Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm pretty bad but I make up for it with scrap, hustle and sliding into 1st.

I'm the Nick Punto of softball.

This is an important role to play on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

beejay posted:

I had a dream last night that the NL got the DH and the Cubs signed Alfonso Soriano to play DH. He had grey hair and a grey beard and hit a bunch of dingers. I have no idea.

I think that was the original version of the ending to Raising Arizona.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The vintage baseball league fell through. I was the only female sign-up and the manager started by asking if my tits would interfere with baserunning. gently caress that. Hopefully I can get on a rec softball team this summer.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm pretty bad but I make up for it with scrap, hustle and sliding into 1st.

I'm the Nick Punto of softball.

GET MONEY!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

cis autodrag posted:

The vintage baseball league fell through. I was the only female sign-up and the manager started by asking if my tits would interfere with baserunning. gently caress that. Hopefully I can get on a rec softball team this summer.

to be fair sexual harassment is pretty accurate for that era

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IMB posted:

to be fair sexual harassment is pretty accurate for that era

I was going to say it sounds like that manager is just taking the era too seriously.

(For real gently caress that guy.)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Ah man, one of the old SAS Baseball posters passed yesterday. I cannot remember his forums name for the life of me though. I remember he was a pitcher for ECU though back in 2009 or so (at least that's when we became FB friends). Super nice guy, just had a child

Sad

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tom Gorman posted:

1) Definitely not
2) I thought that was Carl Everett, but if Sheffield doesn't believe in dinosaurs either I'm gonna have to switch stances. Something more normal, like Jim Leyritz or Tony Batista.

Go with the Julio Franco or the Craig Counsell.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Regnevelc posted:

Ah man, one of the old SAS Baseball posters passed yesterday. I cannot remember his forums name for the life of me though. I remember he was a pitcher for ECU though back in 2009 or so (at least that's when we became FB friends). Super nice guy, just had a child

Sad

Was that the guy who went on and on about the Mike Marshall method or whatever? Not trying to be derisive but that's the only thing that came to mind, SAS posters dying is sad :(

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I need help. I'm finally getting rid of this tragedy of an avatar and I wanna get Dansby up on this piece.

Thing is I'm not creative at all. Any ideas? Currently looking for pictures - only idea I had was something featuring the double play between him and phillips the other day.

I like this one too, but the sizing probably makes it tough for avatar size.

Please don't kill Dansby, he's so young and innocent

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

The ideal swing mindset is just to step up to the plate and imitate Gary Sheffield as closely as possible.

This is my strategy for beer league softball so I don't know how well it works in MLB but I figure there has to be some carryover.

hello my beer league gary sheffield bat waggle buddy

divx
Aug 21, 2005

TheChaosPath posted:

Please don't kill Dansby, he's so young and innocent

I suggest an Adonis Garcia av

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Goddamn Espinosa's facial hair is glorious.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jason werth looking good this spring training

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ego symphonic posted:

Goddamn Espinosa's facial hair is glorious.

I am so loving jealous of his moustache. I can grow a beard to compete with any of these guys but that loving 'stache is a thing of beauty.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I think I'm in love :swoon:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

that looks too glorious to even be real

im at a loss for words

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think I'm in love :swoon:

Javier Baez is going to be disappointed.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

loving poo poo I'm at half mast

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/fox5sandiego/status/836400630243577858

What the gently caress

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

We don't know how to deal with anything but "Sunny and 65+" out here in southern California, sorry.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

At least it's not sewage!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

it's not like they have WBC games scheduled there within a couple of weeks or anythi........

The 2017 Padres were already underwater before PetCo was.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 28, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Was there a typhoon or was the field designed for absolutely no drainage?

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

At least it's not sewage!

it's floodwater, some of it probably is.

Popete posted:

is the field is below street level? That would likely put it below sea level, which could cause a serious drain issue.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 28, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

will_colorado posted:

it's floodwater, some of it probably is.

Well it's still not Coliseum-grade in any case.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
The people who run Petco aren't used to rain, so they only have a gas station squeegee to dry the field.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Javier Baez is going to be disappointed.

He should have thought about that before he bleached his hair. :colbert:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Dingleberry Jones posted:

The people who run Petco aren't used to rain, so they only have a gas station squeegee to dry the field.

the "great googly moogly" guy from the 90s snickers commercials is bailing out the water with a red solo cup

will_colorado posted:

The 2017 Padres were already underwater before PetCo was.

:discourse:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

will_colorado posted:

is the field is below street level? That would likely put it below sea level, which could cause a serious drain issue.
It has rained a lot here the past 24 hours, and the field is roughly even with street level, which in that area is barely above sea level.

I wonder if there's something else going on though, because today was far from the first day of heavy rain we've had this winter.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Yeah today (and yesterday) was pretty light in comparison. Last week there was some pretty torrential downpours, and we've had many heavy rainstorms this year.

Danny Espinosa's beard is loving fantastic.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So what's with the split squad games, Jays had 2 games on Sunday. Is that just a camp thing?

Also it's stupid that the league won't let Martin play in the WBC

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

NiceGuy posted:

Was that the guy who went on and on about the Mike Marshall method or whatever? Not trying to be derisive but that's the only thing that came to mind, SAS posters dying is sad :(

No idea.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

How'd you guys miss this one?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So what's with the split squad games, Jays had 2 games on Sunday. Is that just a camp thing?

Also it's stupid that the league won't let Martin play in the WBC

Yeah, half the team goes to one game and half the team goes to another. That way the coaches can see more prospects and invitees in action during spring training. And you get to see dingers by minor league guys you've never heard of!

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, half the team goes to one game and half the team goes to another. That way the coaches can see more prospects and invitees in action during spring training. And you get to see dingers by minor league guys you've never heard of!

Fair, heard mets had this tea bow prospect that can foot balls or something, not sure how that's relevant to baseball tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DeepDickPizza posted:

How'd you guys miss this one?

loving hipsters.

• Locked thread