Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mini Metro: Auckland can go screw itself. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What's everyone's favorite controller to use with Steam? I like my wired 360 controller that I've had for years, but the dpad is balls. I'd also just like a second controller for playing with other people on PC locally. The Steam controller is on sale right now, but I hear lots of mixed things about it? Leaning towards a DS4, though I don't care for the weird touchpad thing on it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The DS4 is probably one of my favorite controllers. In actual play you probably won't even notice that there is a touchpad on it. For convenience's sake I have an old DS3 plugged into my PC right now which also works great

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Unlimited Saga. :getin:

are those JRPGs? I have finite time as an adult.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In actual play you probably won't even notice that there is a touchpad on it.

I did play through all of Bloodborne and more recently about half of Nioh with it, and... I mean, I guess you're right. Does the touchpad generally get mapped to anything on Steam? I hear Steam got native DS4 support recently, does that work well or do I have to fiddle with it a lot?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

You should have phrased this "Adulting leaves me with finite time"

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah. Unlimited Saga is perfect for playing for like 2-5 hours just to :psyduck: at the mechanics/translation/menus of the game and then never play it again.

There's actually some cool and fun stuff in the game but it's buried under a mountain of bad design and half-finished everythings.

That's what I was interpreting your request for 'bad weird games' as though, so maybe that's not what you're looking for.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Unlimited SaGa was great and I'll brook no dissent

So I just tried Sonic Generations for the first time ever. It's a very Sonic game. 90% of the time I don't seem to have any control over where I'm going, and the game does not seem to want me to care about that, despite having hidden unlockable things that require you to replay the level only going slower so you really get a good feel for Genesis era control responsiveness

I like it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The noticeable input lag on the Steam version is not an artifact of the Genesis emulation, it's just an engine problem.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was fighting the robot dog boss in Nuclear Throne and was sure I was about to die since I had no ammo on my only decent gun. Then I found a minigun in a chest...

This game is real good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I need some recommendations for good or weird PS2 games to buy and then rip to my hard drive for better load times.

WAY OF THE SAMURAI 1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

The noticeable input lag on the Steam version is not an artifact of the Genesis emulation, it's just an engine problem.

I'm playing on PS3 tho. It's not input lag, it's the design decision to have Sonic handle like rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I would also like some weird bad games.

Michigan Report From Hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What's everyone's favorite controller to use with Steam? I like my wired 360 controller that I've had for years, but the dpad is balls. I'd also just like a second controller for playing with other people on PC locally. The Steam controller is on sale right now, but I hear lots of mixed things about it? Leaning towards a DS4, though I don't care for the weird touchpad thing on it.

I use an 8bitdo SNES recreation controller

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just use a cheap Logitech controller because I'm too lazy to walk 30 feet to the bedroom and get a PS4 controller, and also I can think of maybe one PC game I own that I legitimately prefer using a controller with.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

The xbone dpad is significantly better than the 360.
I'd say DS4 for most people, xbone if you have big manly hands.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xbone controller has the best support with Windows 10, so I use that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/AarongRamsey/status/669019197200969729

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/likeCHOB/status/826459833155022849

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone, what's up in here

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Mark of the Ninja is soooo goooooood I just unlocked ravenous insects and my elite guard problem has been taken care of. :unsmigghh:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are cats supposed to make those sounds.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Also here are some big wolves

https://twitter.com/kirayusa/status/827264135813423106

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I installed Civ V with the expansions and DLC from the Humble Bundle a few days ago, but I've got that thing where I can't be bothered to start up a game and try to play it :/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I installed Civ V with the expansions and DLC from the Humble Bundle a few days ago, but I've got that thing where I can't be bothered to start up a game and try to play it :/

I hate when that happens, it bites. It's like "hey wouldn't it be cool to do ___" but your brain's just all "meh gently caress it let's just sit here and do nothing" instead

StrixNebulosa posted:

Mark of the Ninja is soooo goooooood I just unlocked ravenous insects and my elite guard problem has been taken care of. :unsmigghh:

I never played it but it looked neat. Come to think of it, I haven't played any of the Klei games I own outside of trying and utterly failing to make a mod for Don't Starve.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sniper Elite IV finished downloading but FF14's siren call keeps me from playing anything else, at least for very long

I need help

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

FirstAidKite posted:

I never played it but it looked neat. Come to think of it, I haven't played any of the Klei games I own outside of trying and utterly failing to make a mod for Don't Starve.
I cannot recommend Mark of the Ninja and Invisible Inc. highly enough.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I hate when that happens, it bites. It's like "hey wouldn't it be cool to do ___" but your brain's just all "meh gently caress it let's just sit here and do nothing" instead

Mark of the Ninja is the best stealth game ever made, and Invisible Inc is one of the best strategy games ever made, so please, please treat yourself. Don't Starve doesn't hold a candle to these two games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yes. Unlimited SaGa is about the developer's sexual obsession with arcane mathematical formulae. Pier Solar is about the developer's sexual obsession with public breast feeding

FirstAidKite posted:

It's pretty cool. I enjoyed it for sure. I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best <anything>, but it was exactly what I was looking for the gameplay to be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It isn't even that I want to play don't starve. My fiancee likes it a bunch and I wanted to make a mod for it for her but modding it is insanely annoying because of a lack of documentation on what does what and the tutorials that exist not covering everything I'd need to know in order to mod it. :\

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I wish the Shank games were better. A beat-em-up with guns and chainsaws styled after robert rodriguez movies sounds cool, but in practice, eehhhh. Mark of the Ninja is pretty much perfect tho.

Also:

https://twitter.com/KMinami89/status/835438844866502656

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

A beat-em-up with guns and chainsaws styled after robert rodriguez movies sounds cool, but in practice, eehhhh.

Isn't that just Mad World?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Isn't that just Mad World?

Mad World is more styled after Frank Miller comics. And doesn't really have guns that you can use. And rules, unlike Shank.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Would shank be better with greg proops and john dimaggio narrating it?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Would shank be better with greg proops and john dimaggio narrating it?

Would anything not?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Would anything not?

My posting.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

making the ears is always problematic... when i look at the face, i had a good feeling!

this job's a gift from god

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cracked open whisky, playing yakuza 4 again, cool guy akiyama owns, I didn't quit my job. Cheers my fellow goons

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm not a fan of the Steam Controller, but I know some people like it. If you can, try one out before you buy it.

I bought a wireless Xbox One controller a few months ago and I love it. If you're only going to use your controller wired, either an Xbox One controller or DS4 would be a good choice, but I found the Xbox One's wireless dongle to be more reliable than a USB BlueTooth dongle on my PC, so since I sometimes play on my TV on a couch far from my computer, a reliable wireless option is really nice.

The newer model of Xbox One controllers has much nicer bumpers than the first generation and a pretty nice d-pad. At the same time, if you plan on playing a lot of games that are better controlled with the d-pad, the DS4 might be a better choice, just for the d-pad's size and more accessible location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ciaphas posted:

Sniper Elite IV finished downloading but FF14's siren call keeps me from playing anything else, at least for very long

I need help

FF14 is really great.

I was thoroughly bored of MMOs in general when i first tried it but it is just so chill and forgiving to new players that i fell in love with it straight away.

• Locked thread