Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WebDO posted:

So I have the Furion, the Chizuru, the Bartz, and the CoDfish. (Also Noctis)

Naturally all my best stuff (basically dual wield) is on Noctis. Of the others, which should I be trying to turn into my secondary DPS?

If you've got 2 Lockes, get two rising suns and get CoD maxed. He's so versatile with comeback and Omniveil.

No Lockes, go cheese whiz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

If you've got 2 Lockes, get two rising suns and get CoD maxed. He's so versatile with comeback and Omniveil.

No Lockes, go cheese whiz.

I have two Lockes, but my priority when I start macros again is still joining the 800 club with Noctis if I eventually can so I can finally also help out goons

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
THE BEAST AWAKENS

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I had no idea Champion's Belt gave 30 ATK as well as the knuckle boost, I would have prioritized Snow in the TM grind a while ago.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

yeah but they'll accidentally release a totally accidentally busted character during the fourth of july event, fred hotdogs, who has innate tricast somehow on his aoe ignore defense nuke

I mean he's good but he's no johnny hamburger. I'd just save for him.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Vax posted:

THE BEAST AWAKENS

I genuinely wonder if pre -enhancements that a fully BiS Yun is better than the equivalent Firion. Does access to blade mastery + innate killers outdo Yuns kit?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I genuinely wonder if pre -enhancements that a fully BiS Yun is better than the equivalent Firion. Does access to blade mastery + innate killers outdo Yuns kit?

The flexibility is also real nice. If you want to do something besides Wind damage, Firion is a lot easier to rejigger.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Excuse you, his name is johnny fiveguys.

(Imagine five bediles on the edge of a cliff.)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah ok, I've seen my Firion basically solo the SoM event so maybe he actually rules

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Vax, just out of curiosity, what happens if you give Yun Equip Spear and the Twin Lance? It's ludicrous that his normal attack is 4 hits as it is, but I want to see if it's possible to hit Auto and let Yun attack for a solid 2 minutes a turn. Or even add an Aurora Scarf on top of that for maximum normal attacks.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Vax, just out of curiosity, what happens if you give Yun Equip Spear and the Twin Lance? It's ludicrous that his normal attack is 4 hits as it is, but I want to see if it's possible to hit Auto and let Yun attack for a solid 2 minutes a turn. Or even add an Aurora Scarf on top of that for maximum normal attacks.

I know that Twin Lance and Aurora Scarf do not stack, I don't know about either of those and his passive, though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

There's a Firion on my friends list with around 860 attack (it's a 100% BiS Firion). Against anything his killer passives apply to that Firion should be considerably better than Yun.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Last night to throw tickets at the Secret of Mana banner and grind candy. It all goes away at server reset.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im feeling the pinch of tilith being a mediocre healing right now as content keeps getting harder and she still lingers without a 6*. I have no refia but I do have a luka. I really dont know If I should burn through all my gigantuars to get her up if I could be spending them in a week or two on 6* wol

Also the lack of having concrete proof that enhancements are going to reach here. Lukas are actually really interesting

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 17, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if these past few events are any indication you'll be swimming in more gigantaurs in short order

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

if these past few events are any indication you'll be swimming in more gigantaurs in short order

I just buy all the tickets, gigantaur, any awakening materials I have less than 30 of, and go back to macroing.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im feeling the pinch of tilith being a mediocre healing right now as content keeps getting harder and she still lingers without a 6*. I have no refia but I do have a luka. I really dont know If I should burn through all my gigantuars to get her up if I could be spending them in a week or two on 6* wol

Also the lack of having concrete proof that enhancements are going to reach here. Lukas are actually really interesting

The wiki considers Luka the #1 healer "tied" with Refia.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

The wiki considers Luka the #1 healer "tied" with Refia.

I think Refia wins out with dual cast, because Luka's heal is an ability not white magic. But Luka's heal cures most ailments and bypasses the "no white magic" limit on some stages.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dangerous.hotdog posted:

i cant believe you're betraying your hotdog brethren like this

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Trials of Love ELT will remain unfinished, but if I'd been significantly luckier with pulls and gotten into TM macroing long before January this year it would have been done day one. Despite knowing the patterns and keeping track, loving piece of poo poo Asscracksas RNG. March of Beasts done without deaths though..

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
drat I really wish I could tm macro. I've got a Firion but with only 1 dual wield and no Zidanes left since I accidentally smooshed them together I'm thinking I'm probably better off letting it ride on my noctis. Don't have any other tms atm although I am getting somewhat close to an Excalibur or double hand depending on which one I spend some moogles on. It takes a whole slew of stuff to make Firion top out over noctis right?

I don't have most of the units for that earlier list, so I'm guessing my time is better off spent on getting 1 or 2 more tms for noctis rather than 4 or 5 or 6 or 8 for Firion. How do you guys think he would do with something like doublehand enluei of dual wield and a single tm sword? Is it better to stick as much as I can on noctis or try and spread the love a little bit and try to get both of them somewhat respectable? Noctis is at 626 right now fully potted up, which is not awful or anything and hopefully Excalibur will bump that up a tick soon

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Pokemaster #421 posted:

drat I really wish I could tm macro. I've got a Firion but with only 1 dual wield and no Zidanes left since I accidentally smooshed them together I'm thinking I'm probably better off letting it ride on my noctis. Don't have any other tms atm although I am getting somewhat close to an Excalibur or double hand depending on which one I spend some moogles on. It takes a whole slew of stuff to make Firion top out over noctis right?

I don't have most of the units for that earlier list, so I'm guessing my time is better off spent on getting 1 or 2 more tms for noctis rather than 4 or 5 or 6 or 8 for Firion. How do you guys think he would do with something like doublehand enluei of dual wield and a single tm sword? Is it better to stick as much as I can on noctis or try and spread the love a little bit and try to get both of them somewhat respectable? Noctis is at 626 right now fully potted up, which is not awful or anything and hopefully Excalibur will bump that up a tick soon

My computer is old, and my Nox instance freezes up after 4 or 5 hours, but thats plenty enough for a respectable macro.

Why can't you macro, its not difficult once you read through the instructions on reddit.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
My graphics card won't run nox it just crashes immediately. poo poo I'm still running Vista so it's a good ten years old. Too broke at the moment to justify buying new stuff just to run a macro for a phone game, but I don't think my resolve is going to hold out much longer. Doubly so if I end up landing a orlandoofus or some other super guy. Shoot I don't even know how much cards are these days anyway. I should probably just invest in a new tower soon regardless. There's got to be something passable out there nowadays for a few hundred that will be nice and relatively up to date

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Pokemaster #421 posted:

My graphics card won't run nox it just crashes immediately. poo poo I'm still running Vista so it's a good ten years old. Too broke at the moment to justify buying new stuff just to run a macro for a phone game, but I don't think my resolve is going to hold out much longer. Doubly so if I end up landing a orlandoofus or some other super guy. Shoot I don't even know how much cards are these days anyway. I should probably just invest in a new tower soon regardless. There's got to be something passable out there nowadays for a few hundred that will be nice and relatively up to date

If your computer is that old you might as well just upgrade the whole drat thing and get on board with windows 10.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm macroing on a 2 year old $400 laptop.

Your problem is that your computer is as powerful as the tablet its trying to emulate.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Rigel posted:

My computer is old, and my Nox instance freezes up after 4 or 5 hours, but thats plenty enough for a respectable macro.

Why can't you macro, its not difficult once you read through the instructions on reddit.

I'm telling this again and again: You don't necessarily have to macro 247 if you don't burn Lapis.

Just calculate your downtime for a full refill and boot up your emulator when reached. That's of course not true for scenarios where you know you will be longer away than your calculated downtime is. Or if you are just lazy.

Anyway, it's a good way to grind efficiently if you have an unstable relationship with your emulator. Or just don't want to let your PC running 247.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Every time I run Nox and look away for a bit I always come back to my macro clicking circles around the play store. I'm pretty certain it's an ad popping up that gets clicked on but I'm never looking at the screen at the exact moment it happens.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Player's Choice poll up on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/peoples-choice-vote-for-your-favorite-units/753990794762803

None of my votes mattered because Noctis will win 5* and Chizuru will win 4* most likely. I already have both so I voted for Luneth and Luka.

I voted Miyuki for 3* because I have yet to pull one and could really use her TMR.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Every time I run Nox and look away for a bit I always come back to my macro clicking circles around the play store. I'm pretty certain it's an ad popping up that gets clicked on but I'm never looking at the screen at the exact moment it happens.

I swear if I don't watch Nox for at least 3 runs it knows because then it'll crash and turn the emulator into a weird checkered screen that requires me to open up task manager and exit out of the process.

EDIT: I voted for Noctis, Gaff and Garland because I don't have them. Shame they don't include global exclusives because I want Yun.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Seeing a list of them all, I didn't realize how many characters are base 4*. Like I had no idea Rosa and Garnet were base 4*.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Zidane is 100% going to win the 3*, but gently caress if i didn't laugh when I saw Shadow there as an option.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I used tickets until I got a leon. Now I guess I don't care what happens with my daily rolls because I'm sure as hell not getting emperor.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oof, I felt that 5* Fang pull in my soul. Last three have been troll rainbows. Least they're getting out of the way before Orlandu.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I voted shadow. :getin:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Final exploration of the event has all the trash mobs resist physical, so there's your warning.

And the boss is 2 mines and a captain with status immunity and phys resist, what a boring way to make a fight harder.

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 17, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

AegisP posted:

Oof, I felt that 5* Fang pull in my soul. Last three have been troll rainbows. Least they're getting out of the way before Orlandu.

I got two rainbow vaans during the Yun even. It wasn't bad enough they were both troll crystals, they had to both be the same useless rear end in a top hat. :negative: At least this event isn't bad so far. I feel like I'm missing secret passages somewhere though.

EDIT: Boss of ELT is an rear end in a top hat who resists everything and summons more dudes who resist most things. :shrug: at least they don't hide ATK+15% behind this one.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 17, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Troll rainbows are going away forever.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ul2pe/version_20_and_new_summon_system_plus_olive/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i decided to do four pulls to get to exactly 42 tickets and got three 4*s but the only one that was a base 4* was luka, who i don't mind having actually. having luka/refia/ling means i have basically all of the utility and healers i could ever want until riku comes out.

my 3* was guy! so thats okay.

edit: ^ the OP was deleted are you sure that guy isnt trolling

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Voted Noctis, Snow, and Zidane. Snow was my personal pick because I didn't have him, but I think Noctis and Zidane are people worth pulling for particularly if you're a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

edit: ^ the OP was deleted are you sure that guy isnt trolling
Not trolling, the FFBE guys released a video then pulled it.
https://imgur.com/7VxqlDZ
New global unit showcased.
We also get a new UI, a free 11 pull, the FF14 raid in March along with Type-0 part 2.

Praise the Emperor for bringing us such good tidings! Now if only I could pull him...

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 17, 2017

• Locked thread