Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hamsystem posted:

The Gated Age of Gaming

This is an acceptable term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ImpAtom posted:

We're in the Final Age of Gaming because it won't be long before we don't have time or money to spend on big-budget niche entertainment, assuming we're still alive.

This is probably true

That said I am insanely hyped for SoM2 but even the press release makes it sound way too ambitious, like the first game was barely above 'really cool tech demo the barest semblance of plot' so adding base management and reactive environments and such sounds improbable or half-baked at best. Like just give me a larger variety of orcs and a larger variety of ways to kill them in new and exciting locales and someway to keep it challenging after the first theee hours, don't over-complicate it.

But then I'm the guy who played Ground Zeroes for almost as long as TPP so maybe I'm just weird :shrug:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If I already downloaded one dlc for Miku and I buy the second does that download too or can I just hop right in

I mean the demo was 9.7 for two loving songs

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wolfsheim posted:

This is probably true

That said I am insanely hyped for SoM2 but even the press release makes it sound way too ambitious, like the first game was barely above 'really cool tech demo the barest semblance of plot' so adding base management and reactive environments and such sounds improbable or half-baked at best. Like just give me a larger variety of orcs and a larger variety of ways to kill them in new and exciting locales and someway to keep it challenging after the first theee hours, don't over-complicate it.

But then I'm the guy who played Ground Zeroes for almost as long as TPP so maybe I'm just weird :shrug:

Have a link to the press release?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

verbal enema posted:

If I already downloaded one dlc for Miku and I buy the second does that download too or can I just hop right in

I mean the demo was 9.7 for two loving songs

separate downloads.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

separate downloads.

Faaart

Whatever it's my day off

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Press F to Pay Respects Defeat Sauron

Wrong game.

Press F to kiss Sauron.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Press X to SAURON

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

the upcoming remake of Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap

Cool, this actually looks real nice.

https://youtu.be/MjJ4kqbnga0

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The reason I asked about the ps3 physical vs digital is I'm currently playing mgs2, 4, pw, and revengeance in an effort to get all the plats. I'm tired of disc swapping and want to use the spend 100 get 15 deal while I can.

And no I won't just pick one and play till plat that's a sure fire method to burn out!

So specifically, will those games gently caress up if I go digital but already have a physical disc save?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

We're in the Final Age of Gaming because it won't be long before we don't have time or money to spend on big-budget niche entertainment, assuming we're still alive.

Most popular games of 2019: Find the Food, Find Trash To Burn and Stay Warm, and Don't Get Nabbed By the Death Squads GOTY edition. Gaming in 2019 will be next level poo poo that even makes VR look outdated by being actual reality.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Actually. We might still get to experience all that in VR in the Old Country. It works for Russian Dash Cams, why not for Trumpian America.

Provided I don't get send to a death camp so refugees can get my stuff, like my PSVR.
Merkel is on her way out, but boy, this can turn bad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How long did people take to beat The Challenge in The Witness? I'm hoping to do this by Wednesday before I start on Horizon

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Once you know what every element is, it's not that bad but you will learn to hate that damned piece of music. It took me a few tries over the course of four or so days, it really didn't help that I could not understand the logic of the orange pillar room until someone hinted at what it actually was. Once you learn what each section is trying to make you do, you can learn to quickly see what is or isn't a good move. From that point actually finishing it is just down to getting a good run where you don't get held up or misled by any of the puzzles.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Oh boy, are these timed and randomised? I hope SGF gets to that in his LP.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Yeah, there's a particular insight I didn't twig to until inadvertently spoiled. With it completing it in a day is feasible if you're good enough to find the place. Without it you're sunk unless very lucky.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Yes, timed and randomised. So you can't memorise the solutions, you have to actually learn how the puzzles themselves work. And it turns out that Hall Of The Mountain King is a great tune to set this to, because as the music speeds up you start to panic, clumsily racing forwards and getting more and more frustrated with it. It also means you have a good idea of whether you're behind or ahead of where you need to be once you've done it a few times.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ImpAtom posted:

As long as poo poo holds together long enough for me to play through and beat Persona 5 I don't care if I die in nuclear fire.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

As long as poo poo holds together long enough for me to play through and beat Persona 5 I don't care if I die in nuclear fire.

what about persona 6 tho

or persona 5 platinum or w/e it'll be called

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The world isn't allowed to end until the Trails series is complete.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Megasabin posted:

The only correct stance is that gaming is currently in a golden age, and you can play excellent games on almost any medium. Just owning a PC or just owning a console would be enough to keep anyone occupied 100% of the time. Owning both is fantastic if you can afford it, and your main issue will be you won't even have the time to play all the good games out there.

Anyone on either extreme that says consoles or PC are defunct without exclusives either isn't aware of the current popular game libraries for each or is being purposefully ignorant.

We already had a golden age it was the 90s. This is the silver age or Neo Golden Age.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

The world isn't allowed to end until the Trails series is complete.

I hope the wait for trails of cold steel 3's localization isn't too long

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Most popular games of 2019: Find the Food, Find Trash To Burn and Stay Warm, and Don't Get Nabbed By the Death Squads GOTY edition. Gaming in 2019 will be next level poo poo that even makes VR look outdated by being actual reality.

Don't Starve.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr President posted:

We already had a golden age it was the 90s. This is the silver age or Neo Golden Age.

Based on the hype for Nier Automata around these parts it sounds like the Platinum Age.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

Based on the hype for Nier Automata around these parts it sounds like the Platinum Age.

mmm mmm that has a nice ring to it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TheDarkFlame posted:

Yes, timed and randomised. So you can't memorise the solutions, you have to actually learn how the puzzles themselves work. And it turns out that Hall Of The Mountain King is a great tune to set this to, because as the music speeds up you start to panic, clumsily racing forwards and getting more and more frustrated with it. It also means you have a good idea of whether you're behind or ahead of where you need to be once you've done it a few times.

Thanks for the heads-up. I had already read that it was randomized so I accidentally spoiled myself for some of the tricks in there. But I have been playing this game on and off since September and I think I'm about ready to wrap things up so I don't feel too bad about that or maybe using a guide to check off some of the extra things beyond what's needed for the platinum.

I believe my phone is going to fill up with screenshots of puzzles before I beat this, though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Likely leaked PS+ games for March: Tearaway Unfolded and Disc Jam

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lobok posted:

Yeah after their recent track record I'd say it's wait for review age. Platinum age was 5 years ago.

please be good, please be good...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah after their recent track record I'd say it's wait for review age. Platinum age was 5 years ago.

You mean their recent track record of good games and decent license trash.

The horror.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

veni veni veni posted:

it's been out in english since tuesday for those willing to create a JP psn account and i've heard only great things about it from people who have played

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I mean, expect a Yoko Taro game rather than MGR2 or Bayo3 but yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goferchan posted:

it's been out in english since tuesday for those willing to create a JP psn account and i've heard only great things about it from people who have played

Yeah It's looking like it's going to be good. I'm not that concerned but I have a few reservations so I'm definetly going to wait and watch some reviews/gameplay.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You mean their recent track record of good games and decent license trash.

The horror.

Uh. Bayonetta 2 was the only well received game they have made this gen. Transformers was garbage and the rest of the licensed stuff looks even worse. I guess a game being licensed doesn't count in the goon mind for some reason though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the PSN store still hosed up? When I try to buy Horizon on console I get a blank screen that only says "Choose a version to add to your cart" and nothing to select. On web I see a popup prompting me to choose the standard or deluxe edition but both of the options run away from my mouse and I can't click them.

e: Looks like it's only the upsell screen that's broken, I can add the deluxe edition to my cart just fine but I'd rather not pay $10 for a digital art book and a bunch of in-game resources.

e2: Gave up, bought via Amazon digital code

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 28, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

W101 was more divisive but got generally positive reviews, it's biggest problem being lack of effective mechanical explanations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah It's looking like it's going to be good. I'm not that concerned but I have a few reservations so I'm definetly going to wait and watch some reviews/gameplay.

Uh. Bayonetta 2 was the only well received game they have made this gen. Transformers was garbage and the rest of the licensed stuff looks even worse. I guess a game being licensed doesn't count in the goon mind for some reason though.

Transformers was loving dope as poo poo.

Star Fox Zero was not super great, but when it was being SF64 it was really awesome at that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Transformers was cool and Korra was decent for a £15 game, dunno what happened with the Turtles one though.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

goferchan posted:

I watched a couple hours on the live from playstation thing and it looked rad as gently caress, plus the music was amazing

First game I've digitally preordered since Witcher 3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always wanted to try WOW101 but yeah, how divisive it was kind of kept me from caring that I missed it that much. If I can snag a Wii U for cheap after the switch comes out it'll be on my short list.

Sakurazuka posted:

Transformers was cool and Korra was decent for a £15 game, dunno what happened with the Turtles one though.

I dunno, I am happy other people found enjoyment in it but I thought Transformers was insanely bad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Likely leaked PS+ games for March: Tearaway Unfolded and Disc Jam

Disc Jam is fun and may actually have Rocket League-sequel success push by being widely available for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Also holy bajole! That loving intro. Those graphics! (Zero Dong)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 28, 2017