Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is what happens when you post fake twetes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
but Frakenstein was not set in Transylvania.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
*USAF advisors literally plan the entire Saudi bombing campaign for the last two years that has starved hundreds of thousands of people and forced MSF out of the country*

I can't believe we dropped a couple of bombs on them this trump character is starting all kinds of poo poo.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Agrajag posted:

we at war with yemen now? the gently caress?

We are at war with Yemeni civillians. They don't really have a military to go to war against.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Chokes McGee posted:

does this mean Bernie is a nuwisha and can throw Donald Trump into The Abyss

Look into your heart, Bernie is a Corax. He's beaky, can turn into a raven, and is obsessed with exposing the secrets of Capitalism to the masses.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

c'est le facsisme!
TROMPÉ

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

We are at war with Yemeni civillians. They don't really have a military to go to war against.

reminder that they sank a saudi frigate a while ago lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's honestly a little comforting that Ted Cruz and Joe Lieberman remain giant pieces of poo poo in these chaotic times.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

whats new in the last half hour

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Relevant Tangent posted:

Look into your heart, Bernie is a Corax. He's beaky, can turn into a raven, and is obsessed with exposing the secrets of Capitalism to the masses.

:discourse:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/837346191067213825

:gonk:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

I just want them to start referencing Torment: Tides of Numenera.

The White House Administration is the Reef of the Forgotten World, kid. Where detritus and numenera collide from countless forgotten civilizations of billion years pass have sunk into the living drit of our forlorn existence as a lunar plane of hell as our moon slowly implodes on itself. Staff members come down to trawl for treasures of oppression of yester eons past.

Kellyanne is the Menovira of the Bloom

did you honestly think the president was elected...? no, the president is the puppet of the changing god, the ever-shifting entity that is constantly running. who's the changing god? that's...hard to say. an early pagan shaman that stumbled upon a galactic secret behind their ken? an alien consciousness on the run for millenia? who knows. the only people close enough to ask are the ones that are the meat shells infested by the entity in its ever shifting agendas and goals. nobody is entirely clear on what the god wants. every time we think we get close, and we can see where it's going...it changes its shell and goes the other way, undoing its own work and foiling its own schemes.

one thing we are certain of, though - whatever the god is running from, it's catching up. the god is becoming more desperate, more panicked, more unhinged. those of us who have lived a while look back at the days of franklin delano with a quiet, dark nostalgia. whether the god's new puppets are consumed by their obsessions, their cowardice, or their own egos, they're all utterly destroyed by their own doings now, in their own times.

in one way, it's made our jobs easier. there are no more urgent meetings in the middle of the night with some new scrap of information, no 11th hour raids into the sprawls to foil one of the god's designs. in that way, it's a relief.

but in reality, the stakes have never been higher. the changing god has been leading human development, in one way or another, for the entire history of our civilization. we've got paintings of the sterile, shredded realms of the god's failed plans from his abandoned lives, and stories of endless graveyards of heroes, their dusty and grimy headstones spewing mental impressions of their occupants' deaths. look at the orange baboon in the white house. the god is crumbling before our eyes. and there's no way out but down.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/pbump/status/837310235823919106

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

I thought the Corax speaks for the trees?

Isn't that a green party thing

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Not signed "hanx" don't believe its veracity. Prolly Russian.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Agrajag posted:

we at war with yemen now? the gently caress?

Technically we're not at war with the government of Yemen. We're bombing it's enemies, the people of Yemen.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I had one, it was actually really good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh no

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Brown Menace posted:

no

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/837233802841833472

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/837345147641823233

~~there will not remain~~

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Tunicate posted:

I thought the Corax speaks for the trees?

Isn't that a green party thing

It's so disingenuous you thinking you honestly mistook Corax for Lorax. Nobody does that. Boo.

Besides, Bernie is the most Lorax-looking and speaking thing to have ever existed. Whereas John Muir looks like one of the original Bolsheviks, so how does that work?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Coolguye posted:

did you honestly think the president was elected...? no, the president is the puppet of the changing god, the ever-shifting entity that is constantly running. who's the changing god? that's...hard to say. an early pagan shaman that stumbled upon a galactic secret behind their ken? an alien consciousness on the run for millenia? who knows. the only people close enough to ask are the ones that are the meat shells infested by the entity in its ever shifting agendas and goals. nobody is entirely clear on what the god wants. every time we think we get close, and we can see where it's going...it changes its shell and goes the other way, undoing its own work and foiling its own schemes.

one thing we are certain of, though - whatever the god is running from, it's catching up. the god is becoming more desperate, more panicked, more unhinged. those of us who have lived a while look back at the days of franklin delano with a quiet, dark nostalgia. whether the god's new puppets are consumed by their obsessions, their cowardice, or their own egos, they're all utterly destroyed by their own doings now, in their own times.

in one way, it's made our jobs easier. there are no more urgent meetings in the middle of the night with some new scrap of information, no 11th hour raids into the sprawls to foil one of the god's designs. in that way, it's a relief.

but in reality, the stakes have never been higher. the changing god has been leading human development, in one way or another, for the entire history of our civilization. we've got paintings of the sterile, shredded realms of the god's failed plans from his abandoned lives, and stories of endless graveyards of heroes, their dusty and grimy headstones spewing mental impressions of their occupants' deaths. look at the orange baboon in the white house. the god is crumbling before our eyes. and there's no way out but down.

:kiss:

Tabahts ad portas

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lamo lambo lambbooooo

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
so if republicans collectively bury this thing with sessions, there's nothing that can be done about it?

in other words, lol nothing matters?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triple sulk posted:

whats new in the last half hour

we died

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Here's a short primer for people who don't know about the war in Yemen, there's 2 (main) sides, both alike in indignity.

The Houthis who actually run the country and have done for 2 years, backed by Iran (they fuckin blow btw).

The Yemen Arab Republic's theoretical government which is basically just Aden, whose legitimate leader won 98.9% of the vote in an uncontested election, meaning he must be popular, supported by the Saudis/US (obviously blow also).

There's like al qaeda and stuff there too and I'm sure ISIS has a few guys but those 2 are the important ones (plus the civilians obviously).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmao Huckabee twitter is like someone trying to do the Chapo Traphouse Hillary impression puns joke and failing real bad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Coolguye posted:

sir this is Sigil, do you want to use this portal or not

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

The Brown Menace posted:

Some incredibly bad + old missiles have been shot at boats, nothing has been sunk.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Phone posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Hey listen, I think if Issa and Cruz got together, they could really go ham on burning all of the bridges left in the US. Maybe Herzog could narrate it. It's be great.

the ol herzog hamburn, classic move

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
philip bump sounds like the name of a tim and eric character

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
if you think about it, america's not all it's cracked up to be..

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

good

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Chokes McGee posted:

sir this is Sigil, do you want to use this portal or not

"Babies are boring."
\

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

Some incredibly bad + old missiles have been shot at boats, nothing has been sunk.

one (dumb) ship was pretty much totalled though

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

in other words, lol nothing matters?

you need to lean back and let the nihilism wash over you

if you are not worthy, your will shall collapse and you will find yourself posting cartoon frogs on your anime nazi twitter account for eternity

if the gods smile upon you every single particle in the universe will start mattering at the speed of light and in 4k resolution, and beams of devastation will rain from your eyes on the unwashed masses as you realize Stalin Did Nothing Wrong

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

I just want them to start referencing Torment: Tides of Numenera.

The White House Administration is the Reef of the Forgotten World, kid. Where detritus and numenera collide from countless forgotten civilizations of billion years pass have sunk into the living drit of our forlorn existence as a lunar plane of hell as our moon slowly implodes on itself. Staff members come down to trawl for treasures of oppression of yester eons past.

Kellyanne is the Menovira of the Bloom

i want to see sesh stranged in his own stream of lies emanating from his own mouth, and then his lifeless body devoured :gibs:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I also love how Glenn Greenwald and folks like him still think Democrats need to care real hard about speaking in hyperbole or overreaching a bit after 8 years of BENGHAZIIIIII EMAILLLLLLS and the loving Donald Trump show just won the GOP the entire gov't from president to dog catcher.

Like, go ahead and point it out but lose this lovely incredulous tone like people lying or being hypocrites matters anymore and everyones insane if they aren't as stuck in 1994 as you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

nopants posted:

Is Spicer gonna be the Easter bunny this year, and maybe do a press briefing as the Easter bunny?

lol the Easter egg roll is cancelled because First Lady ivanka didn't plan it

• Locked thread