Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Veotax posted:

Does anyone know how Origin handles unlocking early with a VPN? I'm considering doing that since it launches in Europe a few days after the US. Will I have to stay in offline mode and forgo any multiplayer until the 23rd?

I'm not sure how multiplayer works with it but I unlocked Inquisition on Origin early with a VPN. If I remember right you basically just have to start up the game once with the VPN to get it to unlock and then you can turn it off. I don't think I had to stay in offline mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Deep pull

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm glad they're doing the "you can do all the skills on a single character" thing because if this game is as big as they're promising, I'm not gonna wanna play it 6 times just to see what the other classes are like

Well, we know New Game+ will keep up with the player, so here's to hoping the put the loving Golden Nug in from the beginning instead of an afterthought.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Parts of it are gonna be stupid, parts of it are gonna be awesome. It's a big goofy space opera where you've got a legit battletoad for a homeboy and if you can't have fun with that, you kinda suck at life.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Turbl posted:

If you have Origin Access you get to play starting March 16th but you only get 10 hours of playtime before you get locked out. Then you have to wait until the 21st for full release. Progress will carry over to the full release though.

Oh so it carries over, cool cool. Wasn't sure if that was the case. Never done the early access stuff before.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

As a superhater of this game I super don't care about the number of planets. Not sure why anyone would criticize it by comparing the number of empty planets in ME and ME4.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

ub posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic in that I don't expect the game to actually be bad. At worst it will be "ok" and that's good enough for me to have some Mass Effect fun with.

Basically just like DA:I.
This is how I feel as well.
My expectation is DA: I in space, and I enjoyed Inquisition enough to sink 160 hours into a full playthrough. And since I generally enjoy sci-fi more than fantasy I'm expecting this to be pretty fun.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Arglebargle III posted:

As a superhater of this game I super don't care about the number of planets. Not sure why anyone would criticize it by comparing the number of empty planets in ME and ME4.

It's tough to hate and then have to be objective when someone uses a retarded metric to show how bad the game is in lieu of oh I don't know *asaridicksuck.jpg

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
As long as I can cheat engine away all the resource gathering/base building poo poo, it tells a decent story and isn't riddled with bugs I'm sure it will be a perfectly average game.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mass Effect's Mom.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ryders in the vents again. Someone get the Asari.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really hope the MP is super fun because I'm pretty sure the exploring worlds isn't gonna be as good as exploring the one world in Horizon :(

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ub posted:

^^^ Hey, way to ruin a mega hot picture! :mad:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thank you.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

if you can romance and gently caress planets in this game like I sorely hope you can then it's less potential romance options. If not, it's less potential planets to "probe" and use my headcanon to interpret that as innuendo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The parasite known as humanity infects the Andromeda system. Illegal aliens on the rise.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm saving this for future use

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Crabtree posted:

The parasite known as humanity infects the Andromeda system. Illegal aliens on the rise.

its cool man im here with my space bongos and we all are going to smoke space weed and all those bad feelings are just gonna go away bruh. mondo quick.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Bud K ninja sword posted:

its cool man im here with my space bongos and we all are going to smoke space weed and all those bad feelings are just gonna go away bruh. mondo quick.

This is literally how the bad aliens and good aliens are going to interact. One's going to be BUILD A WALL AROUND ANDROMEDA and the other's gonna be weed society.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Crabtree posted:

This is literally how the bad aliens and good aliens are going to interact. One's going to be BUILD A WALL AROUND ANDROMEDA and the other's gonna be weed society.

wait till they get a load of me and my awesome space bongos.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I just thought, with the Scoruge and planets that were once thought to be habitable, but are now not when we start the game, I wonder if they are going back to the original dilemma of the "Mass Effect" phenomena destroying the galaxy by building up Dark Matter or whatever

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Can someone please pass along to their uncle that works at Nintendo I would purchase a year worth of origin access in order to play the multiplayer 5 days before they let the plebs play.

Namaste

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

jfood posted:

Parts of it are gonna be stupid, parts of it are gonna be awesome. It's a big goofy space opera where you've got a legit battletoad for a homeboy and if you can't have fun with that, you kinda suck at life.

As long as they don't make the ending so terrible I quit playing the multiplayer I will consider it a success.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
FINALLY finished re-playing ME1 - 3 on my Twitch, and two thoughts:

1) I took the hard renegade choice at the end of ME3 and got the new ending. What a cop out! Lol pissed Shepard standing there like a dick as everyone outside dies. I'm definitely gonna go back and run a destroy ending so I can FINALLY see the epilogues.

2) I REALLY hope they play up the exploration aspect of Andromeda. ME3 is epic, but in a really unwieldy way that kind of leaves you depressed at the end. I don't want to fight space gods for the fate of the universe anymore, I just wanna joyride with my mates and explore strange new worlds. And sleep with aliens. Just like Captain Kirk.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

neonbregna posted:

Can someone please pass along to their uncle that works at Nintendo I would purchase a year worth of origin access in order to play the multiplayer 5 days before they let the plebs play.

Namaste

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SgtSteel91 posted:

I just thought, with the Scoruge and planets that were once thought to be habitable, but are now not when we start the game, I wonder if they are going back to the original dilemma of the "Mass Effect" phenomena destroying the galaxy by building up Dark Matter or whatever

My bet is it is not the mass effect but something the remnants cause.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Here's a closer look at the MP bonus stat/paragon mechanic.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

SgtSteel91 posted:

I don't think anything has hinted at that. Everything in the story is based on long range scans of another galaxy. And a lot can change in 600 years. Especially if a sentient race is involved. Just look at what climate change is doing to the planet in a third of the time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Crabtree posted:

I'm not entirely against grind, I'm just wondering if they're making grind story important as in "You cannot proceed to fight this battle without X amount of unfrozen essential crew". But now that you mention it, I am worried a lot of content will feel too similar as well. I mean, all I will do is gently caress, shoot or talk to things, but I'd like at least the illusion of difference between each vault.
Mass Effect: UNFROZEN KROGAN LAWYER

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Don't know what you're getting at here cyberskull, that's how I walk IRL? :confused:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
New leaked photo of poo poo Ryder's defrosted military assets:

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

looks like she's sneaking up on him, is that not supposed to be the case?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Of course things will look goofy if you cherry pick a still screenshot, just like with movies. When it's in motion you won't even be able to notice it.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Aww yeah do the Andromeda Shuffle.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Of course things will look goofy if you cherry pick a still screenshot, just like with movies. When it's in motion you won't even be able to notice it.

That's not a still screenshot, that's an in-motion capture and it's obvious it's a hosed up animation :confused:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pacra posted:

That's not a still screenshot, that's an in-motion capture and it's obvious it's a hosed up animation :confused:

:thejoke:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Pacra posted:

It was a joke about how people are defending Ryder's air punch and the goofy duck lips and stuff by saying that if you slow things down of course it will look weird, but in full motion it looks fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Look, she just got out of cryo sleep and hasn't had a chance to hit the head yet