Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

TheScott2K posted:

Hitting a little close to home?

The random keyword game was fun. Do that poo poo again, not 'people who define themselves as gamers are scum,' which we know and is boring to rehash, like a Mirthless post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Short and to the point.

quote:

I [22F] told my boyfriend [22M] I cheated on him and he's left.

I have been cheating on my boyfriend for 6 months. I don't know why I did it. He was perfect, but so was this other guy. I decided to tell him and he left. He did not say a word he just got up and left. I tried to call him and his roommate Kate answered the phone. She just said gently caress off and put the phone down. Do I try to talk to him or no?

tl;dr: Do I trying to talk to probably ex boyfriend?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

Short and to the point.

drat, Pete has the worst luck with women.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Is it weird for my [22F] boyfriend's [25M] ex [23F] to still use his Amazon Prime account?

Basically what the title says. They went out for about a year and broke up a year ago. The thing is, we've had a lot of arguments about his ex. When we first went out, she kept telling him she loved him. He didn't shut her down right away, resulting in arguments.

He doesn't talk to her much now, maybe once a month. However, I just found out that she still uses his Amazon Prime account. Is this weird? I told him she can buy her own or use the free trial. He replied that she's not doing any harm. I replied yes, she isn't but she can get her own. I also told him that I wouldn't even use my ex boyfriend's account anymore as I feel like that privilege is lost.

Please help me reddit!

tl;dr: My boyfriend's ex still uses his amazon prime account. Is this weird?

Edit: Just asked him to tell her to make her own account. He said he would talk to her about it and told me he would set up a free trial account for her.

Seriously, wtf? I told him she's a big girl and could do that on her own...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

VanSandman posted:

The random keyword game was fun. Do that poo poo again, not 'people who define themselves as gamers are scum,' which we know and is boring to rehash, like a Mirthless post.

I'm doing that one. I wanna see how many posts in I get before somebody cottons on to my secret word. Probably not many.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Put the title outside the quote box so when we quote the post it gives the title but not the word salad, making it easy to see what you're replying to without making it a scroll a thon.

Letting her have a household slot on the Prime account isn't a problem on its own. I had an ex on mine for a while, it didn't matter. In the context of him not properly severing in other ways, though, it looks bad. He's probably still into her.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Here's one for the cat lovers.

Me (34F) with my BF (41M) of 2 years. Got mad at me because I took my cat (16M) to a park for the cat's birthday. Am I really a crazy cat lady?
submitted 5 months ago by CatBirthdayParty

quote:

I've had my cat since he was 6 months old. He was an "unadoptable" rescue. He had so called unsurviveable pneumonia, and when healthy, was nothing but fear aggression. I was basically cat hospice.
Well, he lived. And he loved. He's the purring-est, snuggliest, sweetest cat. He is now a chubby 16 year old with arthritis (treated with Dasuquin, which has helped immensely, but he's not a kitten anymore).
We used to live in a first floor apartment where we could sit outside and I could read and he could be on his tie out and watch birds. Now we don't anymore.
Shortly before his 16th birthday, he slipped and/or fell off the bathroom vanity. I didn't see it happen, I only saw the cat who couldn't stand without screaming afterwards. We rushed him to the vet and miraculously nothing was broken, but that left the question of what he DID do. Even in a bad sprain, it may always be weak and he may never walk normally again, or walk at all. If he tore a tendon or ligament, it was basically over. Orthopedic surgeries and senior cats don't usually end well.
For a week and a half, we brought him food and water. We gave him his pain meds. We set him in the litter and held him up. We lifted him onto and off of the bed. It was basically a cat nursing home up in here.
Just when we thought he would never get up again, he did exactly that. Then he walked a few steps. Then it was cat PT. Making him go a little further every day. Getting his strength back up.
A month later, aside from sitting over on one hip when he sits, you would never know he had ever been hurt.
For his 16th, I loaded him into the car (which he doesn't mind at all) and took him to a park by the lake. He spent a couple hours watching ducks and warming his old bones in the sun.
My boyfriend was indignant. How the cat doesn't even know it's his birthday, what a waste of time, who does that, etc etc.
No, he doesn't know it's his birthday. But he knows he's doing something he enjoys. He knows he feels better than he had been. He knows those things.
Now it's 3 months later and my BF is STILL on about cat birthday outings. Idgi. He helped care for him when,he was injured and did probably more than I did, because I work 10 hour shifts. So I guess staying home to care for an injured cat isn't crazy cat person, but taking the cat to a park is? I mean, there's whole parks devoted to dogs where dogs can see their dog friends. So what's weird about taking a cat out for one afternoon? He's really starting to make me feel like poo poo about it.
tl;dr Senior cat was seriously injured. He recovered, and I took him to the park to celebrate his 16th bday. BF is acting like I murdered his family over it. Am I crazy?

Guess the secret word that links this post with my previous one, or possibly future ones, until somebody gets it or I run out of material.

TheScott2K posted:

Put the title outside the quote box so when we quote the post it gives the title but not the word salad, making it easy to see what you're replying to without making it a scroll a thon.

ugh, that takes effort, tho.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 17, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Me [20 F] with my video game friends [30's] of two years, we were talking about some comic book characters and somehow got on the topic of sex and both of them talking about how they are virgins.Personal issues
submitted 5 months ago by Boardgame33333

quote:

I am in a guild in a popular video game. Our guild is only 9 people but we all consistently meet- over the past two years we have had members come and go but we always stay around 8-10 members. While we have had some female members of the group every once in a while I have been the only constant one from the start. The founder of the guild- Bob- has a crush on me. Anyway, I've made it perfectly clear I'm not interested and he understands that. So no real issues there but I think in confounds the issue.

Anyway we had our normal session last Thursday. Normally after these meetings the groups talks a while and Jack and I stay on and do a fan club meeting of sorts for some mutual video series we both enjoy. We normally end up getting off topic and sending links to things to the rest of the group to look at at their leisure.

Anyway last week Bob asked us if after everyone else left the call if we could switch over to a private call between the two of us. Something Jack and I had talked about the week before was attractive comic book characters for example spiderman (Older Peter Parker edition please- not the new movie guy) is my comic crush, and he is more of a Black Widow guy.

Anyway we asked the rest of the group if they would sleep with spiderman and if not if they would do it if it was threesome with black widow.

I know it is childish but quite frankly it is fun to let loose some times. I'm pretty much a girly-girl in real life, all dresses and makeup and heels and am in school for a female dominated profession (something like teaching). I don't really have many people to have silly who would you do conversations with.

Bob was still on the call and Jack ended up asking him what he would do. Bob then said he was a virgin and just never met the right girl and is now nearing 40. Jack mentioned that he turned 30 recently and he was still as well.

All I could think about was that reddit you become a wizard if you are a virgin past 30 thing.

I am not a virgin, I've slept with a couple of men and quite a few women. I mentioned it to them but I felt really out of place. I just kinda sat on the call quietly.

Today when we played I felt really awkward. I know no one was trying to make it that way but I really don't know what to do about it.

tl;dr: Lipstick Bi-Lesbian feels weird after knowing friends virgin statuses.

I kind of feel like knowing which comic-book characters people would gently caress and in which configuration is more awkward than knowing about their level of real-world sexual experience, but... :shrug:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

Me [20 F] with my video game friends [30's] of two years, we were talking about some comic book characters and somehow got on the topic of sex and both of them talking about how they are virgins.Personal issues

I kind of feel like knowing which comic-book characters people would gently caress and in which configuration is more awkward than knowing about their level of real-world sexual experience, but... :shrug:

If you wouldn't gently caress the Moomins, you're no friend of mine.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

she;s worried now that if she drags the team down at Overwatch Jack and Bob will cast a hex on her

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
So was she 18 when the mid 30's guy pronounced his love for her over WoW?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
She doesn't seem aware that they were feeling her out for a pity gently caress.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

tactlessbastard posted:

She doesn't seem aware that they were feeling her out for a pity gently caress.

Seriously, how does anyone hear "hey would you have a threesome with spiderman I've been asking everyone not just you haha man you know I've never had sex before, wish I could find someone to do a sex with" and not immediately ghost them

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

don't do this, even as a 'joke', tia

My [20 F] white boyfriend's [22 M] family seems pretty racist and I'm not sure what to do.

this one has a reasonably happy update (ending?)

quote:

Basically the day after I posted this my boyfriend surprised me after I was done work with flowers and chocolate and made me my favorite meal and said that we really needed to talk.

He apologized for not doing enough to stand up for me and for saying that I was over -reacting and that he was just really afraid of losing me and that he loved me and so on. He said that his parents and particularly his grandparents definitely have some discreet and not so discreet racism and that he was just sort of in denial and that he was sorry for bringing me over to his house. He said that he talked to hi family for a long time about it and they were sorry and willing to apologize personally to me.

I told him I still wasn't sure if it would work out because family is important to me and I don't want to be in a relationship with someone whose family had discreet racist attitude towards him. but he again kept insisting that his family as sorry and that we never had to go over to his house again if I didn't want to and if we ever interacted with his family he would cut off anyone who disrespected me an

So I decided to give the relationship a chance since I really did love him. I don't know for if this is the right choice but it's one that I made. He’s been really, really extra sweet the past few week but I know he’s trying to compensate and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

My sister thinks I’m crazy and I regret telling her. She really resents him and thinks I’m stupid for dating someone with a racist family. She said she won’t tell our parents and that that she supports and loves me but I should “love myself” more than to continue the relationship which is a little bit disheartening because my sister and I are close. Hopefully she comes around. Any tips on what to do in that case? I invited him over to my house yesterday (During the summer I still live with my parents) and she avoided him the whole time and refused to talk to him when before they were friendly with each other.

So yeah …I guess I just wanted to update people on what happened since my first post got a lot of attention but it was locked for some reason.

tl;dr: My BF came to my work to apologize and I decided to continue the relationship with him. My sister thinks it’s a terrible idea and that I’m being dumb to continue the relationship.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

My girlfriend[F27] of 9 years is on a walk with another man[M50's] and she doesn't know that I[M25] know the truth.

Wow, he buried the part about his girlfriend growing up in a village in China (with a severely mentally ill mother) pretty deep there. I wonder why she's a weirdo with daddy issues? Also the whole 'been together for nine years and haven't had sex' thing. Jesus, what a mess.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i would gently caress the comic books. not the characters. the actual books

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

this one has a reasonably happy update (ending?)

I'm really not sure if this is going to work out, but at least the boyfriend realized what colossal assholes his family was being instead of doubling down on "they're not racist, you're oversensitive" poo poo. Stay decent, boyfriend.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hate to say this, but in all likelihood, if you are in an interracial family, there will be issues relating to race that emerge among the family.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cat birthday boyfriend sucks even if, yes, objectively a cat doesn't give a poo poo about its birthday. I bet he's real pleasant at funerals.

Pick posted:

I hate to say this, but in all likelihood, if you are in an interracial family, there will be issues relating to race that emerge among the family.

While, in my experience this is objectively true as I noted earlier, you can't use it as a reason to wimp out on someone you love. Or get lucky in my case and have no one in your family have ever married people from the same country much less continent so when you do the same everybody is just super excited to eat new food and debate how your children will look.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 17, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

Here's one for the cat lovers.

Me (34F) with my BF (41M) of 2 years. Got mad at me because I took my cat (16M) to a park for the cat's birthday. Am I really a crazy cat lady?
submitted 5 months ago by CatBirthdayParty

It's really sweet to do this for the cat and if nothing else it says good things about her empathy :colbert:.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Barudak posted:

Cat birthday boyfriend sucks even if, yes, objectively a cat doesn't give a poo poo about its birthday. I bet he's real pleasant at funerals.

Mostly it just seems like a really weird thing to obsess about. Like, is this his trump card in every argument now, that the OP is someone who had a cat birthday party and thus is automatically stupid/weird/wrong? As argument trump cards go, it seems really weak. (Especially since, let's be honest here, "I took my cat out to the park for an afternoon for his birthday" is the least weird cat-related celebration I've ever heard of. There are some people out there who are decorating for cat birthday parties and inviting their friends and making cat party hats and poo poo.)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also it's clearly not about the cat's age as such, it's that the cat is getting to the end of its projected lifespan and she's trying to be nice to him.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Barudak posted:

Nthed. There's nothing wrong with enrichment activities. If tigers in zoos can get frozen blood popsicles, some old fart cat can hop in a leash and be taken to a local bar for screaming at birds.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Mostly it just seems like a really weird thing to obsess about. Like, is this his trump card in every argument now, that the OP is someone who had a cat birthday party and thus is automatically stupid/weird/wrong? As argument trump cards go, it seems really weak. (Especially since, let's be honest here, "I took my cat out to the park for an afternoon for his birthday" is the least weird cat-related celebration I've ever heard of. There are some people out there who are decorating for cat birthday parties and inviting their friends and making cat party hats and poo poo.)

yeah snorting about it at the time marks him as a goony goober, obsessing over it three months later why the gently caress has that girl not dumped him

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Pick posted:

Also it's clearly not about the cat's age as such, it's that the cat is getting to the end of its projected lifespan and she's trying to be nice to him.

Also this, yeah. I've heard of people doing way crazier things for elderly cats than take them outdoors so they can enjoy bird-watching and scents. I really suspect this dude is just a shithead trying to pick any "weird" thing he can about his girlfriend as a lovely argument touchstone, and he knows he can't get away with "you gave your elderly cat successful medical care and he's still alive and has a good quality of life" without looking like a huge rear end in a top hat, so it's the next best thing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the incels have got it all wrong; the most fun is found without the V

My [39 M] wife [50 F] of 6+ years had a PI investigate me while we were separated.

quote:

Wife lied and I lost all trust. We separated for 6 months and in that time I started dating. She seemed to make some changes (for her not just for me) so I let her back in and we decided to work on our marriage. I realize there is a load of information that could be added to the above, I will add upon request as needed. But my question does not really concern how we got separated. While we were separated I began dating. When she found out she hired a PI, a woman whom she has been friends with since HS. I never hid that I was dating as I had no care if she knew. We were on our way to divorce. Fast FWD to now. We are doing well and communicating like adults. She is rebuilding trust and we are really trying to make this work. Her PI is still sending her info that was found while we were separated and it crushes my wife every time. Though I did not have sex with anyone I did become close to one person I was dating. As I have made a commitment to my wife I severed all ties. My problem is the this PI gathered some Intel that I feel is very much an invasion of privacy. She gave my wife pictures from my FB, Google Photos, txtmsgs from my wireless carrier & financial records showing what I was spending money on. None of this stuff is public, its all PW protected, ect. I am tempted to report this woman to the authorities. I have read that this info can be obtained via warrant by a judge but we actually never filed so no judge would have warranted it. Any advice would be appreciated.

the guy's in the comments breathlessly insisting his wife would never continue to pay for this and the snoop must be spending all her time stalking him pro bono, because that's the kind of thing you do for highschool friends

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 17, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

the incels have got it all wrong; the most fun is had without the V

My [39 M] wife [50 F] of 6+ years had a PI investigate me while we were separated.

the guy's in the comments breathlessly insisting his wife would never continue to pay for this and the snoop must be stalking him pro bono, because that's the kind of thing you do for highschool friends?
Yeah it doesn't really make sense that the pI would still be trickling in stuff after the job was over.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah it doesn't really make sense that the pI would still be trickling in stuff after the job was over.

It does considering "she hired a PI, a woman whom she has been friends with since HS" so PI lady might be going overboard because she is friends and may personally believe Husband Poster is a jackass who doesn't deserve Wife. I can imagine it would be difficult to remain professional and unattached as a PI if it's a friend involved.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I like how low key the outraged response was to the dude whose family basically thinks blacks are subhuman (lucky I don't have any KKK uncles I have to tolerate I guess) compared to, I don't know dudes who want to control your haircut, but imo that's a full :murder::sever: with regards to him and everyone involved
Like if you don't get why his response and role in the whole thing was hosed up there's prolly good reason for that

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Nazzadan posted:

h o r s e

I[27M] believe my girlfriend's [24F] hobby is dragging her down, along with our relationship.

quote:

My girlfriend is a full time student (last year), part time employee at her father's business, and a full time "equine" rider. For those who do not know, "equine" is the horses that ride in the ring doing jumps.

Doesn't equine just mean "horse"? I can't find anything about a specific way of riding called equine. I think maybe this guy is confused? Or I am? This bothers me in a highly irrational way.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

Doesn't equine just mean "horse"? I can't find anything about a specific way of riding called equine. I think maybe this guy is confused? Or I am? This bothers me in a highly irrational way.

I think he's going for equestrian, as in dressage, but that's the extent he pays attention to his girlfriend and her little hobby

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Beachcomber posted:

I had the same reaction. He might be thinking of equitation? Which covers a lot of individual disciplines.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My (21F) boyfriend (21M) threatened me with a knife as a "joke"

quote:

I really don't know what to do. This afternoon I went to visit my boyfriend. Everything was normal. I brought him a homemade scone.
We got into a playful tiff when I tried to hand him the scone -- genuinely playful, he wanted me to put it back in the box for a second, I wanted him to put it on the table so it didn't squash my scone. I was holding out the scone saying that I'd put it on the bed if he didn't take it (he is a bit OCD about crumbs on the bed, and he kept saying "put it back in the box, but it back in the box". We were both being silly.

Then out of nowhere he picked up an open Swiss army knife from the bed and pointed it at my face while commanding me to put the scone down. I was sat down on the bed and he was stood up. There was a very surreal moment where I stared at this knife that my boyfriend was pointing literally inches from my face. I felt disembodied. I lowered the scone back in the box while staring at the knife, then he stepped back & threw it back on the bed.
There were these few seconds where he went back to what he was doing and I was frozen there wondering what had just happened. I was like still in shock and deciding whether to say something or pretend everything was ok. I think he must have looked at me and realised I was upset, because he knelt down and put his face next to mine like he usually does when I'm starting to cry.

I did cry a little in shock I think, but also went ballistic. I flung my stuff in my bag while swearing and shouting, shoved him out the way when he tried to stop me from leaving and just ran out of there. I wanted to get away from him. The whole time he was like "oh my God, you're overreacting, it was a joke".

He's texted me since and he's sticking to that. He says that he's sorry for doing it but my reaction was "irrational" and I was "overexxagerating the situation" because it was a joke. I'm so upset that not only did he do this, but he hasn't even had the decency to be like "I'm really sorry, I hosed up so badly and it will never ever happen again. I don't know what I was thinking. I meant it as a joke but I realise now it wasn't funny." I think he's refusing to acknowledge that what I feel is valid, because he feels that would be also acknowledging he behaved like a monster and he doesn't see himself like that. But that's not good enough for me. My immediate gut feeling in the moment was "this is not ok".
He's never done anything remotely like this before, but he is a bit posessive. I'm like a millimetre away from ending our relationship. My friend agrees with me that it was not normal behaviour but he keeps on saying it was a joke & I'm being irrational. I think the only reason I didn't dump him on the spot was because I couldn't manage many words beyond: "what the actual gently caress".

So what do I do here? I can't stop picturing that knife in front of my face. I don't want staying together to become a literally fatal mistake. But I also find it hard to believe that my boyfriend is an actual abuser rather than just a loving idiot. I'm so confused.

TLDR; Boyfriend waved a knife at me during a playful tiff. I was scared and am contemplating dumping him, he claims it was a joke. What do I do?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

just break up with him

not necessarily because he did something wrong (which is debatable, but i'm leaning towards him genuinely doing it jokingly and not threateningly (feel free to tell me how wrong i am)) but because you can't deal either way so yeah GTFO it's better for the both of you this way.

plus you can be all like "yeah i dumped my BF because he threatened me with a knife" and come out on top for years to come

Bobmuffins
Oct 10, 2016

Frog Act posted:

:sever: before :murder: happens wtf how is this a question

reddit is weird

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Dude is either dangerous or a nuclear-grade moron and both are pretty reasonable :sever:ing offenses IMHO

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
The secret word fag brings up a lot of interesting stories.

This one seems lovely.

My [M38] partner [F51] gave up smoking for me, but took it up again and is trying to quit again. I'm Bi, non practising. Should I offer to exchange Fags for Fags?

quote:

Hi all!

My partner and I have been together, monogamous, for over a year.

Recently I found a cigarette butt burned into the doorjam of her car, proving beyond reasonable doubt that she was smoking again. She said it was a one off. That was about a month ago.

Two days ago she forgot a butt on the outside table and placed her coffee mug over it, but I had seen it. We had a long talk about it and she said it was the kick she needed to stop again. I had previously given her an ultimatum that I won't live with a smoker because of the reduced life span and health problems it brings.

So, she's stopped but of course is now going through massive withdrawals, snaps at me, has the answer "I don't care" for almost any question. I know she's trying hard to quit; but at the same time I feel she resents me asking her to change that way.

I've read on here that if you choose to get into a relationship with a smoker, you have to accept that they will always be a smoker.

On a vaguely related note, I also struggle with being a bit Bi, and have never done anything about it. I'm wondering if it would be practical in a holistic sense to 'exchange fags for fags' - that is to say sure you can have your vices but I want to have mine too. (Because sometimes that drive is quite strong in me.) I would suggest that if she wants to keep her fags, I should be allowed to go to another town and find a fag once a month and safely do whatever with him - albeit safely. That way both of our vices are met, and I'd have no excuse to be upset when she gets her smoker's cough happening.

It's possibly too stupid an idea to work - I don't know if it's almost 'blackmail' to suggest it even. I do love her despite her foolish ways and I know she loves me too. She knew from day one that I'm Bi.

tl;dr: Partner wants Fags. I want Fags. Should we relent and break monogamy?

bonus:

quote:

Thank you for your thoughts. My last partner died of lung cancer so I am kinda biased I guess.

The title and content do not match expectations.

I [17M] pretended to be gay to prove a point, now everyone hates me.

quote:

Hi reddit. Throwaway account for security. I messed up and I don’t know what to do. My best friend and I got into a fight about gay people. I support them and I don’t think anyone should be discriminated against for their sexual orientation, but he really looks down on anyone who isn’t straight. Before I go on, I should explain that his is not an unpopular opinion in my neck of the woods and that I am the outlier. My friends and family are all very conservative and most are religious, and this clouds their views. I am firm in my beliefs because I feel it is right, but because of this I am not vocal about them.

Anyway, one night we got into a rather heated debate about it. So I told him I kissed a guy once. I don’t know why I said it. I guess I just wanted to prove a point. He flipped out. He got very angry and started shouting at me saying how he couldn’t believe I could do that and that I was beyond redemption. He then spread this story to all my friends and he went to my parents and told them.

Now my friends wont talk to me. I’ve tried reaching out to them on facebook and by phone but they never respond. My family treats me like dirt. They still care for me and do everything for me, out of family obligation I suppose, but all of that is coupled with bad attitude. I have holed myself up in my room for the past few days. Whenever I come down to eat they will say something like ‘oh look, here comes the fag for his meal’ or when they do my laundry they will say ‘I wonder if we can ever get these disgusting clothes clean now’ just to give a few examples.
I don’t know what to do. From one stupid lie I’ve lost every person in my life. I tried telling my parents it wasn’t true, but they didn’t believe me. What can I do? I feel so lost.

tl;dr- Made up a story about having a gay experience to try and show my friend that there can be good gays if his best friend is one. He flipped out and told my friends and parents who hate me now.

My (M25) now good friend and former bully (M25) possibly became friends with me under false pretences

quote:

Hi folks, really feel lost and mixed up, could use a bit of advice.

In highschool I was bullied by a guy called Brad (name changed) and his two buddies. All three were huge guys (still are) and all did a lot of sports and athletics. There was no defending against them, even if they were alone, and they all bullied me quite a bit.

The bullying itself wasn't severe but it wasn't light. It sometimes got a bit physical, but never to the point of needing stitches or anything. Just throwing me around, wrestling ect. One of them lived close by so knew where I lived, they'd follow me home sometimes and shout stuff. The emotional bullying was the worst of it. I was lucky I had good friends, we helped each other through it - if I didn't have them, I think I'd be in a much worse place emotionally.

Moved on after high school and got a degree, and then moved back near to my hometown and got a job I liked. I reconnected with old friends and we hung out like old times. My parents retired to Spain so I just rented their house and maintained it. Always strictly kept it "their house" because the rent was good (I tried to give them more but they said no). One of the things I did do was build a big shed with a TV, so we could all hang out there and watch movies and play xbox. It was fun. It was actually quite fancy, like a large comfortable living room, we had a fridge for beer and stuff.

One Thursday night we went to a friend's house party, we walked in and there was Brad and his two goons. It was a shock seeing them right there after so long, but I got over it and had a good time. I didn't speak to them but I saw Brad make eye contact a few times.

After a while I said goodbye and went to leave, but as I did so, Brad comes up to me and says "Hey Andy, good to see you". He did that weird salesman double handshake thing, I just said hello. He then said he wanted to talk for a minute, I just said no and that I was leaving.

He didn't take no for an answer, put his arm around my shoulders and herded me into the adjacent hall. He was still taller than average, so I felt pretty intimidated. It was awful. I felt just like a kid again.

It didn't go as expected, he basically said he was really sorry for the years of bullying, and instead of asking for an apology, he said "I don't expect or deserve an apology but please give me a chance to make up for it a bit."

I was surprised by the entire thing so didn't say much. After a bit, he said "So when can I see this shed of yours?" It really caught me off guard that he knew about the shed, small town gossip I guess. I had no idea what to say, just went Ummm so he pressed on and said "I'll come over tomorrow night and bring some beer". I told him no, that nobody would be there, he just said "even better, just you and me bud".

He came to the shed the next night, at first it was massively awkward but he just talked over it until we were sitting down and drinking beer. He gave a longer version of the 'apology' from the previous night. It was heartfelt and he seemed completely genuine. He talked about the other two guys and what assholes they could be, and he hoped they too would grow up someday and be better people.

He also asked if my brother was home because he knew him from the gym (this becomes relevant later). I just said that he moved out but still lived nearby.

We drank and talked - he asked questions about how I had been and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I did the same. I thought I would have been angrier at the bullying, but he was clearly a changed guy so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Long story short, he kept coming back to the shed, and over time we actually became good friends. We'd watch tv and movies in the shed and play xbox games, and just talk to each other. He could talk about stuff with me that he couldn't with his regular friends, and I was the same - conversations we just wouldn't have otherwise. We both learned a lot from each other and grew as people, I think.

I once joked in the shed that he was just "using me to grow a personality". After we drunkenly laughed it off, he looked at me and said "Seriously though, you've been a really good bro to me over the past few years, I just want you to know that. You've been the best friend a guy could hope for."
Anyway, he was supposed to come over last night but he cancelled, so instead of spending the night on my own I went with another friend to a pub. As I walked in, his 2 old friends were in a smoking area and couldn't see me. I heard one say to the small group "Yeah Brad's not coming, he's with Andy O_____. He only talks to the fag so he can score gear from his big bro".

I have a rare surname in this country, there is nobody else he could have meant. And my brother does deal in steroids (which is another huge can of worms but one I'm not involved in). Brad does bodybuild and since I've know him he's gained weight consistent with steroid use.

So that throwaway sentence kindof checks out completely. I felt like I was kicked in the stomach. I had forgiven this person and let the past go, even made a new friend in the process. Now it might have all been this massive lie.

We've been friends for years. What do I do? Should I tell him what I heard? What if he denies it, or makes something up? What if he admits to it, can/should I stay friends with him?

Has this happened to anyone here?

Thanks for listening, I'm sorry it was so long. Any help and advice is appreciated.

TLDR; A former bully apologized to me and we became good friends, but I overheard his friends talking, and the apology/friendship might have all just been a way to open a line of communication with my drug-dealing brother.

In followup comments, OP decides the other two are just saying that out of sour grapes, and it isn't an issue after all.

Let's finish up with some lmao:

Am I(M17) gay for rejecting sex from my girlfriend(F17)

quote:

So Im a junior in high school and I take my grades very seriously. I already planned out my career but i need at least a 4.2 GPA to get a full ride to my college of choice so I can achieve that career. Its important to me since my parents are insufficient in the funds for college(around 30k). I also have a girlfriend I have been dating for around 2 months.

Last week I was studying for an AP midterm that held a fair portion of the quarter grade (around 150 points) I was studying with my gf at my house and about 25 minutes in out of the blue she asked me if I loved her? I said of course and gave her a kiss and went back to studying. 10 minutes pass and she takes off her shirt sits on my legs and whispers "gently caress me" in my ear. I was completely caught off guard and I said "Are you loving kidding me, not now"(slipped out) I felt bad for saying it but I needed to get a perfect score more or less on the final.

She called me a fag, got her stuff, I said i was sorry and I didn't mean to say it but she left. I normally don't ask the internet for dumb questions like this so first I told my friends what happened and they basically replied like her. They said Im gay(not in serious but more as a joke) and I hosed up.
I tried to talk to her at school but she said I love my grades more than her. Was it wrong of me to ignore her and put my grades before her? She is my girlfriend after all. Am I gay for choosing a book over a girl? Please Help I want her back and I don't know how

tl;dr: Studying with my gf for a midterm, Need to get atleast a 4.2GPA for a full ride (my parents are struggling with money), my gf tried to have sex with me but i chose to study instead. She called me a fag and isn't talking to me. Am I gay for choosing a book over sex? How do I get her back?

"It's ME or your 4.2 GPA!!!!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/d9DU1WF.mp4

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Oh, here's one more for the road! Its authenticity is more suspect than the average story, but it's somehow very captivating and entertaining.

Me [26 M] think that my parents are making a dreadful mistake in how they are handling a hostile ex-employee. (40 something M)

quote:

I'm going to try to keep this short.

I'm in America, my parents are still in my home country, which is a very male-driven, bravura-crazy place. You're going to see why I mentioned this.

They are wealthy people and ever since I was a baby, my mother always had a Driver. She doesn't has a license and afraid to drive. For the last eight or nine years we had NATE as our driver. He is a stocky but muscled man who always talks a lot and is subscribed religiously to my country's version of the American Tea Party. He always struck me as a man who had political ambitions and wanted to become someone but got stuck in a thankless, lovely job because he's not smart enough.

So, a year ago or so, Nate and my Mom have a falling out over something really stupid. (Nate didn't like the food the Chef cooked for him, called it "Dog-food", my Mom supported the Chef and asked Nate to apologize, Nate told her to go gently caress herself and left.)

My Mom hires a new driver, let's call him... Harry. Harry is congenial and silent, reminds me of Eddie from Boardwalk Empire. Uneducated and somewhat effeminate in a way that, I imagine, made him stand out in the super-masculine culture. My family is very happy with Harry, especially after Nate's motor-mouth and crazy political opinions.

Okay, the rest of this I just found out yesterday: Apparently Nate went back to my parents, asking for a compensation pay because he was fired. My parents denied this, said that he "quit" and he wasn't "fired" so there would be no pay. This caused Nate to go berserk and storm out. Ever since then, periodically, he's been coming around and harassing Harry, calling him a fag and stuff like that. Apparently they worked at the same Taxi Cab Company and Nate always picked on him, so this is just a continuation of this.

So, the things hit the poo poo fan when Nate comes around for one of his harassment-rounds and starts picking on Harry once again. Except this time, for some reason, it escalates and Nate actually punches Harry. It escalates into a full-on fight and my younger brother (18 M) sees all of it.

Harry needs to be taken to the hospital and my parents pay the bill. In a normal loving country, in a normal loving family, you'd call the cops on Nate at this point, right? Well, I actually never asked if they called the cops or not, but, knowing the culture of my country, there probably wouldn't have been any prosecution. But I think they should have at least tried. Anyway, here is what actually happens:

My father is well connected and his Brother works in a shady government business. He says that he's an engineer but he regularly meets with people way high-up and weirdly specific, has conversation with my Father about which country bought what kind of missiles and so on. He is a very affable guy, but his only son died two years ago in a freak car accident and ever since then... He just seemed a bit more, I don't know, off. Silent in a weird way.
So, my family, my mother included by the way, go to the Brother and ask him if he can take care of the Nate Problem. The Brother says yes, he always hated that prick. So The Brother arranges the police to haul Nate into a holding cell and beat the poo poo out of him for a week. And, I mean, seriously, just gently caress him up. The Brother said to me, over Skype, that it's the "same regiment we give to the anti-government people" and that "Nate cried in a weird way" through the whole ordeal. He mimicked the guy's crying and I think he thought that it would be funny but it was terrifying.

So here is the problem: (And as I'm typing this I realize I'm probably venting at this point, I don't know how I would be able to change this situation and it's probably above r/relationship's pay-grade) I am terrified that Nate is going to do something really bad to retaliate. My parents are secure and think that he's been "properly subdued" but I can't help but think this is episode 10 of a HBO series and now Nate has nothing to lose and he's going to buy a gun and do something really insane. My younger brother is in college and what if Nate shows up there and just loving shoots him? What if Nate comes to the house with a gun and shoots my dad or my mom?

My family thinks I'm being paranoid but I always thought there was something really really off with Nate, he's a natural-born bully with an immense inferiority complex. He does have a family but I don't think he gives a gently caress about them... I think if there is anyone who might go off and do something stupid... It's this guy.

I guess what I'm asking you guys is how can I convince my family that they might be in danger? Or am I being paranoid and blowing everything out of proportion? I'm seriously stressed here, God-Knows-How-Many-Miles away from everything.

TL;DR; My family's ex-driver has been harassing their new one. So, my parents got the ex-driver to be taken into custody and got the poo poo beat out of him. They think they're safe and the ex-driver have been "subdued" but I think this guy might do something really insane. How can I convince my parents of my suspicions?

quote:

Your parents had a man tortured and now they aren't concerned he might seek revenge.... are you sure he is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Themata posted:

Am I(M17) gay for rejecting sex from my girlfriend(F17)

Yep, report for reprogramming immediately.