Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cake Boss is the final Kaiju in that show, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I can't enjoy JJ because of this. The excuse they gave for why she did it doesn't hold water and makes both her and Carol look like absolute monsters.

Carol really doesn't need any help with this, what has she done to make her (and JJ) even shittier?

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
The other thing about that big speech in JJ is that it's a little hard for me not to read it as authorial commentary. Come to think of it, I've always struggled to make sense of Bendis' stuff from a thematic standpoint.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Clawtopsy posted:

Carol really doesn't need any help with this, what has she done to make her (and JJ) even shittier?

She convinced Jessica to make her husband believe that she was breaking up their marriage and taking their child away from him in order to flush out someone targeting heroes that are hitting rock bottom.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol gently caress off Marvel.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

She convinced Jessica to make her husband believe that she was breaking up their marriage and taking their child away from him in order to flush out someone targeting heroes that are hitting rock bottom.

i only have image macros to explain my incredulity, as words fail me

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

poo poo looks sick man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cap that's not very secret

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
It's weird because Hickman clearly showed how terrible a decision it was to destroy other universes to save their own and yet since then we've had Cyclops = Hitler, Pleasant Hill (I think this wouldn't have been so bad if it had been limited to the biggest monsters rather than including the T-Bolts etc), CWII, and the Inhumans being so clearly in the wrong against the mutants (thankfully the Nuhumans seemingly now realise this), on top of Jessica Jones, which I cannot wrap my head around doing*. It's like simple ethics and morality is beyond certain Marvel editors and writers at the moment. :confused:

*I don't see why she couldn't have told Luke and have him act this part either, as taking someone's child and hiding them is horrendous, especially on top of a cruel deception... to catch a no-name lady who poses a dubious threat to Carol Freakin' Danvers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gotta double down on the Carol makes the hard choices train.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

C'mon dudes. Just start at #1.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 14, 2017

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Teenage Fansub posted:

C'mon dudes. Just start at #1.

marvel have been taken over by computer programmers

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Lovechop posted:

poo poo looks sick man

Why are there pouches on his forearms?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

frodnonnag posted:

THE 90'S ARE BACK.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

frodnonnag posted:

To carry stuff, idiot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's got a Hydra symbol on his chest, he's got pouches on his forearms, WE GET IT, he's evil.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Like I spent all God drat morning thinking about this. Wouldn't they screw with him using his shield? Wouldn't like anything kept in them get smashed easily? They are so damned useless its bugging me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WHAT

https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/status/831532894447362048

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/831530248948838400

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Friendly Neighborhood Mustard-Stain

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now if only someone can pry Amazing away from Slott.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo yes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I never realized how much I wanted a Zdarsky Spider-Man until now.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Oh holy god above, yes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

let's continue the slott tradition of all spider-man runs being better than amazing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guess I'm buying Spider-Man again.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been wanting a Zdarsky Spider-Man since his appearances in Howard the Duck.

I doubt this will be like that, but I can hope!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chip Zdarsky posted:

Your head’s going to spin when you see all the senior citizen characters I introduce! Marvel keeps telling me to “skew young” and to keep my “weird fetishes out of their book” and that I’m “fired,” but I think audiences are clamoring for the next Aunt May!

EW has an interview with him about it.

http://ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-zdarsky-peter-parker-spectacular-spider-man/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This is phenomenally good news

e: it whips rear end

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Zdarsky's May is the Best May. When Howard ended, I was more upset about losing her than Howard and Tara, and I liked Howard and Tara.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Good thing that Mephisto took away Spidey's marriage...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well I'm excited.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lovechop posted:

poo poo looks sick man

I like to imagine that's a full chest Hydra tattoo.

And drat, Marvel I can't give you any more money, but a Zdarsky Spider-Man comic? Yes please!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

quote:

The book sounds almost like a “back to basics” approach for Spider-Man. What do you think are the basic, essential components of the character?
He’s misunderstood and underestimated, either as Pete or Spider-Man. He’s the mascot for New York City, and, like a sports mascot, that means he’s beloved by children and endured by adults. He’s the only street-level superhero who could beat a herald of Galactus in a fight. He feels things stronger than any other hero and covers that up with jokes. He’s Spider-Man!

So, so psyched.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I've never been a fan of the "makes jokes as a defence mechanism" thing but "he feels things stronger than any other hero" sounds really spot-on. I've never thought about him like that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IUG posted:

Goddamn

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

Guess I'm buying Spider-Man again.
You mean you've not been buying Renew Your Vows?

IUG posted:

I don't get it.
:confused:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lobok posted:

I've never been a fan of the "makes jokes as a defence mechanism" thing but "he feels things stronger than any other hero" sounds really spot-on. I've never thought about him like that.

Yeah, that's the line that sold me. I am a fan of the "makes jokes as a defense mechanism" thing, but that's because I do that; "he feels things stronger than any other hero" is maybe the most succinct view of Spider-Man I've ever read. It's perfect.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't get it.

Do you see that goat over there?

I guess I'm asking if you goatsee.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So, so psyched.

Lobok posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, that's the line that sold me. I am a fan of the "makes jokes as a defense mechanism" thing, but that's because I do that; "he feels things stronger than any other hero" is maybe the most succinct view of Spider-Man I've ever read. It's perfect.

This is a writer who understands Peter Parker. I am as on board as you can get for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

You mean you've not been buying Renew Your Vows?

I don't get it.

Fair enough, I meant 'in-continuity Spider-Man."

• Locked thread