Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is there a list of potions and elixirs and recipes around? I made one of those elixirs that fully heals and gives 5 temp hearts and I totally forgot how to brew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Wildtortilla posted:

Is there an in game recipe list?

I would also like this. I figured once you made something it would pop up somewhere, because I don't want to memorize everything I need. The only way I can figure out is to check the recipe of something you currently have. It does seem like the concept is just to remember what effect certain things have (and it's usually in their description) and then put a meat and a vegetable in there. Make sure not to mix effects.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

I would also like this. I figured once you made something it would pop up somewhere, because I don't want to memorize everything I need. The only way I can figure out is to check the recipe of something you currently have. It does seem like the concept is just to remember what effect certain things have (and it's usually in their description) and then put a meat and a vegetable in there. Make sure not to mix effects.

Pretty much. More meat == more health, more of an effect food == bigger/longer bonus. Stuff like Apples, Mushrooms and -blin horns are just filler to pad the stats up a little higher.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Started the game up again this morning, decided not to be a dummy, cooked some peppers and got to the remaining 2 shrines on the plateau in the snow. Something clicked, this game is really loving fun, and it seems like I've only gotten past the intro.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is there a difference between meat, vegetables and fruit? Or does that just change the name of the final product? If it's just a balance between hearts and effect, I don't really mind then.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

socialsecurity posted:

Putting them into elixers like triples their value, also there is a vendor that gives special items for trading in monster parts so selling individual parts for ruppees is the worst thing you can do with them.
Well dammit, I read in this thread earlier that selling that poo poo is totally fine if you don't make a lot of elixirs. :saddowns: I guess I should start picking up all those small critters so I have something to make those elixirs from...

I don't think I've found that merchant, either. I know some monster bits are used for upgrading armor, but that's about it.

edit: obviously I'm not selling any of the rare drops, just the basic lizalfos tails and such that are easy to come by

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

Well dammit, I read in this thread earlier that selling that poo poo is totally fine if you don't make a lot of elixirs. :saddowns: I guess I should start picking up all those small critters so I have something to make those elixirs from...

I don't think I've found that merchant, either. I know some monster bits are used for upgrading armor, but that's about it.

edit: obviously I'm not selling any of the rare drops, just the basic lizalfos tails and such that are easy to come by

Vendor Spoilers If you go to Robbie's lab the to the west of it is a skull lake visit the left eye at night talk to the vendor there after that he will appear in every town at night and trade monster poo poo for various items/armor.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can you rotate items you are levitating with magnesis?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I think the only major complaint I have is that it rains way too loving much. Like, there's a 12 hour downpour every 36-48 hours and it makes climbing impossible.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

I think the only major complaint I have is that it rains way too loving much. Like, there's a 12 hour downpour every 36-48 hours and it makes climbing impossible.

This happened several times during the blue flame quest it was awful, also it seems to rain everytime I'm in the middle of a mountain range, both times I literally just sit there reading the forums on my phone waiting for the rain to go away.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just uncovered the map for the westmost area, where Hateno village is, and I think I'm going to throw up cause of how big this world is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sure this has been asked way too many times, but: is there any reason not to sell all my gemstones? Like, are there things I'll need amber and opals for and I'll be sad I sold a handful of them to Beedle?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Harrow posted:

I'm sure this has been asked way too many times, but: is there any reason not to sell all my gemstones? Like, are there things I'll need amber and opals for and I'll be sad I sold a handful of them to Beedle?

Yeah. You can make armor/head accessories with various gemstones.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there a reliable area to get hammers and axes? I've not found any decent axes except the starter axe so I tend to just drop them but now I need to collect the wood for the house and doing it via bombs is very tedious. And I need hammers to retry the stupid Mirro Shaz puzzle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just threw my switch and Zelda in the garbage because Beedle doesn't say "THAAAANK YOU" when I am done talking to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CJ posted:

Why does the game have this color balance? It looks terrible compared to the balance on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMb1iTIdHU

That color correction side looks hideous 80% of the time. It just deletes environmental filtering and then adds browns.

Beastie posted:

So normally in a Zelda game it is quite easy to bank some rupees.

However this game has me barely scraping by. What's the best way to farm them? Selling baked apples?

Edit: fixed because phone posting while playing Switch in bed.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Spoilers: secrets and Easter eggs from a guide. Stolen from a Reddit post. Also has the way to revive horses

http://m.imgur.com/a/RC3wD

One guys rupee farming method

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/5xlois/rupee_making_101_no_story_spoilers/?st=IZWQJ4PF&sh=88b3ea1b

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

This happened several times during the blue flame quest it was awful, also it seems to rain everytime I'm in the middle of a mountain range, both times I literally just sit there reading the forums on my phone waiting for the rain to go away.

It seems to disappear way faster if you actually go someplace else. Not, like, teleporting, just walking twenty yards.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm at Kakariko and did the Shrine in the hills. Where is the fairy fountain? I found this weird platform in the forest but I don't see a pedestal for my Sheikah Slate or anything, so I'm guessing I can't do anything with this yet?

e: OK I found the fairy.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 5, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey is this the best Zelda game? TIA

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

irlZaphod posted:

I'm at Kakariko and did the Shrine in the hills. Where is the fairy fountain? I found this weird platform in the forest but I don't see a pedestal for my Sheikah Slate or anything, so I'm guessing I can't do anything with this yet?

e: OK I found the fairy.

It's like 30 feet behind the shrine near the village.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

It is the best game

Also I am not going to say what is there but when you climb death mountain make sure you go down the other side of it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Yeah. You can make armor/head accessories with various gemstones.

What are the rarer ones, so I don't sell any that are going to be hard to come by? Amber and opals are all over the place, so I feel like it's probably okay to sell those.

Augus posted:

Probably, unless you're super into Ocarina of Time-style dungeons, in which case probably not.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Also as much as this game is pretty open and unforgiving and challenging in some ways, guys, if you're having trouble, go collect some faeries. You don't need bottles to catch faeries. They work just like OOT and if you die, they posthumously bring you back to life automatically. I have like 5 faeries on me right now, no big deal :v:

Fun fairy fact: don't be an idiot like me and drop them to try and take a picture with the Sheikah Scope + or they'll fly away :downs:

This also applies for any collectable that could still get away (so lizards, bugs and the like).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Augus posted:

It's pretty good but the characters aren't anywhere near as expressive as they are in Wand of Gamelon or The Faces of Evil.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
The shrine in the lost woods is the most obtuse puzzle i have ever, oh my god.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

What are the rarer ones, so I don't sell any that are going to be hard to come by? Amber and opals are all over the place, so I feel like it's probably okay to sell those.

Probably, unless you're super into Ocarina of Time-style dungeons, in which case probably not.

Diamond is the top in terms of rarity. I've found enemies that drop them but it's really rare. it is really easy on death mountain to farm sapphire and rubies, along with the common amber and opal.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Harrow posted:

Diamonds are very rare. Sapphires and Rubies are probably a little bit more rare than the others but I'm not sure. Diamonds you don't want to sell for reasons

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Also as much as this game is pretty open and unforgiving and challenging in some ways, guys, if you're having trouble, go collect some faeries. You don't need bottles to catch faeries. They work just like OOT and if you die, they posthumously bring you back to life automatically. I have like 5 faeries on me right now, no big deal :v:

I've only even seen one fairy so far, and I couldn't catch it because I was in the middle of fighting the Hinox (which has a great musical theme btw)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm at the first boss. Is there a trick to the second form? I don't know what I'm supposed to do aside from pelt it with arrows.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Friends, wish me luck. I've decided that the dragon on the to of Mt. Lanayru must die. I have cooked many important meals, I have gathered powerful weapons. Now, I venture forth.

Seriously, this is my favorite part of this game. There are like a billion things that have no "quest" objective assigned to them - you make up your own quest, venture forth on your own adventure, and you get rewarded constantly for doing it. It's a real achievement in game design.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Anyone know where to find a Great Thunderblade? I wanna finish my Great _____blade display set in my house.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

CJ posted:

Why does the game have this color balance? It looks terrible compared to the balance on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMb1iTIdHU

Because the game looks more interesting with the balance on the left.

The balance on the right looks like Generic Video Game Graphics at least 50% of the time.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The south east corner of Hyrule reminds me so much of Link's Awakening, I love it.

Anyone figured out what to for the fragmented monument quest?
I found all the fragments and it says the way will open when two figures kneel in front of it, and there's two pads on the ground.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hope that no one has ever skipped the dance when upgrading your carrying capacity.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just got the Fairy to upgrade my Hylian clothes set. Good thing I've been picking up those Bokoblin horns. :v:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Augus posted:

No.

It's the second best behind LttP.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Soul Glo posted:

No.

It's the second best behind LttP.

LttP was the last Zelda game I ever finished, so that bodes well!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game is going to destroy my life because I am way too into cooking in video games and this game isn't placing any limits on my ability to do so oh god

Kashuno posted:

Diamond is the top in terms of rarity. I've found enemies that drop them but it's really rare. it is really easy on death mountain to farm sapphire and rubies, along with the common amber and opal.

havenwaters posted:

Diamonds are very rare. Sapphires and Rubies are probably a little bit more rare than the others but I'm not sure. Diamonds you don't want to sell for reasons

Cool, I won't sell diamonds, then. Thanks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How can the mirror shield be real if the Lens of Truth isn't real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Why didn't I pre-order a Switch? :negative:

Between watching streams and listening to the soundtrack, this game looks so good to the point I caved in and ordered a Switch and I have no idea how long I'll have to wait until it gets delivered. Holy gently caress the Hyrule Castle music is so good.

Is the floating island you can see in the background in some trailers and screenshots actually A Thing? I cant seem to find anything about it other than pre-launch speculation.