Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Which is why I love Ducati's MotoGP team.

And yet, Honda doesn't seem to be able to put an F1 engine together after all these years... I mean even Renault managed something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

People don't hate Ferrari. The English hate Ferrari. So Sky TV, all their ex-WDCs.. this thread.. basically anywhere you find English F1 fans you'll find the Ferrari hate.

For a long time Ferrari was the only team on the grid that didn't call itself English. Certainly the only team at the pointy end of the competition.

Now the English have nothing, they have no engine so their great teams now beg for scraps from Renault and the McLaren is orange.

Vettel was always shat on by the English fans, often for little more than being German.

It's straight up racism baked into 'tradition' so people just roll with it. I think at one point there was a protest from English teams about Ferrari talking Italian over the radio because they couldn't understand it.

Make no mistake, this is as old as F1 and there are some very deep 'chips on shoulders'.

That's basically it. I'm not trying to spark an argument or rag on English folk, but as an Italian Ferrari fan I can tell you that's how I feel about it. It runs very deep!

edit: oh of course, Americans that follow English into the sport (because Anglosphere) sort of pick it up along the way like it's just known F1 stuff.

Actually as an American I'm happy to be immune to anti-Italian racism, guidos have been white here since like the 50s or 60s.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I am a recovering ex-Ferrari hater. I like the scud. I am English.

Most of my hate for Ferrari in the past stems from a certain German and his dirty cheating ways.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

I am a recovering ex-Ferrari hater. I like the scud. I am English.

Most of my hate for Ferrari in the past stems from a certain German and his dirty cheating ways.

I actually think Jean Todt was worse. Being a team principal in a branch of motorsport that was regularly killing both drivers and spectators hardens you into an alpha fuckman.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2017: Will you be an alpha fuckman or a beta Italian?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

RBR made F1 real loving boring not that long ago. Merc made F1 real loving boring last year.

Making F1 real loving boring is more a notch on the belt than a failing. If at some point your team managed to make F1 real loving boring, that's because you did it right.

Which is in total contradiction to what fans want to see, but another cool part about F1 is it's not totally dictated by whatever fans want right at this minute. It does serpentine back and forth trying to respond to fans, but there is no Fanboost and there will always be discrepancies between the cars because.. because F1.

Red Bull and Mercedes don't get twice as much money as everyone else for "reasons" and constantly threaten to take their ball and go home.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Red Bull cunted out the tyre change a few years ago and been talking about leaving, but i think they realised they aint no ferrari and quit it

but as a Red Bull fan I think they still would have won the championsnsiupo thattt ywearer ddaue tyio harrd wwrrokr and

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Halo14 posted:

2017 vs 2016 Wet Tyres

That's awesome, it looks like they just stuck 2 smaller tires together.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Red Bull and Mercedes don't get twice as much money as everyone else for "reasons" and constantly threaten to take their ball and go home.

Neither have they stuck around for 60+ years.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The one thing I'll say is I hate Lewis but it's hard to hate Mercedes as a team, they've at least publicly appeared reasonable and willing to compromise for the good of the sport as opposed to a certain other big team where everything said is political posturing for their own team's gain.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

To be fair, Mansell basically gave 0 credit to the FW14B: Invincible Robot Car.

Hot Take: Mansell sucks.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

The one thing I'll say is I hate Lewis

Yes.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

The one thing I'll say is I hate Lewis but it's hard to hate Mercedes as a team, they've at least publicly appeared reasonable and willing to compromise for the good of the sport as opposed to a certain other big team where everything said is political posturing for their own team's gain.

I generally like Mercedes-Benz as a team, which is why I don't really mind that they are steamrolling everybody. Anything is better than RBR.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Hot Take: Mansell sucks.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

Neither have they stuck around for 60+ years.
Mercedes had the good taste to stop killing people from 1955 until the 90s, when killing people became unreasonably fashionable in Italy and England. Germans don't like mass murder unlike the English and Italians.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Just saw Hand Knit is banning single image responses, my Vettel gif is denied once again

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

HJB posted:

Just saw Hand Knit is banning single image responses, my Vettel gif is denied once again

This thread has been so bad for so long I'm pretty sure the mods have abandoned this island of misfit toys.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The only time he's gone into this thread lately is when there was a real flare-up. Has anybody even gotten probated this year?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Have we been left to self-moderate our own little cesspool?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We need a thread IK.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Halo14 posted:

2017 vs 2016 Wet Tyres

Do these work in the rain?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Human Grand Prix posted:

We need a thread IK.

El Hefe...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This thread is so bad that it kills its own IK

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

The only time he's gone into this thread lately is when there was a real flare-up. Has anybody even gotten probated this year?

Make a sentence which contain both Wicka and meds then instant probation.

*edit* oh gently caress

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
He wouldn't touch the thread with a ten foot bargepole, he only goes by reports.

blunt posted:

Do these work in the rain?

I feel like this is an important question.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is the rest of SAS even remotely close to the posting style of this thread? I posted in a baseball thread once and people started crying because I called a relief pitcher a bum.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Maybe not most of SAS proper, but it's a similar feel to TRP

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I heard the NASCAR thread had an actual boob in it once

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

1500quidporsche posted:

Is the rest of SAS even remotely close to the posting style of this thread? I posted in a baseball thread once and people started crying because I called a relief pitcher a bum.

This thread really belongs in GBS (or DnD)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think we may scare off new thread posters on the account of them not knowing what the bloody hell we are talking about most of the time. Partly the in-jokes, partly because of the F1 rules being drat near Impossible for an outsider to understand.

Iirc it's quite close to the posting style of the WWE threads.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

I get weird looks in the Nascar thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I get weird looks in the Nascar thread

Your NASCAR thread posts are cool and good, who the gently caress likes eight laps of caution?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

Your NASCAR thread posts are cool and good, who the gently caress likes eight laps of caution?

I don't know man. Crazies.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njvNZN1E6k&t=7s

Like father like son, just in a safer era. Must be a canadian thing. It'd be funny if he hadnt killed a marshall. It must be like a highlander thing, an evil spirit just moving between drivers. Now that Pasta Baddonado isnt coming back it zapped into Their Lance :canada:

I puked in my mouth a bit when I saw those awful American "cars" on the Montreal circuit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

It's really not hard to hate Mercedes as a team

poty fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 3, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
British people: The Ultimate Fucktards?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

AgentJotun posted:

Calling it now, big comeback year for Seb. He's never been to fond of the hybrids, but atleast with the cornering speeds back up I think he will adapt well. Seb 2013 was basically the best season for a driver ever.

I could have won the WDC in that Red Bull

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

British people: The Ultimate Fucktards?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I'm like 99% sure the lyrics are:

It-alll-iaaaaaa
It-alll-iiiaaaaa