Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Doltos posted:

There's a whole list of mind boggling non-trades that I can only tack up to there being no market. Like the Suns are a bottom feeding team with no hope of success with their current roster and yet Tyson Chandler didn't get moved despite them having like 6 centers on the team.

Tyson Chandler was washed before he got to Phoenix and like he's been through the washer a couple more times since getting there and is angry 100% of the time and hates this gilded prison of basketball and the only hope of trading him was like Magic (Johnson, who was on an airplane, or Orlando, who was busy at Disneyworld before the local season pass blackout for spring break kicked in).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

King Baby is loving weird and New Orleans should be ashamed

Weird is a compliment in New Orleans

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Panzeh posted:

Shaq is garbage in that show because he can't take a joke or really banter. Webber was so much better.

They added a much-less-funny-than-Barkley character when they already had Barkley. Shaq is horrible on that show and he makes it bad. He can barely speak.

Also, Alonzo Mourning was a much better and more important the year Miami won its first title.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Who's making the Favourite NBA player thread for this season and how much is Embiid going to win by?

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Rick posted:

Tyson Chandler was washed before he got to Phoenix and like he's been through the washer a couple more times since getting there and is angry 100% of the time and hates this gilded prison of basketball and the only hope of trading him was like Magic (Johnson, who was on an airplane, or Orlando, who was busy at Disneyworld before the local season pass blackout for spring break kicked in).

I half expected him to find his way back to Dallas. Not that it would make any real sense, from either perspective; just the universe restoring the natural order of things.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Chairchucker posted:

Who's making the Favourite NBA player thread for this season and how much is Embiid going to win by?

Embiid might have trouble with home town support. There are so many Sixers to choose from.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

NotWearingPants posted:

They added a much-less-funny-than-Barkley character when they already had Barkley. Shaq is horrible on that show and he makes it bad. He can barely speak.

Also, Alonzo Mourning was a much better and more important the year Miami won its first title.

Mourning was good but he played 20 minutes a game and only 10 per game in the playoffs, including only 66 in the Finals. He was also asked to do basically nothing on offense so he could burn his entire, very limited, gas tank in short bursts of intense defense. It was a smart way to use him cause it was probably all he was capable of at that point.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Tony Snell had a pretty good game last night

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

King baby is incredibly good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

Sorry you don't appreciate carnival.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Sharparoni posted:

the elusive quintuple zero

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is that a record most minutes in a game with 0 points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Is that a record most minutes in a game with 0 points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks

i tried to look but basketball reference doesn't let you add that many criteria. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kibner posted:

Sorry you don't appreciate carnival.

Honestly I didn't really like New Orleans when I was down there. The food was amazing but the people generally sucked and walking down any street felt like I was on the internet without my ad blocker on. Also it's an ugly as gently caress city and everything around it looks depressing as hell.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Doltos posted:

Honestly I didn't really like New Orleans when I was down there. The food was amazing but the people generally sucked and walking down any street felt like I was on the internet without my ad blocker on. Also it's an ugly as gently caress city and everything around it looks depressing as hell.

One of my coworkers who was there working the game said a lot of the same things. The way he described it made me think of all of those descriptions of Brazil right before the Olympics. Oh cool, all of those kids are out playing soccer in the street and are experts at avoiding the broken glass and vomit all over the place

The rest of my coworkers loved the trip, so he might just be a bit odd

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Doltos posted:

New Orleans is my favorite city in the country for so many reasons, and some people are going to make fun of you for this opinion. But it's not a city for everyone. Some people just don't connect to it and that's okay.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

N: Payne to make Bulls debut tonight.
V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Henchman of Santa posted:

Weird is a compliment in New Orleans

New Orleans is the kind of weird Austin wishes it could be. Easily one of the best cities on the continent. Lol at that float. They must have felt like idiots after the Boogie trade.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sharparoni posted:

More important: Super Cool Beas in the starting lineup :swoon:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Glumslinger posted:

One of my coworkers who was there working the game said a lot of the same things. The way he described it made me think of all of those descriptions of Brazil right before the Olympics. Oh cool, all of those kids are out playing soccer in the street and are experts at avoiding the broken glass and vomit all over the place

The rest of my coworkers loved the trip, so he might just be a bit odd

The trip itself was okay. I was with friends on a bachelor party and we hit the sights. And like I said the food was amazing. Never had so many amazing meals. Its just that it's quite blatantly a tourist city and hasn't recovered significantly from Katrina yet.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's weird that Beasley has bounced around the league on so many teams when it's pretty clear he can put up numbers. I wonder how bad his attitude could possibly be and what kind of insanely detrimental chemistry issues he has.

Or is he just (in this example and others) a dude who is filling it up for a bad team because he can?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

The trip itself was okay. I was with friends on a bachelor party and we hit the sights. And like I said the food was amazing. Never had so many amazing meals. Its just that it's quite blatantly a tourist city and hasn't recovered significantly from Katrina yet.

This is completely true. It may never recover, tbh. That's not going to stop people from trying, though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Libertine posted:

It's weird that Beasley has bounced around the league on so many teams when it's pretty clear he can put up numbers. I wonder how bad his attitude could possibly be and what kind of insanely detrimental chemistry issues he has.

Or is he just (in this example and others) a dude who is filling it up for a bad team because he can?

Beasley is by all accounts a nice guy and a good teammate. He just seems to have the attention span of a 4 year old.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Libertine posted:

He is incredibly bad at defense.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

SunshineDanceParty posted:

But it's not a city for everyone. Some people just don't connect to it and that's okay.

This is also true.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Sharparoni posted:

Meanwhile, let's check in on Michael Carter Williams

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/835297998422880258

Love a good nobody wins trade

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NotWearingPants posted:

The show is really what got me into the NBA beyond Detroit, and it was so much about the synergy between the three hosts, like Top Gear. They added a moronic bully who thinks he's a comedian while also much better than everyone else around him. He kills the energy of the show, he needs to be dropped off in the wilderness

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

nachos posted:

Beasley is by all accounts a nice guy and a good teammate. He just seems to have the attention span of a 4 year old.

What? Both locker rooms in Miami and Minnesota ripped him apart after he left. He's a friendly guy but isn't very focused on basketball.

He has skills, but he's not very efficient, plays bad defense, and doesn't have a true position. He'll probably keep playing for a while since he can create offense for himself, but you won't see him on many winning teams.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

xbilkis posted:

I still don't understand how I'm a better shooter than MCW.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I still can't believe Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari didn't get traded.

Yo you promised 10 dollars to charity if they weren't.

http://www.oceanconservancy.org/

I nominate this anti overfishing charity

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 25, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Why doesn't JaVale just ignore Shaq? Shaqtin a fool isn't hurting his career. Things like saying he already has enough money and doesn't see why he should improve do.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Spacebump posted:

Shaqtin a fool isn't hurting his career.

The argument from the Warriors including Kerr is that it might have because even he had a preconceived notion of McGee as a person before they acquired him.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

xbilkis posted:

Despite the nothing game, Snell is shooting 40% from three.

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

Hand Row posted:

Despite the nothing game, Snell is shooting 40% from three.

"You miss 60% of the shots you don't take."

-Tony Snell

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ishin posted:

The argument from the Warriors including Kerr is that it might have because even he had a preconceived notion of McGee as a person before they acquired him.

Lol if a team is really making personal decisions based on a TNT segment.

In unrelated news, Carlisle gave nice public farewell messages to Anderson/DWill. Bogut has not received one.

edit:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/835329873132441602
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/835610157954527232

Much like Kerr, Cuban also sticks up for his players.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/835611483262308353

This is a huge move for the Cavs if DWill can be healthy.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 25, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Why doesn't JaVale just ignore Shaq? Shaqtin a fool isn't hurting his career.

Uh, it definitely did a lot to influence the common fan's perception of Javale being braindead. He was and is a punchline largely because of it

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yo you promised 10 dollars to charity if they weren't.

http://www.oceanconservancy.org/

I nominate this anti overfishing charity

I already took care of it itt minutes after the deadline when I probably should have been working. Let no one say I welched. I would've gone with a dog rescue but euphronius went with a charity that would actually benefit humans.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's chicago's favorite agent

quote:

Derrick Rose's agent, B.J. Armstrong, said that he and Rose understand that the Knicks were operating in their best interests when talking to opposing teams about a Rose deal before the trade deadline. "It was an opportunity to see what his value truly was throughout the league," Armstrong said on Sirius XM NBA radio on Saturday. "So as you can see, through all the reports, there were teams that were interested in him and what he does and what he brings to the court."

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
rockets collecting all the no defense guys

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/835578333211459584

Chinanu Onuaku just put up 27/20. He's also shooting 73% on free throws. Only something like 100 attempts so far though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
GSW shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone or trade for anyone.

If people start getting hurt, tough. You managed with 5 guys before.

• Locked thread