Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

RoboRodent posted:

An image posted to Facebook:

Purple is the original poster of this madness. Green shared it. Red is someone I know (a whackadoo in her own right) who commented on green's post.

:wtc: this is some A+ crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I'm guessing "wombmen" is because they ascribe special importance to the womb in a sort of spiritual sense? It's also interesting to see that the "semen is life force and you shouldn't waste it" thing isn't only for MRAs.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I'm pretty sure "wombmen" is because in these people's minds the womb is the most important thing about a woman

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
If only woo magazines were social media I might share some tidbits from those.

There's something magical when folks start talking about the healing powers of menstrual blood, crystals and herbs

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Labes for days posted:

I assume so, idk why they didn't just go with "womyn" since I thought using those types of terms was to remove the idea that women are just a variation of men.

Because the idea is to emphasize how women are vessels for sperm/children above all else. It's really just that fundamentally sexist, and thus with vastly different motivations than the 'womyn' crowd.

Hotep stuff in general would be a goldmine for this thread if anyone wants to go digging for it.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

"Wombman. Womb man. Wooooooomb man!"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Never fear, Womb Man is here

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Source: comments field under a PC Gamer piece on Mass Effect: Andromeda (this one).

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

RoboRodent posted:

An image posted to Facebook:

Purple is the original poster of this madness. Green shared it. Red is someone I know (a whackadoo in her own right) who commented on green's post.

I once told this guy about how there is a huge number of women who don't know poo poo about their own bodies. He proceeded to mansplain why this isn't true and why I was extremely wrong. Silly me for contradicting a member of Mensa in the first place.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Woebin posted:

Source: comments field under a PC Gamer piece on Mass Effect: Andromeda (this one).

one of the funniest things about the 'grr sjws' phenomenon is seeing a bunch of 20-something computer nerds become more judgey about dyed hair and piercings than my own grandma

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I've heard "wombmen" before, but it was because they thought that's where the "wo-" part came from.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sea horses are wombmen.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bean_shadow posted:

I once told this guy about how there is a huge number of women who don't know poo poo about their own bodies. He proceeded to mansplain why this isn't true and why I was extremely wrong. Silly me for contradicting a member of MensaMenses in the first place.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
On an imgur thread about Trump saying possibly, in context, the dumbest thing that has ever been said in human history.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
I love a good mansplain. It's easy when the women you're doing it to are citing your papers in theirs.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

No, no, I heard about the "Ashkenazi Jews are actually fake Khazars so the Holocaust the Rothschilds orchestrated wasn't antisemitic but a bizarre form of self-sacrifice aimed at dispossessing the true Jews" canard, but Baal-worshipers?

sick of Applebees posted:

I'm pretty sure "wombmen" is because in these people's minds the womb is the most important thing about a woman

Pretty sure they're a race from a lost Doctor Who episode.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Pretty sure they're a race from a lost Doctor Who episode.

Womb of the Cybermen?

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

#ittakestimetosuccessed

If at first you don't successed, tried, tried again

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

http://imgur.com/gallery/v1SLB

quote:

I have a pretty dark and mean sense of humor that's never been a problem with my friends or girlfriend. I make racist and sexist jokes all the time and get absolutely no scrutiny for it. But I make one joke about a transgender person and suddenly I'm the rear end in a top hat.

My girlfriends sorority sister is transgender and my girlfriend got a text from her saying she didn't know what to wear to a party. I said in an obviously joking tone "probably something that doesn't show her dick." I was immediately yelled at by my girlfriend and 2 of our friends.

I have no problem with transgender people and I respect them greatly. I say let them live their life and treat them like what they really are, a human being. And I am mean and rude and make offensive jokes about all human beings.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The way he retells his joke reminds me of the fake job applications/letters.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, no, I heard about the "Ashkenazi Jews are actually fake Khazars so the Holocaust the Rothschilds orchestrated wasn't antisemitic but a bizarre form of self-sacrifice aimed at dispossessing the true Jews" canard, but Baal-worshipers?
The old testament Israelites would basically abandon their religion and start worshipping Baal (or Asherah or Dagon or whatever other god was available) at the drop of a hat, so maybe it's related to that?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shbobdb posted:

All cats are Muslim :colbert:

Of course they are, because as we all know All Dogs Go To Heaven.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

It's an old antisemetic dogwhistle.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

tacodaemon posted:

quote:

I have a pretty dark and mean sense of humor that's never been a problem with my friends or girlfriend. I make racist and sexist jokes all the time and get absolutely no scrutiny for it. But I make one joke about a transgender person and suddenly I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Oh I assure you mate, it's not "suddenly".

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:lol:

"but I hate everyone equally, you just can't deal with my abrasive humor. I'm just like the hero from my favorite show, like Dr House or something"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My Word Is Valuable

I'm Watching

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Fathis Munk posted:

:lol:

"but I hate everyone equally, you just can't deal with my abrasive humor. I'm just like the hero from my favorite show, like Dr House or something"

Either his friends are also terrible or he's just oblivious to how much everyone hates him.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
If you guys find yourself on Reddit and you want a fun game, check out the profiles of people you see playing "devil's advocate" on posts about rape or anything involving women. They'll almost always have post history on the anime subreddit.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

If you guys find yourself on Reddit and you want a fun game, check out the profiles of people you see playing "devil's advocate" on posts about rape or anything involving women. They'll almost always have post history on the anime subreddit.

Online you can ignore the phrase 'devil's advocate' and replace it with 'This is what i believe'

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sloober posted:

Online you can ignore the phrase 'devil's advocate' and replace it with 'This is what i believe'

Or take the words "ironic racism" and simply remove the "ironic".

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I wonder how many perfectly good nerdy white dudes have been forever hosed by the 4chan/Red Pill climate on the internet.

Like, they could have ended up being your shy IT guy with a few Gundams on his desk, but instead they're trying to kill all the blacks and voting in fascists.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:yikes:

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Have you seen the Uber sexual harassment suit? That's what happens. Then read the comments and look at where the people work.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm phone posting someone please post the Brianna Wu moon rock lunacy from Twitter

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

sweet mansplaining

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

75?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
To be fair a terrorist force taking over the moon and launching rocks at the Earth from it sounds like a pretty rad video game.