Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
So anything remotely interesting happening in the " verse"
gently caress, does CIG even exist anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Skizomeuh/status/836496733668536320

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Needs more limited edition Porsches or a boat near Italy.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flwSQmvi2Q4

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
www.starcitizenreferralcodes.com - 6 ways to get star citizen recruits

quote:

Last but not least, use Google to advertise your code. This will cost you some money but it’s a lot cheaper than buying a Gladius. You’ll need to create a Google account and additionally create an Adwords account. You can get a voucher (value depends on your region) once you spend a certain amount. So let’s say you spend for an amount of $25, once you reach that amount you get a coupon worth $75. Don’t forget to activate the code in your Adwords account!
There are some beginner mistakes you should avoid to make this method efficient. I will write a detailed guide soon and will offer it as a downloadable PDF.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
INSTANT EVA ON SPAWN IN DEMIEN

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Instant EVA on spawn

ACTUAL RESULT
Instant EVA on spawn

EXPECTED RESULT
I would prefer normal FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLDoJ4LGykU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
FLOATING HUD / HUD GETS DISCONNECTED FROM HELMET AS YOU WALK AROUND

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Random occurrence after launching PU and walking around Port Olisar (if it happens again I'll make sure to take specific notes of the steps before it happened)

ACTUAL RESULT
Hud elements randomly disconnect from the helmet and float around when you walk around in first person (see attached video).

EXPECTED RESULT
Hud elements should be locked with the helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnwJoZFqaA

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
ship should make a turn upwards and fly in the direction the nose is pointing
start the game
Mantis GT-220 need to be turned upside down so the ammo feed belt is facing down like the others
FIX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>REC.. Payout for Multiplayer matches... Not goring to play for hours for nothing...
should not be able to hack the terminal like this before the game starts.
pressing 'x' should only skip the starting animation, it should not *also* ready the player and *also* put the player into prone.
Land or Suicide
The weapon ammo should have replenished by changing ammo clip I guess ( do not know if animation is already implemented for that.
Game shouldn't crash :P
REC should be able to be earned in game like it is supposed to. You should be able to grind out REC and use it accordingly .
enter avenger normaly
die and respwan.
When in precision (gear down) mode I would expect the reaction thrust (strafe thrust) to be reduced allowing precision flying with the gear down.
succesfully using a datapad should trigger the mission conversation. ( or spawn a ship ( Olisar) )
"Launch countermeasure" should be changeable!
No performance problems concerning framerate drops and ping issues for smooth playing impression
player goes upstairs without collision
Guns on spawn
Ships landed, should be standing still
Correct textures
It should have hit the target dealing massive amounts of damage.
The player should not die.
Not get kicked from game
There should not be any visual image such as this to detract from the immersive experience.
I would like to be able to fire all 50 whatever missels on the Connie
The quantum jump drive shall be only activated when locked into a jumppoint.
The ship should not accelerate.
Load menu in full screen
The ship should be at rest after a successful landing.
Your weapon projectiles should clear your ship and travel straight.
Should be able to see my arm cock back as soon as I press my grenade button.
Ship actually goes faster
When I target a destination with Quantum jump I should arrive at the destination and my B and F button should work so that I can jump again if desired.
Ships targeted should display in ship scanner.
All sounds play when the event call for it.
analyze gameplay and observe bugs then smash bugs
Vanduul/Pirates fly and fight as expected.
Should be able to open the cabin normally
Should be able to buy/equip the clothing
Shouldnt get stucked, shoud´ve entered the ship normally.
Shouldnt´ve died
You should have the right helmet but you don´t.
Pistol should work with 30 rounds.
Use button should work.
to be able to bind my joystick 1 rotation to rotz / roll
There should be no foot
To be able to actually use the turrets.
The Aurora to explode long time ago, specialy when the hull get riped of!! I mean it got no fueltank left so how can he fly and how can he shoot with no guns ??
Please make it download, I have a good internet speed 120mbps, so it should work good enough.
correct text would be "open" or "open door"
Cot shouldn't clip through fishtank
No extra Magazine should appear. When aiming down sights weapon sights should be clearly visible.
There should be equal amount of people on each team
Join the PU with no issues
Items rented form the Electronic Access store, should be available for load outs in game
The control inversion should work.
the game should not have frozen.
Can not get between partially closed door and wall, or will not clip through wall and get ejected from the station.
NPC should be sitting on the floor without bouncing.
Game should load in a balanced group near the beginning so one team doesn't get decimated for the first 10 minutes of the match.
respawn timer shouldve worked. POV shouldve switched to spectate teammates. Alt+tab should not result in an infinite blackscreen.
To climb the ladder and enter the cockpit as normal
To be able to see textures in the room
The hatch should open and close fully.
Game running and looking good
shield generator not visible on cabin floor

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Who loving cares about Star Citizen when....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERMGYQBXwc

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kosumo posted:

I'm voting thread title is getting old.

I'm gonna throw Star Citizen:Our Downloader will Vanduul your Internet as an option .... any others?

Star citizen : the shillening

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

MilesK posted:

lol, this entire video's pretty great

Batgirl: Can you explain the breakthrough behind the amazing procedural tech?
Brian Chambers: The 'pupil to planet' demo only got done because a senior technical director decided to make it himself, behind Croberts back, at home in his spare time.

Batgirl
: "Is there a range of planet sizes you can give us?"
Brian Chambers: "If I came up with a number right now, it would probably be a lie."

Batgirl: Should planets be giant and realistic like a flight sim or more of a rich immersive world?
Brian Chambers It's basically still in the design phase, and will continue to be, for a long time.

3.0 ... planetary landings ... December 2016

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Most of you probably don't like Jim Sterling but him and Conrad Zimmerman do a podcast where they (mostly) poo poo on video game movies. In the latest episode they tackle Wang Commander and it looks like they loving hate it. They probably don't go much into SZ or Croberts but I'm looking forward to the listen.
http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-spin-off-doctors-wing-commander/

Lodin fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 28, 2017

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/5EGMcyj.gifv

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

AP posted:

FLOATING HUD / HUD GETS DISCONNECTED FROM HELMET AS YOU WALK AROUND

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Random occurrence after launching PU and walking around Port Olisar (if it happens again I'll make sure to take specific notes of the steps before it happened)

ACTUAL RESULT
Hud elements randomly disconnect from the helmet and float around when you walk around in first person (see attached video).

EXPECTED RESULT
Hud elements should be locked with the helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnwJoZFqaA

I have no idea what they're doing, do they even know any more? How could someone program UI elements to have positional / network requirements?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Lodin posted:

Most of you probably don't like Jim Sterling but him and Conrad Zimmerman do a podcast where they (mostly) poo poo on video game movies. In the latest episode they tackle Wang Commander and it looks like they loving hate it. They probably don't go much into SZ or Croberts but I'm looking forward to the listen.
http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-spin-off-doctors-wing-commander/

If you like, or can at least tolerate, Jim Sterling this is quite amusing.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5wnnd9/some_info_on_the_cargo_system_spotted_on_spectrum/

:allears:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

I could watch this all day. :allears:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

starkebn posted:

I have no idea what they're doing, do they even know any more? How could someone program UI elements to have positional / network requirements?

Peon: So AI should take approx 5% per cycle, UI should take 2%, which are the current standards for gam...
Chris: How about!
*collective sigh goes around room. Chris thinks this is an acknowledgment of his brilliance*
Chris: How about we make the UI in the cloud!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

happyhippy posted:

Peon: So AI should take approx 5% per cycle, UI should take 2%, which are the current standards for gam...
*collective sigh goes around room. Chris thinks this is an acknowledgment of his brilliance*

*leans back in chair* ahh that's another great idea from me, chris Roberts, I think it's time for another vacation.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5wkvpa/old_docking_ports_will_be_scrapped_and_reworked/

Another promised feature scrapped:

Old Docking Ports will be scrapped and reworked
Because not all of us are constantly on Spectrum (maybe we need a Metathread where we can post relevant things?), ill just post it here. I found some remarks from CIG Matt Sherman noteworthy about the docking collars.
http://imgur.com/a/ANTdc
What do you think about the changes? And in which direction would you imagine or wish the boarding mechanics develop?

The natives don't sound impressed

Don't know why they'd be upset......TRANSPORTERS CONFIRMED!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
citizens on the Spectrum will never get old, and the information is :awesomelon:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I mean, you can easily see what they've done. Because the UI is on the inside of the helmet they've programmed it to be something on the inside of the helmet, instead of just being an animated UX thing.

They're loving crazy, and stupid.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Except this guy...

Star Citizen: Let's face it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

I think this sort of thing happens when you configure the HUD attached to the helmet, instead of having the HUD change depending on helmet type/on/off, attached to the camera. So the helmet and camera are separate elements and if helmet attachment to the camera bit goes wonky the HUD goes weird.

It's putting in a overly complicated system for no good reason in spaghetti code, like the attachment systems for weapons. Instead of having gun A and gun B (B being gun A with silencer), you switch between, you have gun A with lots of attachments, silencer being one that can fit on the barrel, but rifle magazine is a valid attachment too, so that's why you get rifle magazines blocking the end of the pistols.

It's almost like there's a complete idiot in charge there.

AP fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 28, 2017

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

AP posted:

It's almost like there's a complete idiot in charge there.

I love it. A game that wants to be a truly massive MMO (with 1000 people per "instance") with separate network-dependent location code for everybody's HUD display/helmet. Yeah, that'll work well. Truly Croberts is a visionary.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://vimeo.com/135836788

:gary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjKki1Xhzk&t=2262s

Bet he has some stories to tell, he's been there ages.

AP fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 28, 2017

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Five Completionist packs purchased in the past week, well done CIG! Game is good now, and there are 10 more Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G's in the 'Verse!

That's most likely more Completionist packs purchased in 7 days than were purchased in Feb-Dec 2016. (I don't have records for Jan 2016.)

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 28, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

happyhippy posted:

FF XIV 1.0 already did this. It was as big of a disaster as you think something Roberts came up with would be.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MinorInconvenience posted:

I love it. A game that wants to be a truly massive MMO (with 1000 people per "instance") with separate network-dependent location code for everybody's HUD display/helmet. Yeah, that'll work well. Truly Croberts is a visionary.

And this is it, right here. Chris Roberts made a couple of games in the early 90s that were extraordinarily simple because back then, that was really all you could do when you were making an arcade shooter. They were not simulators, they did not have deep, engaging storylines - they were a simplistic arcade shooter woven around a simplistic Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book.

Chris has absolutely no idea whatsoever how PCs work, or how games are developed. He's a man in way, way over his head, propelled to a position of unquestioned leadership purely through a reputation that was far more about luck and nostalgic name recognition than actual talent.

Chris has no idea about IO limits, networking limits, CPU cycle allocation, storage limits - he knows literally nothing. He thinks that making a game is literally a 1:1 conversion of the atomic structures in real life to having a PC mimic those structures. You build each item in the world with infinite polygons, you render everything whether visible or not, you create everything in the game as a 100% translation of how it works in real life (or his version of real life.) If it doesn't work, it's because the PC isn't powerful enough, or your people aren't trying hard enough, or you're not using the right tech.

When the rest of the gaming world sees a game with spectacular, realistic high-fidelity graphics, we marvel at the thousands of complex tricks the game developers leveraged to give that illusion of reality. Chris thinks it is reality, without tricks.

Chris thinks The Matrix is real.

A game under his leadership is doomed from the jump.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

boviscopophobic posted:

Five Completionist packs purchased in the past week, well done CIG! Game is good now, and there are 10 more Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G's in the 'Verse!

That's most likely more Completionist packs purchased in 7 days than were purchased in Feb-Dec 2016. (I don't have records for Jan 2016.)

Are you telling me that 5 people dropped $15,000 to purchase ships in a game that does not exist? How is this possible? I get that a lot of crazy and obsessive people exist out there. But so many wealthy crazy and obsessive people?? Something just feels wrong with the reported amount of daily/weekly/monthly funding. How many untapped whales can be left at this time?

MinorInconvenience fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 28, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/836593831147524098

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

MinorInconvenience posted:

Are you telling me that 5 people dropped $15,000 to purchase ships in a game that does not exist? How is this possible? I get that a lot of crazy and obsessive people exist out there. But so many wealthy crazy and obsessive people?? Something just feels wrong with the reported amount of daily/weekly/monthly funding.

i think hes pointing out how unlikely it actually is. CIG is loving with their own numbers to seem on the up and up.

e: bart taxxe

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Someone on reddit was complaining there was supposed to be a 10ftc on 3.0 this week with even a now deleted subscribers questions thread. Is that true?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Am I the only one that has trouble believing that 5 people randomly decided to spend $15,000 on a game, randomly, within the past week? I mean nothing has happened in the past week that that I could imagine would push someone that has been considering spending that much, on a game-- a single game-- over the edge. Surely, anyone that would spend 15k on a game has thought processes beyond the comprehension of a normal mind but I still refuse to believe 5 rich people saw the Hurricane and said 'That's it! that's the final straw I've been waiting for before spending $15,000.00 U.S.D.'.

TL:DR: That graph is absolute proof they fool with their income...

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Roflan posted:

Am I the only one that has trouble believing that 5 people randomly decided to spend $15,000 on a game, randomly, within the past week?

no. everyone here thinks that they are full of poo poo. the only other thing that it could possibly be is CR is gifting these out to people, family/friends, etc and then adding it to the counter as income.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

The simplest explanation for the funding tracker is that it counts purchases with fresh cash and with store credit the same.

If true, this would mean that if someone spends $1k then melts their ships and spends the store credit 5 times to buy the latest and greatest concept each time it comes out, their $1k in original cash will be counted as $6k on the tracker.

It seems more likely to me than the employee/grey market stuff.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Goobs posted:

no. everyone here thinks that they are full of poo poo. the only other thing that it could possibly be is CR is gifting these out to people, family/friends, etc and then adding it to the counter as income.

The only other possibility is that there is a small group of obsessive multi-millionaires buying these packages to fund the development instead of, I dunno, loaning the money to the company or purchasing equity in the company. Sounds plausible to me.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
2.7 Reconfirmed again:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125394718?t=10m05s

e: clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveFineSnakeFeelsBadMan (all ryan archer goes to Dark OFF for this)

InventiveFineSnakeFeelsBadMan indeed, twitch

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 28, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Goobs posted:

Or something even more nefarious and underhanded, the using of company funds to buy their own product.

CR see's the lovely amounts rolling in from the backers, company credit card to the rescue, *buys a completionist package*, checks back an hour or so later and numbers are still a little down, *buys a completionist package*, returns once again a bit later having just moved company funds around to pay off the company credit card, see's a few more people have seen the sudden spikes in interest from people who think the previous two CP's are genuine (confidence scam) and so part with some of their money.

All is good, credit card is cleared immediately and one of the other studios will take the 30k loss and chalk it into the ledger as 'company expenses re: coffee/misc/fixtures+fittings/resting bitch face corrective surgery-SG' and the funding tracker is up 30k plus whatever the backers add in from seeing such displays of product/brand faith.

There's probably an easier way to do it, but I'm off my loving nut flying higher than CIG's ship prices at the moment on what I can only describe as the best pain meds and 6ft talkative bunnycrab conjuring pharmacuticals I have ever had to take for any sport related injury. :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I liked the few minutes Lando spent to make clear only subscribers could ask questions from the spectrum chat, even pointing to the link and saying subscribers, sub scribe rs, subscribers.

Then about 10 minutes later for those just tuning in.

I should make clear only subscribers can ask questions from the spectrum chat, subscribers, sub scribe rs, subscribers.

Take a hint guys for fucks sake and give them money every month, this poo poo ain't free.

I've seen less obvious pitches on the shopping channel.