Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Yeah because the last NFCE aging QB that went to the Skins worked out suuuper well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now Romo to the Redskins would be a Favre in purple moment and I would be really bummed.

Favre in purple & gold was both Cool and Good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Irish Football Tapeman and Professional Hot Take Artist Cian Fahey cherry picked 5 or 6 non-dreadful Kaepernick passes from last season to defend the fact that Colin Kaepernick Is Actually Good Guys, so if you want to know the next dumb thing that is going to come down the pike

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah because the last NFCE aging QB that went to the Skins worked out suuuper well...

he played great and was getting ready to set their single season passing record before he was benched for reasons

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mastershakeman posted:

its gonna be cool when revis gets cut then sues the city of pittsburgh for 15m for charging him with 'terroristic threats'

And then pittsburgh files a motion to dismiss and wins in 12 seconds

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

FizFashizzle posted:

he played great and was getting ready to set their single season passing record before he was benched for reasons

"Reasons" being throwing 15 picks in 13 games

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

CyberPingu posted:

"Reasons" being throwing 15 picks in 13 games

No man Washington was totally in the wrong for benching a QB that had led them to a 5-8 record with a sub-80 passer rating

As difficult as it is to believe, Grossman was actually a step up from McNabb that season

Now keeping him as the starter the following year, that was maybe not so smart

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Intruder posted:

If they get Romo, they just might :grin:

Imagine Romo leading the Texans to victory over the Cowboys in the Superbowl

His will be done.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
King Dunlap arrested for violating a restraining order.

LA already a bad influence

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Jets might try to use this to void Revis' contract, lol.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/832684016323026945

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
No, Trent. Hit the *hole*

with an L

https://twitter.com/WVTM13/status/832680121886728192

Edit: Also Michael Floyd sentenced to 120 days in jail

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 17, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
96 of the 120 are home detention.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That season-and-a-half where everyone thought Trent Richardson was a budding star sure looks hilarious in retrospect

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

corn on the cop posted:

That season-and-a-half where everyone thought Trent Richardson was a budding star sure looks hilarious in retrospect

He was so, soooooo good at Bama, and it wasn't just the offensive line like people try to claim although that obviously helped. I still don't understand how he bombed as badly as he did.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

*shrug* at least the good half of our team showed up in the playoffs

I think you'll find that the lack of playoff success was caused by "noted Choker Tony Romo," friend

That's cool, at least the Steelers won 2 playoff games this year

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Richardson played during his first two years with broken ribs. He gathered other injuries, too. From the conclusion of his rookie season:

quote:

Cleveland's running back revealed Monday that he played most of his first season in the NFL with two broken ribs, an injury that not only made it tough to play but even sleep.

"I still can't lay flat on my back or on my side," Richardson said, "but it's going to come around, and I know I'll be healthy before next season."

Richardson, who sat out Sunday's season finale in Pittsburgh with a sprained left ankle, hurt his ribs on Oct. 14 against Cincinnati. For the next three or four weeks he said he needed help getting into a shower and dressing. He slept propped up.

But he never missed a game and endured pain that would have sidelined most players.

Injuries toon away the explosive power and speed he showed in college, turning him into the middling power back who can't find a hole we know today.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

yeah, you sure did

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

And then pittsburgh files a motion to dismiss and wins in 12 seconds

The Rooneys will get the charges reduced & claim Revis off of waivers when the Jets cut him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Rooneys will get the charges reduced & claim Revis off of waivers when the Jets cut him

Man I know you need secondary help but after last season I'm not sure this is the way to go about it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

no way they take that contract

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

TheChirurgeon posted:

yeah, you sure did

I mean if you're going to be glib you are asking to have it pointed out

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Just in case you wanted the mug shot.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

evilweasel posted:

no way they take that contract

Good point. I wasn't entirely serious, but bringing up his contract reminded me about the whole story of him possibly coming to Pgh after being cut by the Pats, which was derailed then by that contract

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
drat Trent got a 5 head.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Bigass Moth posted:

drat Trent got a 5 head.

The perfect concussion absorbing skull houses a terrible football mind.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Time posted:

I mean if you're going to be glib you are asking to have it pointed out

I guess? I'm really finding it hard to be invested in this weird little pissing match over which team won more playoff games because I made a joke about Roethlisberger retiring. Like, cool--they beat Miami and Kansas City in the playoffs. Neat!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hey guys Crazy685 here to do a daily passive aggressive check

Yup we're full! Good work everyone.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hey guys Crazy685 here to do a daily passive aggressive check

Yup we're full! Good work everyone.

*whew* I was worried we weren't going to make quota

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For more football oddities/bad contract chat Tamba Hali has an $8.5 million cap hit and costs more to cut than he'd make at 33 years old. He hasn't practiced in like 4 years (this is an exaggeration but not as big of one as you'd think, he almost never practices to rest his knees), and this was the case before he signed his most recent extension.

I love Tamba and John Dorsey has mainly done a pretty good job as a GM, but that contract is just :psyduck:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I guess? I'm really finding it hard to be invested in this weird little pissing match over which team won more playoff games because I made a joke about Roethlisberger retiring. Like, cool--they beat Miami and Kansas City in the playoffs. Neat!

I think the issue here is that you keep either assuming my quip-like responses to you are somehow a pissing match instead of just, you know, banter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

For more football oddities/bad contract chat Tamba Hali has an $8.5 million cap hit and costs more to cut than he'd make at 33 years old. He hasn't practiced in like 4 years (this is an exaggeration but not as big of one as you'd think, he almost never practices to rest his knees), and this was the case before he signed his most recent extension.

I love Tamba and John Dorsey has mainly done a pretty good job as a GM, but that contract is just :psyduck:

Oh, I see what happened there. They needed cap space in 2015, so they moved $3m of his pay to a fake extension that automatically would void in 2016 unless they sign him to a new deal by march 4th, and leave $4m in dead money.

That happens, and then a few days later they sign him to a 3 year deal that leaves him with a <$4m cap for 2016, which now balloons to $8.5m this year and next (and he gets cut next leaving $1m in dead space.

Yeah, that doesn't like very good GM work to not just extend him and save that $4m in cap space last year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Steelers win over the Dolphins was about as legit as the Texans over the Raiders

extremely legit

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Steelers win over the Dolphins was about as legit as the Texans over the Raiders

extremely legit

It was so frickin' cold at the game that staying after AB had 2 TDs in the 1st 8min was pretty much torture. I'm willing to suffer for my fandom tho

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I think the issue here is that you keep either assuming my quip-like responses to you are somehow a pissing match instead of just, you know, banter.

oh, my bad. Well, I'm full up on banter, thanks

congrats on your playoff wins

Intruder posted:

extremely legit

unlike the Texans' MNF loss to the Raiders, which was just total bullshit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brock Osweiler's best game, where he had green laser pointers blocking his view all game.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Brock Osweiler's best game, where he had green laser pointers blocking his view all game.

So what's youre saying is he should wear the helmet Luke did when training with the laser remote in Star Wars

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

unlike the Texans' MNF loss to the Raiders, which was just total bullshit

Hahaha look at this sour Jane

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

is that what caused the refs to make baffingly bad calls

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

TheChirurgeon posted:

come on dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

This actually seems like a historically good year to find a starting QB on the FA market.

Like it's a low bar to clear, but Cousins, Taylor, Cutler, and Romo is much better than fighting over Osweiler and Cassel or whatever.
Watch us cut Tyrod and end up with, like, Matt Schaub or Geno Smith.

• Locked thread