Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I had the same. Some people suggested it was the Prefixes mod. I also seem to recall seeing posts saying it had something to do with one of the bigger pack mods, Thorium or Tremor, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
A look at the forum thread for the Prefixes mod suggests that that's the issue, and I just switched it off and the invasion went as usual. Apparently the mod creator is aware, but hasn't got time at the moment to work on it. The posts are fairly recent though (last few days), so fingers crossed that it gets fixed soon.

That's not fixed the issue of Defender Medal items not having any tooltips when buying from the Innkeeper, but that's not nearly as much of an issue in my mind.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is summoning a bad build choice pre hard mode? I'm just coming back to the game after a long break.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's only one pre-hardmode armor set that boosts summoning, and you have to kill the bee queen to get it. You can't really even HAVE a summoning build for most of pre-hardmode, so yeah I'd say it's not really an option. Even once you get the bee armor I don't think the damage of the bee or imp summons (the only decent pre-hardmode summons) are enough to handle more than trash mobs. They certainly take a long time to kill the Wall of Flesh.

Very Melon
Sep 4, 2011

The_Final_Stand posted:

A look at the forum thread for the Prefixes mod suggests that that's the issue, and I just switched it off and the invasion went as usual. Apparently the mod creator is aware, but hasn't got time at the moment to work on it. The posts are fairly recent though (last few days), so fingers crossed that it gets fixed soon.

That's not fixed the issue of Defender Medal items not having any tooltips when buying from the Innkeeper, but that's not nearly as much of an issue in my mind.

The tooltip issue is caused by the Dushy's Upgrades mod, as per the Terraria forums. Unfortunately, it looks like the mod's author has been MIA for 2+ months so its unlikely that it will be updated (the mod is also read-protected so there's no option to just fix it yourself).

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I use large world enabler for terracustom? I can still only choose the default options. I assume I can enable it through the "keep previous custom size" thing but where can I actually set those?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Asehujiko posted:

How do I use large world enabler for terracustom? I can still only choose the default options. I assume I can enable it through the "keep previous custom size" thing but where can I actually set those?

One of the options on terracustom lets you adjust world width and height sliders.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Really enjoying the modpack posted here for my 50th or whatever playthrough of this game. Anyone who used the modpack recommend any other mods that work well with the pack? Just don't want to miss out.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

mune posted:

Really enjoying the modpack posted here for my 50th or whatever playthrough of this game. Anyone who used the modpack recommend any other mods that work well with the pack? Just don't want to miss out.

I hope you removed the tech mod because it clashes horribly with everything else.

e. this one

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 28, 2017

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Half tempted to just make my own mod because the modpack's honestly not really doing it for me. :(

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Ambaire posted:

I hope you removed the tech mod because it clashes horribly with everything else.

e. this one

Yep, definitely did! Good call on everyone for taking that one out.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Hot off the presses, Re-Logic Dumps Engine Software because they were moving to slow on the development of Otherworld.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/05/terraria-otherworld-switches-to-new-developer/

This game is not gonna be seen until 2020 isn't it?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Hot off the presses, Re-Logic Dumps Engine Software because they were moving to slow on the development of Otherworld.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/05/terraria-otherworld-switches-to-new-developer/

Heh.

Speaking of slow development, there haven't been any news about 1.3.5 in a while.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

On the one hand, I had zero hopes for Engine Software given the track record of their previous titles, regardless of their glacial development pace.
But on the other, Pipeworks software has even fewer titles to their name, and nothing stands out -- just stuff like Zumba Fitness, Deadliest Warrior, the PSP port of Monopoly, and "Charm Girls Club: Pajama Party". Looks to just be another shovelware/lazy port developer of not particularly any higher standing. As it stands I'm still waiting till Terraria 2 is announced before harboring any optimism.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Vib Rib posted:

On the one hand, I had zero hopes for Engine Software given the track record of their previous titles, regardless of their glacial development pace.
But on the other, Pipeworks software has even fewer titles to their name, and nothing stands out -- just stuff like Zumba Fitness, Deadliest Warrior, the PSP port of Monopoly, and "Charm Girls Club: Pajama Party". Looks to just be another shovelware/lazy port developer of not particularly any higher standing. As it stands I'm still waiting till Terraria 2 is announced before harboring any optimism.

Yeah I know I said 2020 but Otherworld is going to be lucky to get released. When I first saw the trailer I thought it was neat twist on the Terraria style, but now 2 years down the line and the only trailers are still from 2015 and it getting shifted to another developer just makes it seem like it's sinking.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Ah, Pipeworks, the studio that got booted off Rollercoaster Tycoon World by nu-Atari. They got replaced with another studio that made this, which was allegedly an improvement over what Pipeworks had done.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Haven't played since launch.

What are some good quality of life mods for the base game?

The modpack posted a few pages back as more added content than I'm looking for. Also getting some crashes with it even with the prefixes mod disabled.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

hats4cats posted:

Haven't played since launch.

What are some good quality of life mods for the base game?

The modpack posted a few pages back as more added content than I'm looking for. Also getting some crashes with it even with the prefixes mod disabled.

There's a mod called Quality of Life that lets you make floating island items, convert between alternate ores (iron -> lead, demonite -> crimtane, etc) and some other nice features like that without tossing a ton of content at you.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Is there any idiots guide to installing the modpack type writeups anywhere? It sounds amazing, but I've never seen a multimod pack that didn't have at least one guy assuming you knew by magic how to get everything working together.

Edit: and without going back over the thread, which modpack would the Goonmind reccomend?

King Doom fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 11, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

King Doom posted:

Is there any idiots guide to installing the modpack type writeups anywhere? It sounds amazing, but I've never seen a multimod pack that didn't have at least one guy assuming you knew by magic how to get everything working together.

Edit: and without going back over the thread, which modpack would the Goonmind reccomend?

Get tmodloader, use the provide mod browser to pile on whatever sounds interesting, enjoy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I have something like 2 dozen mods of various sizes installed and haven't run into a conflict yet.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ive decided to push tmodloader a bit and im currently downloading a plethora of mods that add tons of items, monsters, and bosses.

I think im at around 3000 new items, 30 or so bosses, and 600 new mobs? Something like that anyway. Cant wait to see how broken Terraria will get with all these addons.

Continueing to download stuff, ive about tripled the new item count. This is going to be so dumb.

edit, so many mods dont work with the new tmodloader :(

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 18, 2017

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

grimcreaper posted:

Ive decided to push tmodloader a bit and im currently downloading a plethora of mods that add tons of items, monsters, and bosses.

I think im at around 1500 new items, 30 or so bosses, and 600 new mobs? Something like that anyway. Cant wait to see how broken Terraria will get with all these addons.

Continueing to download stuff, ive about tripled the new item count. This is going to be so dumb.

I've been playing with the modpack that's been posted in this thread, keeping everything that's possible up to date. Loot runs are impossible with how many items drop and clutter your inventory and vanilla boss treasure bags usually have extra drops added from 3-4 mods so that's fun as well.

If you haven't started yet, I think I would recommend not rolling with the Tremor mod. More recently they seem to have edited some vanilla recipes to add requirements for mod loot making stuff like Chlorophyte bars a huge pain to get the normal way.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

YF-23 posted:

I've been playing with the modpack that's been posted in this thread, keeping everything that's possible up to date. Loot runs are impossible with how many items drop and clutter your inventory and vanilla boss treasure bags usually have extra drops added from 3-4 mods so that's fun as well.

If you haven't started yet, I think I would recommend not rolling with the Tremor mod. More recently they seem to have edited some vanilla recipes to add requirements for mod loot making stuff like Chlorophyte bars a huge pain to get the normal way.

Thorium (not tremor, sorry) and most of the Big mods arent working currently with the 9.2.3 tmod loader. Im just gonna screw around with what i have until everything else gets updated. Really sucks that Tremor is making things more difficult. Chlorophyte stuff was always where i started to hate getting materials.

Also, upon further reading, it appears Tremor mod is really screwing things to make the game much more difficult. They are increasing difficult mob spawns early game and blocking access to many of the almost-endgame stuff and gating it behind new items that are post-endgame drops (if i read it correctly, which i may not have becuase im super tired.)

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 18, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna concur with not using Tremor. It also adds some really stupid and annoying enemies to early areas and about 50 town npcs to house. Game got a lot better when I dumped it.

I keep threatening to dump Thorium while I'm at it, mostly because I'm sick and tired of it's mess of too little too late sidegrades you have to grind forever to get.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 18, 2017

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
So is there a consensus on what mods to disable other than the Tech Mod? I installed the modpack a while ago but haven't played since, and I think I should probably start with a fresh install...

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

lol at this post I just opened up my old world and found this in situ after a year of forgetting about it.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

lol at this post I just opened up my old world and found this in situ after a year of forgetting about it.

On the upside your not running the Space Nazi mod with the 3rd Reich ship from Starbound as the backdrop to that picture.

Almost a shame your not actually. Youd get some seriously riled up people if you did.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/854458622704799746

1.3.5 tomorrow????

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Today apparently. They tweeted a few minutes ago that it's live.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

quote:

Fixed Grand Design and Multicolor Wrench emitting light on use

Boooo. That was one of my favorite 'exploits' to find caves and stuff.

e. full patch notes here

e2.

quote:

Added Zoom and UI scale sliders in the in-game settings menu
Hell yeah, it'll finally be playable at 1440p+

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone know how to downgrade to 1.3.4? Gamelauncher doesnt support 1.3+ for downgrades

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well that was inconveniently timed. I was planning to play more of my modded world today.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Can mods be loaded without tmodloader? Everyone seems to be waiting for tmodloader to update.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Books On Tape posted:

Can mods be loaded without tmodloader? Everyone seems to be waiting for tmodloader to update.
I think in order o make a not tmodloader mod you'd need to completely replace the recipe/item/unit/etc files the game uses.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Just finished off Calamity in my big mess of mods just now. It's pretty decent but kinda falls apart post-Plantera. The Terra Ray is just completely ridiculous to the point that you can sit still during an eclipse with 30x spawns from some other dumb mod crap and hardly get touched. Moon Lord went down in seconds to that.

I got a legendary Vesuvius super meteor staff thing way back and it kept getting stronger with each boss kill til it was doing over 5k damage with each of the half dozen meteors from each shot, when nothing else was doing close to that. Supreme Calamitas didn't much care for that and ceased to be in short order.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
I really hope that Terraria Otherworld gets a release date announcement soon. I've played too much Terraria and need some new content, and I'm excited for a more storyline-driven focus.

Has re logic even suggested a general release date? The last I remember was that they were shooting for a 2016 release.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Charles Mansion posted:

I really hope that Terraria Otherworld gets a release date announcement soon. I've played too much Terraria and need some new content, and I'm excited for a more storyline-driven focus.

Has re logic even suggested a general release date? The last I remember was that they were shooting for a 2016 release.

Considering they just fired the original dev team not even a month ago I wouldn't expect to hear anything yet.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
gently caress, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Charles Mansion posted:

gently caress, really?

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/changing-of-the-guard-an-update-from-otherworld.56207/