Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Probably Magic posted:

I know it sounds lame to know that I would've stopped being a Titans fan if they had drafted Winston, but it's poo poo like this.

Nah, I wouldn't blame you. Winston is the Mirthless of NFL players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Jay Cutler not giving a poo poo his way to a No Trade contract is the best NFL move of our time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

He's made $112m, he really can be like "gently caress you, I'm out".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

GaussianCopula posted:

The guy who never could should up and his brother were fired, that's what happened.

Oh GC. Germans have schadenfreude but not sarcasm.

Nice title by the way.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

evilweasel posted:

He's made $112m, he really can be like "gently caress you, I'm out".

isnt that what orton did, just walked out the door and straight to a bar and never left?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

isnt that what orton did, just walked out the door and straight to a bar and never left?

Yeah, he said he was going to get his wallet and would be right back. And then never came back.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just like my daddy.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

That's a helluva redtext :eyepoop:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't wait to watch only 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter because I forgot it was on

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/834825677853560834

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Replace the hall of fame game with the Pro Bowl.

That'll get people watching in early August

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

JJ Watt goes down with a back injury right before the season starts sounds pretty neat to me

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

I googled the anime guy on the bottom left and confirmed he's from Pokemon.

It's a good reminder that no matter your station in life, you will sit down with your kids and watch Pokemon and Air Bud movies.

don't need kids for that

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

a neat cape posted:

Make it so all the inductees, including coaches, reporters, league personnel etc. have to suit up and play.

Also send Roger Goodell across the middle every snap in 15 years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

Make it so all the inductees, including coaches, reporters, league personnel etc. have to suit up and play.

Also send Roger Goodell across the middle every snap in 15 years.

I mean, I was going for something that might be feasible. Long off season, have your all star game with its dumb rules aso the very first "game" of the year. The players that were in the superbowl get to play, everyone is excited for football to be back, turn it into an actual big event celebrating football being back and the hall of fame ceremony

OR your idea, I guess

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

a neat cape posted:

I mean, I was going for something that might be feasible. Long off season, have your all star game with its dumb rules aso the very first "game" of the year. The players that were in the superbowl get to play, everyone is excited for football to be back, turn it into an actual big event celebrating football being back and the hall of fame ceremony

OR your idea, I guess

I'm sure your all-stars want to play in absolutely meaningless game the week before (pre)-season starts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Probably not, but anything is better than the current probowl and hall of fame game. Eliminating one and replacing the other seems like a net positive.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Neither one is going anywhere anytime soon.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you take away the pro bowl/HOF game you won't have football that day.

Which is pretty much the same situation as just not watching it.

So just don't watch it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

a neat cape posted:

OR your idea, I guess

Players who want a free trip to Hawaii >>> players who want a free trip to Orlando >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> players who want a free trip to Canton

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Can't wait to watch only 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter because I forgot it was on

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/834825677853560834

i'll watch it if we draft mahomes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What they should do with the pro bowl is have the yearly awards ceremony before it, and maybe devote some time during the shitawful game to sideline interviewing the various winners. So those guys get the spotlight of those awards to themselves instead of it being dumped out the night before and promptly ignored in pre-Superbowl hype.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skills

Competition

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/mattyinfante/status/834867963916333056

makes you think

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jennalaineespn/status/834871619285684228

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hm

Suspicious. You left off his Kill Count. I wonder why.

-Omar

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

This was a guarantee to happen. He's a great dude just never found a role in Tampa. Maybe he can make Metapod happy and return to Tennessee.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets released Breno Giacomini and Nick Folk, saving $7.5m in cap space. There will be more blood to come.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I can't believe I'm about to say this but I definitely am not opposed to bringing giacomini back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

weird Asian candy posted:

I can legit say I have never sat down with my kids and watched Pokemon or Air Bud. I did watch one of the awul "Whatever Buddies" movie once when they were littles, but never again. I did just introduce them to Princess Bride last movie night and I feel like that was a parent win.

I have never sat down with my kids to watch Pokemon either. I have, however, sat down to watch Pokemon for hours and hours and hours

e: those Buddies movies are the absolute pits so of course my 3 year old loves them

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 23, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I definitely am not opposed to bringing giacomini back

Me too :shepicide:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Manoueverable posted:

I don't think you can have fant and giacomini on the field together, it would average like 3 penalties per drive

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

This was a guarantee to happen. He's a great dude just never found a role in Tampa. Maybe he can make Metapod happy and return to Tennessee.

I would like that very much

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Where all the child prostitutes at?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kalli posted:

I don't see LT on that poster.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Man, if they really had all gone in their prime I'd watch that poo poo on repeat.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

You can tell Shatner demanded to be in front and with the arm out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

The guide is looking down amusedly at Shatner's cropped out left arm

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sweeper posted:

I don't think you can have fant and giacomini on the field together, it would average like 3 penalties per drive

But Giacomini at least was good at pissing off defenders to the point they'd commit a personal foul

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breno is bad and injury prone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Which is why he'd be such a good fit in Seattle (again)

• Locked thread