Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

How do you want them to present it

"hey you loving idiots"

Presenting it without giving themselves the longest pat on the back for it would've been nice.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Yeah I posted it earlier.

The thing I forgot to post about that's already been deleted was boogie2988 trying to do a hot take on Twitter and burn Disney in the process by posting a picture of that scene that has Donald Duck saluting from "Der Fuher's Face" and going "Hmmmm looks like Disney themselves are allowed to make Nazi jokes HMMMM." without realizing the historical context and that the message of Der Fuher's Face was explicitly saying that life for the average person under Nazi Germany actually sucked guys we should really go and beat up Hitler.

I'm glad pewds got dropped. His excuse was "I didn't know the guys were going to actually do the anti-jew thing!!" and then when he saw they did do it and reacted with shock he put it in the video anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Quest For Glory II posted:

mario golf's DLC was fuckin dope

mario golf was insanely dope in general to the point where I'm pretty sure Nintendo just forgot to check on the mario golf team for a couple years and then realized they'd accidentally produced a good game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Does anybody actually know what constitutes hard mode or is there just a lot of hand wringing because you assume Nintendo will gently caress it up?

If they pulled a Master Quest it seems like it'd be worth it. If it's just a Hero Mode thing though yeah that's dumb.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Does anybody actually know what constitutes hard mode or is there just a lot of hand wringing because you assume Nintendo will gently caress it up?

If they pulled a Master Quest it seems like it'd be worth it. If it's just a Hero Mode thing though yeah that's dumb.

I'm not opposed to them adding a Master Quest-style hard mode in post-launch DLC, of course. But right now we have no idea if that's what it'll be or if it'll just be like Hero Mode, and they're asking people to buy the expansion pass basically on faith that it'll be worth it.

I also don't really have a problem with season passes, just with season passes that tell you close to nothing about what they actually contain. The Witcher 3's was fine, because we had a good amount of detail up-front about what Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine would consist of, but this announcement is just so vague that there's no way of knowing if it's worth your money or not.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

I'm glad pewds got dropped. His excuse was "I didn't know the guys were going to actually do the anti-jew thing!!" and then when he saw they did do it and reacted with shock he put it in the video anyway

I'm patiently waiting now to see if the Game Theory guy will actually attempt to do yet another PDP video on this topic.

And how horrible will the video title/icon be?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Yeah I posted it earlier.

The thing I forgot to post about that's already been deleted was boogie2988 trying to do a hot take on Twitter and burn Disney in the process by posting a picture of that scene that has Donald Duck saluting from "Der Fuher's Face" and going "Hmmmm looks like Disney themselves are allowed to make Nazi jokes HMMMM." without realizing the historical context and that the message of Der Fuher's Face was explicitly saying that life for the average person under Nazi Germany actually sucked guys we should really go and beat up Hitler.

yes because it's not as if disney's loving management has changed in over 60 years you obese dipshit. what is it about playing games on youtube for a living that breaks people's brains.

I don't think this dude is a fascist nazi but he was a loving moron thinking he'd get away free. Of all the wacky things you could pay people to do with a Fiverr account, why was this the phrase that came to mind first? For a "joke" it's the dumbest loving thing you could go with in 2017.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Haha gently caress off, welcome to the future where Hero Mode is dlc

edit: it's $20 by the way in case you can't be bothered to look it up

Why the gently caress isn't hard mode in by default

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why the gently caress isn't hard mode in by default

That would be too easy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm patiently waiting now to see if the Game Theory guy will actually attempt to do yet another PDP video on this topic.

And how horrible will the video title/icon be?

PEWDIE THEORY: Is PEWDIEPIE trying to BURN HIS REPUTATION with YOUTUBE??!

edit: Although some people suspect he actually is doing that for one reason or another so who knows

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was like, boogie2988, that name sounds familiar, is he a poster here, and then I remembered that he received the Keighley for Trending Gamer 2016

Edit: seriously how many YouTubers rely on the "I'm real mad at poo poo" schtick, I am in agreement with the comment above that something like that would get exhausting to watch quickly

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Blackfyre posted:

My full on ignorance is showing but I can't remember another mainline Zelda/Ninty game that had DLC like this? Not a big Zelda at least?

I can only remember Fire Emblem having some maps etc but I wasn't thrilled with how that was handled overall either but there was a heckuva lot of content in the main game and the additional stuff didn't seem too major.

The additional dungeons better not just be sitting there in the main world in BotW but not accessible unless you pay, taunting people. Wouldn't be best taste.

They could have an NPC with a quest marker to tell you about the dungeon with a link to the store page like in Dragon Age: Origins.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Steep is already discounted to 30 bucks on PS4, not sure about other platforms. imo it still doesn't have enough content to be worth even that which is a massive shame.
Yeah I would nab it for 20 because it's fun to gently caress around going down slopes, but that's about my limit. There is supposed to be a feature to make your own routes to share as competition but I had so much trouble with some of the built in ones I'm not sure I would bother. Like the third or fourth one I tried ever has you snowboarding among a bunch of fences and cabins and I just gave up trying to get a gold rating on that. The controls are far too loose (like actual snow I suppose) for me to manage that without umpteen retries.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:shrug:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was like, boogie2988, that name sounds familiar, is he a poster here, and then I remembered that he received the Keighley for Trending Gamer 2016

Edit: seriously how many YouTubers rely on the "I'm real mad at poo poo" schtick, I am in agreement with the comment above that something like that would get exhausting to watch quickly

I didn't realize he doubled down after deleting the tweet and wow:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831354507145650176

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yes, the burning question of "When is it OK to be racist", that philosophical conundrum.

Trending Gamer 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This PewDiePie thing is hilarious. One of the dumbest ways to blow one's career. Still, he'll live but just lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"write better and actually funny jokes" is good advice for a guy who literally used to just scream "im raping poo poo" over and over. too bad career youtubers are socially inept and incapable of subtlety

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Looks like Mario is getting hit with a snowball or something. I like how the Koopas and like WTF!?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder if that Twitter avatar is a self portrait.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Like, it's not like you can never make jokes about race, but "when it's OK to be antisemitic" is "never, dude," which is the same answer for "When is it OK to be racist?" or "When is it OK to be misogynist?" and so on.

There's a difference between a joke about race and a racist joke. There's also a difference between a joke that makes fun of Nazis and a "joke" that just looks like some people being antisemitic.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This thread is scrambling over itself to own boogie without reading his tweets

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I agree that it's ok to make racist/whatever jokes as long as the nature of the joke makes it clear you are not intending to offend people. Humor should not be gated by the possibility of offending people and in my opinion to do so empowers people who do use racist/etc humor to offend.

Pewdiepie did not do that, he paid some guys to hold up a sign that said kill all jews or whatever and then said "no but I didn't want them to do that". That's not making a joke, that's being a dumbass.

edit

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831350300967653376

also what grapplejack said

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

This thread is scrambling over itself to own boogie without reading his tweets

pretty sure he got selfowned enough already by deleting a dumber version of what he said, also by being a fat sweaty ragegamer

CJacobs posted:

I agree that it's ok to make racist/whatever jokes as long as the nature of the joke makes it clear you are not intending to offend people. Humor should not be gated by the possibility of offending people and in my opinion to do so empowers people who do use racist/etc humor to offend.

Pewdiepie did not do that, he paid some guys to hold up a sign that said kill all jews or whatever and then said "no but I didn't want them to do that". That's not making a joke, that's being a dumbass.

edit

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831350300967653376

also what grapplejack said

yeh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

I agree that it's ok to make racist/whatever jokes as long as the nature of the joke makes it clear you are not intending to offend people.
how do you tell a racist joke that isnt offensive

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean, on the one hand: I'm glad he acknowledges that Pewdiepie went too far. But on the other hand, why are you jumping on Twitter to defend a joke that you didn't even know the details of? I'd be pretty embarrassed, too.

I don't mean to dogpile, Boogie seems like a generally okay dude, but I dunno, know what you're defending before jumping into a controversial topic?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

how do you tell a racist joke that isnt offensive

Jokes about race are by nature offensive, but I guess what I meant is that you can do it without offending people's sensibilities or intending to hurt them. It's important to make that clear before you make the joke, and not by saying "I'm not racist but". Because if you do it afterward you look like an idiot like Pewdiepie.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Intent isn't the magical get-out card of offending people that the internet thinks it is, hope this helps

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think racism is bad, and I do not care who knows it!!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Racially themed humor is always going to offend somebody but it helps to 1: Have some kind of a point or shared experience you're drawing from that goes beyond "people who are different from me are bad!" and 2: Actually be funny.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mfcrocker posted:

Intent isn't the magical get-out card of offending people that the internet thinks it is, hope this helps

Not all the time, no, but it can be if you can justify it. In the case of Pewdiepie, obviously he knew people would be offended because he reacted with shock, and then he put it in the video regardless- so for him to later say "I didn't mean to offend anyone" is bullshit.

edit: And maybe I'm not giving him enough credit, maybe he really did mean for it to be in good humor. For people to laugh along with it and say "ha ha I can't believe those guys actually did it, the absolute madmen!" But the problem if that is the case is that he paid them to say that

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 14, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh man, I guess this isn't happening now:

I prepared the poster for printing and everything.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dude could have put literally any wacky cheesemonkey poo poo on the message and it would have been the same result but instead he decided to be a retard about things as usual. he'll still make money from whoever signs him next though but it's good to know that even after being shamed to poo poo about his previous work he's still at his core a loving moron who doesn't know anything about how to do business like an adult

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone is hella salty about pewdiepie lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Regardless of what was written on the sign the basic premise behind the joke is that a rich white guy is surprised to learn than a poor person in a developing country would do almost anything for any kind of money that would help alleviate crushing poverty. Truly the stuff of jokesters.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Everyone is hella salty about pewdiepie lol

pewdiepie and zelda dlc...I rate valentines day games chat thread at a solid 2.5/10 so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

pewdiepie and zelda dlc...I rate valentines day games chat thread at a solid 2.5/10 so far

In an alternate universe I've been playing Persona 5 since midnight last night and haven't peed yet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

racial joke i've been working on: the smw goombas are insanely ugly filth that need to never appear again 😄

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Palpek posted:

Oh man, I guess this isn't happening now:

I prepared the poster for printing and everything.

God dang I had to load this in my phone to see it (work) but man that looks super awful.

What is up with Youtube Red.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

In Training posted:

In an alternate universe I've been playing Persona 5 since midnight last night and haven't peed yet

April can't come soon enough. At least there is time now to get a catheter sorted out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

racial joke i've been working on: the smw goombas are insanely ugly filth that need to never appear again 😄

What about the goomba stand-ins from Mario Sunshine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium posted:

so much for the 'tolerant SMWs'

• Locked thread