Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mcdougs posted:

Pumped for this league! Would love an guild invite if there's still room.

IGN: UncleDaan

Sent

His name was steelmage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

reminder: the first HC 100 last league played kinetic blast

mines :cawg:
Flameblast Totem, actually.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Flameblast Totem, actually.

He meant 2.4, in which steelmage won the race to 100 as a kb mine saboteur

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Oh.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

that's amazing

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
As a huge noob scrub lord I have finally decided I am going to try running the Dual Righteous Fire Totem build from Milky (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181) and just pray I don't gently caress it up and that it's viable :downs:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
think ive been removed as well, please re-invite: Fartpulse

i hope there's going to be a Lightning Strike threshold jewel that does something cool :pray:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

think ive been removed as well, please re-invite: Fartpulse

i hope there's going to be a Lightning Strike threshold jewel that does something cool :pray:

sent

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Aerox posted:

As a huge noob scrub lord I have finally decided I am going to try running the Dual Righteous Fire Totem build from Milky (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181) and just pray I don't gently caress it up and that it's viable :downs:

It should still be good, and with the RF aoe buffs it will better, as it is starved for area when you first get going. I did it before chieftain was in the game and that makes it so much better after cruel lab.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

MannersPlease posted:

Funman: you can import my build by copy/pasta this longass code into the import/export box in Path of Building.
http://pastebin.com/Y9QDj8G1

Easy 10 million dps (5 mil vs "bosses") w/ conc effect. Who knows if this program is being accurate here or not, but either way the scourge+double dip is extremely overkill. Only expensive item required is The scourge, but if I want to switch over before I get that, I could just run a singularity and look super cool. Hell, I can just drop my shield and use both! Will be starting flameblast totems, maybe even as an elementalist, though totems with necro isn't too bad since you get some generic damage and lots of cast speed. Maybe will rework this poo poo and go lowlife/ci at some point and farm endgame bosses if I can be bothered.

Obviously my rolls on my gear won't be quite this good, but it's still just a bunch of rares for the most part. It's gonna be plenty enough. And I have really nothing else to invest it besides rares after I get my Scourge and Cherrubim's (or whatever other armor I decide to try). 2x gryphons on swap still leaves me with 3.8mil vs trash somehow?

Other potential setups: I could use cospri's will, I would lose a very small amount of dps (rapid decay does ALOT for me) and lose 300 hp, and gain either a ring slot or, more likely, adding enfeeble to my cwdt setup instead of inc duration. Probably will choose which of these I do based on the economy, I dunno if that other armor will become more expensive than cospri's somehow. Hell, I'll probably just stay in a tabula until I can 6L one of those!

Hey I am bad and new at this game but this build seems pretty fun and I am going to ask you some dumb questions about it.

- What's the flesh offering for? Just spirit eater?
- What do you mean switch over? Do you just mean your totem build while leveling?

e:
- No golem?

Fuzzy Mammal fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 2, 2017

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hey I am bad and new at this game but this build seems pretty fun and I am going to ask you some dumb questions about it.

- What's the flesh offering for? Just spirit eater?

spirit eater yes, but also the 'mistress of sacrifice' node is important here - it lets your offerings effect you.
I was considering running both cwdt desecrate spirit offering, for sustained DPS (%phys as chaos buff), but also flesh offering manual cast, to speed up clearing normal mobs as I move pack to pack and have to refresh my BV.

A double edged sword here is that offerings are really cool and powerful and a fun little thing to play around with - you could also use bone offering to get some defenses instead. However, you can only use one, and you are also eating up gem sockets by using them, so the more flexible you want to be, the less other stuff you can do.

quote:

- What do you mean switch over? Do you just mean your totem build while leveling?

Yes, I mean switch over from totem league starter build. Honestly you can go any weapon. With a necromancer your endgame would ideally be the scourge+lowlife/CI. Honestly it's not even remotely needed for BV to be playable though. Just get any half decent spell damage/global damage weapon and you are good 2 go...a rare, singularity is usually hella cheap, obliteration is strong as always, or just whatever.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 2, 2017

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Aerox posted:

It's definitely viable and I've done it before. You can't really go wrong with it if you're a noob it's incredibly easy to play. FB Totems is probably better, but everyone is running that so the items you need for RF Totem are extremely cheap.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1nznOulBx4

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

how the gently caress does he have 35 aps?

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

dis astranagant posted:

how the gently caress does he have 35 aps?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
do you think 100% drillneck and 4arrow high dps rotc will be among the possible legacy uniques

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

do you think 100% drillneck and 4arrow high dps rotc will be among the possible legacy uniques

no

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Reach maybe but I doubt it. Drillneck absolutely not because they said the change applies retroactively to old versions - no legacy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:f;b

Patching begins at 9AM PST tomorrow, servers live at noon. Then servers back down at 12:02...then back up at 12:10, hopefully.

Patch is 1.4GB, no torrent for the glob file (from GGG at least) this time around.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 3, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would 2 of those new molten strike jewels slotted into a nga flame be as crazy as I think it would be?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Well yeah, because you can't slot passive jewels into gear :v:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Would 2 of those new molten strike jewels slotted into a nga flame be as crazy as I think it would be?

Would it even work? Tooltip is called Molten Burst, not Molten Strike.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
What's the best SRS build out there that doesn't go heavy on the minions? Was thinking about straight SRS as much as I can, maybe mixing in a bit of zombies?

That said, I should wait for the 2.6 grid to be out, yeah?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The 2.6 grid is out. Use poeplanner.com or Path of Building.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/

pick your own when they are updated for the new league

This is some sexy poo poo right here. :circlefap:

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Could I get a re-invite to the guild? Skipped Breach, dunno what to play this time around.

IGN: FotmVortex

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

van fem posted:

Could I get a re-invite to the guild? Skipped Breach, dunno what to play this time around.

IGN: FotmVortex

Neither does anybody else, really.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

zxqv8 posted:

Neither does anybody else, really.

first world gamer problems, TOO MANY OPTIONS :negative:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I expect to start KB wander, with a tree/build p similar to Rodents. I'll likely add frenzy charges and use Raider to start, since I'm poor I think the DPS is probably going to be better than Pathfinder before good flasks, but I will play with Path of Building tomorrow. Even if it's slightly worse I may do it because I hate flask piano, and raiders buffs are pretty much always on when clearing.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I was considering some form of chaostorm because 100% chaos, or a fire nova mine because it's stupid strong and cheap...

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

zxqv8 posted:

I was considering some form of chaostorm because 100% chaos, or a fire nova mine because it's stupid strong and cheap...

I wouldnt be so sure about cheap.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Looking for an invite, Elumera

After a few years of poking around PoE every once in awhile, Breach sucked me in hard. Can't believe the game's come this far so quickly.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I wouldnt be so sure about cheap.

Eh? Not sure what would be expensive since I could just rare gear hackjob it and have enough to get starter currency. That's about all I'm worried about early on

Here's another different question for people to ponder: what leaguestones are you thinking you'll be running while leveling?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
As many as I possibly can.

Preferring Breach and Perandus, but I'll run whatever (depends on how common things are)

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Torn between something ice related and maybe trying Caustic Arrow; gonna be a long day at work tomorrow trying to decide.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
That molten strike threshold jewel just changed my mind about what I want to do. I've always liked the skill but it needed some help. Now you can get 10 projectiles without LMP/GMP and convert the other 40% damage to cold. Mind over matter is buffed, gemini claws are buffed, claw crit is buffed. MoM claw inquisitor might actually be a really good build instead of a sad gimmick.

Hopefully people will rightly recognize that frost blades is awful even with its threshold jewel and not fight me for touch of anguish early on.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I think I wanna play with the guild this time around, can you invite Prince_of_Doom?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

For leveling as an ED build, do you start with ED or another chaos skill as soon as you can or opt for firestorm/spark/the other usual magic leveling stuff

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Social Media posted:

For leveling as an ED build, do you start with ED or another chaos skill as soon as you can or opt for firestorm/spark/the other usual magic leveling stuff

I found levelling as ED to be fairly smooth but I know most people like firestorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

YoungSexualNorton posted:

That molten strike threshold jewel just changed my mind about what I want to do. I've always liked the skill but it needed some help. Now you can get 10 projectiles without LMP/GMP and convert the other 40% damage to cold. Mind over matter is buffed, gemini claws are buffed, claw crit is buffed. MoM claw inquisitor might actually be a really good build instead of a sad gimmick.

Hopefully people will rightly recognize that frost blades is awful even with its threshold jewel and not fight me for touch of anguish early on.

Why would you ever need to go Inquisitor for a phys->fire conversion skill when any class can just use Xoph's Blood? That amulet is insanely good for 100% conversion and fire penetration stacking.

• Locked thread