Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Nazzadan posted:

How long should I wait...?

Ugh GUYS, she won't get OVER it!

Another terrible person who doesn't know what "mistake" means. Overcooking a piece of fish is a mistake. This dude willingly does things he knows are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Nazzadan posted:

Seriously, I mean is she gonna end this or what?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

Another terrible person who doesn't know what "mistake" means. Overcooking a piece of fish is a mistake. This dude willingly does things he knows are wrong.

oh like you've never tripped and fallen dickfirst into a succession of married women before

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

hahaha holy poo poo why is she still with him??????????

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Every morning I wake up and open palm slap my dog. He's a lab-weimaraner mix and right then and there he starts crawling and whining and being submissive alongside with his owner, me.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nazzadan posted:

The best part is that he's the one that keeps bringing it up, he says so himself. "Guys, I keep bringing up the situation where I've cheated on my SO 4 times and whenever I do she gets really mad at me, why?"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i have flawless five-step disarmament plans for the following combat scenarios: dog, small child, overly huggy aunt

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Doc Hawkins posted:

Every morning I wake up and open palm slap my dog. He's a lab-weimaraner mix and right then and there he starts crawling and whining and being submissive alongside with his owner, me.

Are you in a dom/sub relationship with the dog? If so how can you be sure it is consensual?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i have flawless five-step disarmament plans for the following combat scenarios: dog, small child, overly huggy aunt

this but unironically

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nazzadan posted:

Y'all have covered the important parts (ie that he sucks), but I'm left wondering what the two non-sexual times were.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Ouhei posted:

The best part is that he's the one that keeps bringing it up, he says so himself. "Guys, I keep bringing up the situation where I've cheated on my SO 4 times and whenever I do she gets really mad at me, why?"

"Hey babe, I just remembered something funny Karen said right after we hosed an-
Wait why are you crying, the funny joke wasn't even about you, idiot."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

hahaha, exactly, it's like he's expecting that he'll bring it up one day and they'll just start laughing about it like it was some hilarious misunderstanding

Doc Hawkins posted:

Y'all have covered the important parts (ie that he sucks), but I'm left wondering what the two non-sexual times were.

probably caught him in the sexting stage before he could actually get to loving

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I will let your dog get all up in my poo poo. I'll give it kisses. I don't even care if I break out in rashes all over because I haven't been around your dog and my skin decided to be a bitch that day. Good doggies deserve lovin's.

If that fucker attacks me, especially if you order it to, I'm going to damage your property, sorry. This does not apply to police dogs, as I do not want to be charged with attempted murder of an officer of the law.

Obviously I would rely on my skills as a master of Bartitsu to defend myself.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

*finishes banging girlfriend that still hasn't left for some reason*
"Oh wow babe, that was great. Even better than when Susan did that thing for me that she usually only does for her husba-
Oh my god I said you were better what is your DEAL"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I have also interacted with a dog before, guys.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Grem posted:

I have also interacted with a dog before, guys.

What's your KDR?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

i have seen a dog whimper because i did not give it a hot dog, it wasn't a sure sign of abuse
My roommate's cat acts as if I am actively trying to murder him for simply walking past him without giving him belly rubs. He is the doggest cat.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My girlfriend told me "we have to talk". We didn't. Should I sleep on my couch in my room or in the bed beside her?

quote:

This may seem like a silly question.. Like from a sitcom with a laughtrack. But I honestly don't know what to do.
We are a couple since 14 month and living together since 6 month. Last time we had sex was before Christmas, so two months ago. In the last few days she had first her period, during which she is kinda affectionate and friendly, but since yesterday she is somewhat cold and avoided touches/talking even eye contact. Today she told me "we have to talk about things" when she is back later. She has a horse and today was her day to clean the stable and stuff, which is physical demanding and took the whole day, so as she came back she went rather quickly to bed. I was in my room, bracing myself for the talk, but there was no talk and also no "hello" from her entering the home or a "good night".
So... of course I was rather agitated and troubled the whole day. And did feel a bit angry that she left me waiting.
Should I simply sneak into the bedroom and sleep beside her like nothing happened? This seems wrong to me. I want to show my scorn and I am also not happy with the relationship and I am sad about her.
Or should I sleep on my couch in my room to retread into my own space? But it is rather cold and I don't have a blanket.
"I'm MAD at her. So mad, that I shall sleep on the couch. That will show her!"

also this comment made me laugh

quote:

How old is she if she had her first period?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sleep on the floor at the foot of the bed like a dog. In the morning, jump at her and if she hits you to the point of whimpering it's time to let go

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Pick posted:

this but unironically

:same:

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

11 years after breakup my ex[34F] and I [34M] are back together. She posted it on social media and I'm upset.Relationships

submitted 4 hours ago * by MADATGF

quote:

11 years ago my girlfriend left me. She said she wanted to explore and be free while she was young. I was heart broken but just accepted the fact that it was her decision and after speaking with her father about my feelings I moved on with my life. We didn't really keep any contact but I called her a few months ago and we had a nice conversation. I find out she moved to the same city as me and we went out for drinks and sparks flew. Nice right?

Sure, but then she posted about the events on social media. I'll be honest, we've only been together about 2 months but what she wrote, to me, seems extremely self absorbed and has a "me me me" tone all over it. Frankly, I'm embarrassed by it. It makes me feel like people get a message that says she's so great and I'm a giant 11 year doormat. Maybe I'm overreacting? IDK? I have not said anything to her.
Here's the post

"11 years ago I broke up with a great guy because, bottom line, he was too into me. He wanted to settle down and be together, but I was 23 and had the world left to see. So I broke his heart and broke up with him. On Valentine's Day. (#savage)

He was so desperate to win me back at the time that he went and met with my dad. At the police station. Willingly.

He said to my dad, "Sir, I'm in love with your daughter," & asked Dad what he should do. Dad said "well, you know how she is…" and encouraged him that the wisest thing would be to let me go. Dad said if things were meant to be, I would come back in my own timing. I remember Dad calling me after he left to fill me in on what had just happened. I recall being impressed, but also that it did not change my course in the slightest.

Until now.

Last year, a few months after amicably parting ways from my previous relationship, and a few months before moving to Phoenix, I got a text out of the blue from an unknown number. It was Matthew. 11 years after breaking his heart, he was back in town, and he wanted to have dinner with me. After getting blessings from multiple important people in my life, I agreed to meet him for dinner.

I had no idea what to expect. I quite literally had not seen Matt in 11 years, so I was going into the whole evening curious at most. Until he walked around the corner and I saw him for the second first time. In that moment, everything changed. It was a mic drop, game over, he's my lobster type moment.

There are so many things that have happened in both of our lives in the last 11 years, so many good, and incredible, and hard things, but when the timing was right, God brought us back together and suddenly all of the cliché sayings that ever existed about love seemed less like bullshit and more like truth.

I'm not writing this to tell you to believe in love. I'm not writing this to tell you that life isn't hard or even that it gets easier. If you know my story, you know I know pain and you know I know loss.

What I am writing to tell you is that in every detail, in every smile, and every tear, God. is. good.

There is a God who is real, who is with you and for you and invested in you both in the deepest, darkest, most difficult times as well as the celebratory times where you are in a constant state of overwhelmed and overjoyed.

I have now lived through both first hand, and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that God has been real, and present, and relevant in both seasons. He cares about the details. He cares about your heart. He knows and wants to show you what is best for you specifically, not just what is good enough.

I don't care what political stance you take, what religion you claim, what race or sex or nationality you are, or whether or not you're a dog or a cat person. There is a God who loves you, who knows every detail of your story, who is in the business of redemption, and Matthew and I are living proof."

End Post

Am I overreacting to this?

EDIT: People want to know a little bit of her history. She dated around but nothing seemed to stick. Her dad actually committed suicide a few years back and I am sure that was very hard for her. I had not been pinning over her these last 11 years. I texted her to see how she was doing. I had learned about her father and seeing as she was in the same town I thought it would be nice to catch up. I will post an update.

I had a mix of feeling and not a single one of them was a good feeling when I read the post. My dad actually called me and said "what's all this Bullshit?".

That's how I found out. Thanks dad.

tl;dr: GF wrote post on social media, makes me uneasy. Am I overreacting

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

People really need to learn not to express themselves

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

11 years after breakup my ex[34F] and I [34M] are back together. She posted it on social media and I'm upset.Relationships

submitted 4 hours ago * by MADATGF

hahahah, wow

imo the only appropriate response is to comment on that post with "we're breaking up"

"i am not the pathetic loser God gave you to validate yourself, and if you think I carried a torch for you for 11 years you're more delusional than I was for ever thinking I could make it work with you again"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Hahahahahahah social media has so loving ruined our ability to keep our goddamn mouths shut.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"God knew I'd had bad luck, so he sent me back one of the fish I threw away! #blessed #pityfucks #loweringyourstandards"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Let go and let God (destroy your relationship)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
In the comments he says it has 300+ likes lol.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Back when I was a kid and we'd ask each other what super powers we wanted and why, I'd always answer telepathy, so I could know what people are thinking.

I'd answer differently these days. Thanks, social media.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I like to guess what it's all about after read the title then go back and see how wrong I was. I thought this dude was upset about her changing her relationship status or something. She's totally oblivious to the irony of "he was too into me" then her vomiting a those feelings.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Never hit dogs. I understand that dude was dealing with his dumbass girlfriend's poorly trained dog and panicked before his interview, but that is no excuse. Never hit dogs. He should have ducked out of the way and then yelled at his girlfriend for riling up her dog. It's not the dog's fault that it has a crappy owner. Don't take it out on the dog. Never hit dogs.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Never hit dogs. I understand that dude was dealing with his dumbass girlfriend's poorly trained dog and panicked before his interview, but that is no excuse. Never hit dogs. He should have ducked out of the way and then yelled at his girlfriend for riling up her dog. It's not the dog's fault that it has a crappy owner. Don't take it out on the dog. Never hit dogs.

what if it has a gun

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

if you meet a dog on the road, kill him

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pick will testify if she's not too drunk on power that I am a dog fanatic.
This dog argument is hilarious to me.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Can't stress this enough. Especially don't hit other people's dogs

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I think there's a difference between "I hit a dog because I hate it" and "I flung a limb in front of me to fend off a charging dog and wound up striking it" but whatever feel free to hate me for being an awful dog murderer :shrug:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm gonna kill a dog

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

\

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm gonna kill a dog

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
The flying labrador is actually a new "kung fu" movie releasing in 2018. (It actually features the jeet kune do fighting style but the genre is still known as "kung fu" movies.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it worse to have a big social media presence or have a social media account with no likes or followers?

The third route of "hell no don't be on social media" is of course the best choice. I think I was out of college by the time twitter got big, and facebook was still new when I was in college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Never hit a dog, ever? Not a wild pack of family dogs out for blood? Not a dog with a knife tucked in its collar? Not a shaved lab with white power tattoos and metal teeth?

E: chocolate lab in a white suburb gonna get shot by the police.