Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yesterday my brother dragged me over to his house to play board games with 3 of his friends

We played something called Star Wars: Imperial Assault and got our asses destroyed by the DM/Imperial player

Fun to socialize again though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
John wick is immune to hitmen in disguise as he clearly has no problems with collateral damage, so extremely yes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

I caught John wick 2 yesterday, it was very good

I liked the parts where he shot people in the head, and also the times when he shoots other parts of the body
I liked the part where he pets his dog

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The dog was a very good dog but I'm worried he'll have to get his paws dirty in the final entry into the wickiverse, JW3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Fun to socialize again though

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

tap my mountain posted:

John wick is immune to hitmen in disguise as he clearly has no problems with collateral damage, so extremely yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alsoOAzFMCo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

I liked the part where he pets his dog

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you think john wick could assassinate agent 47

this is important

gently caress no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFvUlCQ8Rw&t=795s

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

DQ7 update: I got all of the colored fragments and I'm at 180 hours :downs:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I was wondering when this news would come to a boiling point.

quote:

Millions of people have watched a Jan. 11 video by YouTube’s biggest star that included two men laughing as they held a banner that read, “Death to all Jews.”

The man behind the video is Felix Kjellberg, a 27-year-old Swede known as “PewDiePie,” who has amassed 53 million subscribers. His success has brought him multimillion-dollar deals from YouTube, which is owned by Alphabet Inc.’s Google, and Walt Disney Co., which owns a firm that runs Kjellberg’s business.

Since August, PewDiePie has posted nine videos that include anti-Semitic jokes or Nazi imagery, according to a review of his channel by The Wall Street Journal.

On Monday after the Journal contacted Disney about the videos, the entertainment giant said it was severing ties with Kjellberg, who as PewDiePie rose to prominence via clips of himself playing videogames or performing skits and making crude jokes. “Although Felix has created a following by being provocative and irreverent, he clearly went too far in this case and the resulting videos are inappropriate,” said a spokeswoman for Maker Studios, the Disney division that was business partners with PewDiePie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bye, Felicia.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol how do you not have ANYONE in your massive corporation keeping check

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol how do you not have ANYONE in your massive corporation keeping check

Its hard to employ reliable 12 yo's that could watch his stuff

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so pewdiepie's past year

- paid people to hold up a sign saying "death to the jews"
- said Hitler did nothing wrong
- claimed he would delete his channel because of a Youtube subscriber bug and then changed his mind and said "uhh lol it was a prank!! pranked!!!"
- fired by disney

as he is kicked out of the chopper and falls to his death, pdp shouts one final "cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc--"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I figure Walt Disney would be fine with a banner saying "Death to all Jews"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

so pewdiepie's past year

- paid people to hold up a sign saying "death to the jews"
- said Hitler did nothing wrong
- claimed he would delete his channel because of a Youtube subscriber bug and then changed his mind and said "uhh lol it was a prank!! pranked!!!"
- fired by disney

as he is kicked out of the chopper and falls to his death, pdp shouts one final "cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc--"

Well I mean I have no delusions that his popularity is gonna dry up or something.

But I did find it interesting this stuff was popping up in videos for over half a year now and nobody reported on it until it finally came to this.

Like I don't think Kotaku reported on any of the specific "Hidden" things but they and other outlets sure as poo poo made multiple articles during that whole third point you mentioned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

DQ7 update: I got all of the colored fragments and I'm at 180 hours :downs:

Thats fairly impressive. I beat all the postgame content in about 90 hours and that included probably 15 solid hours grinding vocations after finishing the story.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WHat's the best Wonderswan or Wonderswan Color game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

No I mean I only have all of the ones you get from doing the story, I'm still not close to finishing it as far as I can tell.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

there's an SNK version of Pokémon Trading Card Game that i think i played as a kid and i think was on WSC

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I got all excited but then realized I already own all the really really good ones on there. But anyone who doesn't holy poo poo this is amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Oh God, this is the best possible ending to that story. Now do Star Citizen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

probably not guilty gear petite but the name is cute for a chibi fighter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Well, at least someone remembered SCUD.

EDIT: This made it sound assy like I was making GBS threads on your work so I'm just going to amend that that's cool and the only reason I know of SCUD is because of the assy Saturn game.

I remember playing the SCUD demo for PC. The game was a piece of poo poo but its style was so unique and captivating at the time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

Oh God, this is the best possible ending to that story.

Even if he never earned another cent, PewDiePie can live a life of untold luxury that people like you and I will only dream of as we toil away at our dead-end, unfulfilling jobs until automation makes them obsolete.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he looked at the numbers of future viability as his core audience grows up and the work it would take to keep them and decided to play it safe and soak up nazi patreon money for life instead

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

he looked at the numbers of future viability as his core audience grows up and the work it would take to keep them and decided to play it safe and soak up nazi patreon money for life instead

actually it's because he's a nazi

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
pew die pie is a white supremacist

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

OK I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts for the first time and this game is actually pretty bad, holy poo poo.

Everything is pretty much expected until you hit a boss battle and suddenly it's a damage race between two-hit kill attacks and your idiot teammates cramming potions up your rear end in time.

I'm at the second Ursula battle right now and it's just so, so bad. So bad.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mak0rz posted:

OK I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts for the first time and this game is actually pretty bad, holy poo poo.

Everything is pretty much expected until you hit a boss battle and suddenly it's a damage race between two-hit kill attacks and your idiot teammates cramming potions up your rear end in time.

I'm at the second Ursula battle right now and it's just so, so bad. So bad.

You're gonna memorize that cutscene

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mordja posted:

Even if he never earned another cent, PewDiePie can live a life of untold luxury that people like you and I will only dream of as we toil away at our dead-end, unfulfilling jobs until automation makes them obsolete.

Millionaire Nazi is definitely one of my favourite fantasies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

devtesla posted:

actually it's because he's a nazi

no disagreement

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lobok posted:

Millionaire Nazi is definitely one of my favourite fantasies.

Hell, same.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

no, you see, it's a kaufmanesque performance, a brand identity used as performance art, he's only PRETENDING to be a genocidal bigot in an era in which that ideology is gaining steam, because,

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In high school I played a youth Nazi in a community theater run that went a couple of weeks, and it was my first play I ever got paid for, but I had really horrible nightmares and I felt indescribably horrible every single evening as soon as I got into costume. That's my white supremacy story. Thanks for listening.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

probably not guilty gear petite but the name is cute for a chibi fighter

That is cute. Hmm, ones that I've enjoyed were Judgement Silversword and Dicing Knight. Emulated because :lol: at trying to actually get those particular two physically.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I have feeling Pewdiepie is only channeling the stupid and crass memetic internet humor in his antics. I don't think he really is an anti-semitic nazi, it's more like OMG SO EDGIE 4 TEH LOLZ!!1 xD

But then again, I try to ignore him as much as possible. He might even be a member of the populist Sweden Democrats for all I know.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Rexroom posted:

I have feeling Pewdiepie is only channeling the stupid and crass memetic internet humor in his antics. I don't think he really is an anti-semitic nazi, it's more like OMG SO EDGIE 4 TEH LOLZ!!1 xD

But then again, I try to ignore him as much as possible. He might even be a member of the populist Sweden Democrats for all I know.

I disagree. There is a line between being edgy and calling for people to be killed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He probably is just being an edgelord but there's so little difference in terms of impact that it doesn't really matter, it's really loving stupid of him to do

especially being repped by companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

StrixNebulosa posted:

I disagree. There is a line between being edgy and calling for people to be killed.

We're in an agreement there. The line is just in a different place in the eyes of stupid people.

• Locked thread