duels versus human opponents.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

fadam posted:

The Yokai Pots are choice in the duels versus human opponents.

What do they do?

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

Mr.Citrus posted:

That's fine, except the level range on the weapon drops is 70ish, and I'm now level 100ish.

guessing it costs stupid money to soul match at that point

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

What do they do?

They drain a shitload of stamina. You can throw one, run up and do an axe heavy attack and immediately get a free grapple.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Guess I get to farm Hanzo for ninja gear instead of crafting.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm getting a chilly reception from a certain boss encounter in the third region. Any advice for for Yuki-Onna?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

fadam posted:

They drain a shitload of stamina. You can throw one, run up and do an axe heavy attack and immediately get a free grapple.
Works on the bat boss too.

I think I'm under leveled entering area 5. I've completed all of the side quests so far as well.

The next mission is 90-something and I'm about 72.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

SLOSifl posted:

Works on the bat boss too.

I think I'm under leveled entering area 5. I've completed all of the side quests so far as well.

The next mission is 90-something and I'm about 72.

Offering your gear at this point can regularly net you 30000 from normal gathering. If you arent crafting that helps level a lot.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do I need to battle revenants?

I kinda just battle them whenever I feel like it and didn't know if I'm missing out on stuff.

Well I did kill one and I got a purple axe at like level three and that thing does like 400 damage

Also I'd you do the spinning top power attack with the axe don't do it in an open area. All the bad guys laughed when I hit then once knocked then all back and then they beat the poo poo outta me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone have a fave element? I've been leaning hard on water because damage increases are inherently good, but I feel I should experiment with a few of the others.

Lightning and water are my favorites. Water because of the defense and resistance debuffs, and lightning because it's a mini Sloth Talisman.

Deptfordx posted:

Nah, It's Bloodborne all over again. I could maybe grind/cheese my way through the first half of the game, but I'd eventually reach a point I just couldn't get past, and this is kicking my rear end way harder than the start of Bloodborne was.

I need a slower pace, a stout shield to hide behind and the ability to spam magic through the tricky bits in one of these sort of games. That's what go me through the Dark Souls trilogy.

Nioh allows for blocking, though! Wear heavy armor--it makes it so you lose less Ki (stamina) when you get hit. Blocking is even better than in Dark Souls, because it's 360 degrees. If you're holding block, you'll even block attacks from behind. Tank builds are completely viable in Nioh, unlike Bloodborne.

tap my mountain posted:

No I don't believe there is a way to extend debuff length. I think the only thing that affects debuffs is the recurrent damage dealt stat which makes poison and fire do more damage.

Huh, I wonder if it's worth it for me to level Magic very high, then. I mostly use the buff/debuff talismans, and if onmyo magic power doesn't really affect those, then I'm not sure much Magic investment is necessary. Then again, using more of the elemental weapon buff talismans than I currently am is probably a good idea, so I dunno. I wonder how much extra damage those can do with high Magic. At my current 15 Magic they add like 60-80 damage per swing, which is pretty nice already.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 12, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
You know that feel when you have a boss on the ropes and you say gently caress it and go in for the kill??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZjuY4aHbw

Yeah I know that feel.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Game just isn't grabbing me at all. I feel like I really should have liked it, but I just... don't. :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Game just isn't grabbing me at all. I feel like I really should have liked it, but I just... don't. :(

What part of it isn't working for you, fellow Bloodborne person?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ciaphas posted:

Use a spear. It's imo the best spear stuff of any game I've ever played barring DW mainly cuz I didn't unlock all the chars in dw7 the last one I owned

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Harrow posted:

What part of it isn't working for you, fellow Bloodborne person?

I'm honestly not sure. I might come back to it in a few weeks/months, I've got some ongoing IRL issues that might be causing some bad game times.

I CAN say that all the gear and stats on said is irksome though, even the vast array of different stats is a bit much and not what I really wanted from the game (even if it's 90% ignorable, it's still there)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yodzilla posted:

You know that feel when you have a boss on the ropes and you say gently caress it and go in for the kill??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZjuY4aHbw

Yeah I know that feel.

That tail grab is a nasty surprise. I actually laughed at it, I haven't actually seen a boss do a grab attack from behind like that before. But with the tail animation, it makes sense. And then you watch for it next time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Can you get yellow traits on reforge?

If I reforge a yellow. Will it be another yellow?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I'm honestly not sure. I might come back to it in a few weeks/months, I've got some ongoing IRL issues that might be causing some bad game times.

I CAN say that all the gear and stats on said is irksome though, even the vast array of different stats is a bit much and not what I really wanted from the game (even if it's 90% ignorable, it's still there)

Yeah, I guess I can't really help with that because I don't mind the gear. It's mostly ignorable for sure, and most of the stats don't really matter unless you're trying to min-max super hard. Like the only real stat I really care about on my armor right now is that my pants give me +9% running speed and that owns. But if it just being there and the showers of loot and stuff is annoying, that's definitely never going to get better.

I will say that if you're having trouble with groups (I think I saw a post of yours a while ago about that) it helps that ranged combat is really strong and you can one-shot most humanoid enemies with a bow or rifle headshot. That helps a ton for thinning out groups. It's one of those things where going in like it's Bloodborne, it'll be a lot harder than it needs to be, but you have a bunch of options you don't have in that, like 100% physical block and crazy strong ranged weapons.

For what it's worth I still like Bloodborne better for several reasons, though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What guardian spirit is everybody rocking currently?

I'm bat-man.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm bat-man.

Butterfly ninja.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Reforging a yellow trait does NOT give you another yellow.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm bat-man.
Pair of puppies. They do a cute job of guarding my grave and are good puppies.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Axe is so fun, but the stances seem really bad. What powers in the tree have you guys messed around with? I've been getting by with literally just high stance triangle.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fadam posted:

Axe is so fun, but the stances seem really bad. What powers in the tree have you guys messed around with? I've been getting by with literally just high stance triangle.

High stance Square is actually not too bad for crawling enemies, mid-stance is good all around. I never use low stance axe.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, I wish I had more shortcut slots. I need one page just for throwables, one for talismans, one for healing/buffs...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

fadam posted:

What weapon? Some are more useful then other. Dual katana I was dancing between stances.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I guess stances was kind of confusing language. I meant the sheathed weapon power-up things that give you increased defense etc. The fact that they neuter your movement seems like it makes them pretty worthless.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm bat-man.

Enko the rad as hell tiger.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

Butterfly ninja.

Truly fearsome :)

SLOSifl posted:

Pair of puppies. They do a cute job of guarding my grave and are good puppies.

The dual puppers are super cute, I was doing them for awhile. Also their pokemon attack ability is pretty wild.

Harrow posted:

Enko the rad as hell tiger.

Enko is super rad. Are you doing spear? Seems like Fire Spear, Red Demon Set and Enko would be a great combo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I wish I had more shortcut slots. I need one page just for throwables, one for talismans, one for healing/buffs...

Yeah this is a serious problem. You can at least ready all the jutsu you want and change what is equipped mid-level, but that's pretty lovely to have to do. We need a 3rd hotkey set if not more.

Also kinda wish elixirs were a dedicated button like in bloodborne. Lots of times I go to hit elixir but I'm on the wrong page, and I end up casting some spell that puts me in a long animation and I get murdered. :(

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I just always switch to the newest guardian spirit I have.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Finially get a purple drop for ninja weapon set...and its a poo poo skill.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Enko is super rad. Are you doing spear? Seems like Fire Spear, Red Demon Set and Enko would be a great combo.

Equal parts spear and katana right now. Body/Heart/Skill/Spirit mostly, though I'm splashing into Magic too.

Red Demon set owns, though, and looks awesome with Enko and a fire spear. Spearfall is stupidly strong.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah this is a serious problem. You can at least ready all the jutsu you want and change what is equipped mid-level, but that's pretty lovely to have to do. We need a 3rd hotkey set if not more.

Also kinda wish elixirs were a dedicated button like in bloodborne. Lots of times I go to hit elixir but I'm on the wrong page, and I end up casting some spell that puts me in a long animation and I get murdered. :(

I just put elixers at the top of both pages.

That's right, you can bind items to seperate shortcuts on each page.

So yeah, I really o ly have 6 slots then, but that's plenty.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man action mode has 1000000 jaggies all over :c I need that pro also SHUT THE gently caress UP KODAMA HORNS YOU LITTLE TRUMPETY BASTARDS

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You take that back, kodama can do no wrong :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the conch shell for?