Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought food fight was just because all those people's movies are insane and terrible. Or I'm mixing up with a different food movie that's poo poo.

You're probably thinking of Sausage Party which is another awful CGI film about food coming alive in a supermarket after lights out. It was a huge commercial success and as a result we'll probably see a bunch more films like it in the not too distant future. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henker
May 5, 2009

Astrobastard posted:

ASMR people are the loving weirdest. They managed to chase a British PC hardware reviewer away from youtube because she's relatively attractive and has a soft voice. Creepier than Bronies

It's funny when they won't admit ASMR is a fetish thing.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Henker posted:

It's funny when they won't admit ASMR is a fetish thing.
It's the internet, everything is a fetish. Mine is shitposting.

Astrobastard posted:

ASMR people are the loving weirdest. They managed to chase a British PC hardware reviewer away from youtube because she's relatively attractive and has a soft voice. Creepier than Bronies
So ASMR or not, this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's totally not a sexual fetish, and it's a pure coincidence that all ASMR stars are young and attractive.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

What the hell is ASMR?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Collateral Damage posted:

What the hell is ASMR?

Sexy ladies whispering in your ear giving you the tingles for totally non-sexual reasons.

But also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
ASMR does exist. Videos of really skilled work, like calligraphy or bricklaying, can be super relaxing and a little entrancing to watch.
Of course, the term's already been co-opted by people jerking off so it's not a word I would use anymore.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What the hell is ASMR?

Awkwardly sexual mind retardation.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

HellCopter posted:

ASMR does exist. Videos of really skilled work, like calligraphy or bricklaying, can be super relaxing and a little entrancing to watch.
Of course, the term's already been co-opted by people jerking off so it's not a word I would use anymore.

That's not what ASMR is, though I guess you can't really complain about a term losing its meaning when there was never any real evidence or research that it was real in the first place.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:corsair: goddamn kids and their youtubbies. back in my day we just made out and poo poo and then awkwardly fumbled around trying not to get caught.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bud K ninja sword posted:

:corsair: goddamn kids and their youtubbies. back in my day we just made out and poo poo and then awkwardly fumbled around trying not to get caught.

Man, I feel sorry for whatever sod ended up sleeping with you. The karma sutra's been around a while.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

T-man posted:

Man, I feel sorry for whatever sod ended up sleeping with you. The karma sutra's been around a while.

Its hard to hold a book and a flashlight at the same time yo. I didnt exactly memorize that poo poo in my teens or anything

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

What the hell is ASMR?

Amazing Spider-Man Returns

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

What the hell is ASMR?

anus-sucking mouth rectums

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Astrobastard posted:

Do you have more information about this? It sounds like the sort of trainwreck I can't turn away from.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cyberia posted:

Do you have more information about this? It sounds like the sort of trainwreck I can't turn away from.

I Googled it and I think it refers to “TastyPCTV”.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Guy Mann posted:

That's not what ASMR is, though I guess you can't really complain about a term losing its meaning when there was never any real evidence or research that it was real in the first place.

There's more evidence and research that it's real than there is that it isn't. I mean, the name is absolutely stupid and was made up to give it an air of legitimacy because they apparently felt calling it "head tingles" sounded stupid, but there does seem to be some kind of underlying mechanism that probably should be studied further.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here's another feel-good bullshit solution for the third world, that won't actually work half the time and when it does, would still be useless. Which they might've realized if they built a working prototype. Of course it's up to almost 400% funding now on igg:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/waterseer-water-women#/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyPBIzJQB_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsqIjAeeXw

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtCfQBrfDp8

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

senrath posted:

There's more evidence and research that it's real than there is that it isn't. I mean, the name is absolutely stupid and was made up to give it an air of legitimacy because they apparently felt calling it "head tingles" sounded stupid, but there does seem to be some kind of underlying mechanism that probably should be studied further.

I totally get the head tingles from some ASMR stuff. Like that "3D sound" barbershop mp3 that went around ten years ago. But then I looked it up on youtube and found all the sexy ladies whispering in your ear and uhhhh.... :yikes: no thank you.

wa27 has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Feb 24, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You're probably thinking of Sausage Party which is another awful CGI film about food coming alive in a supermarket after lights out. It was a huge commercial success and as a result we'll probably see a bunch more films like it in the not too distant future. :suicide:

I was. No one had anything good to say about it after they saw it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

wa27 posted:

I totally get the head tingles from some ASMR stuff. Like that "3D sound" barbershop mp3 that went around ten years ago. But then I looked it up on youtube and found all the sexy ladies whispering in your ear and uhhhh.... :yikes: no thank you.

What the gently caress is a head tingle? Is it only like a certain type of person that gets this?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

What the gently caress is a head tingle? Is it only like a certain type of person that gets this?

Pretty much the same sensation one might get if someone is using an electric trimmer on the back of your neck; like a shiver sensation from your head down your side(s). I don't know if it's common for people. If I had to guess, I'd say people who are ticklish would be more susceptible. I don't find it particularly enjoyable personally, but it's not surprising that the weirdos that seek it out would make it into a sexual thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like buying and consuming things

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

wa27 posted:

Pretty much the same sensation one might get if someone is using an electric trimmer on the back of your neck; like a shiver sensation from your head down your side(s). I don't know if it's common for people. If I had to guess, I'd say people who are ticklish would be more susceptible. I don't find it particularly enjoyable personally, but it's not surprising that the weirdos that seek it out would make it into a sexual thing.

Huh. weirdly enough I think I get that sometimes when I encounter really old surroundings or impressive anthropology museums. I also remember getting that sensation once when I went back to my old elementary school for a broadcasting project when I was in highschool

It's mysterious and mildly pleasant but I can't imagine seeking it out or wanting it on a continuous basis but then again I don't get why people would use benzos recreationally so to each their own I guess

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Aesop Poprock posted:

Huh. weirdly enough I think I get that sometimes when I encounter really old surroundings or impressive anthropology museums. I also remember getting that sensation once when I went back to my old elementary school for a broadcasting project when I was in highschool

It's mysterious and mildly pleasant but I can't imagine seeking it out or wanting it on a continuous basis but then again I don't get why people would use benzos recreationally so to each their own I guess

People get that from all sorts of different things in general. Lots of people get it from music they like for example. It's just some people really into ASMR who insist they get it a super special way from ASMR that's better than all other ways.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why do people still insist on living in places that have no water

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

unpacked robinhood posted:

Why do people still insist on living in places that have no water

Racism.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
There's a term for the tingles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisson

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

ASMR people insist that it and Frission are different, of course.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

wa27 posted:

ASMR "works" on me but the sensation is more weird and annoying than anything so I'm not sure why anyone would seek it out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Same. People whispering into my ear is like nails on a chalkboard.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Moon Monster posted:

ASMR "works" on me but the sensation is more weird and annoying than anything so I'm not sure why anyone would seek it out.

Jesus, this forum. People can't even succeed at kink. Someone links to a kickstarter for a fleshlight rip-off and within 45 minutes you'll have three goons saying "well I tried masturbation once but it felt too much like a social activity."

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Via slowbeef, I think I can sincerely say this is the dumbest loving poo poo I have ever beheld on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogitalki/dogitalki-the-worlds-1st-dogs-live-video-and-talki

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

gschmidl posted:

Via slowbeef, I think I can sincerely say this is the dumbest loving poo poo I have ever beheld on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogitalki/dogitalki-the-worlds-1st-dogs-live-video-and-talki

This has to be performance art or something. The pitch video is amazing. Highlight: guy calling 911 while smiling and laughing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jedit posted:

Jesus, this forum. People can't even succeed at kink. Someone links to a kickstarter for a fleshlight rip-off and within 45 minutes you'll have three goons saying "well I tried masturbation once but it felt too much like a social activity."

Lol I wish it was as stimulating as conversation

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Your dog can virtually replace you to communicate with your dating partner

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

Your dog can virtually replace you to communicate with your dating partner

And if your partner hates that, use it to apologize.

And apparently you can use it to shop?

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

The MSJ posted:

And if your partner hates that, use it to apologize.

And apparently you can use it to shop?

God drat it Rex I specifically told you to get the name brand cereal! What did I even bother buying this DogiTalki for?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jedit posted:

If watching youtube videos that give you a fuzzy, scratchy feeling inside of your head is what does it for you then who am I to judge.