Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
you know

this virtual universe would explain how the kobold of supervillains came back: armin zola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 15: Self Control

http://i.imgur.com/0iMcvik.gifv

The gods have seen it fit yet again to spread cheeks and jam cock in rear end

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I find it a little weird that they'd put all the Fake Quakes in the basement where Daisy could and did find them completely by accident.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jetfire posted:

I find it a little weird that they'd put all the Fake Quakes in the basement where Daisy could and did find them completely by accident.

Aida did say that this batch of LMDs had problems with subtlety.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jetfire posted:

You'd think they'd have been fully clothed.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
What if Framework Ward is really real Ward and Daisy is his biggest regret?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I don't think the Framework is accommodating a regret-fix for Daisy and Jemma (or, further, for the general public). Aida comments that she specifically restarted it to deal with the regrets of those that were physically captured. The mechanic is a tool to placate the captives, because they're otherwise dealing with some of the smartest and/or most capable people on the planet and want to be very sure they won't wreck things or break out.

It just so happens that when the program re-simulates the world with the taken alterations that it ends up this way. The handwave to how that all works to create a believable and similar-to-reality world is just "the Darkhold did it", as commented near the end of the episode there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yakmouth posted:

You're absolutely right. That said, I think going the divergent timeline route makes for a stronger story. I'm betting that that's how it plays out.

Like, Aida's never scanned Daisy (or so the show seems to have implied) and has never met Ward. If she was making things up at random then why would she bother putting them together? It's more likely she has some Darkhold-gifted ability to create a perfect mirror universe and then tweaked the timeline to better pacify her patients.

It's possible I guess that Couldon was a secret Skye/Ward shipper and Aida's playing to that.

Well you can just hand wave Ward away with knowledge Aida has from SHIELD files or knowledge the others had. If I were to guess Aida's reasoning for sticking Daisy with Ward it might have to do with her just being traumatized by the Ward betrayal so Aida made Ward never betray her or her OK with it. Or if Daisy never got scanned it's just Aida guessing from files and memories. She knows about the Ward betrayal so she reasons out that if she makes Ward a good guy then Daisy will be fine.

Monkey's paw kind of stuff where Aida doesn't understand emotional nuance enough so she makes bad conclusions like "Daisy wants her family" so she ends up with Jaiying going for inhuman supremacy. Or "Daisy has been hurt by the men she loved" so Aida sticks her with the first one she lost in the SHIELD files.

Either way I doubt they touch the movie stuff once they steer wide of that usually and they have the perfect excuse to just ignore it here because it never happened.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jetfire posted:

Excuse me, I believe the proper term is "Daisy Fleet"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also this was the episode where Aida went from creepybot to psychobot. That thing at the beginning with the power saw and the thing at the end with the Russian dude getting Futurama'd seriously made my skin crawl.

e: she cut off his loving head while he was still conscious and reanimated it, fffff

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 23, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chokes McGee posted:

The collective noun is a field of Daisys.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Anals of History posted:

The gods have seen it fit yet again to spread cheeks and jam cock in rear end

I AM YOUR DOMINUS!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo finally caught up. I was lukewarm on the Ghost Rider arc it was fine but holy poo poo this arc was a slam loving dunk.

Also Simmons has to be alive in that universe somehow. She hacked in and saw active avatars for both Daisy and her. Unless dead avatars still show as active.

Also I love the fact that I was hating and laughing at how bad the superior "main" plot was and how it was weird as hell how he kept getting name-dropped when the Doctor and Aida seemed so much more important.

That payoff was the second greatest payoff in the series.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 23, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

They finished principle photography (ie: most of the raw filming). They had not finished effects, color correction, editing, or scoring on the other two movies when the first premiered, and they were doing pick-ups and reshoots well into 2003.

I remember (and google bears this out) the original theatrical release of Fellowship accidentally had somebody's car zooming through the scene in the wheat field when they remark how far they are from home. They edited that out of the DVDs.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 23, 2017

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Please blow the rest of the season's budget on getting Robert Redford for an episode.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone mentioned that they thought time moved faster in The Framework, but that's not the case. If anything, it moves slower. Radcliffe scolded Aida for removing him before 24 hours had passed, and she told him that it had been exactly 24 hours. That tells you it moves slower.

Now, last episode, when Jemma looked at the footage, it said 4 LMDs were detected, and we saw Daisy, Coulson, Mack, and Mace. But if Daisy wasn't an LMD, then who was the 4th LMD? The only thing I can think is one of the Daisy LMDs was there, and actual Dasiy was brought in later, and unconscious?

Also, I loved when Jemma is stabbing Fitzbot, and he goes from, "NO! NO! NO!" to just staring at her like, "Are you done yet? No? OK...".

hiddenriverninja posted:

yes everything about this episode was the best! Human-detecting hug, the field full of Daisies, quake-douken, WARD, June

show is best :haw:

OK, who is this June person?

BlueBayou posted:

Man. Remember when this show was bad?

How far we've come

It was never bad.

hamsystem posted:

The season finale will show the gang in the director's office celebrating a hard earned victory. The camera will slowly zoom out to reveal them inside a snowglobe. It'll zoom out a little farther to reveal the snowglobe hooked up to the framework machine.

Sadly, I understood that reference...

Pan Dulce posted:

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

OK, first of all, nobody ever said biggest regret. Aida literally said one regret. Not biggest, not smallest, just one regret.

Also, in the interview linked earlier in the thread, Jed and Mo said that Aida's tampering has caused ripples in The Framework, which altered things, and lead to what we see at the end.

The changes have nothing to do with the actions of the people in The Framework, and everything to do with Aida making changes and restarting it.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Radcliffe will have to be the one who saves them at the end, in the Framework. He's always wanted to save people.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Jetfire posted:

Fake Quakes
I like it

Chokes McGee posted:

Good

Bruceski posted:

Also good.

Unfortunately, we've all missed the term up till now.

Skyenet

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kheldarn posted:

OK, who is this June person?

May++

OB_Juan posted:

Unfortunately, we've all missed the term up till now.
Skyenet
Nah, that was already the singular.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Kheldarn posted:

Now, last episode, when Jemma looked at the footage, it said 4 LMDs were detected, and we saw Daisy, Coulson, Mack, and Mace. But if Daisy wasn't an LMD, then who was the 4th LMD? The only thing I can think is one of the Daisy LMDs was there, and actual Dasiy was brought in later, and unconscious?

At that point the screen says 'compile all report totals: 4 LMDs detected', so I assume it had also counted Fitzoid coming through earlier.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

My favourite part of this episode was how, when Fitz did the knife-flip, my immediate thought was "gently caress yeah Fitz! You show that SIMmonds (Jemmandroid? Simmonster?)"

Then he made me sad.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

That episode was beautiful start to finish. Psycho Jemma, Fitzbot, Quake hadoukens, Mays last stand...easily one of the best eps this show has had. The tension never let up.

And now we're diving into the framework. God I love this show.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crashbee posted:

At that point the screen says 'compile all report totals: 4 LMDs detected', so I assume it had also counted Fitzoid coming through earlier.

Ah, I missed that. Thanks!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For some bizarre reason, I got a serious case of Deja vu when they showed the shot of Cou1s0n and Fitzbot looking at the broken iMack and walking down the hall.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

For some bizarre reason, I got a serious case of Deja vu when they showed the shot of Cou1s0n and Fitzbot looking at the broken iMack and walking down the hall.

that means they've changed the Framework somehow :ohdear:

e: vvv heh :smug:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Relax, that's just a glitch in the Framework.

Edit: God Damnit! :argh:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Bruceski posted:

If they hold hands, it's a Daisy Chain.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pan Dulce posted:

My question is, in this distorted reality, when the hell did Daisy (and she totally not going to be called Daisy, she's Skye in this alternate reality) meet Ward? At what point did she say it was her biggest regret?

Anything for another "THAT'S NOT HER NAME" shoutout

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Anything for another "THAT'S NOT HER NAME" shoutout

Been resisting saying that so much in response to all these poo poo robot nicknames.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I know he's done a lot of reprehensible things, but I really felt bad for radcliffe and his fate.

I hope they upload his consciousness into an lmd, because I like having him around. :)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

Or worst case scenario, into someone else?

Also, really glad Mace is still around. God I hope he survives the season.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

shades of eternity posted:

I know he's done a lot of reprehensible things, but I really felt bad for radcliffe and his fate.

I hope they upload his consciousness into an lmd, because I like having him around. :)

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Anyone got an over/under on Ward transferring himself out of the Framework and into an LMD?

I want these things so much.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Since the LMD arc is over, I wouldn't expect any of the LMD tech to make it to the end of the season intact.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

It would also be entertaining for Daisy to be dating the pun-making actor Brett Dalton in this alternate universe. Really, I am just hoping that all of the actors get to play somebody fairly different -- such as a May who smiles a lot more, a happy and well-adjusted Ward, a raging jerk Fitz, a bumbling Coulson.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

Since the LMD arc is over, I wouldn't expect any of the LMD tech to make it to the end of the season intact.

Well we don't know how much of the HQ was wrecked and the Fitz LMD was going down to program the Daisy's to go wreck poo poo so there might be some aftermath to clean up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I dunno. LMDs play a pretty big part in the comics, mainly as an out for killing characters, but also sometimes to make a character essentially immortal (see: Agent Preston), though most don't know they're an LMD (see: Dum Dum Duggan). This paves the way to bring them to the big screen portion of the MCU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There you go again thinking the films actually care about AoS again.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sure, 99.99999999% of the time, they don't. But if they can steal LMDs and not have to origin story them, there's a chance they might...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kheldarn posted:

I dunno. LMDs play a pretty big part in the comics, mainly as an out for killing characters, but also sometimes to make a character essentially immortal (see: Agent Preston), though most don't know they're an LMD (see: Dum Dum Duggan). This paves the way to bring them to the big screen portion of the MCU.
I mean Tony did make an LMD joke in the first Avengers movie so it wouldn't be unprecedented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kheldarn posted:

Sure, 99.99999999% of the time, they don't. But if they can steal LMDs and not have to origin story them, there's a chance they might...

My dude.

Come on.

• Locked thread