Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Zarlog posted:

Tales of Illyria is a good turn based rpg, with a little bit of Oregon Trail thrown in. Lots of content for $1

Sorry I should of said I am not a big fan of rpgs. I will try one of the 3 on the playstore though, which one is their best one?

quote:

Break Arts is a pretty fun racing/shooting game that's F-Zero-esque with racers you get to make by combining parts. It also has really obnoxious ads that don't show up at all if you don't have a connection.

Thanks I will try this out.

I am also not a big fan of tower defense games, so it looks like dungeon warfare is out. I will try 80 days and antiyoy out..

Any others (no connection required please)?

fyallm fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I'm having a blast with Pathfinder: Adventures

Its a turn based RPG with cards, plays a lot like munchkin. Its solo PVE, but I think there's also a coop multiplayer mode which I haven't tried yet. Great design and very engaging. So far I've never played another game on android which kept me this interested for so long. I'm actually playing free because the "grind" is so challenging and fun. Dnd+rpg fans should try it

e: You can play offline but then you get no gold. Gold is required to unlock characters and adventures, and is the only way to progress

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 1, 2017

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

fyallm posted:

Sorry I should of said I am not a big fan of rpgs. I will try one of the 3 on the playstore though, which one is their best one?

Thanks I will try this out.

I am also not a big fan of tower defense games, so it looks like dungeon warfare is out. I will try 80 days and antiyoy out..

Any others (no connection required please)?

I always recommend Major Mayhem. Free (though it's worth buying the coin doubler), should play offline. Basically Time Crisis for mobile (and really, really fun).

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

XCOM is always a good choice, bit battery intensive though

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Death of Rats posted:

I always recommend Major Mayhem. Free (though it's worth buying the coin doubler), should play offline. Basically Time Crisis for mobile (and really, really fun).

The coin doubler purchase hasn't worked in at least a year (about when I tried it), and Cartoon Network doesn't seem to care that you can't give them money.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Regarding Dandy Dungeon, on one device I get an error message about folder permissions. Is anyone able to play with a rooted phone?

Also, does the stupid $8 duck give you energy forever or temporarily or what? I often don't mind a one-time fee to get rid of a freemium energy system.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Meatwave posted:

Regarding Dandy Dungeon, on one device I get an error message about folder permissions. Is anyone able to play with a rooted phone?

Mine did that the first time, I figured I'd accidentally denied it storage permissions or something. Reinstalling fixed it. My phone isn't rooted though.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

fyallm posted:

Destinies is my favorite, though they're all very similar. The story is more dynamic than the others, and there are more optional sidequests.

I'll warn you that the combat and traveling are pretty rough at the beginning. There's an Oregon Trail survival element involved in travel that can be pretty brutal at times. It might not be a good fit for someone who doesn't generally like rpg's.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of prison escape game The Escapists is out now for Android.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

What's the general goon consensus on this?

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.

mrkillboy posted:

Oh this was really fun on PC. I could see it working well on a mobile. I'll wait till there's some decent reviews though, or goon reviews.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Foodpia just came out recently and it's a fun little idle clicker game with cute restaurants. It's a rather simple game, but it looks a bit more polished than the usual idle clickers and it gives quite a lot of free currency when starting out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cookie clicker games are dumb as hell.

I can't stop playing Eggs Inc.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Gavinvin posted:

Antiyoy - A super simple and fun turn based strategy game. The campaign missions are a bit easy at first but get harder when the AI starts to use all the units. Eventually gets boring due to its simplicity and lack of depth but I've still put a lot of hours into it. He has also released a bunch of other fully free simple games as well that you might want to check out, but this is my favourite of them.

It should be noted that this is heavily inspired by Sean O'Connor's Slay, also available for Android. It's not free, but if you liked Antiyoy and/or have some google survey bucks you're looking to toss around, check it out.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Cookie clicker games are dumb as hell.

I can't stop playing Eggs Inc.

i avoid them because i can't say that i actually enjoy playing them... but if i install one i will find that suddenly it is half an hour later than i thought it was :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i avoid them because i can't say that i actually enjoy playing them... but if i install one i will find that suddenly it is half an hour later than i thought it was :v:

This is me with Egg Inc. I enjoyed Bit City, but everyone was saying how similar it was to Egg Inc, and goddamn, I think I'm MORE addicted to hatching chickens than I ever was to building a city. Sorry Nimblebit, but I'll still check out the game when it comes out.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Gavinvin posted:

Oh this was really fun on PC. I could see it working well on a mobile. I'll wait till there's some decent reviews though, or goon reviews.

I just bought it, I'll report back tomorrow

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is me with Egg Inc. I enjoyed Bit City, but everyone was saying how similar it was to Egg Inc, and goddamn, I think I'm MORE addicted to hatching chickens than I ever was to building a city. Sorry Nimblebit, but I'll still check out the game when it comes out.

I also downloaded Egg Inc because everyone was saying how Bit City ripped it off but I had the opposite reaction in the long run where I got kind of tired of Egg Inc but still play Bit City.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

w00tmonger posted:

Sell me on dungeon warfare. Just on the edge of grabbing it

It's probably the best TD game I've ever played and I've played a lot. Gemcraft 2 is good but it's wearing its welcome on me while Dungeon Warfare is a solid 15-30 hours of fun depending on how much you want to do in it. The gameplay is very satisfying and focused.

Also, and this is the biggest selling point to me, you can install traps that push, pull or throw adventurers into pits, and they scream "AAAAaaaaaaaa" as they fall to their doom.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Found and kinda love a game called Potion Punch. It's kinda like other games where a bunch of people come to your shop to buy food and you need to make it for them, but I think I like this one more than most because the artwork is expressively cartoony.

It can be a little gently caress-you difficult. Some days I'll have people that just want a straight Red Drink or Grilled Lizard, and the next day it'll be swarms of people who want way more complicated drinks, and back again.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

MisterBibs posted:

Found and kinda love a game called Potion Punch. It's kinda like other games where a bunch of people come to your shop to buy food and you need to make it for them, but I think I like this one more than most because the artwork is expressively cartoony.

It can be a little gently caress-you difficult. Some days I'll have people that just want a straight Red Drink or Grilled Lizard, and the next day it'll be swarms of people who want way more complicated drinks, and back again.

The artwork is heavily remeniscent of Gravity Falls. I imagine it's the same lead artist or studio.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

While I'm annoyed that it took me a month to find out that Tomb of the Mask is out on Android, I'm just glad it's finally here. It's one of the few iOS exclusives that managed to hook me during the short time in which I owned an Apple device.

e: I know this is a nebulous question but what Android games would play really well on a Chromebook? I'm just trying to kickstart my memory on things I would have liked to play on a phone save for the cramped screen real estate and lack of input options. I just passed by Shadowrun Dragonfall in the store and that's the kind of thing I'm looking for.

ovaries fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 4, 2017

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MisterBibs posted:

This is fun so far but I'm looking at the recipe list and :stare:

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
On the side of clickers and idlers realm grinder is a great port that i can't put down

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

ovaries posted:

While I'm annoyed that it took me a month to find out that Tomb of the Mask is out on Android, I'm just glad it's finally here. It's one of the few iOS exclusives that managed to hook me during the short time in which I owned an Apple device.

This is a quality game :cheers:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

One thing I don't understand about Egg Inc is the process bar for the soul eggs on the prestige screen. What does that mean? Is there a maximum number of soul eggs that I can get per prestige or farm? I've seen it close to the end and then much further back, all while between prestiges. I don't get it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

ovaries posted:

I having enough fun, but drat the controls can be a pain. I've played about 15-20 minutes and already the dumb bastard has gone the wrong way at least a dozen times.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Battlevoid Harbinger is pretty dang good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.bugbyte.harbinger

I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't much. It's a space roguelike where you unlock new ships with different loadouts. You can be more carrier focused or battleship focused. There are a couple different alien enemy types who run different kinds of loadouts so no one strategy will work for everyone.

If you do play it, early tip from somebody who still sucks: get missions from battlestations. The game doesn't do very well in terms of explaining things, but it's still playable for sure.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

One thing I don't understand about Egg Inc is the process bar for the soul eggs on the prestige screen. What does that mean? Is there a maximum number of soul eggs that I can get per prestige or farm? I've seen it close to the end and then much further back, all while between prestiges. I don't get it.

I'm pretty sure the progress bar slowly increases over time, and when it gets full it starts over and adds one more soul egg to the amount you get when you prestige.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

hooah posted:

I having enough fun, but drat the controls can be a pain. I've played about 15-20 minutes and already the dumb bastard has gone the wrong way at least a dozen times.

I keep activating my shields by accident. It seems really strange to me that an otherwise well-designed game decided to overload the controls this way. Arcade mode is full of situations where you have to quickly think and change your plans, so sometimes I put my finger on the screen and then lift it up because I am mentally changing my strategy, but oh whoops now we're going to use one of your shields, tough luck sucker! :catstare:

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Any goons seconding? For .99c funbux I can afford. It sounds a little bit like FTL?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any goons seconding? For .99c funbux I can afford. It sounds a little bit like FTL?

Yeah, you aren't attacking specific systems or running the crew. It's not as good as FTL (full stop) but it's the best of this type I've found on Android

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Duggler posted:

Battlevoid Harbinger is pretty dang good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.bugbyte.harbinger

I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't much. It's a space roguelike where you unlock new ships with different loadouts. You can be more carrier focused or battleship focused. There are a couple different alien enemy types who run different kinds of loadouts so no one strategy will work for everyone.

If you do play it, early tip from somebody who still sucks: get missions from battlestations. The game doesn't do very well in terms of explaining things, but it's still playable for sure.

How are the real time controls? I can't stand virtual thumbsticks or d pads.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Deakul posted:

How are the real time controls? I can't stand virtual thumbsticks or d pads.

It's all tap based. It plays like an RTS (a really slow one though).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 4, 2017

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This is a quality game :cheers:

It really scratches that little five-minute gaming itch, and is really conducive to getting in the zone and making split second decisions without even thinking about them.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

GodspeedSphere posted:

It's the poo poo

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

GodspeedSphere posted:

It's pretty good. Have gotten my 99c out of it.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

GodspeedSphere posted:

I enjoyed it a lot a while back. This post actually reminded me that maybe I should reinstall and give it another go.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
My wife is asking for the best Candy Crush type game that doesn't want all your money. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Zarlog posted:

My wife is asking for the best Candy Crush type game that doesn't want all your money. Any recommendations?

Gardenscapes.