Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I have never heard the term adulting outside of a self deprecating joke like "Paid taxes for the first time. Finally getting used to adulting!" Or "went grocery shopping and came back with fruit snacks, beer, and potato chips. How do I adult?" Y'all are straight up old men sitting on a porch wondering about all the crazy lingo kids use.

I was vaguely wondering if that was happening but didn't want to say anything lest I be revealed as the Old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

None but I recently modded mine

You should play burnout 3: takedown

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I found it

I watched someone today on Twitch play through the entire Sponge Bob the movie video game on original Xbox.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And DMC1

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't have the skillset for Devil May Cry but I'll give Burnout a look sure!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chronicon looks like a real cool action RPG that I want to get once it's out of Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375480/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I need some recommendations for good or weird PS2 games to buy and then rip to my hard drive for better load times.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chulip

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
R.AD.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Why is it covered in chocolate spatter???

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

As if I don't already own chulip. :jerkbag:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Adulting, as I see it used on tumblr / amongst my friends and myself, generally means that ugh, we're gonna go do our chores / pay the bills / go to work - do all of that super tedious stuff that goes into having a clean home, having enough money to live on, all of that stuff that we don't enjoy doing, but understand is good and necessary to live. I mean, who wants to clean the bathroom? No one! But it has to be done or else we live in a cesspit, so, well, adulting.

If we're actually depressed and having trouble doing stuff, that's something else entirely. Feeding yourself generally isn't seen as "adulting", and more self-care.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

As if I don't already own chulip. :jerkbag:

is one piece mansion ps2

e: it's ps1 sorry. i'm sorry

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
I'm 21 and I've never heard a person say adulting irl, so I can only assume you guys hang out with weirdos if your friends say it regularly

I do however say things like lol outloud so who knows

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Boy, Phoenix Wright is real good. Funniest Japanese game I can think of at the moment

I'm supposed to be saving it for my longish flights coming up, but I can't put it down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I'm supposed to be saving it for my longish flights coming up, but I can't put it down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kEKW_lL5k

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Problem Sleuth posted:

I'm 21 and I've never heard a person say adulting irl, so I can only assume you guys hang out with weirdos if your friends say it regularly

please don't be 21. be like 27 or 28.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Would you let someone who became a lawyer because they liked phoenix wright defend you in court

The games have been out long enough for a wave of strange video game attorneys to have emerged from the shadows

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do Japanese courtrooms just not have a jury?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Boy, Phoenix Wright is real good. Funniest Japanese game I can think of at the moment

The people who localized the first 3 games deserve some kinda award.

The other games aren't badly localized or anything but gosh darn did those first 3 knock it out of the park with replacing the wordplay and getting the timing to work in english.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Yeah or like "I did the dishes, paid all the bills, and vacuumed. Adulting sucks"

Verbing weirds nouns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lizard Wizard posted:

I need some recommendations for good or weird PS2 games to buy and then rip to my hard drive for better load times.

The Warriors

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Problem Sleuth posted:

My friends may be weirdos, but they're my weirdos. :3:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Do Japanese courtrooms just not have a jury?

I think Japan uses an inquisitorial system like France does, where the judge more actively decides verdicts

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Cowcaster posted:

please don't be 21. be like 27 or 28.

Sorry :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They also seem to be into the "Guilty until proven innocent" deal that was popular in France too!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I dearly hope that nothing in Phoenix Wright games is true to life because what the gently caress. Witch trials are conducted with more even-handedness.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

precision posted:

I dearly hope that nothing in Phoenix Wright games is true to life because what the gently caress. Witch trials are conducted with more even-handedness.

someone didn't play professor layton vs phoenix wright

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

The Japanese court system is Not Good, although it was worse when the first Phoenix Wright games were made.

They recently returned to a jury system like 8 years ago I think, while before it was just a judge.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oddium posted:

someone didn't play professor layton vs phoenix wright

someone was right to save their $30

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land, is basically unplayable on the disc but is loving amazing running on a hard drive.

The hazards of releasing a game on CD for the PS2.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Baroque!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wizardry: Tales of the Forsaken Land, is basically unplayable on the disc but is loving amazing running on a hard drive.

The hazards of releasing a game on CD for the PS2.

Wait, what? I had that game and played the gently caress out of it, in what way was it unplayable? Load times? I don't remember them at all, and I tend to remember poo poo like that (Okage was so loving good except for the load times).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

precision posted:

Wait, what? I had that game and played the gently caress out of it, in what way was it unplayable? Load times? I don't remember them at all, and I tend to remember poo poo like that (Okage was so loving good except for the load times).

PS2 had notorious issues with blue disc games. Some PS2s couldn't read them at all, others could read them but would constantly chug or making grinding noises. Maybe this was fixed on slim models or something? I tried about 3 different models of fat PS2s back in the day and they all had the same issues, TotFL was basically unplayable, GGX1 wouldn't run at all, for some examples.

The load time, even when working correctly, was pretty drat slow in that game too though. So HD Loader made it 100% more tolerable IMO.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah that's weird, I played it on My First PS2 which was a 2001 model. By 2004 it had stopped reading DVD games but it would still read CDs.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The common problem with PS2s was that the laser would unalign itself and make it unable to play certain random types of discs, although there were sometimes weird workarounds.

My first PS2 eventually made it so that CD games would only work when the system was vertical.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Man, that's so weird. Maybe I just always got lucky with my hardware, but my PS2 was fine throughout its lifetime. I'd fire it up next time I have a chance to check even now, too, but needing the hardware itself has been outdated thanks to how far PCSX2 has come in the past five years.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I would also like some weird bad games.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Apparently some models of PS2 you could adjust the alignment of the laser to fix the issue, but I tried doing that with mine and never saw any difference at all.

Mine was a later model (maybe 2004 or so) so I wouldn't be surprised if they started using cheaper CD lasers over time or something like that.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Unlimited Saga. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted: