Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

boner confessor posted:

0 posts of goons actually caring about politics

The people who yell about it never seem to see it this way for stupid rear end reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

More like bad job nerds.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

More like bad job nerds.

More like whiny manbabies who don't have high-paying jobs that demand relocation to urban population centers amirite? #woke

Because we all live in our mother's basements, is what I mean.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

More like whiny manbabies who don't have high-paying jobs that demand relocation to urban population centers amirite? #woke

Because we all live in our mother's basements, is what I mean.

You know what would be weird? If we all lived in the same basement.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You know what would be weird? If we all lived in the same basement.

i think it would be nice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

all the gbs posters huddled around the coffee table playing boardgames. it seems like it would be fun

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Hell Yeah posted:

all the gbs posters huddled around the coffee table playing boardgames. it seems like it would be fun

(posts one of the like 5 goonmeet pics people share that are from like 20 years ago at this point)

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

(posts one of the like 5 goonmeet pics people share that are from like 20 years ago at this point)

no try not to focus on the bad things. what if we played star wars trivial pursuit?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

no try not to focus on the bad things. what if we played star wars trivial pursuit?

I'm sorry but I my supervisor listens to the score to Star Wars literally every night, so I hate Star Wars now.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I care about politics, just not so much the confluence of politics and bad movie criticism

gently caress movies

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Hell Yeah posted:

There... is... another... Star Wars... Boooardddgaaaay

No seriously it has like 150 Star Wars miniatures hrng.

But it's only 2player, with a 3-player-ish option.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

revdrkevind posted:

There... is... another... Star Wars... Boooardddgaaaay

No seriously it has like 150 Star Wars miniatures hrng.

But it's only 2player, with a 3-player-ish option.

this sounds awful i'd much rather play trivial pursuit than some kind of weird game with miniatures

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I knew I had to cut down on The Simpsons when I was a kid after a friend and I went in a Simpsons Trivial Pursuit game, and it was no challenge because we both knew the answers to every single question without fail.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
let's play gay chicken and lose on purpose.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

dreezy posted:

whats gay chicken friend?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hemale in pain posted:

whats gay chicken friend?

Not much, what's gay with you?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

priznat posted:

I love Rich but there is such a thing as TOO MUCH Rich.

What in the actual gently caress?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Libelous Slander posted:

What in the actual gently caress?

I know, it was a moment of insanity I had. I'm better now.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hell Yeah posted:

I unironically play star wars risk occasionally

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

LordArgh posted:

which side are they obviously taking?
the triad seems to be centrist democrats. jack is prob the most left of the extended 5 but still a very strong capitalist going by pre rec streams i've seen

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
if you think that maybe if someone makes light jabs at online buzzword trends might mean they are frog-worshipping nazis then I'm not sure how you still post among GBS-goers

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How many hours of pre rec do I need to watch to learn rich's opinion on steel tarrifs?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Rich clearly has nordic runes tattoo'd all up and down his back in support of the aryan nation gang he joined in prison.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

dreezy posted:

Losing in gay chicken is when you pull away first. What you want there is a long committed stalemate.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You just need to keep halving the distance between your lips and theirs and you'll never lose.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Why is so much of the RLM thread spent wildly speculating about the inner philosophies and sexual mores of a bunch of Midwesterners?

Because that's what this thread is for. This thread turns to poo poo when it becomes 10 pages of worthless movie opinions.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The trailer for space cop looks awesome, is it awesome?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

boner confessor posted:

40 posts of goons yelling at each other for caring too much about politics

0 posts of goons actually caring about politics

good job nerds

I realize that goons are way too cool to ever actually admit to caring about something, but questions and effort post responses and declaring how awful it would be if RLM thought a thing is basically the same as caring.

dreezy posted:

how many of the rlm boys do you think are secretly ayn rand fans? and is it bad that I suspect it's mike rich and jay?

Baronjutter posted:

I hate the fact that if mike or jay suddenly came out with some alt-right screed it would sour the whole thing for me. At the moment they manage to piss off only the most extremes of "both sides" since you have to be the type to even notice that sort of stuff. They'll point out lovely sexism and racism in movies and say that's bad, but also sometimes they make off-colour jokes or roll their eyes at tumblr politics. I think they're pretty ok dudes but don't want to be proven wrong.

For some people out there not liking ghostbusters makes you a crypto-altright anti-feminist. I've run into a couple people who say RLM is just gamergate levels of sexism and alt-right hatred because they really hammered on ghostbusters. No I didn't watch their videos but anyone who publicly makes a big deal about saying the movie is bad is clearly virtue-signalling they are on team alt-right, obviously. It's the only reason to not like it.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'd like to think the RLM gang is less alt-right and more "tweaking the noses of easily offended people on both sides". At least I hope so

Also there was one PreReq where Rich was kind of pooh-poohing the protests against Trump, but more in a "he won, protesting now just looks like sour grapes, let's at least wait until he inevitably fucks up" kind of way. While Jack was much more on the "it's their Constitutional right and good on 'em for exercising it" side of things. So Jack's definitely OK in my book :patriot:

boner confessor posted:

they're just moderate midwesterners with lower levels of cultural awareness outside of pop culture and film stuff. there was that one wheel of the worst with s.o.s. and none of them could recognize written japanese on the back of the box. jack and rich are video game nerds, what kind of video game nerd doesn't at least know what japanese looks like

but yeah they just make crass jokes. mike likes to make highly off-color jokes and this is mistaken for alt-right sensibility when really he'd make fun of alt-right internet nerds too if they crossed his path. look at how much all of them piss on star wars fandom and turbonerd star wars geeks

WampaLord posted:

I can guarantee they aren't alt-right, people who are loving never hide that fact for long.

WampaLord posted:

Jack even had that whole bit of "I'm not a gun nut" when talking about Exploding Varmints, it was clear he didn't want to come across as a gun person/conservative.

and obviously Jay is gay and liberal as gently caress, he loves arthouse movies for gently caress's sake.

Grevling posted:

Jessi has the whole "I'm a woman but I don't like feminists" thing going on, and it'd be weird if she and Mike had too opposing views on that. On the other hand, in one WotW it sounded like Mike didn't like Trump and his cabinet picks.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Space Taxi posted:

Because that's what this thread is for. This thread turns to poo poo when it becomes 10 pages of worthless movie opinions.

When they release things are more serious and less comedic then the thread turns that way too. There are only so many jokes one can make about Beautiful Space Fascists, eventually the seriousposters come out of hiding and reign for a while.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just got back from John Wick Chapter 2 and I really hope they do a Half in the Bag on it.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's the best episode of Half in the Bag?

I find myself quoting Rogue One alot, because it makes me think of movies that are designed to strictly make you go "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

AT..... STs?!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mr. F! posted:

Yeah it's got Disneyesque production values.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Archaic posted:

I find myself quoting Rogue One alot, because it makes me think of movies that are designed to strictly make you go "I KNOW WHAT THAT IS"

I've found myself yelling YOURE HITTING IT OUT THE loving PARK <insert brand> a lot more. (which video is that even from)

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Mr. F! posted:

Canonically, no it's terrible. Confidentially, I really liked it. I recommend it. Don't tell anyone.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

kingcom posted:

I've found myself yelling YOURE HITTING IT OUT THE loving PARK <insert brand> a lot more. (which video is that even from)

Nerd Crew 2.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Baronjutter posted:

AT..... STs?!

AT-STs! :buddy:
(ad infinitum)

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I've also been saying Me personally I love <X> a lot.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Staaaaar destroyers! I'm gonna cuuuuuum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gently caress your AT-STs, when are MT-ATs going to make the leap from the old EU to the new EU? A bigass spider mech chasing some heroes through a mountain pass would make an ok action scene.

• Locked thread