Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Maxwells Demon posted:

So: Bama, Clemson, Miss State, Ole Miss, Florida State?

Ohio State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
I don't think Ole Miss ever quite made it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

korrandark posted:

Ohio State?

Yeah Ole Miss was wrong (at least assuming we're talking the AP poll, I'm too lazy to look up others).

#1 teams until someone else took over for the last four years:

Week 1: Alabama
Week 15: Florida State
Final : Florida State

Week 1: Florida State
Week 8: Mississippi State
Week 13: Florida State
Week 15: Alabama
Final: Ohio State

Week 1: Ohio State
Week 10: Clemson
Final: Alabama

Final: Clemson

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

This would cause South Carolina to secede again.

I don't think anyone will fight it this time.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I guess there isn't like a $2 million/yr habitat they can just hide in and aim for "bowl more often than not" anymore in the age of Saban.

Tommy Tuberville is still kicking around

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dan Mullen is a really good coach and deserves whatever they want to pay him. That job is trash.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/836619029410263040

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

How should I feel about this? I don't know anything about Currie or K State.

It's pretty surprising, I dont recall his name coming up at all. All we heard about was Blackburn and Fulmer and then most recently Cunningham. I guess at least it wasn't Fulmer. When I saw the headline from 247 "Tennessee stays in family, selects new AD" I about had a heart attack.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

How should I feel about this? I don't know anything about Currie or K State.

It's pretty surprising, I dont recall his name coming up at all. All we heard about was Blackburn and Fulmer and then most recently Cunningham. I guess at least it wasn't Fulmer. When I saw the headline from 247 "Tennessee stays in family, selects new AD" I about had a heart attack.

You can do a lot worse than him. Kept K-State in a nice budget surplus and I think he was an Under Armour AD of the year not long ago.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Makes me a little jumpy because he was here under Hamilton, but I've found some articles that says he was fairly highly regarded when he left.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

Dan Mullen is a really good coach and deserves whatever they want to pay him. That job is trash.

I live in fear of Dan ending up at Florida so Miss State throwing money at him to keep him is a good thing, to me.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Dan Mullen is probably the second-best coach in the SEC.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah Ole Miss was wrong (at least assuming we're talking the AP poll, I'm too lazy to look up others).

#1 teams until someone else took over for the last four years:

Week 15: Florida State
Final : Florida State

Week 1: Florida State
Week 8: Mississippi State
Week 13: Florida State
Week 15: Alabama
Final: Ohio State

Week 1: Ohio State
Week 10: Clemson
Final: Alabama

Final: Clemson

So Miss State is the only team in the past 4 years to be ranked #1 in the AP and NOT win a BCS Title Game? That's a good trivia question.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

big money big clit posted:

I live in fear of Dan ending up at Florida so Miss State throwing money at him to keep him is a good thing, to me.

Dan's a really good coach, no question, but he's an enormous rear end in a top hat. I think Stricklin was pretty happy to be done dealing with him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Not impressed with this Currie hire. Wanted Blackburn. Think our new Chancellor hosed this one up.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Maxwells Demon posted:

So Miss State is the only team in the past 4 years to be ranked #1 in the AP and NOT win a BCS Title Game? That's a good trivia question.

Surprisingly Miss State has 1 SEC championship from 1941. That's about it though. Maybe they are better in other sports

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So poaching each others' cooking staffs for the cafeterias may be a thing now :toot:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pillsburysoldier posted:

So poaching each others' cooking staffs for the cafeterias may be a thing now :toot:

Good. I hope Rivals covers cooking prospects too.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

pillsburysoldier posted:

Teams are coming after Clemson's social media staff. Heard Florida poached one recently and so did Rutgers a while ago.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

*Baylor promptly hires the Houston cafeteria staff*

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Urban Meyer says Greg Schiano will be sole defensive coordinator this year. There was some thought that Kerry Coombs would have a more increased role with the defense but I guess it doesn't go that far.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chris Weinke added to Alabama quality staff.

Ehud posted:

Good. I hope Rivals covers cooking prospects too.

FSU recruits keep talking about our "honey fried chicken" this year. Lo and behold, certain schools start offering people jobs

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Chris Weinke added to Alabama quality staff.

FSU recruits keep talking about our "honey fried chicken" this year. Lo and behold, certain schools start offering people jobs

He's probably old enough to collect medicare by now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

He's probably old enough to collect medicare by now.

Mmmm, salty.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

whiteyfats posted:

Mmmm, salty.

I feel like you have to understand what that means before you're allowed to use it first.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

I feel like you have to understand what that means before you're allowed to use it first.

You're not the boss of me!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Weinke was like 26 when he first got to FSU. I forget why that was. I don't think he was military.

Was he briefly in MLB?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DJExile posted:

Yeah Weinke was like 26 when he first got to FSU. I forget why that was. I don't think he was military.

Was he briefly in MLB?

Yep. Blue Jays org.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ah that's right

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Greg Byrne getting fukkn paid

quote:

Alabama: New AD Greg Byrne will earn a $900,000 salary, according to the Tuscaloosa News.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DJExile posted:

Greg Byrne getting fukkn paid

Man I thought he had to take that job even before I knew what the paycheck was. Good for him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Heather Lyke is Pitt's new AD. She was the AD at Eastern Michigan.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/joe_mussatto/status/844614575450472458

lord knows i am living in a glass house when it comes to inexplicable contract extensions but how?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:psyduck: how

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He beat Louisville? idk

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't know what you guys are expecting from Kentucky football...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kentucky Football is a feeder school to Kentucky basketball

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A bowl appearance is pretty good by Kentucky standards.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'm so in the wrong profession. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A couple years ago, nobody would have given serious consideration to the idea of Kentucky winning the SEC East. But in recent years, like clockwork, come October there are always a bunch of articles about how Kentucky could technically win the division. That's progress, my friends.

• Locked thread