Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mafia 3 would've been cool with GTA San Andreas' gang wars style gameplay where you could like, do survival mode stuff occasionally in random locations to take neighborhoods from other gangs. That was pretty fun and a cool idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Are there stats on what percentage of people buy DLC/season passes? I guess it's obviously enough to be worth it since every dev does it but I think I've bought DLC for like 6 games ever

Heres an article about it from npd last year

https://mygaming.co.za/news/pc/108405-how-many-people-actually-buy-dlc.html

Looks like 28% of people have bought it but much lower numbers go for dlc than micro transactions regularly due to cost or perceived value

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 26, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Finished Nioh main story, it was a lot of fun and I recommend it to anybody who likes action/souls games. If you want to wait until it's cheaper, that's cool but make sure to play itttt. The story is pretty dry but it's no really the main draw, with the exception of drunken one-eyed cat. However, I found a gamebreaking ability that made the last couple bosses a pushover. Don't get the mage ability that slows enemies down unless you want most bosses to be way less challenging.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is it worth playing single player against the AI? Or do you play it with friends?

Sorry for the late reply, but I play against the AI. None of my friends play it, it was hard enough to get them to get them in on Carcassonne even though we play that in person a lot and everyone loves it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Soul Reaver owns

I remember when I was a kid I was legitimately shocked at how gory it was

it's not quite how I remember it

Soul Reaver was neat, i remember thinking it was kind of like an Evil Zelda game.

I also seem to remember that right after i got a bunch of skills and seemed ready to unlock a whole bunch more game the game instead just ended.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dinosaur Jr. might be the only good reunion I can think of, in terms of making good studio records. Reunions in music tend to be awful. I've actually been really hesitant to listen to the new Pixies record because I haven't heard good things. However, Doolittle and Surfer Rosa are loving amazing, and I've heard they're still on point live. I may try it now, though.

Oh poo poo, they have two new albums. I was referring to Indie Cindy, which is really good, I haven't listened to Head Carrier yet.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
What's a good game to play on my (non-gaming) laptop? Looking for something I can play for a 30 minute break every day or so. I have FTL, Dungeon of the Endless, and Dungeons of Dredmor which I like, but looking for something new.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

thehoodie posted:

What's a good game to play on my (non-gaming) laptop? Looking for something I can play for a 30 minute break every day or so. I have FTL, Dungeon of the Endless, and Dungeons of Dredmor which I like, but looking for something new.

Desktop Dungeons is similar to those games and also short, good and cheap-ish.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

thehoodie posted:

The Binding of Isaac

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

thehoodie posted:

Caves of Qud, Dungeonmans, Invisible Inc, Brigador, Copy Kitty - please give us a genre, there are lots of cool games you can play on laptops.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Spelunky Spelunky Spelunky

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BillBear posted:

Real talk, Shadow of Mordor loving owns and it's nemesis system really needs to be used in other games.

It's probably patented

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

thehoodie posted:

Ultimate Space Commander?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

corn in the bible posted:

It's probably patented

So was Eternal Darkness' sanity system and that didn't stop anyone from ripping it off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

It's probably patented

It showed the possibility of all the extra ram in this gen. I'd be interested to see more experimentation beyond just nemesis

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I went and saw the lego batman movie today.

It was good! I had a fun time! :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Didn't the PS360 versions of the game not have the Nemesis system? Like, why even bother? I guess it was still early enough in the console transition to justify it, but still

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't the PS360 versions of the game not have the Nemesis system? Like, why even bother? I guess it was still early enough in the console transition to justify it, but still

It also ran like poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I went and saw the lego batman movie today.

It was good! I had a fun time! :)

yeah

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a kitten posted:

Soul Reaver was neat, i remember thinking it was kind of like an Evil Zelda game.

I also seem to remember that right after i got a bunch of skills and seemed ready to unlock a whole bunch more game the game instead just ended.

There was alot cut from the game. I browsed the heck out of this website way back when.

http://thelostworlds.net/index.html

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REC7daXbjho

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

In Training posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is some grade-A video game word salad

There are 5 other permutations of those words and they all sound equally plausible and stupid.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

thehoodie posted:

Nuclear Throne, Darkest Dungeon, Rimworld

Also

CJacobs posted:

Spelunky Spelunky Spelunky

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

thehoodie posted:

Desktop Dungeons for sure
Guild of Dungeoneering is also good, maybe even better (though less crunchy and more random/casual and you really want the expansions for the better loot cards and the Ice Cream Monk)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There are 5 other permutations of those words and they all sound equally plausible and stupid.

just wait forthe sequel horizon one mid-morning and you'll see why it was the way it was

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

just wait forthe sequel horizon one mid-morning and you'll see why it was the way it was

Zenith One Dusk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why isn't called Dinosaur Robot Hunter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Zenith One Dusk.

Apogee three noon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It should be called Shadow of Death Retribution

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know one should never preorder but I'm sort of tempted to preorder Horizon Zero Dawn Apogee Five Midnight just so I can start it downloading Tuesday morning and play it right away that night, because it looks like something I would like

Which, going by posts here, makes me wonder if I would have liked the Far Cry games at all

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Why isn't called Dinosaur Robot Hunter.

I'm not sure whether that's about a robot who hunts dinosaurs, a person who hunts dinosaur robots, or a robot dinosaur who hunts, but I like all the options.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is that Spend 100, get 15 back deal still up? I know I am going to play Horizon, Nier, and Persona, might as well lock that in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I know one should never preorder but I'm sort of tempted to preorder Horizon Zero Dawn Apogee Five Midnight just so I can start it downloading Tuesday morning and play it right away that night, because it looks like something I would like

Which, going by posts here, makes me wonder if I would have liked the Far Cry games at all

the only thing wrong with preordering is how mad it makes people. its your money and your convenience

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Horizon: Divided By Zero: Dawnbringer

I'll take my paycheck in bitcoins

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

It should be called Shadow of Death Retribution

I've found your main character

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

There's a bit just before the end boss where you see a bunch of visions of the future, all that stuff was originally actually going to be in the game instead of shoehorned into sequels but got cut because it was already a year or more behind schedule.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Real hurthling! posted:

the only thing wrong with preordering is how mad it makes people. its your money and your convenience

To be fair to people who get mad, they're usually right about both preorders and early access :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

FC3 in particular has maybe the least likeable protagonist in a video game ever, which maybe was kind of the point(?) but either way it really dragged the experience down for me.

People compare Horizon to Far Cry a lot but to me it looks more like straight up Tomb Raider.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Why isn't called Aloy: Dinosaur Robot Hunter.

Touched it up a little.

exquisite tea posted:

FC3 in particular has maybe the least likeable protagonist in a video game ever, which maybe was kind of the point(?) but either way it really dragged the experience down for me.

The poo poo hit the fan at full speed when it turned out the writer thought FC3's story was like the cleverest thing ever.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Female Turok but for Robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

People compare Horizon to Far Cry a lot but to me it looks more like straight up Tomb Raider.

Yeah Patrick Klepek of Waypoint said it was straight up "Tomb Raider but with a better story and robots"

• Locked thread