Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Coin toss coming up, Kempski will live stream it.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/837705464079069190

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Should have a phili proxy on the vikings side

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Eagles won.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Alex Marvez, Sirius XM Host, claims Cooks will be an Eagle. For their second round pick.

Dunno how respectable he is. Also, I can't get twitter to post on here with the formatting. I post the URL and it just posts a URL.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/837666412491653121?s=09
https://mobile.twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/837667677342732289

Nm it worked

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

2nd seems a bit too much

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

El Patron posted:

Coin toss coming up, Kempski will live stream it.

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/837705464079069190

I didn't know they did a custom coin. Pretty cool.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

CyberPingu posted:

2nd seems a bit too much

Dude is younger than Wentz, about the same age as Corey Davis and Mike Williams. Has turned in the seasons of:

2014 - 53/550/3
2015 - 84/1,348/9
2016 - 78/1,173/8

Only concern is that he's on the last year of his rookie deal. Would need to get a long term deal done with him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Titans don't have a second round pick and may not want to pay a 1st for Cooks even though they have 2 of them

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

89 posted:

Dude is younger than Wentz, about the same age as Corey Davis and Mike Williams. Has turned in the seasons of:

2014 - 53/550/3
2015 - 84/1,348/9
2016 - 78/1,173/8

Only concern is that he's on the last year of his rookie deal. Would need to get a long term deal done with him.

Your concern should be that Cooks might be just a cog in a high-powered passing offense led by Drew Brees. It's not as bad as if he were the #2 guy in that offense (those almost never work out), but his catch rate isn't spectacular and it's an extremely safe bet that Carson Wentz won't throw for 5,200 yards next year.

I think a 2nd for Cooks is too high given what his contract situation is. The Eagles aren't exactly in "win now" mode--they should be building for long-term success.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles were also in love with Cooks back in the 2014 draft and were going to draft him until the Saints snapped him up right before them. (And then the Packers snapped up their last guy on their draft board, Clinton-Dix, so we traded down and got...Marcus Smith..)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Wait a minute I don't follow the Saints closely but I thought Cooks was good, why are the Saints looking to trade him

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

Febreeze posted:

Wait a minute I don't follow the Saints closely but I thought Cooks was good, why are the Saints looking to trade him

On his last year and he wants out, better to trade now and get something for him than let him walk next year.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

El Patron posted:

On his last year and he wants out, better to trade now and get something for him than let him walk next year.

It's smart for them, but I think it's better for the Eagles to sign him to a new deal early rather than wait for him to hit free agency next year. Stats-wise, his last two seasons have been very solid but it's very, very unlikely he'll be able to replicate those results in Philly.

He is a major step up from what they have, but then so is any street free agent WR, really

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

He is a major step up from what they have, but then so is any WR, really

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Because Drew Brees could get 1,000 yards out of a thalidomide baby.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Febreeze posted:

I was suprised too, but apparently they like last year's second round pick, Michael Thomas, more.

CyberPingu posted:

2nd seems a bit too much

I think so too, but I'd do the deal if they are sure they can resign him. I'd much prefer to give them Mychal Kendricks and a 3rd.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Febreeze posted:

The reports say the Saints really aren't looking to trade Cooks, along with some suggestion that Cooks may be looking to go be a true #1 somewhere else, but that the Saints are just listening to see if there's a market there.

I mean, Cooks was a first-rounder in 2014 that panned out (only player from the draft that panned out, good god it hurts to look at the rest of that draft), so you'd need a first+ to be worth trading.

EDIT: that same article re: "eagles likely landing spot" lists the Saints as wanting a first.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

ulmont posted:

The reports say the Saints really aren't looking to trade Cooks, along with some suggestion that Cooks may be looking to go be a true #1 somewhere else, but that the Saints are just listening to see if there's a market there.

I mean, Cooks was a first-rounder in 2014 that panned out (only player from the draft that panned out, good god it hurts to look at the rest of that draft), so you'd need a first+ to be worth trading.

EDIT: that same article re: "eagles likely landing spot" lists the Saints as wanting a first.

ewwww

I hope the Eagles do offer a first cause that'd be dumb as hell

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles, Patriots, Lions, and Colts are the teams in play for LB Paul Worrilow. He always did great for my IDP fantasy league :shrug:

Eagles for sure have Mychal Kendricks on the trade block.

Eagles have placed a 2nd round tender on TE Trey Burton.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Redskins are so hosed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Redskins are so hosed.

You're 150 years too late.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

You're 150 years too late.

500 years

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

500 years

Columbus literally sold 13 year old girls as sex slaves. I can't believe Ohio has a city named after him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Eagles for sure have Mychal Kendricks on the trade block.

I hope they trade him to the Patriots so all the fans that have been making GBS threads on him for 2 years will suddenly consider him a pro-bowler.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/838259044943032320

This is the first head coach extension ever in the Snyder era.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Feels like when they panic extended McNabb to try and divert attention from some controversy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ishin posted:

Feels like when they panic extended McNabb to try and divert attention from some controversy.

I think it's good, since it eliminates the risk of signing a deal for a coach that won't be around for long.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Gruden seems like a good coach, or at least good enough to keep around. I remember in his first year the controversy with Gruden not wanting to start RG3 and taking away RG3 privileges, and it looked like Gruden was a dead man walking.

Maybe the Skins are figuring poo poo out.

*Gives up Kirk Cousins for a 6th and Mark Sanchez*

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Febreeze posted:

Gruden seems like a good coach, or at least good enough to keep around. I remember in his first year the controversy with Gruden not wanting to start RG3 and taking away RG3 privileges, and it looked like Gruden was a dead man walking.

Maybe the Skins are figuring poo poo out.

*Gives up Kirk Cousins for a 6th and Mark Sanchez*

Good enough definitely seems to be the case, and it would be nice to have some consistency from year to year. I still don't understand the FO, or WTF is happening with our GM, but it's definitely better than before.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good enough definitely seems to be the case, and it would be nice to have some consistency from year to year. I still don't understand the FO, or WTF is happening with our GM, but it's definitely better than before.

The McCloughan situation aside I won't totally poo poo on the team's handling of Kirk Cousins. He wants a deal that is closer to Cutler and Stafford where he's your QB whether you like him or not for 4-5 years rather than the Tannehill or Dalton deal where you can move on after a couple of years. The Andrew Luck deal probably drove up the minimum bid too. Bruce Allen is probably looking at the Bears being stuck with Jay Cutler for years and worried that'll be case if they extend Cousins (I think that'd be the case).

The criticism I would have is that, one way or another, you pick a direction and go all in. Either call everyone in the league looking for a trade partner or give him the extension.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't think Cutler was ever really the bears' problem.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cash Monet posted:

The McCloughan situation aside I won't totally poo poo on the team's handling of Kirk Cousins. He wants a deal that is closer to Cutler and Stafford where he's your QB whether you like him or not for 4-5 years rather than the Tannehill or Dalton deal where you can move on after a couple of years. The Andrew Luck deal probably drove up the minimum bid too. Bruce Allen is probably looking at the Bears being stuck with Jay Cutler for years and worried that'll be case if they extend Cousins (I think that'd be the case).

The criticism I would have is that, one way or another, you pick a direction and go all in. Either call everyone in the league looking for a trade partner or give him the extension.

The market has shown that QBs are at a premium. They didn't necessarily have to offer him a long term deal, but they were offering him a contract worth $15M a year when Brock Osweiler was getting $72M over four years ($37M guaranteed) and Sam Bradford got $36M over two years ($26M guaranteed). Now he'll get $24M and any offer has to start there, plus he's guaranteed to hit FA next year. Washington completely flubbed the negotiation and now has to pay out the nose or lose their QB.

Also I feel like we can criticize them for stupid poo poo like this (found by FizFashizzle):

quote:

Appearing on 106.7 The Fan in D.C., the Washington Post's Mike Jones referred to NFL Network's "report" of a three-way trade involving Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, and the 49ers as "fake."

Jones seems to believe Redskins president Bruce Allen used NFL Network's Ian Rapoport as a mouthpiece to spread the rumor as a misinformation tactic with the Redskins embroiled in front-office drama. Ultimately, the Redskins decided giving Jay Gruden a two-year extension would be better P.R. "Bruce was like, alright we gotta do something because my fake Ian Rapoport Redskins three-way trade thing didn't work to change the story." Jones suggested the Redskins are now seen as so dysfunctional NFL agents are wary of their players signing with Washington because they're unaware of who's in charge. GM Scot McCloughan did not attend the Combine and is expected to be let go after April's draft.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/838276242621227008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/PierreGarcon/status/838592091433365505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So I guess Pierre is disponible?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotWearingPants posted:

So I guess Pierre is disponible?

He doesn't seem interested in coming back. Nor does Jackson.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The market has shown that QBs are at a premium. They didn't necessarily have to offer him a long term deal, but they were offering him a contract worth $15M a year when Brock Osweiler was getting $72M over four years ($37M guaranteed) and Sam Bradford got $36M over two years ($26M guaranteed). Now he'll get $24M and any offer has to start there, plus he's guaranteed to hit FA next year. Washington completely flubbed the negotiation and now has to pay out the nose or lose their QB.

They were going have to pay out the nose even if they weren't prepared. The fact that the market dictates Kirk Cousins will be one of the highest paid players in the league means the market is broken. I won't fault them if they want to move on from him.

quote:

Also I feel like we can criticize them for stupid poo poo like this (found by FizFashizzle):

Well, yeah, obviously. That dumb bullshit is still dumb bullshit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cash Monet posted:

They were going have to pay out the nose even if they weren't prepared. The fact that the market dictates Kirk Cousins will be one of the highest paid players in the league means the market is broken. I won't fault them if they want to move on from him.

The market isn't broken. Cousins is a proven starter in an incredibly supply limited position in a league with a constantly expanding salary cap. Unless you already have someone on your roster there is nothing to move on to.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The market isn't broken. Cousins is a proven starter in an incredibly supply limited position in a league with a constantly expanding salary cap. Unless you already have someone on your roster there is nothing to move on to.

They could try building an All-Pro offensive line with All-Pro RB and then just sticking a 4th round draft pick in there at QB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NotWearingPants posted:

They could try building an All-Pro offensive line with All-Pro RB and then just sticking a 4th round draft pick in there at QB.

I thought that's what they tried with RG3.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought that's what they tried with RG3.

*wooosh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

:suicide:

I keep on forgetting Cousins was a 4th round pick, not a 3rd.

• Locked thread