Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill posted:

Was that also the year that the Desperate Housewives game came out? If so that seems like a citb critical year.

No, that was 2006. DH is funny but not very good so my methodology holds true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It looks competent enough, which is all I really expect from Mass Effect gameplay. I'm more interested in whether the story and quests are going to be any good.

Well, that, and the class-less system is kind of interesting and the new version of the Pull and Throw biotics are hilarious and I want to play with them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Healbot posted:

Looks uninspired to me, like woah I can take cover behind the Mako now because the devs figured out how to trigger cover animations behind movable assets.

That's what has been worrisome to me all throughout Andromeda's development cycle. There's no exciting new features, no bold directions in the narrative, just endless callbacks to the original and memes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn Andromeda looks good.

Also, playing Dragon Age: Origins on PC for the first time. Holy poo poo, it's so much better than playing on console it's not even funny.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fridge corn posted:

What are the best ps4 games available right now?

Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne, Nioh, King of Fighters 14, Uncharted 4

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

precision posted:

Also, playing Dragon Age: Origins on PC for the first time. Holy poo poo, it's so much better than playing on console it's not even funny.

Enjoy. Origins is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The combat feels so drat good and every class is viable. (protip: pump dex points into alistair. A tank doesn't need hp when nobody can hit him!)

Check out Awakening too if you haven't played it. They turn up all the classes to 11 and make them insanely OP. It's not hard, but it is a nice little power-fantasy.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dragon age is bland as gently caress

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

drat and here I thought I had fun with it but I guess I was just tricking myself into liking a bland as gently caress game oh well live and learn

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dragon Age has a lot of really really well-done elements like the origin stories themselves and the way that all player choices weave into the Landsmeet, but it's mired in 50+ hours of some of the slowest most boring-rear end combat I've ever seen in a CRPG. It feels like everybody is fighting underwater and good lord there is a lot of it. God help you if you go to Redwall first and try to get the mages' assistance. At least you can break it fairly early on with Mana Clash or some similarly OP mage spell.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

PantsBandit posted:

drat and here I thought I had fun with it but I guess I was just tricking myself into liking a bland as gently caress game oh well live and learn

Making mistakes is ok as long as you learn from them.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I've played through DA:O I think 4 times. It owns. I think there's still some plot things I never resolved, too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

I've played through DA:O I think 4 times. It owns. I think there's still some plot things I never resolved, too.

:yeah:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Dragon Age has a lot of really really well-done elements like the origin stories themselves and the way that all player choices weave into the Landsmeet, but it's mired in 50+ hours of some of the slowest most boring-rear end combat I've ever seen in a CRPG. It feels like everybody is fighting underwater and good lord there is a lot of it. God help you if you go to Redwall first and try to get the mages' assistance. At least you can break it fairly early on with Mana Clash or some similarly OP mage spell.

I actually like how slow and deliberate the combat is. When I played it on console, it was too messy and annoying because you can't really use the full zoomed out Baldur's Gate style.

PantsBandit posted:

Enjoy. Origins is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The combat feels so drat good and every class is viable. (protip: pump dex points into alistair. A tank doesn't need hp when nobody can hit him!)

Check out Awakening too if you haven't played it. They turn up all the classes to 11 and make them insanely OP. It's not hard, but it is a nice little power-fantasy.

Yeah I played the whole shebang way back 7 years ago on PS3, and really loved Awakening. Everything looks so much cleaner on PC, especially the interface.

I'm playing Sword/Shield because I did Rogue and Mage already, so I'm gonna ditch Alistair as soon as I can get Shale.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

UAE wants to build a giant colony on Mars? Why does that sound familiar...

...no! No!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's time

To rip and tear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

Dragon age is bland as gently caress

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bland? It's got dwarves that speak American English for once!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Maybe we can finally hammer out the definitive, objective list of the best final fantasy games of all time. I think I'll make the one safe choice and put Final Fantasy III DS at the bottom of the list. I look forward to the constructive and well-reasoned arguments the thread has for the other titles while I go elsewhere and wait for this to die down.

FF3DS is not at the bottom, but that's because the original FF3j and any version of FF2j are below it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

FF3DS is not at the bottom, but that's because the original FF3j and any version of FF2j are below it.

Ff3nes is better actually, since the final boss can't one shot you with no recourse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would rather play FF2 NES than FF3 DS. And I would rather chew my own arm off than that.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Final fantasy 3 DS is the only FF game I've ever played and I thought it was horrible. I should give the series another chance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A cool drat horse posted:

Final fantasy 3 DS is the only FF game I've ever played and I thought it was horrible. I should give the series another chance

Man thats rough because its like, the only game in the series I would say is flat out bad. Poor first impression!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I accidentlalyt just played stardew valley for 10 hours straight

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did you get married

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did you take a break every hour

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

did you get married

I only talk to people on the event days

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

did you get to the end of Journey of the Prairie King without getting hit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I accidentlalyt just played stardew valley for 10 hours straight

only 10?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

only 10?

I got hungry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oddium posted:

did you get married

don't get married until there's a patch for marriageable Linus/Sandy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Really Pants posted:

don't get married until there's a patch for marriageable Linus/Sandy

:hehe:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

daww

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FFIII DS is a remake of an NES RPG that somehow mamaged to regress in design

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah I can't not court Leah, all of the other townsfolk are dorks.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Emily is cool imo

and the guy who works in Joja mart whose name I forget

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

FFIII DS is a remake of an NES RPG that somehow mamaged to regress in design

Bosses at the end of an hour-long dungeon should just cause game overs at random, right? That's what people want in an RPG?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The one whose name I don't remember who is depressed but puts on a smile that convinces nobody is me, I'm in Stardew Valley as it turns out

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm the one guy who liked FF3DS

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

precision posted:

I'm the one guy who liked FF3DS

If this guy can get married, there's hope for everyone, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My impromptu no-death run of Dark Souls 3 didn't last long, I died five times trying to get that stupid item halfway down the tower in the Cemetery of Ash. Don't do platforming, From Software, you suck

• Locked thread