Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What is there to understand? Ate too much, wanted to vomit which is the sound of Goons bitching about poo poo when they can just scroll pass.

Ocean Park was indeed fun. The only poo poo part was the really over priced food at the penguin restaurant that had no penguins. I could have cooked a better pizza just from the choice of cheese alone, loving Cheddar, bloody hell I might as well just microwave one down at the 711. If they can't make a pizza right I shudder at everything else they cook.

A quick breakdown of the rides I went on in no particular order.

The Carousel/Merry go round: Read the tin.

Arctic Blast: A low G coaster for those who don't wan to risk their lunch. To compensate it goes around twice.

Crazy Galleon/Pirate ship: It goes up then down then up on the other side, an old classic in every amusement park.

Flying swing: Swing like chairs, it goes around, an upgrade on the Carousel.

Hair Raiser: The park's headline thrill ride. Plenty of loops and corners for almost all your g-forces needs. Recommended if you can get on you mental state be damned.

Rev Booster: You get spun around in one direction and jostled hard for such a simple ride. Bring your date if you want a mutual full body grope.

The Abyss: A giant multi-person bungee cord. One might prefer the more "Pure" ride like the drop towers.

The Dragon: There is no slaying this one. It will break your neck and cave your skull in while vibrating the chairs enough for women to get their thrills. The harshest coaster imaginable that doesn't outright kill you or is a car crash.

The Flash: Some partial nudity can be involved as you hang upside down and your shirt gets loose. Also a carny classic.

Whirly bird: Avoid. Boring, good for Grandma if you want to gently rouse her.

The Rapids: The stupidest thing I did all day that wasn't eating at the "restaurant". First time in Hong Kong I actually felt cold as this will soak you if you don't bring/buy protection.

Bumper Cars: Must have gotten a poo poo one as the power kept cutting out every other second. It uses a floor only power transference method over the standard overhead sparkies. Got smashed. Fun.

Ferris Wheel: Read the not very big tin.

Cable car: The better of the two transports between the lower entrance and the Summit area as you get nice views.

Ocean Express: MTR with mood lighting.

Out of order/maintenance trill rides: Eagle, Mine Train, Raging River

Exhibits I went to.

Pandas: Worst. Breeders. Ever. Waste of time trying to photograph it as it will never do anything interesting

A live open air bird display with it's trainers. Pretty cool and dual language. Magnificent bird.

Goldfishes: meh, go to pet street.

The Grand Aquarium has some pretty impressive opportunities to photograph all sorts of fish no matter where you come from. Recommended.

Old Hong Kong: You want Egglettes for 3 times the street value? This is the place for you.

Went to a McDonalds and got ripped off getting a "Large Orange Juice". Here is something of interest in that bathroom.

:nms:http://imgur.com/a/Ph9ZL:nms:

Someone was indeed using it right next to me and he was commenting about how the perpetrator had to be a Mainlander. Not quite street making GBS threads but this is Hong Kong you Philistine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The panda in Taiwan hangs upside down and plays with jungle-gym equipment, but they also gently caress so maybe they're just more energetic and expressive under the freedom of democracy.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

oohhboy posted:

Went to a McDonalds

Why didn't you list every item on the menu?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Why didn't you list every item on the menu?

You can do that since you are so interested in their menu. It can be your homework. Assignment due tomorrow.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Ooohboy ... Who are you.. why are you here to torture us?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

oohhboy posted:

What is there to understand? Ate too much, wanted to vomit which is the sound of Goons bitching about poo poo when they can just scroll pass.

Went to a McDonalds and got ripped off getting a "Large Orange Juice". Here is something of interest in that bathroom.

:nms:http://imgur.com/a/Ph9ZL:nms:

Someone was indeed using it right next to me and he was commenting about how the perpetrator had to be a Mainlander. Not quite street making GBS threads but this is Hong Kong you Philistine.

You're insane, aren't you?

That picture looks like people in Hong Kong need to lower their sodium intake and drink more water. It seriously looks like someone emptied a bottle of that Himalayan Rock Salt stuff you can get from Wholefoods and dampened it with water.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ooohboy ... Who are you.. why are you here to torture us?

It's payback for your lack of content.

nickmeister posted:

You're insane, aren't you?

That picture looks like people in Hong Kong need to lower their sodium intake and drink more water. It seriously looks like someone emptied a bottle of that Himalayan Rock Salt stuff you can get from Wholefoods and dampened it with water.

Worth every gag as I took a picture. Only that urinal out of 3 had that so if you have to get a better explanation as what the gently caress that is.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

oohhboy posted:

Only that urinal out of 3 had that so if you have to get a better explanation as what the gently caress that is.

I can't quite parse this. Maybe someone spilled their Chinese Tibet All Organic Table Salt?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nickmeister posted:

I can't quite parse this. Maybe someone spilled their Chinese Tibet All Organic Table Salt?

What ever that is it took a lot more effort than spilling some salt.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Autistic rambling ≠ content.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Somewhere in China they eat boypiss eggs so I think you're clear to taste it for us oooohboy

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

E_P posted:

I am glad you are finally enjoying your time in Florida.

lol

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No way, no how I am going to the Mainland without the clear goal of getting the gently caress out ASAP and unless it is from a trusted source, I am not loving eating it.

If you want to eat weird food safely, come to Hong Kong. Based on conversations with the BIL street food is safer than chain restaurants. Mind the small sample size.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oohhboy I am in Tianjin for 8 days. If you come to Tianjin I promise you an awesome time with great food. I've hosted a few goons here. You should come hang

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Great Autismo! posted:

oohhboy I am in Tianjin for 8 days. If you come to Tianjin I promise you an awesome time with great food. I've hosted a few goons here. You should come hang

No visa or return home permit.

Also not worth the risk of heading up for such a flimsy(No offence) reason. Not enough time even if I want to as I have less than a week now. I would need a drat good reason to stay even in Hong Kong like a relative dying/death bed or something so critical that only I could do would keep me here. Not because I want to go as I still have plenty of places to mess around at but this was the time I allocated and that's that. I plan to be back in a year or 2 depending. I am not going to have such a massive gap between visits again.

I still have to visit what little of Dad's side of the family but we have been putting it off as he has been sick for a month and I am not going to pressure him to come out at the cost of his health to take a trip to graves. I will see it I can work out a fall-back so I visit them instead of meeting up.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

oohhboy posted:

Would you shut up about this? You really need to stop projecting. I am enjoying and have been enjoying my holiday the moment I got into the airport back in New Zealand.

Has unpleasantness happened? Yes. But drat it man it is part of the experience. So shut the hell up about me not enjoying myself.

Relax

And I said 10-20% of the words, not .1 to .2%

Aim for Haier-like length, his posts are good

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

oohhboy posted:

No visa or return home permit.

Also not worth the risk of heading up for such a flimsy(No offence) reason. Not enough time even if I want to as I have less than a week now. I would need a drat good reason to stay even in Hong Kong like a relative dying/death bed or something so critical that only I could do would keep me here. Not because I want to go as I still have plenty of places to mess around at but this was the time I allocated and that's that. I plan to be back in a year or 2 depending. I am not going to have such a massive gap between visits again.

I still have to visit what little of Dad's side of the family but we have been putting it off as he has been sick for a month and I am not going to pressure him to come out at the cost of his health to take a trip to graves. I will see it I can work out a fall-back so I visit them instead of meeting up.

See, that is readable

:waycool:

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thoughts and prayers posted:

See, that is readable

:waycool:

That's only because I am not trying to condense a day worth of thoughts with that post. "I went to Ocean Park and I had fun" isn't a worthwhile post. Listing out the rides and giving them a short synopsis was the best choice I had on hand. At least now you have an idea as to what to expect from them a personal level.

Conforming just to conform is China level poo poo and I am not going to do that. I will try to be more aggressive in editing the content but I am not Haier who has been doing this a lot longer and is a ridiculous yard stick that no one else in this thread can measure up to. I know I can't do that at this point in time and I won't by the time I leave.

Length is also a terrible way to measure quality as they have nothing in common, I present AO's long post as evidence.

I have a 1000+ photos I could show with comments uploaded in chronological order as I took them unpload seconds later that I am not going to show you by opening up my Facebook account without some heavy editing nor am I going to try to upload them in flicker nor manually post them here as that really would be crazy. (Mobile internet is poo poo)

Another part of the problem is that I try to be too diverse with my sentences which makes it rambling from the outside and the jumping around of the writing style looks like multiple people are writing it aka serial killer. I also try to separate things by using paragraphs as mini-posts which has had mixed results as I link one event to another for flow which sometimes isn't appropriate. It is why people miss the gold like when I partially demolished a shrine because sitting is hard.

It isn't like I don't know the flaws, it's that it going to take a lot more time and experience to fix regardless of how much pointless Goon rage some posters who don't scroll nor contribute.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oohhboy do you not have pictures of all the poo poo you've written about post those instead

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I read all of Angel's post the whole time thinking "are all these details going to add up to an interesting story? Are the exact details going to be relevant to the story with a payoff? Oh wait is he just writing out this huge post to mock oohhboy? Maybe there's a payoff. No, no he's just mocking oohhboy's stories." good work.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Length is also a terrible way to measure quality as they have nothing in common, I present AO's long post as evidence.

Are you truly so dense that you didn't realize he was mocking you? Embedded in the story:

angel opportunity posted:

This upset me for some reason, because I am an rear end in a top hat and a lovely GBS poster who wants other lovely GBS posters to like me. And despite how many words I vomit out, no one is liking me.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

You're like the Moridin920 of the China Thread. Quite the feat, oooohbooy.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not mad about oohhboy posts but I also have not read any of them because they are v long

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm not mad about oohhboy posts but I also have not read any of them because they are v long

I did read all of AO's though, I feel like I got tricked.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Pirate Radar posted:

lol if you didn't realise in paragraph 2 what was going on

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

I was v hopefull

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

webmeister posted:

lol if you didn't realise in paragraph 2 what was going on

It was immediately obvious, but I still read the whole drat thing waiting for the payoff.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
doc never heard of an italian tuneup

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

oohhboy posted:

Hahaha oh wow.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

bongwizzard posted:

It was immediately obvious, but I still read the whole drat thing waiting for the payoff.

same but it was worth it for the dig at the danish

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you should go hang out with the other goon, im sure it will be fun and safe

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

omg lol

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

angel opportunity posted:

Stay tuned next time. Same corgi time, same corgi channel

Please come back to us.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

oohhboy posted:

:ironicat:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

oohhboy posted:

Another part of the problem is that I try to be too diverse with my sentences which makes it rambling from the outside and the jumping around of the writing style looks like multiple people are writing it aka serial killer. I also try to separate things by using paragraphs as mini-posts which has had mixed results as I link one event to another for flow which sometimes isn't appropriate.

Clarity is always the most important thing. Don't be too proud to make changes in your writing in order to communicate more clearly.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

the funniest thing about oohhhboy is that him getting all defensive and huffy about his boring rear end posts is the most interesting "chinar" thing he's posted

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ok is this guy for real? Or is this a terminal case or no why

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Oohhboy the problem with your posts is that even if there might be good or relevant information in them, which there rarely is, it's buried under so much inane crap and rambling garbage prose that no one is going to be able to extract it. You're basically writing for yourself, which is fine, but isn't Facebook ultimately the better venue for your whiny bullshit and oddly sexualized reviews of children's rides? Facebook even has a feature where they'll remind you a year later of what you did. At least then your audience of one, you, will be able to relive the magic over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Has anyone listened to the most recent economist podcast "is this the end of asias rise?"

You can listen to it in the background as you read oooohboys diary entry

• Locked thread