Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Shageletic posted:

I've heard conflicting info on this dude, re appropriating federal land back to the states. Seems like his latest stances is not in favor of it, and he seems to be supported by Hunter mags and the like, so I rule him NOT THAT TERRIBLE, I mean people did we forget James Watt already?

I've worked with Ryan before when he was in the Montana stage leg and I found him a very sane and approachable person who went all tea party to win a rep. seat.

He's come out in general favor of federal lands and views himself as a caretaker and champion rather than someone who is going to shake everything up. He also is one of the few politicians anywhere who actually legitimately gives a poo poo about native americans.

Basically I think he'll be fine at DoI and it means that Tester is probably slightly favored to win in 2018 now. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Squizzle posted:

2004 was disappointing but reëlection is less of a system shock than election and kerry had the inspiring quality of wonderbread boiled in skim milk so its not like anyone shouldve felt a great longing in their heart for him, just for not bush

shouldve listened to the deanbros imo

Referring to the media

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Varneyco/status/836623754700681216

this thing that i agree happened? that's being shown on the screen right now? fake news

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And gently caress off with your New Yorker umlauts

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

Ai is the worst subforum on SA

yea that means a whole lot from a gbs regular~

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

fun from the post a picture thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726437&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=281#post469897415

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3726437&perpage=40&pagenumber=280#post469889061

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Mariana Horchata posted:

yea that means a whole lot from a gbs regular~

how dare you i'm not a gbs regular

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

I've worked with Ryan before when he was in the Montana stage leg and I found him a very sane and approachable person who went all tea party to win a rep. seat.

l

fun fact both my parents knew him back in the navy.

from what I've gathered hes like most western rural folks who like the outdoors, which means he's gonna be all for public lands as those are nice hunting and fishing grounds and nobody wants to see them in private hands

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
We now proceed to the cloture vote for friend Ben.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jose posted:

don't sign your posts

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Jose posted:

oh and a kiwi farms poster too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf3Q9wfzvZE

:hai:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hot new twitter feature makes bad man go away
we dont like the bad man

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mariana Horchata posted:

u still drive a Miata? i remember u from AI...

i just sold my 2nd one last summer for $4k~

I have a 94 that needs some work and parts (effort/money/track day poo poo) and a 16. Miatas are rad.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

oh and a kiwi farms poster too

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've developed a weird psychological issue where I can't stop thinking about breathing so I'm constantly conscious of it and it's freaking me out :(

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

I've developed a weird psychological issue where I can't stop thinking about breathing so I'm constantly conscious of it and it's freaking me out :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmxvVF7Fl-c

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!

mormonpartyboat posted:

this thing that i agree happened? that's being shown on the screen right now? fake news
if this dude is going all in on the "gay rodeo cosplay enthusiast" schtick I hope someone buys him a hat that fits his head :ohdear:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i kind of miss that klurf av someone got me

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

One people! people. One goal! goal!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

im just playin

Phone posted:

I have a 94 that needs some work and parts (effort/money/track day poo poo) and a 16. Miatas are rad.

oh u got urself a ND? how do u like it?

nopants
May 29, 2004
What's up with people not being to process that one thing being bad doesn't make things in opposition to it good? NYT and CNN ran corporate/government propaganda before Donald starting trashing them. They didn't stop doing that because Trump started bashing them on twitter. They are still cynical and manipulative. Things are only better relative to Trump being a nazi baby. Everything is still awful on an absolute scale.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mariana Horchata posted:

im just playin

It is both cool and good. I don't like having a car payment though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

im just playin

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

RE: local dems politics i decided to try and find out why perez has been acting like bernie is holding a gun to his head and oh boy something like 50% of local dem parties have had a total change over in leadership

Lol.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
kiwi farms sound delicious

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
something happened today in french politics? i don't understand or know people's names but it sounds like some guy was stealing money from the government?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:agreed:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/836938274253979648

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
please please don't start/discuss interfourm stuff, thats how bad things start

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nopants posted:

What's up with people not being to process that one thing being bad doesn't make things in opposition to it good? NYT and CNN ran corporate/government propaganda before Donald starting trashing them. They didn't stop doing that because Trump started bashing them on twitter. They are still cynical and manipulative. Things are only better relative to Trump being a nazi baby. Everything is still awful on an absolute scale.

It's mostly directed towards "normies" that go "I don't understand why CNN is always getting dunked on for being a terrible news organization, but I think that they're a good barometer for what everyday people (stuck in airports) are ingesting news wise", especially after the election when it looked like CNN had a spine.

I mean, everyday people voted for Trump under the guise of it wouldn't be "that bad".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

And gently caress off with your New Yorker umlauts

I think they call them diaereses.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mormonpartyboat posted:

while real red blooded conservatives are all about ivankas feet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

something happened today in french politics? i don't understand or know people's names but it sounds like some guy was stealing money from the government?

he's the very right wing guy who wants to extend the working week by a lot idk why you'd vote for him instead of the milfy far right woman who doesn't want to do that

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Phone posted:

It is both cool and good. I don't like having a car payment though.

yea they kinda pricey (but they've always been that way)...maybe if the 124 values sink enough ill consider one of those

i got a FiST so i hear ya w/r/t the payments but i try my best to justify my expenses every morning~

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

bill is never going to clean his chin or chest again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

prefect posted: