Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Dick measuring time.

Menu -> Guides -> Monsters -> No.1

Also my ExBro is biggest that yours, so I'm beating you on length and girth :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
new banner with shine shera and gl exclusive olive

this is gonna be interesting

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Looks like we're getting Olive, Shine, and Shera on the next banner. Time to pray for multiple Shines.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They're doing a really great job of draining us of tickets before Orlandu. Those are some really nice TMs.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

With Shine out + Odin that'll mean we'll get some awesome new ATK caps. Is it possible to hit 1k yet?

Edit: nah, looks like the highest I can get Noct is 947, assuming Odin w/ 6300 ATK

Edit 2: gently caress, forgot about Olive, that'll be interesting to see

turnways fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 22, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
should be able to hit 1k with olive

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I thought the next banner was supposed to be player's choice?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

As a player, you should choose to whale for as many shines as possible and hope for a bonus Olive.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Also 4 Shine TMs + Twenty Sided Die + Ling's natural 40% evade = 100% evade with +120% ATK for extra arena fuckery.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

As a player, you should choose to whale for as many shines as possible and hope for a bonus Olive.

She's only 4* base so getting shines with tickets shouldn't be impossible. If all else fails I might take a big roll because god drat that is just too good to pass up. But I really wanted that noctis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hoo boy is that a long server maintenance, and that's assuming it goes according to schedule.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KDdidit posted:

Hoo boy is that a long server maintenance, and that's assuming it goes according to schedule.

And if it doesn't, more tickets for the shine banner!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

looking forward to the maintenance lasting over 24 hours and getting 24 NRG as compensation.

git gud

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Should Marie be geared for MAG or SPR?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

hagie posted:

Should Marie be geared for MAG or SPR?

She's a support, so, HP, MP, then DEF/SPR. She has nothing that scales off MAG, and SPR is purely there for defensive benefit since she also has nothing that scales off SPR unless she's casting Cura off Carbuncle.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Second dual wield completed, I could go after a third, but I was thinking of maybe going after Mercedes axe for Firion.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I hope Olive makes DH awesome. If she has DH innately and can stack DH from her gun and TMR, combined with a good single target skill she could be the GL mini-Cloud.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
I stopped playing right when Lightning was released but was thinking about joining in again. Anyone mind telling me the big points I've missed and what I should be catching up on?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

SmockJoc posted:

I stopped playing right when Lightning was released but was thinking about joining in again. Anyone mind telling me the big points I've missed and what I should be catching up on?

Lots of events with exclusive gear. Lots of new powerful base 5* units. They've added lots of story content too. You've come back just in time too, after the maintenance on Thursday, you can only receive 5* bases from rainbow crystals, and only receive 4* bases from gold crystals. They'll also add more story, up to and including the new esper Odin.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SmockJoc posted:

If you want to reroll your account, now is the absolute best time. You get a free 11 pull after the patch.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Look at all theses TMs that don't mean jack without Dual Wield.

(maybe Olive's is a good replacement but lol nat 5*)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

http://imgur.com/a/zZL7O

Nice, a day before the crystal change

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Okay I'm still in super early stages and would normally just ask my other BE-player friends, but they're not awake right now and I need a call pretty quickly.

I just got 5000 Lapis. Should I pull on the FFII banner right now, wait to pull from the first revamp banner, or spend half that amount on just getting the Emperor? My lineup right now is nothing to write home about and has no 5*s, although it's got some promising high-tier units (Krile, Jack). I'm bored to tears of original units in crossover games, I'm basically only using Rain in my main team right now because I don't really know who to replace him with; the revamp banner looks pretty boring as a result but I know that it's objectively quite good. Meanwhile FFII was the second Final Fantasy game I played, and the Emperor looks pretty sweet, so I'd be okay with a guaranteed pull for him if that's a good deal.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Okay I'm still in super early stages and would normally just ask my other BE-player friends, but they're not awake right now and I need a call pretty quickly.

I just got 5000 Lapis. Should I pull on the FFII banner right now, wait to pull from the first revamp banner, or spend half that amount on just getting the Emperor? My lineup right now is nothing to write home about and has no 5*s, although it's got some promising high-tier units (Krile, Jack). I'm bored to tears of original units in crossover games, I'm basically only using Rain in my main team right now because I don't really know who to replace him with; the revamp banner looks pretty boring as a result but I know that it's objectively quite good. Meanwhile FFII was the second Final Fantasy game I played, and the Emperor looks pretty sweet, so I'd be okay with a guaranteed pull for him if that's a good deal.

To have an near guaranteed chance for Emporer, you need about 200 pulls or more. It's not worth it. If your not whaled in badly like some of us and desperately want Leon for his TM, then wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow's banner owns and Olive is much better to whale for than Emporer.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Cartoon Man posted:

To have an near guaranteed chance for Emporer, you need about 200 pulls or more. It's not worth it. If your not whaled in badly like some of us and desperately want Leon for his TM, then wait till tomorrow. Tomorrow's banner owns and Olive is much better to whale for than Emporer.

Oh, pretty sure I misunderstood what the 'Emperor's Special' bundle was, the description made it seem like it was just 'pay 2.5k, get the Emperor'. I'll be waiting for tomorrow then, even if I'm not super into the OC units it's better odds.

...Now I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have the option of paying for the equivalent of a 5-pull to get a headlining new unit. That genuinely seemed like a good and interesting deal.

EDIT: Alternative: should I bother with the 11-pull, or just go for the half-price single pulls for as long as I can keep that going? The OP says to do the half-pricers, but that might not be up-to-date for all I know.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 22, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Also my ExBro is biggest that yours, so I'm beating you on length and girth :smugdog:

...yall can get stuffed, I'm at 220,635.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cleretic posted:

Oh, pretty sure I misunderstood what the 'Emperor's Special' bundle was, the description made it seem like it was just 'pay 2.5k, get the Emperor'. I'll be waiting for tomorrow then, even if I'm not super into the OC units it's better odds.

...Now I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have the option of paying for the equivalent of a 5-pull to get a headlining new unit. That genuinely seemed like a good and interesting deal.

EDIT: Alternative: should I bother with the 11-pull, or just go for the half-price single pulls for as long as I can keep that going? The OP says to do the half-pricers, but that might not be up-to-date for all I know.

Do you plan to be exclusively free to play, or would you hit up the Lapis store on occasion? If you are only F2P, you want to be extremely frugal with Lapis and only pull on critical banners and save your tickets. That said, most of us here always do a daily pull because after 11 days it costs less Lapis than a single 11 pull. Some of us (myself included) will hit up the cash store once in a while when we run low or a good bundle is out. Then there are the addicts, you know who you are...
(Hell I'm probably borderline myself.)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cleretic posted:

We're all disappointed that we can't just "pay X: get X character", but then there would be a whole lot of characters that nobody would ever buy unless they were nostalgic. While other's would probably have a roster of 40~ people and never need to buy anymore.

OP info is still good, I update it on occasion. 1/2 price daily pulls are still the way to go in the long run. Only spend tickets or do an 11 pull if you're hunting for a unit on the banner.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I bow to the might of your e-peen.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zZL7O

Nice, a day before the crystal change

Sup, partner in agony! :(:respek::(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Overall I've lucked out on my 1.0 rainbow pulls. My first pull was a week into the game back at launch and was Vaan. At the time I had no idea it was a troll pull, I thought it was an awesome unit and I was happy. Then I pulled Lightning on banner when she first came out. Then Luneth on banner. Then two days ago I pulled Marie off banner while chasing Leon. (Still no loving Leon!)

So I'm not going to complain, could've been much worse.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I don't even know what gumi is waiting for with the ffix characters. They are still stuck at 5* with and pretty poo poo all around even as 5*

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

NinjaDebugger posted:

Not sure if :vince: or :stonklol:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I don't even know what gumi is waiting for with the ffix characters. They are still stuck at 5* with and pretty poo poo all around even as 5*

The most disappointing thing is every time I look at Zidane (or any character drawn as dual wielding) and there isn't an innate dual wield.

It might take him from trash can after TM obtained to usable.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Up until about mid December Amarant was considered a decent tank.

If you are on an Apple device and buy lapis, does that process through the Apple Store or does the game send you to a separate website?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

Up until about mid December Amarant was considered a decent tank.

If you are on an Apple device and buy lapis, does that process through the Apple Store or does the game send you to a separate website?

It's just like any other in app purchase on your iPhone, it's tied to your iTunes account. Check this thread regurlarly for iTunes gift card deals.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765433

Also remember that when you buy Lapis on an iPhone, it doesn't transfer over to an android emulator if you macro grind.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 22, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

My first pull was a week into the game back at launch and was Vaan. At the time I had no idea it was a troll pull, I thought it was an awesome unit and I was happy.

Well, that's not a troll rainbow because 5* base units didn't exist at the time. Plus Vaan was one of two Full Breakers and sacred crystals were a bitch to farm back then. I'd consider that pull a jackpot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

It's just like any other in app purchase on your iPhone, it's tied to your iTunes account. Check this thread regurlarly for iTunes gift card deals.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765433

Also remember that when you buy Lapis on an iPhone, it doesn't transfer over to an android emulator if you macro grind.

I'm not in the Macro game.

Thanks for confirming that I won't be spending any lapis because I don't need the ole wife questioning my purchases.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I went for one more 11-pull just to round out my C.Luna farming squad, maybe get another C.Arty, or something. I can't really justify it too much, just felt like rolling the dice. But...

...which would be exciting if I didn't get two Maries in another 11-pull last week, or another one from a daily pull.

I have five god drat Maries now.

(my girlfriend's name is Marie and she's getting a huge kick out of this at least)

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Jeez I don't even want to know the odds on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

((1/100)/2)*((1/100)/2)*11 sounds correct I think.

• Locked thread